Alternative music for Avatar 1

Started by Vawmataw, September 10, 2016, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

Earlier I was visiting the empty forums of Avatar-Blogs when I found this thread by a Brazilian artist. He said he has composed an alternative music for the first movie. Here's the thread on Avatar-Unforums: A new music for Avatar | Avatar Blogs and Unforums

I started the thread on Tree of Souls but for the people who don't visit often I open this discussion thread here.
My opinion: Some things have to be worked on about fitting the context and the message of the movie.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tìtstewan

It looks pretty cool! I like how he has created the sound fitting the scenes. :) According his small website, he want to reach the material to Mr. Cameron and Mr. Landau.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toruk Makto

With all due respect to this person's efforts, it's too heavy on bright brass and trilly strings. It almost sounds like a space opera score. Avatar is grounded in indigenous aboriginal concepts and Horner's instrumentals reinforced that.  Besides, anyone with the competence and tenure to have a chance on the sequels would have an agency behind them, instead of posting youtube samples.

My two cents.

-M.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Komäri

I love this soundtrack, it seems like it was meant to be there.

Quote from: Toruk Makto on September 10, 2016, 09:54:56 PM
With all due respect to this person's efforts, it's too heavy on bright brass and trilly strings. It almost sounds like a space opera score. Avatar is grounded in indigenous aboriginal concepts and Horner's instrumentals reinforced that.
I do agree with what you are saying, but it is interesting to see other people's interpretation of the imagery.

Quote from: Toruk Makto on September 10, 2016, 09:54:56 PM
Besides, anyone with the competence and tenure to have a chance on the sequels would have an agency behind them, instead of posting youtube samples.
They may not be able to get in such close contact so uploading videos may be the closest thing they can get currently

Toliman

Looks quite good but soundtrack created by james Horner is unsurpassed

Lynxcat

It sounds beautiful! Though, it reminds me star trek.- but thats just a sample of what the person has to offer. They're very talented!! :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Ricardo

If Avatar was a movie in the 30s-60s the opera-like sound would fit perfectly.
I think I would really enjoy watching the whole movie with that kind of music.
But unfortunately for the composer I prefer the original.
The reasons have already be mentioned in this topic.