LN Avatar LARP 2011

Started by Kxani, January 21, 2011, 02:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxani

Alright, time for the information about all this. I've finally talked this over with our happy founders and I am glad to inform you all more about the big AVALARP2011 in Miami Florida (US). I've put out some lame info about it before by mentioning everything about it. Time to start building and informing some more to gice a better picture about what this really is...

For a starter, IT'S NOT
This is a serious group of people who larped many times. So basic,

What is larp?
"A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.

The first LARPs were run in the late 1970s, inspired by tabletop role-playing games and genre fiction. The activity spread internationally during the 1980s, and has diversified into a wide variety of styles. Play may be very game-like, or may be more concerned with dramatic or artistic expression. Events can also be designed to achieve educational or political goals. The fictional genres used vary greatly, from realistic modern or historical settings to fantastic or futuristic eras. Production values are sometimes minimal, but can involve elaborate venues and costumes. LARPs range in size from small private events lasting a few hours to huge public events with thousands of players lasting for days."

- Some awesome people at wikipedia

More info to be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action_role-playing_game

What is a AVALARP?
Practically the same thing with Avatar as the theme.

How are we building this?
First of all, we are looking the the basic groups. RDA SCIENCE TEAM, RDA MILITARY FORCE, AVTR DRIVER GROUP, NA'VI (and all the clans that is going to be made). This is why it's extra important that you in the application form is mentioning what group you are in. I will put out a empty form for the RDA to show an example of what it would look like.

When?
For 2 weeks. 17th of july to 1st of august.

Location?
Everglades National Park is what we are aiming for. Depending on the rules about staying there and how we can change it. Since we have to build up a base and villages.

Food and sleeping
Tents or build up base or na'vi villages. Depending on if you want to sleep in character or OFF.

Reality and Larp
"Player actions in the real world represent character actions in an imaginary setting. Game rules, physical symbols and theatrical improvisation are used to bridge differences between the real world and the setting. For example, a rope could signify an imaginary wall. Realistic-looking weapon props and risky physical activity are sometimes discouraged or forbidden for safety reasons.

There is a distinction between when a player is in character, meaning they are actively representing their character, and when the player is out of character, meaning they are being themselves. Some LARPs encourage players to stay consistently in character except in emergencies, while others accept players being out of character at times. It is usually assumed that players are speaking and acting in character unless noted otherwise, the opposite of normal practice in tabletop role-playing games. Character knowledge is usually considered to be separate from player knowledge, and acting upon information a character would not know may be viewed as cheating.

While most LARPs maintain a clear distinction between the real world and the fictional setting, pervasive LARPs mingle fiction with modern reality in a fashion similar to alternate reality games. Bystanders who are unaware that a game is taking place may be treated as part of the fictional setting, and in-character materials may be incorporated into the real world."

- Another smartass at wikipedia

RDA example character: I won't post everything since I won't put out anyone else s character in respect.

So.. any other question and i will answer them.

This is a serious project and I don't want anyone none serious in this project. It is good if you have good knowledge in the language of na'vi. Of you reject it, don't even bother to answer this. If you would like to help us to build this, then you are very welcome to enter it here. I won't give you the application form here since I will add that later. Until then, enjoy and have a blast. :)

Edit by Ftiafpi: I fixed your YouTube link so that people could actually view it and then hid it in a spoiler.

Kxani

Thanks! :) wanna join this? or put a sticky to it? :)

Eyawng te Klltepayu

I'd love to take my Avatar driver character to this! Don't think I'll be able to though.  :(
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

ToktorGrace

Man I really need to get a job :P I think I will also still be taking my summer Physics course during this :(
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Kxani

Quote from: Truro (Tìvawm'ia) on January 22, 2011, 12:35:19 AM
Man I really need to get a job :P I think I will also still be taking my summer Physics course during this :(

This job is not for anyone. Pandora will s*** you out before you can even say Viperwolf. :P No just kiddin' with ya hun. Ya'll be welcome to join us. :)

All the leading positions are already taken. Head of Avatar and Science team, head of military, lab assistant manager and RDA program executive.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Prof. K Miller on January 22, 2011, 09:37:39 AM
Quote from: Truro (Tìvawm'ia) on January 22, 2011, 12:35:19 AM

This job is not for anyone. Pandora will s*** you out before you can even say Viperwolf. :P No just kiddin' with ya hun. Ya'll be welcome to join us. :)

All the leading positions are already taken. Head of Avatar and Science team, head of military, lab assistant manager and RDA program executive.

Haha I meant an actual, real-life job that will pay me money to pay for expenses to travel to Florida.. given that I live literally across the country from there!
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Kxani

Hehehe I understand that you ment that way ;) just kiddin' with ya^^

Human No More

Looks good, but no way I can make it there :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Kxani

Quote from: Human No More on January 22, 2011, 02:36:02 PM
Looks good, but no way I can make it there :(

Hehe yeah, to bad you can't come. You are pretty cool!

Wiesel

great idea yea and i would love to attend.
But i wont be able to arrange this, distance and also the date is bad for me.

hopefully we will get something like this in euro going on some day ;)
I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...

Kxani

Quote from: Wiesel on January 22, 2011, 09:23:20 PM
hopefully we will get something like this in euro going on some day ;)

True story, that will be the next project haha :P a later one :P

Tiaothi

Gah, dammit ... I need to move out of NZ and over there. It sounds like a lot of fun though. :D

"Of everything I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Kxani

Quote from: Tiaothi on January 22, 2011, 09:41:41 PM
Gah, dammit ... I need to move out of NZ and over there. It sounds like a lot of fun though. :D

You are from a land of awesomeness though :P

Tiaothi

Quote from: Prof. K Miller on January 22, 2011, 09:45:22 PM
Quote from: Tiaothi on January 22, 2011, 09:41:41 PM

You are from a land of awesomeness though :P

Awesomely small maybe. :)
"Of everything I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Toruk Makto

But awesomely capable. Every homeland has stuff to be proud of.

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Vakari

If I can find a way to get the money for supplies and getting all the way there from Nevada, expect to see at least one, if not both of us, there!
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Sarah Noel

Necro-posting I apologize, but I'm really curious about how this went. How was it, any pictures? If I had known about it I probably would've been able to go, I just never check the events board, I'm in the cosplay like every day and never thought to meander over here. :(

Kxani

Hehe date has been changed so....still has not been :) I Will post more info when i have a computer and is not typing from phone :)

Vakari

Well, I'm still interested, just wish it wasn't so far away from me!
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]