Pan-European ..stuff

Started by Nyx, February 14, 2010, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawtakuk

The first questions should be where & when. That's already at least partially answered. The next ones should be how long & what, e.g. we need a plan :) Only after that is settled, I'd think about who should put it together...

By the way, hemmond, I'm not quite sure what you mean there. If you PM me in Czech, I'll try to put a more comprehensible translation here.
01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

Fnua Atxkxe

Having someone to organize and keep everyone on track can really kick start a project. Have a look at what I have done (second line of my sig there is a link) and see what you think. Whoever organizes this could use that as a kind of general plan, of course there is more info I keep that is not posted on open forum.  Is a good starting base though. I've seen a lot of meet-up projects crash unfortunately. Having one person who knows everything is often better than many who know only some details.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

hemmond

I'll can do general coordination and when it'll be ready, I'll give all materials to all organization contingent and then they'll cooperate and communicate somewhere (It's up to them) and here, they'll communicate with us. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Taronyuakawng

What would I expect from someone who does organize this:

1. Posting his general idea
2. Keeping track of who's interested
3. Posting a list of possible locations
(optional) 3a. Posting photos of locations he/she presents
4. Posting a plan for the chosen location.
- How long do we stay there?
- How can we get there (train, plane, car, other means)?
- How much would living + food cost?
- What activities are we planning?
- any other importaint info?
5. Choosing a date for the meetup (we need to know it at least 2 months before the meetup)
6. Negotiating changes to the plan/date/costs etc. to make as many of us as possible actually be there.
7. Organizing people into traveling groups. I mean.. if I go by car from Poland to Austria... i could possible take someone from south-east Germany with me (becouse I'm gonna travel through Germany anyways [in this example]). If we all travel by airplanes to Frankfurt, lets organize this so that we all arrive at the same time (if possible).
8. At the meetup, the organizing person would be held responsible for us. I mean.. if he/she sais "today we go to the city, to watch avatar, then from 1PM till 4PM we have free time for sightseeing, and then we meet at this house, to eat dinner.." then basically everyone should follow this plan.

Poland, Warsaw

hemmond

Ad point 3) Because of this reason, I was asking for contingents, that want to organize. :)

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Taronyuakawng on March 15, 2010, 08:43:36 PM
What would I expect from someone who does organize this:

1. Posting his general idea
2. Keeping track of who's interested
3. Posting a list of possible locations
(optional) 3a. Posting photos of locations he/she presents
4. Posting a plan for the chosen location.
- How long do we stay there?
- How can we get there (train, plane, car, other means)?
- How much would living + food cost?
- What activities are we planning?
- any other importaint info?
5. Choosing a date for the meetup (we need to know it at least 2 months before the meetup)
6. Negotiating changes to the plan/date/costs etc. to make as many of us as possible actually be there.
7. Organizing people into traveling groups. I mean.. if I go by car from Poland to Austria... i could possible take someone from south-east Germany with me (becouse I'm gonna travel through Germany anyways [in this example]). If we all travel by airplanes to Frankfurt, lets organize this so that we all arrive at the same time (if possible).
8. At the meetup, the organizing person would be held responsible for us. I mean.. if he/she sais "today we go to the city, to watch avatar, then from 1PM till 4PM we have free time for sightseeing, and then we meet at this house, to eat dinner.." then basically everyone should follow this plan.

You are quite right, there is a lot of work that needs to go into this and it takes up a lot of your time (not much sleep recently  ;D). Sounds like you have a fairly good plan in your head though. Maybe you would be good at organizing this?
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

hemmond

SO I ask again. Anybody (at least 3 peoples) want to organize? Post here. "Deadline" is Wednesday 31st March 2010, 23:59 CET. (11:59 PM, CET)

Taronyuakawng

Well, I do have experience organizing meetups, but:
a) I do not have enough time to organize
b) I'm from Poland, which is not the best location if you look at our map (best would be Germany or Czech working map)

I've posted on German-meetup topic to ask them if they would be interested in hosting the euro-meetup. They seem to have chosen the location (south-west germany.. perfect for us!) and have everything planned already. Lets see what they say about this idea...

LOOK at this map >>> Where is Würzburg?

--------------
Maybe we join with?

Poland, Warsaw

hemmond

Imho, their meetup is very short. I tink, that 3 days are too less. If I'll go somewhere, I'll go to longer meetup (maybe 5 days)...

Taronyuakawng

I added it to the questions. (#4 - can you make the meetup last longer? [minimum 5 days])

Poland, Warsaw

Tsteututan

Quote from: hemmond on March 17, 2010, 05:03:41 PM
Imho, their meetup is very short. I tink, that 3 days are too less. If I'll go somewhere, I'll go to longer meetup (maybe 5 days)...
Agreed, but joining their meetup is good idea :)
Krrpe ole tayerkup, oe neu ne Pandora.

Tawtakuk

Seems like a perfect idea.

Except I most likely won't be able to join you, given the date. A week eariler or a month later. But not in June... :(

Anyway, have fun there, I hope you'll enjoy your meetup. I am fully aware that for any given date, there will always be someone who can't go. And for basically any weekend in June, that someone is me.

Oeru txoa livu, ma eylan...
01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

Eana Tanhì

Tawtakuk, I like your sig  ;D  CZ moderator

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Taronyuakawng

QuoteAnyway, have fun there, I hope you'll enjoy your meetup. I am fully aware that for any given date, there will always be someone who can't go. And for basically any weekend in June, that someone is me.

It's not like it's been decided already. I'm posting ideas, but hey - i'm far from tellin ya all what to do. Besides - we still don't know what they (the german meetupers) think about this idea. And there might be a better location and people wanting to organize our meetup.

So don't abandon us yet!

Poland, Warsaw

Swokéyan

Probably the best idea would be to meetup close to the airport in London or something, only if everyone comes by plane. And then take some underground tram to some park area...
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

hemmond

I think, that best date will be July (except first two weeks) or August. :)

And in Prague, there are international airport and underground tram too. And more sightseeings. :)

Tawtakuk

Quote from: Eanä Tanhì on March 17, 2010, 05:33:25 PM
Tawtakuk, I like your sig  ;D  CZ moderator

You're only the second one to notice. And I've thought that null-terminated ASCII is pretty obvious... :P

Quote from: Taronyuakawng on March 17, 2010, 08:39:06 PM
It's not like it's been decided already. I'm posting ideas, but hey - i'm far from tellin ya all what to do. Besides - we still don't know what they (the german meetupers) think about this idea. And there might be a better location and people wanting to organize our meetup.

So don't abandon us yet!

You may be right. We don't know whether the Germans would like to join these two events or not. And I'm not abandoning you or the meetup idea, I merely stated that if we take this quite reasonable sounding opportunity, I won't be able to go ;)

I agree with Hemmond that a date about halfway through July looks nice. It's supposed to be a summer meetup, after all. But I disagree about Prague (well, except for maybe half-a-day upon arrival) - it sure is a wonderful city, but I'd really prefer an outdoor location and programme - camping, walking, whatever we can think of. And yeah, it should be about five days long - that seems to be optimal :)

hemmond

Some prague-countryside? Some villages around Prague? With one day trip to Prague (maybe half of the day. :) )?

Taronyuakawng

I may look like a fanatic to you when I say this, but...

Poland, Warsaw

Yanari

Taronyuakawng, I absolutely agree with you that sightseeing is absolutely boring (only my opinion, so put that rocks you're gonna throw at me away! :)), with the little difference that I don't get out of the city much :) I wouldn't mind the meeting taking place somewhere around Prague, (whether in the city itself or somewhere like - more connected to nature :) ) 'cos I really like it there.

@Tawtakuk
QuoteYou're only the second one to notice. And I've thought that null-terminated ASCII is pretty obvious...

I noticed it the first day you put it there, but I didn't bother to point it out x) Let's say that my sig is more like.. aestethically pleasing... or it just seems to me that way :) - but yours is more original.
Zene fko nivume nìtxan.