Human Avatar - Done in Zbrush

Started by Tsteu Tsmukan, April 03, 2010, 05:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsteu Tsmukan

Well I thought I'd have another go at sculpting a Na'vi in Zbrush again since I've been regularly sculpting different types of heads and felt like my skill has gotten a little bit better. Tell meh watcha think though?

(P.S - I could have added some of the textures but I'm pissed at Zbrush right now because it's not letting me get the colour I want to apply onto the sculpture )

Skxawng

From the breif foray i've had in zbrush I've learned a bit ... and from what I can tell your biggest problem is that you got too excited and rezzed up too fast, which is why things seem lumpy. Additionally I'd recommend that you get some reference photos of the neck, human or na'vi, real life or photo, it'll help a LOT.

Finally, try not to sculpt hair to look like hair, instead paint the form of hair, its volume, instead of trying to represent strands.

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tsteu Tsmukan

Quote from: Skxawng on April 03, 2010, 11:24:00 PM
From the breif foray i've had in zbrush I've learned a bit ... and from what I can tell your biggest problem is that you got too excited and rezzed up too fast, which is why things seem lumpy. Additionally I'd recommend that you get some reference photos of the neck, human or na'vi, real life or photo, it'll help a LOT.

Finally, try not to sculpt hair to look like hair, instead paint the form of hair, its volume, instead of trying to represent strands.

arlight, thx for teh comment, i'm going to try a different approach to sculpt out a head because I do agree with you that my sculpts tend to get bumpy as compared to others who have this nice, clean 3dness about their sculpting. As for hair, I really am a newbie when it comes to that :(