Avatar lady spotted on gentlemen's club signage

Started by judytuna, December 24, 2010, 03:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judytuna

Does this count as "fan art"?

Spotted... DO U C WAT I DID THAR

This is the establishment: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=4217503336525573966&gl=us&dtab=0&sll=37.784893,-122.419281&sspn=0.010514,0.02105&ie=UTF8&ll=37.789998,-122.429774&spn=0,0&z=16

I love San Francisco. Saw it tonight, on my way to the Great American Music Hall for a Vienna Teng show. I'm ALMOST tempted to go in just to see if they have ladies in body paint. HRHRHRH

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Payoang

I love SF. Can we go there?

And my best friend went to Vienna Teng - without me! How was the show?

omängum fra'uti

Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

judytuna

Quote from: Txur'Itan on December 28, 2010, 11:57:41 AM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 27, 2010, 02:18:02 AM
I sense another Bay Area get together coming! :D

^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote from: Payoang on December 26, 2010, 01:05:10 AM
I love SF. Can we go there?

And my best friend went to Vienna Teng - without me! How was the show?

Ok when are you free? Hmm, the Avatar is blond. Maybe she was super-blonde as a human, and the human-na'vi dna mix resulted in her retaining her blondeness. Maybe it was an early RDA prototype that didn't have enough na'vi dna mixed in. Maybe she quit and stole the Avatar and a link bed because she found she could make way more money in a simulsex joint, cuz, you know, the RDA was originally developing Avatars to be used in mining operations before they figured out how expensive it was gonna be. Yeah, that must be how she ended up staying on 'Rta.

Why didn't I think to ask you guys if you were coming? Learnnavi people are like exactly the right demographic for Vienna Teng (e.g., smart computer programmers HRHRHRH).

I liked the concert, but truth be told, I would rather have seen more Vienna. She asked a lot of her friends to play the show with her, so each group/artist did like 5 songs each. They played a lot of songs all together, too, so it was more like "an evening of music with friends of Vienna and Alex Wong" than a "Vienna Teng concert" so actually I was a little disappointed. I know, it's blasphemous and I'm sorry =( I mean, it totally makes sense, cuz she's done this concert for the last several years straight, so maybe she figured it was time to change it up, and maybe she's entering a new phase of her musical career where she's even more interested in collaboration, but still....

Also, she barely played any old stuff (only athiest xmas carol, cuz she has to, cuz it's a yearly show that she does here on december ~20th in sf, and ). No harbor (which is almost good cuz I know she must be sick to death of that song, but still), no tower, no gravity, no lullabye for a stormy night, no medea, and since the set was so short, no grandmother song, which i really like, etc etc..... haha. Not even soon love soon, which I thought HAD to be played at the xmas concert, cuz it was played at all the other ones, and she gets everyone to sing. Oh yeah, there was a lot of audience participation. For blue caravan, she had one of the guys stand on stage and conduct us to make sound effects. On his cue, we jangled our keys, whistled like the wind blowing over lonely sand dunes, and stomped our feet.

It's weird to have been a fan for years and been to like 15 concerts (like almost all the xmas ones at the independent, and even ones in santa cruz and stuff), and local, and like, she went to a neighboring high school and I have friends of friends that actually know her IRL and stuff (I'm a stalker as you can see; I don't actually know her IRL or anything hrh) cuz I'm like, attached to the old stuff, but I know I *should* be supportive about the new stuff and the artists she wants to propel to popularity, too. And the concert was really fun, and the other songwriters are talented, though I still think Vienna is the brightest star. And she's writing new songs, and touring, ON TOP of being a full-time grad student, so I feel like high expectations asian father even uttering a single word of any of this. hahaha. Anyway she played a couple of COMPLETELY new songs, and Antebellum (at least! That's my favorite song off her newest album), and greyhound, and the one that goes "it's just the radio darling" which was like jangly and weird. She broke out the live looper for it! But I dunno, I don't really like that one (I'M SORRY!!!! I can only say this because I love her music in general, and all that she stands for, I really do. And despite not really liking that one I still hum it all the time for no good reason). She is playing with meter EVEN MORE these days. So is everybody, like, Alex Wong played a bunch of his new songs, and I didn't even listen to the tune of one of them because I was too busy counting to 7 and then 10 on my hands (or something, I can't remember, or maybe I never actually figured it out).

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm complaining. Talk about first-world problems. "Wahhh, one of my favorite artists wants to expose me to her friends' work but I wanted to see her perform more, even though I've seen many hours of her performing in my life already, waaaaahhh." hrh. Of course the evening was very very enjoyable. It was my like 2nd time at that theater (the other time was in like 2002 to see tmbg), and it was fun... We didn't get dinner tickets, but we arrived early enough and managed to get a table, and my friend was famished and ordered a gardenburger, except it came late in the middle of the concert and she had to send it back because IT WAS A BEEF PATTY and she's been a vegetarian for the last like 20 years and then 2 hours later a gardenburger came with the explanation that someone else that had ordered a REGULAR burger had gotten her gardenburger instead, but ate it without noticing, so they had to find that out and THEN make a new one and stuff, but they comped it, and I had a really freaking delicious banana split. No seriously it was so delicious. Homemade caramel, 2 cherries, chocolate sauce, different kinds of ice cream, and BLOWTORCHED SUGARY BANANAS. And it must suck to be on the staff for a venue like that, trying to keep all the orders straight cuz people move around so much. /ramble  Do we have a word for "ramble on and on in runon sentences way past the point of anyone caring" in na'vi yet? Can we make one? Just for me?

The last song of the night was written by all the friends at 2am the night before the concert, and it was super-silly. They all crammed onstage and sang it together, like we were at a bar and we were all friends and we were having a good time. "It's not even Christmas, it's just Thursday night" was the refrain and one of the verses went "It's not even Christmas, it never is, when you grow up in LA, as a jewish kid" hahaha ha ha

Fish, what did your best friend think of the concert???? And the new songs and stuff? And the other artists, did your friend get any cds or anything? I love Vienna Teng concerts because of the little funny stories she always tells. I really like her a lot, because she's like, warm, and honest, or something. /fan

Guess what? She did a collaboration years ago with my old roommate Derek:
"One 2 One" - Magnetic North feat. Vienna Teng

=D