Main Menu

BANDS WANTED

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 21, 2010, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Numeyu on March 28, 2010, 10:34:38 PM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 26, 2010, 11:06:35 PM
I have a few na'vi-ized karaoke songs lyriced out if anyone wants to demo their voice for the band. PM me.

When you say Na'vi-ized, do you mean translated into Na'vi or still in English but with Na'vi-related lines instead?

I meant to say Na'vi-esque (and I apologize). Songs "in" Na'vi are cool, but the fans don't understand them. It is hard to get masses of people singing along, or buying the CD. But, songs reworded with a few Na'vi words in them, and from the PoV of the Na'vi, or the RDA, can get people singing along, and wanting to learn more words. once you know a few words of a new language, learning a few more is exciting, and doesn't seem like too much of a challenge.

In my activity book, the 'Upe, 'upe, 'upe lu ral song (to the tune of row, row, row your boat) is "Na'vized." But my remake of Queen's "We Will Rock You" into "Toruk Makto" is Na'vi-esque. The words are in ìnglìsi, (well most of them), but the story is about a boy who grows up to be TM and then OE. It is a fight song.

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, we still need bands, or band members, If you play an instrument, or sing, you should lemmeno, or post here. (BTW, Sheryl Crow's, "Now that You're Gone," can be changed from "written for lance Armstrong(?)" to "dedicated to the colonel and sung by a female torch singer in full Na'vi make-up/costume to great effect. Very few words (if any at all) need to be changed. She just needs to mention the colonel before singing it to make the crowd go wild.

:)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Numeyu link=topquote author=Eaite 'Randjam link=topic=5170.msg152216#msg152216 date=1269137895]
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have "studio musicians" if we can't get a band together in one place.  Someone composes a song and creates a chord sheet, the other musicians look at it and work on getting a certain sound, (ie "this song should have a funk sound")  and then everyone performs and records parts to a click track.  I'd be willing to do some arranging and mixing of the parts to create the finished product.

This works for me!  I recently got myself a condenser microphone with a pop filter, so I'm good to go. :D
[/quote]That's awesome.  I have a regular dynamic mic (shure C606) and I sing in a high bass range, so I could sing back-up or harmony.  So, we've got a Bass player, Vocals, a possible guitarist and Drummer... Where's our Accordion player?  ;)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

By the way---the podcast IS done, and live. Now we need bands to showcase. If you want people to hear your music, let's get on this.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Swokéyan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on April 14, 2010, 10:39:04 AM
By the way---the podcast IS done, and live. Now we need bands to showcase. If you want people to hear your music, let's get on this.

Yaaaaaaaay! ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Eyamsiyu

You have a drummer here if you need one.  I also wrote a parody to a well-known song in the Christian underground scene.  Though it isn't in Na'vi, it is Avatar-related.  Just check my thread that I am making on about 10 minutes.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Flawkan

Hey!
I´m the leader of a band with 4 people (2 Guitars, Vocals, Bass, Drums)
Would love to get some Lyrics, we could build a demo tape around it ;)
Eywa ngahu.
Pandora!