IRAYO, Ma Pawl -- Frapo 'Awsiteng -- 'Ivong Na'vi!

Started by Prrton, February 03, 2010, 03:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prrton

Singer Collaborators Wanted!

I've come up with a 3-verse+chorus song (music and lyrics in Na'vi) called 'Ivong Na'vi and am looking for good, brave and talented souls to create melodies, sing, and submit vocal tracks that can be mixed in with the music to create a communal THANK YOU for Karyu Pawl for all of the new words et al he's been able to quietly teach us (even without official feedback from the powers at be).

The current deadline for you to get your recorded vocal tracks back to me (as MP3s) is a week from today, Wednesday, 10 February. Here's a quick overview of how you can participate:

If you're good at KARAOKE or even just singing in the shower, you should give it a try!!

Here's what you'll be downloading:

If you can pronounce Na'vi and sing (intuitively), that's really all that's necessary. You'll be making up your own vocal melody or melodies. Send as many versions as you like, as long as you're confident that they're good. Karyu Pawl deserves only the BEST, right?

There is no music to read or write. As long as you can sing into a decent external microphone and record ONLY YOUR VOICE as a vocal track or separate tracks, you'll be good to go.

GET CREATIVE

There are two brief lines in the middle chorus that would best be sung by first TWO and then THREE people. Get some of your friends to help out. Make up some cool harmony. Just teach them how to pronounce pxoe correctly first!  ;)

Or, if you're a member of a larger choral group, get everyone to sing the chorus all together.

This can be a big experiment. The more good stuff goes in, the better the end result will also be. So, it's up to YOU!

Here is the translation of the lyrics:

'Ivong Na'vi—tìRalpeng nìÌnglìsì

Behold, lovely creatures, your grand world.
(Like Pandora,) the sky is still blue, and everyone gets some rain.
But everything can change soon, and then what will we do?
Who will provide true protection for this web of life?

To keep this omen illuminated every day
    I will keep on smiling.
    The two of us will promise the world...
    The three of us will sing to the sky anew.
    Everyone should work together
    to make the Dream a reality.

• • • •  'Ivong Na'vi

Sing to me, wildlife, in one united voice.
Your brothers & sisters are listening, and want to save you.
If people decide soon, then we'll have more time.
All lands must choose quickly what to do about our insanity.

—Chorus repeats—

• • • •  'Ivong Na'vi

We know that Pandora is just a vision from a dream.
The insanity about which we speak is not of the mind,
but something that anyone can see daily across the planet
We must love our home (this world) like a small child.

—Chorus repeats—

• • • •  'Ivong Na'vi

So, if you're ready to give it a try, please, send a mail to "Prrton" via LearnNavi.org internal mail or CLICK HERE to volunteer via a mail to MaSempul.org.

Please make the title of your mail: Oe new rivol nìNa'vi! ("I want to sing in Na'vi!")

There is a low-fi sample of a small section of the song's music below as an MP3. Check it out!

Sìlpereiey oe...

ta Prrton

PS: Please note, this is an all-volunteer effort and no one will ever be compensated financially in any way for participating. Thanks.

Fyawìntxu

kaltxì irayosì ma Prrton!

Eywa ngahu.

Fyawìntxu
Eywa ayngahu ma smuk!

Meuya

Kaltxì ayeylan,

I'm an Opera Singer. Too bad I've seen this today after the dead line.

I here for the next one if you want.

Oel Ngati Kameie :)
No matter how many lies we tell, it seems I am still unable to let you go. So please... don't let this feelings be over......I SEE YOU

Skyinou

Quote from: Meuya on February 05, 2010, 04:37:35 AM
Wednesday, 10 February
Let's rock with The Tanners!

Prrton

Quote from: Skyinou on February 06, 2010, 06:16:41 PM
Quote from: Meuya on February 05, 2010, 04:37:35 AM
Wednesday, 10 February

Tsmuké Meuya tslolam ulte po kop fmayi slivu lertu nìayoeng! Set por lolu fra'u a fko kivin fte tsun sngivä'i tskxekeng sivi. IRAYO!, ma tsmukán!

Mr.X

Is there any possibility you could push the deadline sometime later? Becaus there's no chance I could finish my part on time, as I'm very busy with my university now.

Prrton

Quote from: Mr.X on February 08, 2010, 03:01:51 PM
Is there any possibility you could push the deadline sometime later? Becaus there's no chance I could finish my part on time, as I'm very busy with my university now.

We'll just make Wednesday the 10th the FIRST deadline. Based on what I have by Wednesday of this week, I'll update the rest of you on what's going on. PLEASE, don't stop working if you're motivated to continue just because Wednesday comes and goes. There is no RUSH on this overall. It's a collaborative process and we're not all in one room.  ;)  It you think you'll work past Wednesday, please just tell me when you think you'll have something to share, and I'll try to figure out how to communicate that information to everyone and how to work it into the big picture of the project.

Irayo, ma oeyä smuk!

Txur’Itan

Ma Prrton.
   Do you have sheet music, or know where I can look for it?
私は太った男だ。

Prrton

Quote from: Txur'Itan on February 09, 2010, 03:15:24 AM
Ma Prrton.
   Do you have sheet music, or know where I can look for it?

Oeru ke lu.  :-\  Don't got it. If anyone's created any, I'm not aware of it, but if you find it, PLEASE, send it to me!  ;D

Oeru txoa livu, ma tsmukan.

Prr.

Purzu

Kaltxì  ma Prrton!
Oe sìlpey ngaru fpom livu
Tsun ayoe nume ngayä tìkangem hasey srak?

I am looking forward to hear the work of art :)

Awaiting to hear from you soon

Irayo and kiyevame ma 'eylan
Purzu
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith
Kifkey lamatængem; oel pot tsun'efu mi pay, oel pot tsun'efu mi kllte sì tsun fahey ta ya

Txur’Itan

Has Seabass been able to find time to work on the melody?
私は太った男だ。

hemmond

old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Tsteu'itan

I'd like to see what happened with this project as well.  I know that mixing music together can be time consuming, though, so I'm not really surprised if it's taking a while.  :)  I love the clip of the melody that was posted, so I'm kind of sad I wasn't able to join in the project, even though I'd probably have been too shy to actually do it myself.

Rikxyu

I'd like to see if this got off the ground, too. It sounds like a great idea!
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Ftiafpi

I'm gonna un-sticky this as abandoned. Any objections?

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch