Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 27, 2010, 11:31:17 PM
Quote from: MaTe on February 27, 2010, 05:22:57 AM

Can I switch places with the dude in the picture? :D

The "dude" would be Sam Worthington! :D

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Yes, I know :) , I didn't it on purpose , hopefully to cause a laugh :P

Kalin Tirea

Here is my contribution to the motivational section. Please move if it should be somewhere else.
I made it myself, since I cannot stand Quarich (for some reason, I keep calling him Quidditch...)
I have nothing against transgendered people or persons of another sexual orientation than hetero, but I just
thought the Colonel needed to show the world what he really is... a b****. A faabolous b**** at that.

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: Kalin Tirea on February 28, 2010, 04:57:17 PM
Here is my contribution to the motivational section. Please move if it should be somewhere else.
I made it myself, since I cannot stand Quarich (for some reason, I keep calling him Quidditch...)
I have nothing against transgendered people or persons of another sexual orientation than hetero, but I just
thought the Colonel needed to show the world what he really is... a b****. A faabolous b**** at that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. now one needs 2 b made for the little greedy guy who i couldnt STAND through out the whole movie

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 28, 2010, 01:55:09 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 01:36:16 PM
Quote from: TorukMakto! on February 27, 2010, 11:31:17 PM
Quote from: MaTe on February 27, 2010, 05:22:57 AM
Can I switch places with the dude in the picture? :D
The "dude" would be Sam Worthington! :D
Yes, I know :) , I didn't it on purpose , hopefully to cause a laugh :P
Ahh! I should have known! (And I did lol ;D)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Rolyu

Quote from: muiäa tuteyä 'itan on February 28, 2010, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: Kalin Tirea on February 28, 2010, 04:57:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. now one needs 2 b made for the little greedy guy who i couldnt STAND through out the whole movie

Oddly enough, he was one of my favorite characters... his acting mostly.  Cause to me, most of the acting in the movie seemed a little... well my highschool theater teacher would be throwing markers at those guys.  But the "little greedy guy" did better that a lot of them. 

But Moat still wins by a long shot.  Who played her anyway?  Whoever it was deserves a giant cookie.

'Itan Atxur

Really? What was wrong with the acting? (I realize this is all just opinions)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Rolyu on February 28, 2010, 10:29:08 PM
But Moat still wins by a long shot.  Who played her anyway?  Whoever it was deserves a giant cookie.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001634/

I've never seen her in anything before, but IMDB says that she's done a lot in her career. Perhaps playing Mo'at will open up her choices a bit?

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 10:32:08 PM
Really? What was wrong with the acting? (I realize this is all just opinions)
;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Absolutely nothing. I can't think of a single character that wasn't interpreted well. I mean, if you're going to nit-pick at things like Sam's accent slipping a couple times, you can obviously find some shortcomings, but I think that every actor in the movie did an excellent job portraying their character, whether they be major, minor, or blue.  ;)

Kayrìlien

'Itan Atxur

See that's exactly what I think. It seemed to me that Rolyu disagreed (which she's more than entitled to do. I'm not trying to play the "my opinion is fact" game)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Kayrìlien

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 10:38:21 PM
See that's exactly what I think. It seemed to me that Rolyu disagreed (which she's more than entitled to do. I'm not trying to play the "my opinion is fact" game)

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

This exactly. Different people have different opinions of the film. Obviously, with the exception of short-lived trolls, everyone on this forum at least likes it enough to learn the language. (read: A whole lot) But saying that every single aspect of the film is the absolute greatest thing in the world, and calling out people who disagree, is, well...stupid. Personally I think that the final scene of the movie, where Jake is being "transferred" into his Avatar body, is a bit hokey. (Yes, I said hokey.) The cliché happy music, the Na'vi all bobbing and dancing in rhythm, even the camera swirling around and eventually coming to Jake's Avatar face, zooming in on the closed eyes, and them opening right before the screen goes black...the whole thing is rather hackneyed. I mean, you know it's going to happen, and there's basically no other way for Cameron to have done it, but...I dunno, I expected the movie to end on something a little less predictable.

There are probably people out there sitting at their computers ready to yell "BLASPHEMY!!!! TERKUP SKXAWNG!!!!" or something like that at me, but, it's all an opinion. Some people see it as the movie coming full circle. I see it as the only weak scene of an otherwise overwhelmingly fantastic film.

Kayrìlien

'Itan Atxur

BLASPHEMY!!!! TERKUP SKXAWNG!! (lol. jk). Yeah, I personally do love that scene, but to each there own!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 11:04:07 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!! TERKUP SKXAWNG!! (lol. jk). Yeah, I personally do love that scene, but to each there own!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Same! I kinda like the music, actually ^_^;; and for me, Music is really important.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Ikranä mokri

music is probably the biggest things to films now (second to the acting and script) because it is so subtle.

i havent really made myself clear so ill give an example.  70% of all human contact (as in when your talking) is through the use of body language, facial expressions and pitch only 4% is actually through speech, the other 24% i really cant remember but ull find it if you look it up. Its the same with music, it acts on your sub-concious envoking different feelings with different sounds and patterns.

immensly clever, but its the same with advertising when they have that really annoying jingle which gets stuck in your head forever.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Tsa'räni

If you ever get the chance to watch a film without any sort of music track, I encourage you to do it, just once.  That's all you'll need and I think everyone should experience it once just to see how important that music is.  It's very strange and makes for an altogether unpleasant viewing experience without it. 

Rolyu

@Itan Axtur: Ah, for me it was early part of the movie,  before Jake meets Neytiri.  It was the supporting characters, such as that "Get sum!" guy.  When he's working on the chopper.  The chopper pilot (I forgot her name right now) says "Get it done!" -unnatural pause- "we bounce at 0900!" --unnatural pause-- then the guy says "Yeah I'm workin' on it" is a falsly intoned voice.  Even when Jake comes of the ship at first, and he almost gets stepped on, the guy walks of a few steps, turns around, and then says "Watch it!"

It just seemed really, stiff, and fake, and amateur.  But it warms up later in the movie.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Rolyu on March 01, 2010, 10:57:17 AM
@Itan Axtur: Ah, for me it was early part of the movie,  before Jake meets Neytiri.  It was the supporting characters, such as that "Get sum!" guy.  When he's working on the chopper.  The chopper pilot (I forgot her name right now) says "Get it done!" -unnatural pause- "we bounce at 0900!" --unnatural pause-- then the guy says "Yeah I'm workin' on it" is a falsly intoned voice.  Even when Jake comes of the ship at first, and he almost gets stepped on, the guy walks of a few steps, turns around, and then says "Watch it!"

It just seemed really, stiff, and fake, and amateur.  But it warms up later in the movie.

Hmm. Well we can certainly agree to disagree. But I feel that conversation in real life to be "stiff" most of the time anyways.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Fnua Atxkxe

Is not an unatural pause, Trudy (that's her name, grrr) >:( is climbing up the side of a helicopter at the time, second pause is not that long anyway. Tone of supporting character ("I'm on it") is strained because he's lifting up a giant gun.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Uriuujìn on March 01, 2010, 12:02:14 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 28, 2010, 11:04:07 PM

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Same! I kinda like the music, actually ^_^;; and for me, Music is really important.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

I would like the music more, if it wasn't for the fact that a little bit of the battle scene music, right about when the s*** is about to hit the fan with the Na'vi being pushed back right before Eywa attacks, is EXACTLY the same base melody as the melody the movie Enemy at the Gates uses. If any of you are familiar with that movie, go to the part Vasili is waiting for the Major near the chemical factory and listen to it, then listen to the background music right when the pa'li riders are beginning to retreat, right near when Neytiri sees the burning horse running by. They are very similar in tune, if not exactly the same.

Coincidently, James Horner, the man in charge of music for Avatar also did the music for Enemy at the Gates.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."