Avatar Polygonal T-Shirt Designs

Started by [email protected], August 22, 2018, 11:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

UPDATE: I'm looking at getting this printed onto T-shirts so i will update further if I am able to sell these to anyone who wants :)

Kaltxì! Selling custom signatures for £1 each! Message me for details :)

Toliman

Nice, I hope that you will be successfull with it :)

[email protected]

Okay, so over the past two days the positive feed back has given me a bit of motivation to get on with Toruk :) So I went and used the last two days to complete it :) I will update it on to the main page aswell as posting it here :)  :toruk: I hope you guys like it and maybe soon i will be able to start selling t-shirts  ;D

Toliman

[email protected]

Ertew

Toruk looks less detailed than Ikran. Looks good at this moment. Hope its still work in progress.
IMHO the head color is too brown. I checked screens from movie and colors match, but I would like to see head in orange tone, as most of Toruk's body and forum emoticon.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Toliman

I would say that "real" head is really more similar to our forum toruk emoticon but seems me that just a bit more dim.

In any case, great work :D

[email protected]

Quote from: Ertew on August 25, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
Toruk looks less detailed than Ikran. Looks good at this moment. Hope its still work in progress.
IMHO the head color is too brown. I checked screens from movie and colors match, but I would like to see head in orange tone, as most of Toruk's body and forum emoticon.

Unfortunately, as I use screenshots from the film as a reference, the colours that i use match the original movie shot. In this case it is one of the shots where Jake and Neytiri are being chased by Toruk and unfortunately the shot is not as detailed as the one i had for the ikran. This kind of limits the amount of detail I can fit into the piece :( And the reason it is a brownish colour is that Toruk is shot in shadow. I hope this clears up any concerns haha

Ertew

[email protected]

Quote from: Ertew on August 25, 2018, 07:31:25 PM
Maybe this will help You:
http://pl.james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Plik:Toruk_Makto.jpg
https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/Avatar/pages/Avatar-1251.htm

I could try and add more detail to the original poly but the problem I have is that Toruk only takes up a small portion of the screen in most of the movie screenshots compared to the screenshot I had of the ikran. Again this limits the amount of detail as the smaller the area of the subject, the less detail there is in the actual screenshot. And the way I do polygons is by overlapping the original image using the colour palette of the image beneath. I will try again at some point to add a bit more detail to the image, but this may require changing the pose to a side on view - not the preferred view.

EDIT: Tried to add a more reddish colour to the original:

NEW:

OLD:

I hope this is better??

Toliman

Quote from: Callum2706 on August 26, 2018, 04:57:50 AM
EDIT: Tried to add a more reddish colour to the original:
Nice, I would say this colour looks really good :)

[email protected]

Ertew

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hey guys, i'm back with a small bunch of Low-poly animal faces referenced from the animals on Pandora. I've put them into a little shirt design as a future idea :)

P.S. One day i hope to get all my designs printed onto shirts and be able to sell them to you lot :)

Toliman

[email protected]

Toliman

Kea tìkin :)

Quote from: Callum2706 on August 31, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
P.S. One day i hope to get all my designs printed onto shirts and be able to sell them to you lot :)
I like this idea :)

[email protected]

Oeru nìteng :) I hope to get them printed soon :)

Toliman

Will you try also Nantang head in same polygonal style like as your toruk and ikran? :ikran: :toruk:
(Nantang is my other favourite pandorian animal)