Main Menu

Jakes Last Flight

Started by sefuheron, December 25, 2009, 06:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sefuheron

Jakes Last Flight
http://ul.to/jnl2rf

I have honestly never remixed a song before, so tell me how I am doing. This is a remix of the song "Jakes First Flight" which is property of Atlantic Recording. Just with my own spin.

Kaltxì
Yom yom yom. Txonti swiräl.

Nume fpi sänume

I liked it, the only thing i would say is to me it sounded like you relied a lot on what was already there in the soundtrack. Branch out a bit into something inspired by it. I do like how you took the end of the song and made it more the intro, a very nice take on that aspect. Overall, its good.

Tsway'eion

Quote from: sefuheron on December 25, 2009, 06:51:24 PM
Jakes Last Flight
http://ul.to/jnl2rf

I have honestly never remixed a song before, so tell me how I am doing. This is a remix of the song "Jakes First Flight" which is property of Atlantic Recording. Just with my own spin.

Kaltxì

How did you get the lyrics for your audio?

sefuheron

I actually took the original soundrack song and ran it through a phaser. I relied on phase cancelation to remove most of the instruments, to leave me with anything in only the 'center' channel.
If you need some help in setting it up, I can do so.

Tsway'eion

Quote from: sefuheron on January 06, 2010, 01:29:01 PM
I actually took the original soundrack song and ran it through a phaser. I relied on phase cancelation to remove most of the instruments, to leave me with anything in only the 'center' channel.
If you need some help in setting it up, I can do so.

Is there anyway that you could send me the lyrics? I've been trying to translate them with some other people, and having the sound gone would be a great help.
Irayo.

sefuheron

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=174.0

I cannot do that. Im sorry. I really dont want to deal with copyright issues by doing so, however... the above link will help you do it on your own. I would, but just cant. Hope it gets you on the right track though.

Night Raider

I found it easier to play with the EQ rather than passing it through a phaser. The output comes to be a little cleaner. But maybe I was doing something wrong.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Tsway'eion

Quote from: sefuheron on January 06, 2010, 06:43:23 PM
http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=174.0

I cannot do that. Im sorry. I really dont want to deal with copyright issues by doing so, however... the above link will help you do it on your own. I would, but just cant. Hope it gets you on the right track though.

Oel tslam... Irayo

sefuheron

L
Quote from: Night Raider on January 06, 2010, 07:07:22 PM
I found it easier to play with the EQ rather than passing it through a phaser. The output comes to be a little cleaner. But maybe I was doing something wrong.

Yeah, you might find it easier to do it that way... vocals main body are from about 300hz to 800hz... maybe cutting everything else will get you a cleaner result than phase. Just play around and see what happens. Phase works best on older recordings tho, less panning options.

Two highpass... 197hz 1.8Q; 122hz 1.8Q
And a peak... 645hz 1.1Q 6.5 gain.
That is the best i could get, still had some strings though.

Night Raider

I used a graphic EQ rather... with 20 bands.

WHen the DVD comes out, we will be able to get cleaner rips of stuff.

sefuheron

Ah, I see. I use parametric eq. To each their own tool. Lol. You proably have a lot more control that way. Sorry Im not on the board much anymore, Im actually doing all this from my phone, trying to hit 5gb without tethering... Im halfway there in four days. Haha! They say it is impossible. But it does hurt my ability to post much.

Night Raider

Quote from: sefuheron on January 06, 2010, 10:29:24 PM
Ah, I see. I use parametric eq. To each their own tool. Lol. You proably have a lot more control that way. Sorry Im not on the board much anymore, Im actually doing all this from my phone, trying to hit 5gb without tethering... Im halfway there in four days. Haha! They say it is impossible. But it does hurt my ability to post much.

Lol insane!!!