Online power metal band, anyone?

Started by Tsamsiyu92, June 08, 2010, 05:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

How would a violin sound in power metal...it could be symphonic power, or maybe like Turisas...(folk power) lol :)

Tsamsiyu92

A violin can provide a lot of awesome parts, but not anything beyond that. Rhapsody Of Fire uses violin sometimes and that is pretty cool.

Salvenger

Fear of the Dark - Cradle of Filth (Iron Maiden cover)
Has a awesome violin in it. I love how the violin sounds.
<3,
Kyle

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Oh, yes, that is an awesome cover!

hmm...how would power metal with tribal rythyms sound...just a thought lol ;)

Salvenger

Eh, probably not so good lol.
The tribal rhythm would eventually get annoying imo. 
<3,
Kyle

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Salvenger on July 19, 2010, 11:18:19 PM
Eh, probably not so good lol.
The tribal rhythm would eventually get annoying imo. 

Meh, depends on how you compose it.  It wouldn't have to be the ENTIRE song.  Maybe the intro, passage from the chorus to the second verse, and maybe again in the bridge, but modulated a little.

And it depends on the drum too.  Normal "tribal" drums wouldn't work to well, but I know some reputable companies make special "gong drums" with diameters ranging from 20-24" and ARE NOT bass drums.  And of course, there's always Taiko drums.

My 2¢...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch