Events / Meetups > Other Avatar-Related Events

LN Avatar LARP 2011

(1/5) > >>

Kxani:
Alright, time for the information about all this. I've finally talked this over with our happy founders and I am glad to inform you all more about the big AVALARP2011 in Miami Florida (US). I've put out some lame info about it before by mentioning everything about it. Time to start building and informing some more to gice a better picture about what this really is...

For a starter, IT'S NOT Spoiler: THIS!
This is a serious group of people who larped many times. So basic,

What is larp?
"A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamemasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.

The first LARPs were run in the late 1970s, inspired by tabletop role-playing games and genre fiction. The activity spread internationally during the 1980s, and has diversified into a wide variety of styles. Play may be very game-like, or may be more concerned with dramatic or artistic expression. Events can also be designed to achieve educational or political goals. The fictional genres used vary greatly, from realistic modern or historical settings to fantastic or futuristic eras. Production values are sometimes minimal, but can involve elaborate venues and costumes. LARPs range in size from small private events lasting a few hours to huge public events with thousands of players lasting for days."

- Some awesome people at wikipedia

More info to be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_action_role-playing_game

What is a AVALARP?
Practically the same thing with Avatar as the theme.

How are we building this?
First of all, we are looking the the basic groups. RDA SCIENCE TEAM, RDA MILITARY FORCE, AVTR DRIVER GROUP, NA'VI (and all the clans that is going to be made). This is why it's extra important that you in the application form is mentioning what group you are in. I will put out a empty form for the RDA to show an example of what it would look like.

When?
For 2 weeks. 17th of july to 1st of august.

Location?
Everglades National Park is what we are aiming for. Depending on the rules about staying there and how we can change it. Since we have to build up a base and villages.

Food and sleeping
Tents or build up base or na'vi villages. Depending on if you want to sleep in character or OFF.

Reality and Larp
"Player actions in the real world represent character actions in an imaginary setting. Game rules, physical symbols and theatrical improvisation are used to bridge differences between the real world and the setting. For example, a rope could signify an imaginary wall. Realistic-looking weapon props and risky physical activity are sometimes discouraged or forbidden for safety reasons.

There is a distinction between when a player is in character, meaning they are actively representing their character, and when the player is out of character, meaning they are being themselves. Some LARPs encourage players to stay consistently in character except in emergencies, while others accept players being out of character at times. It is usually assumed that players are speaking and acting in character unless noted otherwise, the opposite of normal practice in tabletop role-playing games. Character knowledge is usually considered to be separate from player knowledge, and acting upon information a character would not know may be viewed as cheating.

While most LARPs maintain a clear distinction between the real world and the fictional setting, pervasive LARPs mingle fiction with modern reality in a fashion similar to alternate reality games. Bystanders who are unaware that a game is taking place may be treated as part of the fictional setting, and in-character materials may be incorporated into the real world."

- Another smartass at wikipedia

RDA example character: I won't post everything since I won't put out anyone else s character in respect.

So.. any other question and i will answer them.

This is a serious project and I don't want anyone none serious in this project. It is good if you have good knowledge in the language of na'vi. Of you reject it, don't even bother to answer this. If you would like to help us to build this, then you are very welcome to enter it here. I won't give you the application form here since I will add that later. Until then, enjoy and have a blast. :)

Edit by Ftiafpi: I fixed your YouTube link so that people could actually view it and then hid it in a spoiler.

Kxani:
Thanks! :) wanna join this? or put a sticky to it? :)

Eyawng te Klltepayu:
I'd love to take my Avatar driver character to this! Don't think I'll be able to though.  :(

ToktorGrace:
Man I really need to get a job :P I think I will also still be taking my summer Physics course during this :(

Kxani:

--- Quote from: Truro (Tìvawm'ia) on January 22, 2011, 12:35:19 am ---Man I really need to get a job :P I think I will also still be taking my summer Physics course during this :(

--- End quote ---

This job is not for anyone. Pandora will s*** you out before you can even say Viperwolf. :P No just kiddin' with ya hun. Ya'll be welcome to join us. :)

All the leading positions are already taken. Head of Avatar and Science team, head of military, lab assistant manager and RDA program executive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version