My First Na'vi-iation, Critiques?

Started by Navia, April 02, 2012, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navia

Quote from: Alyara Arati on April 03, 2012, 05:17:56 AM
This is SO fabulous! :D  You're truly gifted, I think.  And also very pretty. :)  I can't even draw stick figures properly, but creating sänhì patterns is lots of fun, kefyak? ;D

So much fun!!!! kefyak! And thank you so much! I hope to get more art up soon and landscapes as well :)
Stand tall, even if you stand alone. Fight, even if no one will fight by your side. If you must die, die so that others may live. Do this and you will live, Tirea 'ok...
- Navia

Kamean

QuoteI've made some backgrounds.
So beautiful! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

Quote from: Kamean on April 05, 2012, 10:27:54 AM
QuoteI've made some backgrounds.
So beautiful! :)

Mllte! You're like a photoshop ninja!  ;D
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

Ftiafpi

I love what you did for your Avatar and, as a first attempt, it's one of the best I've ever seen. Skxawng is our resident art and Na'vi facial features expert so definitely check out all of his posting in the art board.

Yeah, using the liquify tool to make the Na'vi nose is definite one of the hardest parts. I think you did a wonderful job, though. You also got the eyes, stripes, and sanhì spot on (pun intended). The eyes could be shifted up a bit but since this is an Avatar that can easily be ignored. I like what you did with the braids, did you use a brush tool to do that? It looks a lot like Skxawng's technique.

Anyway, great work on the Avatar, don't be surprised if you get a lot of people asking if you can do one for them as well.

If you need any help with the language don't be afraid to PM me or post in any of the other boards. I love helping new learners get started. If you are ever on our IRC or have skype let me know, I can be found on there during the evenings.

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Ftiafpi. Agreed. I have already asked her for a Na'vi'ation of myself. :)

She has great skills. Beyond great, actually.

Navia, keep up the great great work. BTW, there is nothing wrong with eating ice cram in the morning.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Blue Elf

really great avatarization - love it very much!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)