My First Na'vi-iation, Critiques?

Started by Navia, April 02, 2012, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navia

Kia'Ora. My name is Navia.
I'm new here but looking forward to immersing myself in the culture of the Na'vi.
I ask for patience as I don't know a single word in Na'vi save for a few phrases. Once thursday comes I plan on learning the Na'vi tongue.
I Love James Cameron's AVATAR and the Na'vi people because so many of the traditions and characteristics I saw reminded me of the Maori Culture which is my culture. So why not learn more about it!

Below is my first ever attempt at making myself Na'vi. Comments and critiques are appreciated as I'd love to get better.

Navia

Well, here she is, Me as a Na'vi. (Or my AVATAR considering I kept the eyebrows and kept the brow smaller than the native Na'vi and the neck a little short)

This was done with one of my photos that I edited in basic, (very basic) photoshop with a mouse.
I'd like to learn any tricks of the trade to make this more legit.

Thanks heaps!  

Navia.
Stand tall, even if you stand alone. Fight, even if no one will fight by your side. If you must die, die so that others may live. Do this and you will live, Tirea 'ok...
- Navia

Navia

My timing for posting seems to always be a little off.
Stand tall, even if you stand alone. Fight, even if no one will fight by your side. If you must die, die so that others may live. Do this and you will live, Tirea 'ok...
- Navia

Nyx

Looks great! I like the sanhì pattern :D

Navia

Quote from: Nyx on April 02, 2012, 04:19:33 PM
Looks great! I like the sanhì pattern :D

Thank you so much! It was hard though I admit I thought I was going to die when I finished
- Navia

Navia

This is the "Two Worlds" picture,
My Na'vi one one side, and my Human side on the other.

Hope you enjoy.

-Navia
- Navia

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Navia

- Navia

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

AUWE! I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK Ma Tsmuke!
I don't even have photo shop.  You are AWESOME!

Navia

The steps I took to try and make my Na'vi self.

- Navia

Navia

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on April 02, 2012, 05:54:37 PM
AUWE! I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK Ma Tsmuke!
I don't even have photo shop.  You are AWESOME!

Thank you dear!
- Navia

Ricardo

Only critique: The nose. The slots look a bit weird. Do you think you could improve it?

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Irayo! Thank you for showing the process. (I feel so deprived!)
And btw I LOVED the red hair! 
But I doubt that even an Avatar would display red hair.

Seze Mune

Kia'ora koe ma Navia.  ;)   You made kosmana reltseo! (<= mouseover).  Txantsan!

- Seze Mune

Navia

Quote from: Ricardo on April 02, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
Only critique: The nose. The slots look a bit weird. Do you think you could improve it?
Trying, didn't see the nose tips in these threads till after I was finished. I'm working with a mouse, and sooo wishing I had a tablet right now lol!
- Navia

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

I think this is a truly wonderful piece of work. Your skills are amazing. You will excel in your chosen profession once completed with school.

I wonder... could you Na'vify me, perhaps ???

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Alyara Arati

This is SO fabulous! :D  You're truly gifted, I think.  And also very pretty. :)  I can't even draw stick figures properly, but creating sänhì patterns is lots of fun, kefyak? ;D
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Navia

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on April 02, 2012, 08:09:25 PM
Irayo! Thank you for showing the process. (I feel so deprived!)
And btw I LOVED the red hair! 
But I doubt that even an Avatar would display red hair.

lol Me too. I thought it looked rather sharp!
- Navia

Navia

Quote from: Seze Mune on April 02, 2012, 10:23:26 PM
Kia'ora koe ma Navia.  ;)   You made kosmana reltseo! (<= mouseover).  Txantsan!

- Seze Mune

Thank you so much! <3
- Navia

Navia

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on April 03, 2012, 05:04:41 AM
I think this is a truly wonderful piece of work. Your skills are amazing. You will excel in your chosen profession once completed with school.

I wonder... could you Na'vify me, perhaps ???

Thank you so much! I will need a little more practice and time. lol, Finals are taking over my life at the moment
- Navia

Navia

I've made some backgrounds. They are actually to my Book "Thirra" But James Camerons AVATAR and Pandora inspired a lot of it

- Navia