Fandom > Fan Music

Alternative music for Avatar 1

(1/2) > >>

Vawmataw:
Earlier I was visiting the empty forums of Avatar-Blogs when I found this thread by a Brazilian artist. He said he has composed an alternative music for the first movie. Here's the thread on Avatar-Unforums: A new music for Avatar | Avatar Blogs and Unforums

I started the thread on Tree of Souls but for the people who don't visit often I open this discussion thread here.
My opinion: Some things have to be worked on about fitting the context and the message of the movie.

Tìtstewan:
It looks pretty cool! I like how he has created the sound fitting the scenes. :) According his small website, he want to reach the material to Mr. Cameron and Mr. Landau.

Toruk Makto:
With all due respect to this person's efforts, it's too heavy on bright brass and trilly strings. It almost sounds like a space opera score. Avatar is grounded in indigenous aboriginal concepts and Horner's instrumentals reinforced that.  Besides, anyone with the competence and tenure to have a chance on the sequels would have an agency behind them, instead of posting youtube samples.

My two cents.

-M.

Komäri:
I love this soundtrack, it seems like it was meant to be there.

--- Quote from: Toruk Makto on September 10, 2016, 09:54:56 pm ---With all due respect to this person's efforts, it's too heavy on bright brass and trilly strings. It almost sounds like a space opera score. Avatar is grounded in indigenous aboriginal concepts and Horner's instrumentals reinforced that.

--- End quote ---
I do agree with what you are saying, but it is interesting to see other people's interpretation of the imagery.

--- Quote from: Toruk Makto on September 10, 2016, 09:54:56 pm --- Besides, anyone with the competence and tenure to have a chance on the sequels would have an agency behind them, instead of posting youtube samples.

--- End quote ---

They may not be able to get in such close contact so uploading videos may be the closest thing they can get currently

Toliman:
Looks quite good but soundtrack created by james Horner is unsurpassed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version