Sustainatopia 2012 - Includes Avatar Events!!!

Started by Alan, February 25, 2012, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Kaltxi ma eylan,

I have been contacted by the organiser of the Sustainatopia conference and exhibition, which is being held in Miami from 19th - 25th April 2012. There is something that will very much be of interest to us Avatar Fans:

There are two events happening over that weekend for Avatar!!

The first one is Avatar - The Summit:
"Spend an afternoon exploring the profound connections between the world's most popular movie and the creation of a more sustainable planet.   Meet friends from around the world who share your sensibility and passion for James Cameron's masterpiece. Create a new network and friendships for a lifetime. Expect many surprises and even a celebrity or two!"

The second event is a public screening of Avatar!!:
"Enjoy the world's most popular movie and sustainability epic...... while relaxing in an open air setting on the front lawn of the magnificant, Frank Gehry-designed Soundscape Park.  Over 1,000 are expected to attend and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience."

The orgainser also said that there will be a "huge parade for Avatar enthusiasts and all those who love sustainability- doing right by the world, people and animals. ... The event CARNIVALIA is going to have a recyclable dragon, oil slick and be combined with AVATAR themes."

For more information you can visit the Sustainatopia website : http://Sustainatopia.com/

There is also a video from the previous event:
Sustainatopia Honors 2011 (Miami)

I'm sure it will be of interest... :D

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I was just coming to post about this lol.

GAAAAAHHHHH I wish I was closer to Miami!!!  :'( I spent a few hours last night trying to find SOME way to get there from Redlands, but it's jut not going to happen. Especially since I just found out that my Spanish final will be the day before all this is happening. If I want to come in July, there's no way I'm going to be able to afford this  :'(

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Alan

Hehehe...

Where did you here about it Txonä?

I must admit I was this --> <-- close to going, but I just can't justify the 5000mile journey and then come across to Seattle as well.

I don't know how many Avatar fans will be going.  I've posted this on a couple of forums for information.

There is the possibilityi that us Avatar fans will be represented there as the organiser requested a copy of the Avatar Fan Film Our Only Home, which I've sent through.  So who knows...

Alan

DJ Makto told me about it at an Avatar Nation meeting on Thursday. I was this --> <-- close to going too but the rates for flight/hotel packges were in the $500's. I'm sure there will be a lot of fans there, they are expecting like 1000 for the movie screening. I was really hoping to go and spread the language and meet some more people. If I had a better income, I would totally do this. *sigh*

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan

Yeah, it sure would have been great to go.  I'll have to contact the organiser to see how it is going and if they are going to show the fan film, and if so, take a piccie for us.  It would be really cool if they showed it just before the Avatar screening...dream on I guess Hehehe

Alan

Hey you never know they might. You were able to get a theater in the UK to show it once ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

Alan