Main Menu

Just my 2 cents

Started by Ricardo, February 16, 2012, 07:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo

This is something I did yesterday (yes, in my time zone it's yesterday  ;) ).
I know that I'm no great artist but this appeared in my head and I wanted to draw it.

Funny special:
Because I drew it on the backside of a printed paper you may see the text lines gleaming.

Maybe, if I get inspired, I'll try to clororize it.

Have fun.

Ricardo

I just added colors. What do you say?
It was the first time I did something like that and it was an interesting experience.

Would be nice to read some comments.  ;D

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Herwìna

I think it is really expressive! The only thing that bothers me is the Na'vi's hand that's laying on the table; the rather common mistake of drawing the thumbs to point "outwards", as if the character's palm was facing up, even though the pose in the drawing suggests that the palm would be facing down and thus the thumb should be pointing "inwards", so to speak.
Anyway I really do like it, and, what, you first time colouring an illustration digitally? Amazing work!
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Seze Mune

I'm not sure about an error with the hands.  It is too hard to tell which is the thumb and which is the little finger since they are not that distinct for me.  And the other hand appears to be oriented correctly.

The only beings I can find which are reputed to have backward hands are the raksha, although I'm having trouble finding a pic that shows it.

I did, however, find a pic which seems to be evocative of the Na'vi.  It is supposed to be of a yaksha, a rare halfbreed raksha.

Here is a raksha

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I like it in color Ricardo!
Silly and cute!

As for the raksha, the hand/paw is weird. and the head doesn't look like the neck would support it.
I am not familiar with these creatures and just dropped in on a conversation about feline/women, srak?

Seze Mune

Well, not exactly.  Ricardo was looking for some artistic feedback and I thought I would post some pics for contrast, especially of the hands.  If my pics are too intrusive, I would be happy to delete them.  Just thought the black and white sketch looked like it was proto-Na'vi, and I had never seen that before.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

*forehead/palm*
MY BAD!
i feel like such a skxawng!!  I didn't even see the black and white!
nonono not intrusive. good images for contrast.  What story do the images arise from?

I am familiar with some of of the creations of C.J. Chyrrh (spelling?) and remember illustrations of a cat woman by Michael Whelan. 

Anyway, some of my best sketches happened while listening to lectures.  Some of my professors would try to challenge me, thinking that I was not paying attention to them.  I used to interject questions WHILE I was drawing and finish by looking them straight in the eye. They eventually resigned themselves to the fact that I was also taking notes and they couldn't really stop me!

Ricardo

Thank you all.  :)

How i wrote, I'm not that good artist. This and the fact that I'm not drawing often are the reasons why the hands and the neck are looking like they do, not any creatures I never heard of.  ::)
Nevertheless I'm glad to see that you like it.
If I get inspiration I'll do more.

Seze Mune

I hope you do more, ma tsmukan! :D

Kamean

I did, however, find a pic which seems to be evocative of the Na'vi.  It is supposed to be of a yaksha, a rare halfbreed raksha.
Great finds. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Well, i didn't notice the error with the hand until Herwìna mentioned it  :-\.

And i like your drawing, ma Ricardo  :). It's got a doodle-y charm to it  :).

And i'm assuming you drew it by hand  ???.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ricardo

Hi.
Nice to see that there come new comments.
You're right, I drew it by hand. I don't have a drawing board or something like that and I don't see a reason for buying it.
I just don't need it. ;)
But I have a scanner and little photoshop skills which helped me both digitalizing the picture.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Did you color it by hand or on the computer  ????

Ricardo

I used my computer to give the picture colo(u)rs.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Ok. Irayo for the info, ma tsmukan  :)!