Main Menu

Started by Tengfya swizaw, January 24, 2010, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tengfya swizaw

Well, here's my stab at it. Txan irayo to Skxawng, who helped both me and many others with his tutorials.
It's not as photorealistic as I'd have liked, but it turned out pretty well. I learned a lot about photoshop and facial structure (more Na'vi than human) while doing this. I probably had the hardest time doing the hair, as I had no idea what I wanted it to look like and my actual hair is non-translatable into Na'vi or Avatar hair. The stripes were fun as well, because (if you notice) a lot in the movie the stripes represent, in some ways, the person's character and personality. That doesn't mean I understand what mine is, but the research side of it was fun. :P

Eywa ngahu, ma ay'eylan.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Nume fpi sänume

Hey thats awesome! Great job man :)

Skxawng

apologies for not responding to your IM btw, I've been incredibly busy and unable to critique in-depth as I want to.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a moment to write it all out.

Looks pretty good though!

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tengfya swizaw

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 24, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
Hey thats awesome! Great job man :)
Irayo!

Quote from: Skxawng on January 25, 2010, 12:07:50 AM
apologies for not responding to your IM btw, I've been incredibly busy and unable to critique in-depth as I want to.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a moment to write it all out.

Looks pretty good though!

Again, Irayo. And I understand about the whole busy thing. I'm still looking forward to it, though, as there's a whole lot of stuff I could've done better.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/