Pan-European ..stuff

Started by Nyx, February 14, 2010, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swokéyan

Yeah... im wondering too...
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

hemmond

So, topics to talk:
1) Place - in which country are at least three people, who are interested in organizing?
2) Date.
3) How many days?
4) Program of action? (What we'll do after arrival)

EDIT (12.3. 21:00 CET): Added "4)" :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Tsteututan

Quote from: hemmond on March 11, 2010, 04:29:41 PM
So, topics to talk:
1) Place - in which country are at least three people, who are interested in organizing?
2) Date.
3) How many days?
1) Ofc I'm for CZ :D But I don't want to organize anything, I can't do that.
2) Summer holiday :) Don't know better date for myself... yet.
3) Depends on length of program... But I think 5 days can be good. :)
Krrpe ole tayerkup, oe neu ne Pandora.

hemmond

@Tseututan:
1) Ok, so, if it'll be in CZ, I'll organize and you'll be helping (Don't worry. I'll give you exact instructions. ;) )
2) Yes we agreed at summer holiday. But WHEN concretly?
3) I think, that 5 days'll be good. And yes, it depends on program lenght. :)

Taronyuakawng

We all know that this meeting must go beyond Avatar. I mean, we won't be discussing Na'vi for the whole time.

It could be anything, really. 5-days trip with kayak. 5-days sailin on lakes. 5-days bicycle trip. 5-days camping in the woods far away from any civilization. mountain climbing, cave exploring. Joining an already existing event (any big fantasy meetup that we could join as Na'vi section?)

I mean, we need anything to spend a fookin good time + meetin other Avatar fans. I just can't imagine that "meeting other avatar fans" will be enough. If I wanted to meet other Avatar fans why would I spend much more money and time to go to the euro meetup? Why shouldn't I simply go to polish meetup or Warsaw meetup?

Cheers

Poland, Warsaw

Tsteututan

Quote from: Taronyuakawng on March 13, 2010, 08:18:06 AM
We all know that this meeting must go beyond Avatar. I mean, we won't be discussing Na'vi for the whole time.

It could be anything, really. 5-days trip with kayak. 5-days sailin on lakes. 5-days bicycle trip. 5-days camping in the woods far away from any civilization. mountain climbing, cave exploring. Joining an already existing event (any big fantasy meetup that we could join as Na'vi section?)

I mean, we need anything to spend a fookin good time + meetin other Avatar fans. I just can't imagine that "meeting other avatar fans" will be enough. If I wanted to meet other Avatar fans why would I spend much more money and time to go to the euro meetup? Why shouldn't I simply go to polish meetup or Warsaw meetup?

Cheers
Good point... Come to Metalfest Openair 2010 ;D
Krrpe ole tayerkup, oe neu ne Pandora.

Tawtakuk

I'm against joining an existing event. It's pretty sure we'd get laughed at. Not a good idea.

But the "our own, avatar-unrelated event" thing is very intriguing to me :) A multi-day hike, sleeping in tents, going through dense forests... count me in!

Also, looking at the map, our pins form a nearly perfect triangle, albeit a little bottom-heavy one. So it's no surprise that the geometrically-optimal location is somewhere in the north-eastern part of Germany (I'd say around Liepzig). But western Bohemia, near Carlsbad, is also close enough...

01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

Eana Tanhì

i think that we should camping, because it will be very expensive just to go there, i won't be able to pay a hotel too

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Fnua Atxkxe

*shameless free advertising* check second line of my sig ;D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

eanayo

Quote from: Tawtakuk on March 13, 2010, 09:30:36 AM
Also, looking at the map, our pins form a nearly perfect triangle, albeit a little bottom-heavy one. So it's no surprise that the geometrically-optimal location is somewhere in the north-eastern part of Germany (I'd say around Liepzig). But western Bohemia, near Carlsbad, is also close enough...

I am in awe for your skills in geographic guesstimation. The centre of all our pins is at +51.340089, +11.595459, which is just around 50km West of Leipzig.

And no, I don't feel nerdy for going through all coordinates. After all, this is a forum about a ConLang from a SciFi movie ;)

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

hemmond

To be honest, I'm aganist joining and existing event too.

Quote from: Eanä Tanhì on March 13, 2010, 09:47:00 AM
i think that we should camping, because it will be very expensive just to go there, i won't be able to pay a hotel too

If we'll rent some clasroom, or gym (in the elementary school) It's not that expensive.

Quote from: Aysyal on March 13, 2010, 10:56:50 AM
I am in awe for your skills in geographic guesstimation. The centre of all our pins is at +51.340089, +11.595459, which is just around 50km West of Leipzig.

Bul Leipzig is the only big city nearby. :)

And about activities... What about sightseeing? :)

EDIT: Small question. Is anyone from germany intrested in organizing? (at least 3 peoples?)

Taronyuakawng

Myself, I'm not a fan of joining an existing event either, but I thought I'll mention all options that came to my head.

About UK trip - this might be a good idea, if all participants agree to go to the UK (instead of Germany, which seemed to be the current location).

As for me, I'd really like to be out in the wilds. I mean, I don't care what exacly we do as long as its some sports activity far away from the city (kayak, bike, camping in the woods even if its illegal :P - those are my favourites).

Poland, Warsaw

eywa´eveng frrtu

Quote from: Taronyuakawng on March 13, 2010, 04:32:38 PM
Myself, I'm not a fan of joining an existing event either, but I thought I'll mention all options that came to my head.

About UK trip - this might be a good idea, if all participants agree to go to the UK (instead of Germany, which seemed to be the current location).

As for me, I'd really like to be out in the wilds. I mean, I don't care what exacly we do as long as its some sports activity far away from the city (kayak, bike, camping in the woods even if its illegal :P - those are my favourites).
the uk trip is gonna be something just like that, but wheve made a limitation to the ammount of people who can come.
And there are only 2 more places available. Sorry guys, we've made this decision because it's mostly everywhere in the uk illegal to camp and bigger groups meen bigger chance of getting caught.

Caenwyr

no prob, I like the idea of a Central-European meetup location.  Somewhere in the woods (but not too far from civilization)...  There should be tons of active things to do.  I guess we should look for a plays with lots of trees, lots of water, lots of rocky places - and a good old beerhouse every now and then, to rest our tired bones ;)

hemmond

If we'll be in close proximity to forest, I'll be able to show you radio-orienteering run (Amateur Radio Direction Finding - ARDF). Maybe, if I extract enough material from my ARDF club. :) This sport is tor the forrest terrain. :) And I don't know, when I started with it. :) But... All material have some weight and I haven't got a car. :) So... I'd prefer CZ location.

Fnua Atxkxe

I though I'd actually point out that there are 4 places left on this years UK trip plus there are some who are not sure if they can make it, anybody who is interested please say so. I will stop intruding on this thread now. Oe tsap'alute ulte Eywa ngahu.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Taronyuakawng

Well I think we all agree that in that case UK trip is not an option.

It's either all of us (who signed for the euro-meetup) or none. We don't want anyone to be "left out".

So.. are there people willing to organize this euro-meetup? I believe some folks from CZ said (earlier in this thread) they can organize this?
Anyone else wants to organize this, or do we all agree CZ people organize it (which would probably mean the location changes to CZ)?

I think we should wait at least 1 week for other people to agree/or disagree on this.

Poland, Warsaw

Fnua Atxkxe

I could organize if you want. I have a lot of time on my hands usualy and I organized the UK meet-up which doesn't seem to have crashed to the ground (yet ;)). I probably can't come but I don't mind organzing it.

hemmond

Everybody, who want to organize (at least 3 peoples), write here. I'll add you to spoiler in my post. :) There are, all contingents, who want to organize. So, if any contingent want to organize, write here. Then we'll make voting (poll). So? this topic is still open. :)

Swokéyan

What else do you want to organize :P
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)