Main Menu

Mah Planet (4000x2250px)

Started by sefuheron, December 31, 2009, 12:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefuheron

I got really bored today. So, I decided it was about time to test my photoshop skills. I saw a similar image online, and modeled this after that idea. This is 100% done with photoshop, all the elements were textured by hand.

Please help me name my planet... and the moon the photo was taken from :)

Irayo!
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Skxawng

Lunarcell or did you use the other planet technique with sphereify?

Looks pretty good, though I have a couple suggestions, as always :)

The clouds need to be a little bit more 3-dimensional - right now they're very flat, as in perpendicular with the lens of the 'camera' -- they need to be transformed to indicate perspective distance a little more.

The stars are also a little homogenous ... they need to have a little more depth, some push/pull between size, density and brightness.

It would also be nice to see some of the moon's reflected light on the leaves and branches of the tree - this would also help to add some depth, and would give a little bit more life to the silhouette of the photo-treeline.

Overall though very nice. I like the color restrictions used. Just enough color to not be local, but not too much to be distracting.  Keep it up :D

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Étienne

Fya'o Tskoyä

Quote from: sefuheron on December 31, 2009, 12:20:12 AM
I got really bored today. So, I decided it was about time to test my photoshop skills. I saw a similar image online, and modeled this after that idea. This is 100% done with photoshop, all the elements were textured by hand.

Please help me name my planet... and the moon the photo was taken from :)

Irayo!

looks amazing, im not in anyway good at photoshop so i cant give you any criticism.
I would call it Vana'Diel or Tirol Txon Lu

shiaru

maybe you could post a tutorial on how to do them.
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

sefuheron

Sorry it took so long, I have been away for the past two days.  Thanks for all the thoughts :) Now to either pull one out of a hat, or post a poll... hehe.

Ma shiaru, oe s<ay>i.
Shiaru, I <will> do.
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Wow, love your work. Really wants to do that too! But I'm not that good in photoshop.

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been