My latest upcoming project

Started by Amaya, April 18, 2010, 04:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaya

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, but I figure fanart is the closest sort of thing it comes to...

The Pretty!

Anybody guess what this is going to be? 8)

Nyx

Palulukan! Cool! You should make it life sized :P

Amaya

XD That would be a LOT of fabric and stuffing....  I mean, I'd totally do it but it'd cost hundreds to make ::)

Amaya

XxUkarixX

Ohhhh!! I'd love to see that when it's done! Awesome!! :)

Amaya

I still have to hunt down some appropriate fabric.  I mean, I have black fabric, but it's mostly of the type I use for making Bleach costumes and isn't really the best for this type of work, but we'll see...

Lorey

have you been able to work on it anymore? it looks like it'll be adorable when you finish it.

Tompa'Ivong

well, give you an idea, why not some type of animal skin, try black elkskin, you can easily find on ebay, or go with white elkskin and dye it to the color you want

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Amaya

I've been working on it, although the fabric I'm using isn't the best for such a small project, so this first version won't be perfect.  Hopefully I'll manage to get some better fabric that doesn't fray to do a "good" version.  Gotta love microsuede, but the stuff's sickly not cheap *sigh*

Eelskin sounds a very interesting material to work in, I can see how it would definitely suit, but I think I'd have to be making a more detailed realistic doll if I was going to put the effort into using it. This one's designed to be a bit like a Na'vi "teddybear" so I want to use something a little more cuddly ;)

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=