Main Menu

Some of my AVATAR art

Started by Topec, November 24, 2010, 01:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topec

I love to doodle Na'vi, especially Neytiri, in my spare time in class  :) I have been working on a digital painting of Neytiri as well, but I have kind of put it on hiatus ^^; Most of my doodles are on lined paper, unfortunately OTL

My deviantArt is duastre.deviantart.com

Here is the WIP of the Neytiri painting, done in Photoshop CS5:
I really need to go back and change some things, I hate how her eyelashes look and her left eye  :-[

A doodle I did of Neytiri talking to Jake...I really have no idea what she's talking about and I totally made up the skull she's holding haha ^^;

Some chibi's of Jake and Neytiri:

And this is a Native American-esque girl that is inspired by Neytiri, though its unfinished:

NO references were used for any except the first. I only use references for feathers/beads/etc

I'll upload more as I find/draw them :) Anyone is free to color the second and third ones as long as you credit me (Topec and/or duastre @ deviantart), just PM me if you want to and I'll send you the high resolution files.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ekirä

Those are beautiful!!! I LOVE the first one. <3 Gorgeous.

Carborundum

These are excellent! I'd love to see more of your work. +karma
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Mako

This stuff is fantastic! I'd love to see more of it.

Meynari Ke'nawm

Tewti! Humorous (some of them) and accurate (all of them). The more cartoony ones kind of look like Jake and Neytiri's 7-year old children. The Native-American girl was beautiful and looked a lot like Neytiri. Maybe that us what she would look like in human form? How old are you if you're that good AND still in school? Please keep drawing!!! (and posting!!!)
GENERATION 19: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
PADD: Watch out...
Officially the youngest member... so far...

Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu

Amazing work, you sure are talented. I have been wanting to get into working with photoshop, what version of it did you use in the first example? If you don't mind me asking. :D

"First it was just orders, then everything changed.." ~Jake Sully
Neytiri & Jake

Tanhì-ean

Amazing sketching! I wish I could sketch people like that. Keep up the great work!
Formerly known as Eywal ngaru teing oeti.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Wow, thats awesome!
They are all very good!
I wish I could draw :(
Nice work!

NotW#82

guest6785

Eana Tanhì

wow... this are beautiful... one karma for you  :)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

nìTsìng Lekinama Yayo

...*is speechless in absolute awe*  :o

Topec

Irayo, frapo (correct me if that is wrong please!)

I'm working on painting a few of these and finishing the Neytiri painting so expect some updates maybe soon? Finals are next week so its gonna be hectic...

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Topec on November 26, 2010, 03:05:09 PM
Irayo, frapo-ya (correct me if that is wrong please!)

Fayu lu txantsan.  HRHed a bit at the first ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Skxawng

Good stuff

Looked through your deviantart page - you've got a really lovely looseness about your linework in pencil and a good natural grasp on the female form/face. I'd be really curious to see you work a little bit more into your pencil drawings digitally.  One of my colleagues does this to great effect, occasionally balancing the pencilwork with the color in a nice manner. 

Also, don't feel that you should not use reference. I know a lot of people who have stated often that they don't use reference, as they've heard that the pros never have to use it.  I also know a few of the pros who say they never use reference, when in fact they use it all the time.  Only the guys who have been doing one thing for years and years get an instinctual knowledge of their subject matter after drawing it day in and day out. One can never have enough reference.

I'd like to see more, keep it up :)

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Can you draw me a Na'vi tail sticking out of the snow? =D (coloured offcourse) I want an artist to paint it on my window, I'll be really gratefull if you would, something like your first drawing. ^^

Irayo