Collaboration with ...Maria SAKURAI!

Started by Skxawng, September 07, 2010, 09:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skxawng

So I found out the original linework was done by a Japanese girl named Maria Sakurai, from Kanagawa! Txana ayirayo ekiräru, talun pol ma Mariati rolun!

fìreltseo hasey lu!

Txana ayirayo poanur!

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tsteu nantang

I saw the original drawing and i believe that this is a very good upgrade to an already beautiful work.

If I had to pick something to change, I believe the male Na'vi chest is a little too thick, but this is a matter of opinion and im not 100% sure what the proper proportions are.

Either way Good Job I <3 it. :D
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Zerray

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Skxawng

Quote from: Tsteu nantang on September 07, 2010, 10:07:43 PM
I saw the original drawing and i believe that this is a very good upgrade to an already beautiful work.

If I had to pick something to change, I believe the male Na'vi chest is a little too thick, but this is a matter of opinion and im not 100% sure what the proper proportions are.

Either way Good Job I <3 it. :D

Thanks!  I believe the assumption here is that the Male in the image is an Unìltìranyu which would account for the more bulky muscles, and thicker chest.

Quote from: Zerray on September 08, 2010, 04:50:41 AM
Awesome ... it's so beautiful  :D

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on September 08, 2010, 07:25:55 AM
this is really beautiful  :)

Na’ringHufwe

Im so glad that my work has had such a wonderful impact!  :D

I am beside myself with Glee!   ;D

Na’rìngä ’Evenge

Wow!!!!! This is truly amazing! I bow down to the both you and your magnificent artistic talents!!  :)

Na’ringHufwe

Oh ya, I PM'd you my name Skxawng.
I should make a habbit of signing my drawings, but I never did like to because signatures take away from the drawing
So I sometimes sign the back :D

I must agree you have made one of my little sketches into a beautiful picture!

Skxawng

larger version will be up later tonight, names included.  I think I'm going to be putting some more time into it after I work out tonight.

Na'ring - thanks for the names, and yeah, I'd suggest signing your drawing, particularly if the orphan works bill comes to pass. Either a monogram or your name; doesn't have to be huge just enough to identify you.

Glad you like it :)

tsamna

Go climbing, its better for you than xbox.

Nyx

Wow.. I love it! ;D Both this and the original look amazing! And it's gonna be fun to see what more you're going to do with it, because the areas you mention that need more work, they look great too, they work with the painted look. And I just love the colors.

Skxawng

Thanks Nyx :)

Put in another ... 2 hours. I think I'm getting to the point of overworking it so I'm going to stop.  Sometime in the future I'll have a process image for those wondering.

I'm pretty happy with it, but next time I'm going to be sure to have some better reference

this was fun :D

Na’ringHufwe

It would please me greatly Skxawng, if you would do the other 3 sketches in conjunction with this first one.
I've recieved requests to color them, and since you have outdone yourself with the first one
I ask that you do the other 3!

What say you ma tsmukan?

Ekirä

So, so, so, so, SO gorgeous!! That is a real work of art.....there are some amazingly talented people here.

tsamna

Go climbing, its better for you than xbox.

Skxawng

Quote from: Na'ring Hufwe on September 08, 2010, 08:59:36 PM
It would please me greatly Skxawng, if you would do the other 3 sketches in conjunction with this first one.
I've recieved requests to color them, and since you have outdone yourself with the first one
I ask that you do the other 3!

What say you ma tsmukan?

That ... that's a pretty tall order. I'm very flattered, but you've gotta consider that this particular drawing is relatively simple and straightforward ... the 'other 3 sketches'  are more like the 'other 20 sketches' :P

At the very least I wouldn't be able to take 'em to this level without a significant deposit of time  which ... I don't really have :/

I may however choose a frame or two to expand upon.  Though no garuntees

In the meantime ...
Process Shot!

Na’ringHufwe

I know what you mean!
we have lots of time (no deadline) so when you just Feel like doing it, do it!
I would like to see how you would color the other sketches.

and ya it is like....20 lol. But background isnt of huge importance.
Either way ma tsmukan, its all good

Skxawng

There are one or two that I might hit, but again, don't hold your breath ... the next few weeks are going to be nothing but busy busy busy

Nyx

Nice update ^^ I like how Jake's tail is behind Neytiri's now, it adds depth and they look slightly more tangled in each other :P Oh and thanks for the process pic, always fun to see what changed when.

Ftiafpi

Wow, simply amazing work to both of you. Love it all, I hope to see more from either party.

Very beautiful.