Jakes First Flight Remix

Started by Nume fpi sänume, December 24, 2009, 05:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nume fpi sänume

MOST RECENT VERSION HERE! 12-25-09

Ok, 0.4 is up, looking for feedback, love it or hate it, or just kinda "eh" about it.

My vision for the song:
Close your eyes and just let the song immerse you in the world of Pandora from the back of your Ikran. Let your ears and imagination decide where your at :D

http://ul.to/h4m02q

DOWNLOAD.

Irayo! :D

Eywayä mokri

°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Antony

I like it. It's really good. But it's very repetetive from 2:00 - 2:50. Maybe you could halve the length of that part?

Nume fpi sänume

I cant really shorten that bit, but I have added in some background sounds to break up that bit. Expect the next release, 0.4, in the next day or so. Irayo for the feedback!

Nume fpi sänume

Ok, uploading 0.3 as we speak. I changed the into a bit, and a few other things. There is still the area between 2:00 and 2:50 thats semi repetitive. To give you an idea of my vision for this song, there is the into which sets the mood of it all, then then from there its a journey through the skies on the back of your own Ikran. One of the first things you hear as you pass through the sky is a waterfall (you cant miss it in the song), then its just a flight around, sweeping down low towards the canopy of the jungle and just having fun. Let yourself be taken away in the song, and imagine the world of Pandora from the back of an Irkan, that's how Ive been putting the song together. Still more pieces to add, and i plan on extending it about 2 more minuets (maybe more if feedback demands) after the holidays. Once I finish this piece, I'll start working on the next if there is a desire for it. Enjoy guys, Ive had a ton of fun making it so far!

Opinions PLEASE! I cant make a song you like (or hate less) without your input :D

The link to "Jakes First Flight Remix 0.3"
http://ul.to/qvcwuw

I dont think i need to put the copyright stuff down here, just don't take my work and call it yours, kay?  ;)

Beduino

tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Nume fpi sänume

Thanks, Ive put a lot of work into it.

Beduino

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on December 26, 2009, 01:25:18 AM
Thanks, Ive put a lot of work into it.

And did it well!  :D

can you just try to put the "overall volume" a bit higher?

Nume fpi sänume

Yeah, i noticed that about it when i put it on a CD to listen to. Ill start work on the equalizing in 0.6, 0.5 fixes a few minor bits that didnt sound just right to the ear.

Beduino

Nume fpi sänume

Also, is there anyone reading this that knows how to pull just the vocals out of the sound clip form the original "Jakes first flight"? I'm still learning even as I'm working on it and i don't know how to do it or if its possible.

Night Raider

Vocals are almost impossible to cut clean from a mixed track. Reason is because, with digital recording tecology right now all vocals are recorded on a very wide range of frequencies. Old songs / etc didn't use this technology, so it was easier to do back then.

The only thing I can think of right now in terms of getting a somewhat "close-to-acapella" cut is cutting it from sound file and playing around with EQ. It will suck, but with careful use of reverb and delay, you can actually achieve something that sounds decent.

There are numerous VST / DX plugins and even standalone applications that claim they can cut vocals out, but they all ultimately fail with newet things.

As in for getting sound out of the trailer AVI, I recommend using VirtualDub.

P.S. I wonder what will happen if I send a message to the studio and ask them for clean voice samples from the trailer... LOL

Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

sefuheron

Easiest way is to rely on phase cancellation. Put a phase vst on the vocal track, and set it up like this
Filter - FIR
Mode - SC Encode
Phase - 60 Degrees

This will get rid of most everything that is not the exact same in both channels.
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Night Raider

Quote from: sefuheron on December 26, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
Easiest way is to rely on phase cancellation. Put a phase vst on the vocal track, and set it up like this
Filter - FIR
Mode - SC Encode
Phase - 60 Degrees

This will get rid of most everything that is not the exact same in both channels.

Hmm, never tried this method. Which VST are you using?

sefuheron

Sonitus:fx > Phase. But most phasers should do similar. If you need the .dll file, I could prolly get it to you.
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Night Raider

I got that very VST, thanks for help.

Nume fpi sänume

Yes, my thanks as well. Very helpful :)