Main Menu

Images for our Dictionary

Started by Seze, May 19, 2010, 10:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Kaltxì ma 'eylan,

We need some pictures to use with the entries in the Learn Na'vi Dictionary App for the iPhone.  Instead of scavenging around on the internet looking for all of the pictures we would need, the developers of the App would like your help in creating as many pictures for the Dictionary as possible.  These pictures would be made available to any other projects in our community that would like to use them in their projects.  

I am currently developing a website that shows all the entries in the dictionary along with any images that have been submitted.  Also the site will allow you to upload images for use in the dictionary.  I will post a link on here to the site once I finish building it.  For now, I would just like to get the word out and to see if there is any interest out there in helping out on this project.

Irayo,

~Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Le'eylan

Would love to draw some pics for you  ::)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Skxawng

I might be willing in return for a tester code :P

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Vrrtak

I'll jump on board with this. It'll give me something to work on when I have nothing better to do (which happens pretty often).
Pa'li lu kerusey. Ftivang terakuk po!

Seze

Quote from: Skxawng on May 20, 2010, 08:18:33 AM
I might be willing in return for a tester code :P

Tester Code?  I thought I added you to the Beta Testers List a long time ago...

Skxawng

Quote from: Seze on May 20, 2010, 08:29:54 AM

:/ If so i've been a terrible tester as I didn't know !

hook me up?

Seze

Quote from: Skxawng on May 20, 2010, 10:36:08 AM
Quote from: Seze on May 20, 2010, 08:29:54 AM

:/ If so i've been a terrible tester as I didn't know !

hook me up?

Link to the current build here. Follow the directions there to install, let me know if you have any problems.

Skxawng

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

I'd love to help out with this! What kinds of pictures do we need?

Seze

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo on May 20, 2010, 05:26:24 PM
I'd love to help out with this! What kinds of pictures do we need?

We basically need pictures to go with the different entries in the dictionary.  Ideally we would like to have 2 or 3 images per entry.  Currently every entry in the dictionary is free game.

Nyx

Should the style be at least a little consistent? And are you looking for drawings or can we go with photos and stuff too?

Seze

Quote from: Nyx on May 21, 2010, 04:22:24 PM
Should the style be at least a little consistent? And are you looking for drawings or can we go with photos and stuff too?

I give you complete artistic freedom to create whatever you want, photos are fine too.  I would like to get multiple images per entry if possible.  I would like to make these images available to other projects, and then let the actual project pick which images they would like to use.

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

So are the entries in this dictionary basically the same as the ones in Taronyu's, or is it something different? If it's different, I sure hope I don't need an iPhone. >.>

Seze

Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo on May 22, 2010, 04:06:34 PM
So are the entries in this dictionary basically the same as the ones in Taronyu's, or is it something different? If it's different, I sure hope I don't need an iPhone. >.>

Its the EXACT same as Taronyu's...

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

Quote from: Seze on May 22, 2010, 04:29:16 PM
Quote from: nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo on May 22, 2010, 04:06:34 PM

Its the EXACT same as Taronyu's...
Yay nang! :D I'll get on this as soon as I'm done with all the other stuff I'm working on.

Nyx

Quote from: Seze on May 21, 2010, 07:42:48 PM
Quote from: Nyx on May 21, 2010, 04:22:24 PM

I give you complete artistic freedom to create whatever you want, photos are fine too.  I would like to get multiple images per entry if possible.  I would like to make these images available to other projects, and then let the actual project pick which images they would like to use.
Oki, that makes it a bit easier to decide on what to do

CulBlu

Seze

Srane, this project is open to everyone to help out on.  I've gotten a little sidetracked on the website I was working on for people to submit the pictures to, something about a day job getting in the way.  Anyways, until I can get the website up and running, feel free to either post the pictures in this thread or you can email them to me at seze[at]snowyfox.com.

Irayo