Main Menu

BANDS WANTED

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, February 21, 2010, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

The podcast will NOT be televised!

(It will be audio!) That means we want to showcase YOUR band to possibly hundreds of thousands of fans (or maybe just a few, like 6 or 8, if you count my mom...) Are you fan enough to get songs together? Bring it on! Harry Potter bands tour the country. What does that punk have that the number one movie in the world does not?

PM me directly with your samples, ideas, and questions.

P.S. I am also ALWAYS looking for lyricists to help complete song fragments I have developed. Currently seeking melodic, romance, or rap/hard rock lyricists. Yes, I said rap--but it's actually pretty cool. No "g"'s needed please--just hardcore Avatar fans.

NOTE: I will unsticky this thread in March.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Eaite Randjam

hur hur.  I wish I were with a band.  How about a rendition of "Amazing Bass"?  XD

Ikranä mokri

Iv written a few songs before i dunno if there any good
ill put one in a spoiler

its more rock for me than other stuff but iv been told i can sing as well ( i really cant) plz pm me if this is the sorta thing ur looking for

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 24, 2010, 02:50:27 PM
snip

I am sorry if I was not clear. Please allow me to be so now:

We want Na'vi inspired bands: Harry Potter has several bands, so why not Avatar? Songs IN NA'VI, or ABOUT NA'VI. For example, you can be a cover band who changes words to reflect a Na'vi perspective and adds Na'vi words in certain spots to enhance the the song.

FOR EXAMPLE:

If you were to cover Kid Rock's "Cowboy" you might do something like this:
(Original words in text, Na'vi words in "desctiption.")

I wanna be a Cowboy baby
Ridin' at night 'cause I sleep all day
Cowboy baby
I can smell a pig from a mile away
or
I can smell a thief from a mile away

No remorse for the sherrif, in his eye I ain't right
I'm gonna paint his town red, and paint his wife white HUH
Cause chaos, rock like Amadeus
Find West Coast (women) for my Detroit players

See? You can write your own songs, or change the words of any song you CAN sing. Either fully into Na'vi, or into a "human band singing "about Na'vi" or "being a Na'vi."

Get it? This is a chance to get YOUR BAND promoted to thousands of potential fans--free.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Ezy Ryder

You really think that promoting Your band is as easy as You wrote in this post? I'm not saying that it's not possible but, what's the probability of it?

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on February 28, 2010, 04:03:09 PM
You really think that promoting Your band is as easy as You wrote in this post? I'm not saying that it's not possible but, what's the probability of it?

I am a multi-published author. I know how hard it is to get people to read or listen to anything new--especially something they have never heard of before. I am not promising stardom. I am delivering Avatar fans' ears. I am in essence, "putting you on the radio." It's up to you to make a song worth listening to. This is how Elvis got started.

Kxani

Me and fredrick, are we already written in as signed? :)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kxanì Tsaheylu on February 28, 2010, 08:16:34 PM
Me and fredrick, are we already written in as signed? :)

Yes. I am waiting on music from you. :P

Kxani

Mawey au 'ekong

I'm quite a big fan of wizard rock so I think that Na'vi rock (or any type of music for that matter) would be amazing!
I mean there's already vamprock for Twilight, c'mon guys we can show them whos boss!  :D

I'm a singer and am thinking of starting a band but I'll need some members because I can't play instruments to save my life.
I'll let you know if anything progresses :)
Twitter: cassiusitsohver

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Mawey au 'ekong on March 19, 2010, 09:00:27 AM
I'm quite a big fan of wizard rock so I think that Na'vi rock (or any type of music for that matter) would be amazing!
I mean there's already vamprock for Twilight, c'mon guys we can show them whos boss!  :D

I'm a singer and am thinking of starting a band but I'll need some members because I can't play instruments to save my life.
You should find a few people interested (at least in brainstorming ideas) in the fan music threads. I have been writing funny song lyrics that are either 100% Na'vi revisions of current songs, or "Na'vi-esque," being a rewrite of the song in Na'vi perspective, with mostly English words, and the occasional Na'vi word. I think a good starting point would be to play around with some lyrics, to see what style you want to explore primarily (e.f. full Na'vi, where people have to speak fluent Na'vi to understand you, or "Na'vi-esque").

Mawey au 'ekong

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 19, 2010, 09:38:00 PM

You should find a few people interested (at least in brainstorming ideas) in the fan music threads. I have been writing funny song lyrics that are either 100% Na'vi revisions of current songs, or "Na'vi-esque," being a rewrite of the song in Na'vi perspective, with mostly English words, and the occasional Na'vi word. I think a good starting point would be to play around with some lyrics, to see what style you want to explore primarily (e.f. full Na'vi, where people have to speak fluent Na'vi to understand you, or "Na'vi-esque").
Ah good idea, I'll have a look around! Yea I've written a couple, one in full Na'vi and one from the perspective. I think I'll mostly want to write Na'vi-esque songs as I'm not yet fluent in Na'vi and pronouncing all the words. Plus it makes them more humorous.  :D
Twitter: cassiusitsohver

Eaite Randjam

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have "studio musicians" if we can't get a band together in one place.  Someone composes a song and creates a chord sheet, the other musicians look at it and work on getting a certain sound, (ie "this song should have a funk sound")  and then everyone performs and records parts to a click track.  I'd be willing to do some arranging and mixing of the parts to create the finished product.

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Around the starting of september I'm going to follow guitar lessons, and there's a possibility that my nephew, who is a drummer, and I will start a 2 person band. :D

Numeyu

I am also a vocalist, with only decent piano proficiency and 4 years of violin under my belt (but my voice is by far my most useful asset).  So if you were interested in adding a male singer (tenor) to the group, I'd love to join!

Quote from: Eaite 'Randjam on March 20, 2010, 09:18:15 PM
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have "studio musicians" if we can't get a band together in one place.  Someone composes a song and creates a chord sheet, the other musicians look at it and work on getting a certain sound, (ie "this song should have a funk sound")  and then everyone performs and records parts to a click track.  I'd be willing to do some arranging and mixing of the parts to create the finished product.

This works for me!  I recently got myself a condenser microphone with a pop filter, so I'm good to go. :D
Kaltxì frapo!  Oel Na'viti nerumeie.  Oeyä Na'vi kesìltsan längu slä fratrr fteria.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I have a few na'vi-ized karaoke songs lyriced out if anyone wants to demo their voice for the band. PM me.

Swokéyan

This thread reminds me of the South Park episode where they convert normal songs into Christian songs xD
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I just saw that again. "Myrrh record?"

:D

So, where are my bands?

Swokéyan

I wish i could mean anything to u in a musical way ::)
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Numeyu

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 26, 2010, 11:06:35 PM
I have a few na'vi-ized karaoke songs lyriced out if anyone wants to demo their voice for the band. PM me.

When you say Na'vi-ized, do you mean translated into Na'vi or still in English but with Na'vi-related lines instead?
Kaltxì frapo!  Oel Na'viti nerumeie.  Oeyä Na'vi kesìltsan längu slä fratrr fteria.