Neytiri Fanart 2

Started by Nawma_taronyu, May 07, 2010, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nawma_taronyu

2 new Neytiri fanarts
Eywa'eveng ngeyä mì sìrey livu frakrr.
May Pandora always be in your life.

Arkiou

If I just have one word to describe this, the word would be: beautiful.
I really like this two pics...it looks amazing!
I don't want to know how long you need to paint this =)

Muzer

Great pictures!

A little constructive criticism - her necklace (the one with green stones closest to her head) doesn't look quite right - it looks a bit like it's floating in front of her neck rather than being around it. I'm not an artist so I don't know why this is or how you'd go about fixing it I'm afraid. Other than that, brilliant work!
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Tìrey Tsmukan

Very very beautiful. the first one is flawless. I have nothing to say about it except to congratulate you on a beautiful piece of artwork. Please don't take this the wrong way, but the second one has a few things that are a little strange but not critical, but if you could fix would make it substantially better. I've been painting for six years, so I know some things are hard to fix sometimes, but here's what I have to say. The second one, I feel the necklace (the secondary one, that's not the green stones) is a little insubstantial, it feels like they're in her skin rather than on it. see if you can find a way to arc a tiny line across a few of them, to give the point to the viewer that they are round and not flat. Neytiri's face here looks a little funny, and I think what it is: the left cheek, (her left cheek, right side of the page) is a little too arced, if you can, flatten it out a little, but not too much. but that may still look funny, in which case I see why you did it that way.

I love the vague and yet very real backgrounds. it gives Neytiri a realness, like she's about to come out and say "Oel ngati kameie" to you. I find myself hypnotized. I am very impressed. you have inspired me to go and do a painting. perhaps you will see it at some point. these are very well done, you seamlessly breathed the black into the blue, and the blue into shadows and lights. I cannot do it as well as you. so I doff my hat to you.

Also, was this done as a painting? or was it changed using photoshop? I don't mean to be condescending. I simply wish to know, as I cannot find any brush stroke marks. either way, Very well done. I give you a cookie.

Eywa ngahu! may your works continue to be successful.

Nawma_taronyu

I did these in photoshop, there not photo manipulation, as in saying that i just tweek'd the original, no I painted them from nothing using a tablet so my skills as a painter and drawer can be used to full potential, and i see nothing wrong with the first one the necklace seems to be floating in front but thats because the cord is hard to see disappearing into the darkness of her hair, and as for the second one I actually did not notice that the non-green necklace was monotone to the skin and appeared to be apart of it thanks for pointing that out.

Tìrey Tsmukan

Irayo. Very good, I am glad you did not use photo manipulation. These paintings give the true artist's vision rather than a picture that's been changed. which can feel very fake. You're skills are very good, so again, I doff my hat to you.

what you said about the painter and drawer being used to a full extent. I am glad that you pointed that out. As it is very true.

Eywa ngahu!

Skxawng

incorrect; the necklace appears to be floating because there are no shadows backing up its existence on her neck.

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Niwantaw

OT: skxawng erm
QuoteKarma: -9929
?

Only mostly AWOL.

Ftiafpi

Skxawng

its because I gave the finger to America

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

woah! holy crap when was this and why did I miss it XD!
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Skxawng

If you saw the good morning america bit, when I say 'oel ngati kameie' lookit my hands :p

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Skxawng

whee

Back on topic though: the second image looks odd for the same reasons as the first one, as far as the necklaces go.  Additionally, in the second one her neck is extremely thin, and her head seems to end past her jawline, which gives it a disjointed feel.

I think its clear that you've got a handle on shading and gridients with the computer; now its time to focus on sharpening and using tools other than the fuzzy round brush.  Currently you're being restricted by the brush you're using, and i would highly recommend trying others/making other brushes. Find out which brushes accomplish things better than others, play around!

Ikranä mokri

LOL is all I have to say to that skxawng

and Nawm_taronyu great pictures

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nawma_taronyu

Did some changes that people noticed hopefully it looks better to yea :P there were some problems i did not see and thank you for pointing them out, the necklaces in particular, and yes her neck did look rather thin it was meant to fade into the black of her hair not cut into it.

Also, (not important to this topic) if you would like to read/download my second story you can here --> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZd57T6Kq54pZGdkY2JiZjVfMzJ0ZHMzcmN3&hl=en