LAYON YAYO - ayrel apuseng nìNa'vi (a webcomic nìNa'vi)

Started by Eana Unil, July 24, 2012, 05:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I'd, too, prefer that you keep the colors in, even if that means slowing the drawing process down a bit. ``You can't rush good art´´, right  :)? And although i think it's nice that you let your fans vote about it, IMO it's ultimately up to you. You shouldn't change your art till you please any specific fans, the fans should come to you if they like what you do. But that's just my opinion  :-\.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

xelloss

Kaltxì ma Eana Unil

Pole'un oe nang, opin ngeyä leiu txantsan, ha tsun pivey ayrelti amip (Krr ke tsranten ! ) :D  ;)

opin ayngahu frakrr !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Eana Unil

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on August 04, 2013, 03:50:23 PM
I'd, too, prefer that you keep the colors in, even if that means slowing the drawing process down a bit. ``You can't rush good art´´, right  :)? And although i think it's nice that you let your fans vote about it, IMO it's ultimately up to you. You shouldn't change your art till you please any specific fans, the fans should come to you if they like what you do. But that's just my opinion  :-\.

Ngaru tìyawr, but I don't see anything wrong with asking my readers/audience what they would prefer, so that I know if I can bring my wishes and theirs in line and/or vice versa. :) A good compromise, if possible or even needed.

First I have to finish the next page, that's the current goal... :)

Blue Elf

Voted (still 50/50). No matter what I selected, I'll comfortable with both colorful/gray scale pictures (another option - create one part in color, second in gray ;D does it help? All people will be satisfied....). Even line art/gray pictures has its wonder, so any version is good for me.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

Hmm  :-\

I thought of making chapter pictures (those which mark the beginning of a new chapter and thus give a little break) colored and then letting the colors fade into grey over a few pages, so that at page 4 of a new chapter it's all black & grey again (like great Masamune Shirow did with Ghost in the Shell 2), but that's just another possible option. Let's wait some more days and let's see what the poll tells us then. :)

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Sounds like an interesting idea  :). Maybe you could try that out and if you're not satisfied with it, you could always finish the coloring afterwards.

Herwìna

Oooh the art is really gorgeous! I'm curious to see where you're taking the plot! (BTW I am always up for plot talk if you still need it hahaha) I wanted to throw in my ten cents regarding the art, and I think it might be worth a shot to simplify it a bit. I mean, just look at like, Homestuck. The art is ridiculously simplified, pieces are reused constantly, and yet, it has a humongous fan base. I don't expect you would go to that extreme in your art though XD
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Eana Unil

Hah, I'm curious, too xD Unfortunately I've been able to work on the plot only a bit lately - on new pages not at all, which makes me very sad. My new job is very time and energy consuming. So I'm actually thinking about your suggestion. Making the drawings/panels simpler would speed up the creation process of new pages (I've asked if people would be happy with black/white pages instead of full colored pages for the sake of publishing new pages more frequently), but it would lower the "quality"/looks of them. So I'm very undecided, for I want the comic to look as nice as possible, but this way, for me, creating new pages takes like forever and ever currently. I'm clueless, lol.  :-\ :( ???

Herwìna

Well, imo it's better to keep up a kind of regularity in doing something. It might be just a me-thing, but like, I play storytelling-based role playing games sometimes, and if the other players are busy with RL stuff and there are long breaks between my turns, I lose interest in playing.

Besides, I have noticed while reading webcomics, that even if the artist employs a simpler style of art at first, the art will become more eye candy as time passes. The artist develops, and becomes able to make more intricate pages in the time it before took them to make simpler pages.
It's kind of like writing a novel. Just get the stuff down, it doesn't need to be perfect. Then later, when you have a fresh view on your earlier work, you can go back and re-do the parts where you feel it's necessary.

And I mean, I don't think it's very nice of the audience to expect you to draw all eyegasmic art if it impedes with your progress on the comic as a whole?
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Tsmuktengan

The thing you can do is drawing the same way you did your first pics : do between une or three pages in B/W, and then improve them later to give them the same great style than the others, yet more progressively.

You've seen that there are two things people liked to see : new drawings (so new story development), and the improvement/colouring of what you've done previously.

That way would be more progressive without fearing any kind of quality loss, while sill being able to make things evolve more quickly and less time consuming all at once.

Eana Unil

Mengar tìyawr, ma meylan. I guess I just have to simplify it (a bit) in order to get new pages done at all, hah. I never wanted it to become like this, like the situation is now... Not enough spare time to finish new pages, because drawing them takes like forever. Have to think about it and try some new (simplified) styles. We'll see. Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Yeah, i agree with the previous people commenting here: Make a sort of rough draft first, show it to us, then we give you our thoughts about it. Of course, you're free to do whatever you wish. It's you comic, after all  ;).

Tsmuktengan

Yes, keep in mind that you would be able to improve the incomplete works a bit later. You're the one deciding on how it develops.  :)

Raiden

You should know that many successful webcomics do not have art as detailed or as complex as yours has had so far.

It's certainly not a bad thing to have lavishly detailed art, but it's obviously self-defeating if the time needed to make the artwork makes it impossible to make new entries.

I remember reading Bill Watterson's explanation of this. He had the same problem as you do; the watercolor and pen versions of Calvin and Hobbes were amazing, and wonderfully colored, but there are only a dozen of them or so, because it took so long for him to make them.

What if you did it so that you reduced the detail or something to make the comics faster, and then made a special comic every few months that was more detailed than the rest? That way, you could turn out a new strip regularly, and have a special one that was extra-nice once every few months.

Anyway, you are obviously quite talented; I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will look great.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Tsmuktengan

Eana Unil

Kaltxì ma oeyä smuk! Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it a lot - and I hope I'll be able to put it to good use when I'll get to finish the  next page and create the upcoming pages. I'm really grateful for all your support and patience, you can't possibly imagine how much it means to me.  :-*

Eana Unil

Finally... I managed to publish a new page! Ketsukspaw  :-X :o ;D

Please click on the image and read more about the current situation, upcoming changes and read the latest page!

Tìtstewan

Txantsana rel! Irayo seiyi ulte karma ngaru!
Poanur lu swizaw kxamlä sneyä tokx... :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Eana Unil

Plumps

Txantsan nìwotx. Nì'i'a tsaw var ... lekina tìpe'un, txo nga nivew vivar Ayrelti Apuseng ulte txintìnìri var 'ivìn. Ngari leiu oeru nrra.

Fantastic! Finally, it continues ... necessary decision, if you want to continue with the comic and are still busy with work. I'm proud of you.