Main Menu

Tools to get the job done

Started by MaTe, February 02, 2010, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTe

Hi,

What tools would you recommend that will allow me to create a 3d model, add animation(morphing) controls to it and export it in custom format to be used by render.

At my previous job it was done with Maya, but I don't have a license now and not interested in buying or using "free" version.
Is there anything cheaper?
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Technowraith

Quote from: MaTe on February 02, 2010, 02:35:38 PM
Hi,

What tools would you recommend that will allow me to create a 3d model, add animation(morphing) controls to it and export it in custom format to be used by render.

At my previous job it was done with Maya, but I don't have a license now and not interested in buying or using "free" version.

Have you tried the Maya Personal Learning edition? It includes a fully functioning Maya, but it's a special edition for learning. I got mine with a book on how to create animations and stuff.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eykyuan

Professional stuff is Maya and Motion Builder, Cinema 4d is a bit cheaper but with less functionality. I use Maya 2010, Motionbuilder 2010 and sometimes 3ds Max. In my humble opinion there is nothing comparable to it. ;D ;D
There are some cheap student editions available like the Autodesk Designers Pack.

Tsteu Tsmukan

Quote from: MaTe on February 02, 2010, 02:35:38 PM
Hi,

Ah, I see you want to create and animate your very own Avatar. That's what I'm also going to try to do, provided I'd be able to finish Orthographic drawings. I still plan on using Maya to get the job done but Blender seems to be a free 3d Software tool and what I hear it's pretty good although you'll need to get really used to the interface of Blender.

Here is their official website where you can download the software :

http://www.blender.org/

Eykyuan

Aaaah ,I forgot about mention Blender!  :o
I never worked with Blender myself, but some friends of mine do and it ought to be very good!

Fmawnä Plltxeyu

I've used Blender for the past five years. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.