Me working on some music...

Started by Tíloran, January 29, 2010, 03:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tíloran

I'll post some music that I made while inspired by the movie.  None of them are really done because I get distracted, or I'm not sure how I want to finish it.  Any new songs will be added to the original post (i.e. this thing here).

The first song is Na'vi To War.  I wanted to get a sense of war drums going, but I think I may have dampened the aspect of war like feelings with the French horns and the strings.  Not sure.  (Software used: Project Sam Symphobia, Stormdrums, Cubase)  The drums sounded a lot better through my headphones.  I'm thinking when I exported I compressed too much.  Mp3 formating didn't do me any good other than a swift kick in my ears.  I may have to upload the original wave file...drat.

http://www.muziboo.com/Tiloran/music/navi-to-war

Edit:  Really?  No one wants to comment on the music?  Does it sound bad?
One picture is worth 128K.

Mr.X

It is nice, actually :) But I have a few niggles. First of all, I don't like the moment the drums stop, and only flutes remain. In my opinion, it would be better if you left snare drum out there, just like it was in the beggining of this phrase. Also, this string ensamble starting during that part sounds a little bit... lazy. They quite don't fit there, in my opinon ;P It might be a  little better if you would shorten the attack in the synthetiser you used.
Otherwise, it is a good one  :D

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

Kawnga Tawtute

My favouire Avatar song in the one of the trailer, i know that it actually was copied from another film but is just sooo beautiful, i love to make my videos with it:     
America trailer

Na'rìngyä vrrtep

hey Tíloran, why I can't download it?

Tíloran

Didn't know you wanted to download it.  Let me change that so you can download it.

Payoang

This is awesome! Love the groove and rhythm, and how the melody starts out.

The brass around the 1-minute mark sound indecisive.. perhaps not as melodic as it could be. I feel the strings could become a lot more interesting, especially near the end, when they're just pulling whole notes. Other than that, wow. Has the potential to be more epic though. I'm at the end of my rope though; orchestrating for anything past an ensemble is beyond me...

Tíloran

Thanks.  13 years of musical theory and 15 years in Orchestra tends to help.  That and going to orchestra camp.

Night Raider

Very nice piece dude. Although the post on top about the solo flutes was right... adding in a little soft rhythm there and fading it away would do so much nicer!
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Tsway'eion

Sounds like a movie soundtrack. Its very good, although the ending could have had more of a bang to end. But it was good. How did you make it?

bagget00

Anyone ever listen to Cusco. They re a sort of indian band. ( not sure on that.) But they use a lot of reed pipes and flutes and heavy drums mixed together really well. Everytime I hear certain songs, my mind immediately jumps to Avatar and I relive certain moments in my head.

let me post some and see if you have the same reaction.

Little pigeon and crazy horse
Cusco - Little Pigeon and Crazy Horse

Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher...Music By Cusco

The hunt
Cusco-The Hunt

White Buffalo
White Buffalo by Cusco

Ghost dance
Cusco Ghost Dance
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/