LAYON YAYO - ayrel apuseng nìNa'vi (a webcomic nìNa'vi)

Started by Eana Unil, July 24, 2012, 05:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eisbärchen

Nice comic/ art works but i dont understand this language

Eana Unil

Danke :) Kein Problem, unter jeder Comicseite auf Na'vi gibt's links zu der deutschen und englischen Version jeder Seite. ;)

Thanks :) No problem, underneath each comic page in Na'vi is a link for the german and english version of each site. ;)

---

Little update FYI: Vacation is over, daily life is time consuming again, but due to a severe private problem which has occured last friday I won't have even less time for creating the newest page. Hope I'll be able to solve this problem asap, so I can use my mind and energy on more enjoyable stuff again... (FML, srsly, why are so many ppl so fked up)

Eana Unil

Toliman

Eana Unil

Irayo ma Kamailehope :)

The next page is already in the making :D I'm really trying to get stuff done, hrh.  :P

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Txantsan nìtxan nang! :D

Prrte' lu oer fwa ngal tìng ayoer mipa pamrel relä mì hrr ayftxozä lefpom.  :)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Eana Unil

Toliman

Blue Elf

Seems that a few new pages were drawn and and I took no notice.... what a shame!
Mipa ayhapxìri irayo seiyi!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 24, 2015, 08:22:32 AM
Seems that a few new pages were drawn and and I took no notice.... what a shame!
Mipa ayhapxìri irayo seiyi!

This!

Gorgeous work, as always!

Eana Unil

You can't always stay up to date with everything, especially when you're focused on other important matters :P
Irayo, ma pxeylan :D

---

Another new page for y'all ;D http://layonyayo.com/layonyayo/01-03/

Toliman

Vawmataw

Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 27, 2015, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: Kamailehope on December 27, 2015, 06:35:37 PM
Quote from: Eana Unil on December 27, 2015, 06:33:02 PM

Txantsan  :D
fì'u

Fì'u! :D

Irayo seiyi oe ngaru furia kxamtxomawä stxeli. :P

Eana Unil

Irayo ma pxeylan ;D <3

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on December 27, 2015, 07:04:29 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on December 27, 2015, 06:36:42 PM
Quote from: Kamailehope on December 27, 2015, 06:35:37 PM

Txantsan  :D
fì'u

Fì'u! :D

Irayo seiyi oe ngaru furia kxamtxomawä stxeli. :P

Hm, something like "tisk!", a short but strongly emotional sound of frustration. Like a short growling or something ^^ I thought "tx" could be perfect, since Neytiri used some similar sound in the movie ^^

It's btw extremely flattering to me that you've never read comics and started doing so by reading mine first :D :D

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Quote from: Eana Unil on December 27, 2015, 07:48:21 PM
Hm, something like "tisk!", a short but strongly emotional sound of frustration. Like a short growling or something ^^ I thought "tx" could be perfect, since Neytiri used some similar sound in the movie ^^

It's btw extremely flattering to me that you've never read comics and started doing so by reading mine first :D :D

Tam, Irayo. Makes more sence now. :)

Ulte Srane, this is my first 'real' comics. (If the small ones which are all over FB, are not counted.)

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

You can't always stay up to date with everything, especially when you're focused on other important matters :P
Irayo, ma pxeylan :D

---

Good job! I went over whole comics and parts 1.xx have different graphics compared to 0.xx - I'd say simpler, less detailed and more comics like (in positive sense, of course). So can we expect faster new releases? It would not be bad ;)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

I wish I could always publish new pages as fast as the last 2 ones... even though I scaled down the amount of detail already (black lines instead of colored ones, premade backgrounds I can paste into the panels instead of drawing new backgrounds for every panel etc. - but that also was and still is the progress of finding a style I'd like for my comic), the details are still time consuming as hell.

Let me explain:
I draw a first rough sketch of the overall page to figure out panel position, characters and their depiction, position and the dialogues.
On top of that I make a more detailed sketch, refining hands, faces, clothes, hair. Making changes to overall look if necessary and repeat refining.
Then I draw the outlines of everything and type out the text in a proper font, deciding on positioning and typography.
On another layer underneath the lines I fill in all basic color areas for each panel separately.
On top of that I paint in all the stripes of their skin, one by one to get the perspective and their body dimension/physicality right.
Then come the tanhì, same procedure as with the stripes.
When everything looks good so far, I add the backgrounds for each panel, adjusting size, perspective, dimension, lighting.
On top of the flat colors, stripes and tanhì comes the first layer of shadow, deciding on final light sources, giving shadows to every detail to make look everything as 3d as possible for me (with saving some time, adding details and more depth could become a never ending process otherwise).
Then another layer with more shadow, giving more depth to the shadow areas.
Then another layer with final shadows, more shadow detail on faces and stuff.
Then light reflections from the primary light source.
Then background light reflections on the oppsite side of bodies and things.
And after all that I add highlights on the eyes, add the speech bubbles one by one, fading them out and fix again minor stuff that doesn't fit in quite right yet.
When I'm happy with the result comes translating to english and german, exporting and I'm done.

That process for each page takes me about 12 hours of work, maybe less, maybe more, I guess, without taking breaks or anything (while it takes you only 30 sec or so to read the newest page). And I only can spend so much time, motivation, energy and focus on that in such a short time span like between the last 2 pages when I'm on vacation.
During work time/normal weeks, I can only work for an hour or so per evening after work, since I already spent most of my energy, focus and physical energy at work for my customers (yes, tattooing for 3-7 hours straight a day can be extremely exhausting). And there is also daily stuff like house keeping, friends, family and other hobbies that I need in order not to break down mentally that demand some of my time and energy. That's why creating pages takes me so long when I'm not on vacation.

I wanted to create Layon Yayo as a pure fun project which I wanted to do and publish for my own fun and distraction, at my own pace. But I also know that there are luckily faithful readers waiting for the story to continue, and I feel extremely blessed and happy because of that, so thank you for waiting so patiently for every new page <3 But I also want you to know that I will not let LY become something stressfull, rushed or even something hated for/by me. Because should I ever start to hate creating new pages because I feel rushed or compelled to create new content, I won't put as much love into every detail or even stop LY completely. And I don't ever want that to happen, and I hope neither do you. So I'll go on at my own pace, because art is a very demanding, but also extremely rewarding thing, not only for the artist. Art just takes its time and I hope that my readers will continue to be able to stick that out nonetheless. ;)

Pls just keep in mind that I make LY as a hobby - I'm not a full-time comic artist, I'm a full-time tattoo artist :)

Tìsung: I created a poll a while back, asking if I should scale down amount of detail/color in order to publish pages more frequently, the majority wanted full colored pages, and those take more time to create. If I was to publish a new page a week or so, the pages would have to be black lines, very extremely low detail and very basic shadows and effects, everything black and grey, similar to simple Manga.
And: No offense at all, I just want to explain. ^^

Tìtstewan

I know that feel... The more details the more time it needs. (I own some sketches/drawings I haven't finished because, I lost the patience or endurance... O_o) And not to mention the work of maintaining a website, that can be annoying, difficult or weird.

Ma Eana Unil, I am pretty sure your fans have a lot of patience and will understand it. I can only say, take your time and release new comics when you think it's the right time for. :D I'll be happy to see/read new comics anyway anytime when new comics have been published! :D :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-