Pan-European ..stuff

Started by Nyx, February 14, 2010, 04:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsteututan

Quote from: Tawtakuk on February 20, 2010, 04:57:37 PM
Well, I guess we could make an "Official Czech Na'vi Delegation" :D

I'm also in for a pan-european meeting, if it is timed right and with backed enough people to be fun ;) Geographically, it's currently Germany what seems to be the most reasonable choice - not too far for anyone. But kinda odd for me as I don't speak German... :)

Oh, and July definitely IS a good idea!
Oe mllte as always :) Czech Republic would be the best for us :D
Krrpe ole tayerkup, oe neu ne Pandora.

hemmond

So... That's why I wanted to know, where you live, because then I'll be able to choose the middle. :) And I'mll be able to organize this, but if I have to communicate with those, who can lend us a school, It will be good to be in czech republic, because it will not be a language barierre and they will trust us more. ;D
So actual status:
UK (2), the Czech Republic (3), Norway (1), Sweden (1), Holland (1), and Austria (1)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Yanari

Zene fko nivume nìtxan.

Tawtakuk

Well, that moves the weighted geographical average a little more to the east...

A question for the others: what about Prague? You might want to <lame pun> czech it out </lame_pun> :) The only downside of a meeting there wolud be that there's no Na'vi word for beer yet... ;D
01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

hemmond

If in Prague, then on the peripheria (countryside) ;D Near to some position, where we'll can soot arrows from bows. :) And do some other things. :) And where will be some internet connection. :)

Eana Tanhì

Hi!  ;D
I think this is a great idea and I would like to meet with all of you, but I'm not sure that my parents would let me go alone and it's too expensive for my family... I'm from Croatia btw. But this is really great idea and you all should meet...
  * sry if I made some mistakes, I'm not so good in English  ::)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

eanayo

Croatia? Good, this moves the geographic center further towards me. Now we just need a couple of people from Switzerland and we can have a BBQ in my garden.

Also:
Quote from: Tawtakuk on February 21, 2010, 03:08:52 PM
Prague? [...] beer [...]
Oooooh, the stereotypes are strong with this one ;)
Also, I don't think the Na'vi even know beer or other alcoholic beverages. Why? Simple: Just imagine how difficult it would be to pronounce all the ejectives when drunk...

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

Nyx

Quote from: Aysyal on February 22, 2010, 11:21:36 AM
Croatia? Good, this moves the geographic center further towards me. Now we just need a couple of people from Switzerland and we can have a BBQ in my garden.

I vote BBQ in your garden! :P

Tawtakuk

nd we can have a BBQ in my garden.
OK, why not? :D

Oooooh, the stereotypes are strong with this one ;)
C'mon... I think I am allowed to joke about my own national stereotypes ;)

Also, I don't think the Na'vi even know beer or other alcoholic beverages. Why? Simple: Just imagine how difficult it would be to pronounce all the ejectives when drunk...
They probably do not know alcoholic beverages per se, but that doesn't mean they can't use other psychoactive substances. Look up eltungawng...

Sorry for an OT post. Back on topic: Looks pretty sure now that the meeting will take place in either Germany, Czech Republic or Austria. But what kind of place should we choose? City? Small town? Full-blown outdoor in the forest?
01000011 01011010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00000000

hemmond

I think, that the best position will be nomewhere in little village with school and near to big city (Prague, Brno->international airports) with good bus connection.

hemmond

So i made some sort of list of people, who may attend. :) Any mistakes or anything report to me. :)

Nick:              Country:
NyxSweden
hemmondCZE
sezawteEngland
RaphaelNetherland
AysyalEngland/Austria
TireafyaoNorway
fnua atxkxeEngland (scotland)
TsteututanCZE
TawtakukCZE
YanariCZE
Ean TahnìCroatia
Lenewa txe'lanDenmark
leofoxNetherlands
TaronyuakawngPoland
eywa´eveng frrtu sìBelgium
WieselGermany

So... I think that it's:
CZE (4); Scandinavia (2); England (2.5); Benelux (3); Austria (0.5); Croatia (1); Denmark (1); Poland (1); Germany (1)
Anybody wo want to attend, post here, Anybody who Don't want attend, post too. :)

Fnua Atxkxe

I would definately try and get there but I'll have to see how stuff plans out, as a note I live in UK (Scotland)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

eanayo

I feel so... split today ;)

To reiterate: I'll definitely come if the time is right (late July strictly earliest for me) and the general "feel" (no. of people / location / "plan") is sensible. What I've seen so far, we're on track to something ;)

As for the venue, I agree with hemmond that somewhere in or in close proximity to civilisation would be nice - that just gives greater options as to what to do (eating out if we fancy, doing stuff, whatever).

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

hemmond

If it will be in CZE, then our "Czech contingent" could get the building and prepare for next day arrive of all "visitors"

So... The first official topic is: What name of this meetup? :) I had two ideas:
Idea 1: "European Na'vi Meetup 2010"
Idea 2:  "European summer Na'vi meetup 2010"

Tsteututan

Quote from: hemmond on February 23, 2010, 01:55:01 PM
If it will be in CZE, then our "Czech contingent" could get the building and prepare for next day arrive of all "visitors"

So... The first official topic is: What name of this meetup? :) I had two ideas:
Idea 1: "European Na'vi Meetup 2010"
Idea 2:  "European summer Na'vi meetup 2010"
I'm for idea no.2 if there will be next meetup in 2010, otherwise idea no.1 :)

hemmond

Next meetup in 2010 is not in plan yet. :) I think, that if it will be only one times per year. If it will be. :)

Tsteututan

Quote from: hemmond on February 23, 2010, 02:53:18 PM
Next meetup in 2010 is not in plan yet. :) I think, that if it will be only one times per year. If it will be. :)
1x per year is enough :D

hemmond

Yeah. It's enough. :)

So... I hope, that nobody will kill me for spam on national forums of each europen country. :) I posted there link to this topic for more members. :)

Tsteututan

hemmond

They are not Europeans. :) (btw: In hungary that topic became Sticky. :) )