Main Menu

I suck at photoshop

Started by Ikranä mokri, May 04, 2010, 05:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Nyx

Who? Me? Or the dude who says he "sucks at photoshop"? (I vote he does it :P) And are you sure you don't mean "tawtutefy"? ;)

And yeah, I could do it, but I'm probably not going to start until my exams are over. Which will be June 8th. There's always something in the way...

MrGoodbytes

Mine was simple photoshop stuff, with an erased bg and then just a chalk brush.  Nyx, could you either post how you did yours, pm, or email me?  I think it is terrrific quality.  Pics would be awesome  ::)

Nyx

I haven't saved any transition state pictures, but if you want, I can send you the .psd so you can see some of the stuff I've done. It's pretty big though because I put everything in a new layer. It's easier to edit then.

The most important things to remember are to not overuse the liquify tool, do the coloring after everything else (especially if you use settings like darken and multiply with low opacity (which usually let you see the stuff underneath)) and keep an eye on the proportions (which might be hard, depending on the face you start out with). And since you usually lose a lot of detail in this process, I add a layer with leather texture over everything and just make sure to blend it properly with the rest.

You should definitely check out Skxawng's tutorials, there is a lot of useful info there.

MrGoodbytes

Awesome!  Yes, please send the psd file That would be awesome.  My email should be here, pm me if you need it