will make Avatars in photoshop

Started by We are Omaticaya, January 12, 2010, 04:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We are Omaticaya

Hi every one I am willing to make pictures of you into na'vi.

--upload your pictures to this topic---

--your pictures must be high-quality and not grainy for it to look good--

---also try have a dynamic shot where light and shadow are incorporated, this usually leads to a nice photo to work with---

--I will re-upload your picture back to this topic when I am done with it .--

--it will take approximately 1 day for a picture to be edited---

Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Unila kelkuyu si

Can u make me one?  I tryed a few times but im no good with photoshop...

(i attached the photo because it appeared so big in the post...)

Photo Deleted. Please do not upload huge images to the server. Find an alternative hosting service for photos over 200k

Ftiafpi

Hooray, someone other than me doing these for people (so much backlog). I can't wait to see how they look.

Perhaps this should be moved to fan art though.

We are Omaticaya

Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Numeie

That is a very kind offer. I've put a source photo on Flickr; if you get round to it, that would be great. I took my glasses off, but I wasn't willing to go to the extreme of shaving; if the facial hair makes it a non-starter then never mind.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/taylor_pj/4270425850/#sizes/l/
Hispanohablantes, si queréis contribuir al wiki de Avatar en español os lo agradecería. http://es.james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/

We are Omaticaya

Unila kelkuyu si hey here is your avatar could do to much with the rest of your body because of low quality so i just did you face. Here you go. ;D

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

We are Omaticaya

Numeie i will get started on yours right away.

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Unila kelkuyu si

Thanks!  ;D  Can u do much with full bodies anyway???  It seems like all of the na'vi except for their faces are very similar disregarding gender.

Unila kelkuyu si

How do you do high res posting outside of the forum anyways...  When i uploaded it to imageshack and put the link in the post, it automaticly made it a picture instead of URL and appeared rediculusly huge?

We are Omaticaya

hhmmm Im not to sure try saving the image then uploading it to where you want.

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Ftiafpi

Quote from: We are Omaticaya on January 12, 2010, 08:31:54 PM
hhmmm Im not to sure try saving the image then uploading it to where you want.

Try box.net, great hosting site or deviantART.

QuoteUnila kelkuyu si hey here is your avatar could do to much with the rest of your body because of low quality so i just did you face. Here you go. Grin

Hey are you the guy who did the time lapse avatar photomanip that seems to be running around the interwebs? You're style is uncannily similar.

We are Omaticaya

No I just picked up on it really easily i love photoshop lol/art. Im probably going to make a multi part tutorial on how to do this in Photoshop because every video that calls it self a tutorial lacks detail and information on how to manip photos.  ;)

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Skxawng

Quote from: Unila kelkuyu si on January 12, 2010, 08:14:19 PM
How do you do high res posting outside of the forum anyways...  When i uploaded it to imageshack and put the link in the post, it automaticly made it a picture instead of URL and appeared rediculusly huge?
This link will help you with hosting.

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Tirolite

Oh, that looks lovely! May I have one too? :)

Tell me if the pic isn't good to work with and I'll try and find another.

http://jubjubmimicupcakesox.deviantart.com/art/Deviant-ID-March-2009-Edit-115571382

I have an addiction to sigs...

Lora Taw

kaltxi friend! i too have been wondering what my avatar would look like and i believe that you can help me with that. i hope this picture is sufficient for your needs. just send me a message if its not or something

http://nyxnocturne.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Bus-Times-150249076

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Can I just see the tutorial ? :/

I don't like uploading photos to forums and such. no offence.
But I would really love to Na'vilize myself and I hope your tutorial can help me do it.
will really appreciate it if you do.. tell me when the tutorial is up :D
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

We are Omaticaya

Tirolite well this is my first full body picture I have manipulated im more used to doing just a face but here you go tell me what you think. And if there is anything you want me to fix just message me and I will do so.  ;D

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Ftiafpi

Very nice colors. Looks great.

Minor nitpicking since it took me about 4 try's before I got it, the stripes look obviously brushed on, I personally do stripes by creating a new layer and painting thick stripes on with a brush set to a variable width. I then erase some of the less natural edges and trim the stripes down a bit. Makes it a look a lot more natural.

Still, minor detail, looks great.

Tirolite

I have an addiction to sigs...