Tìkangkemvi alu Rusola Ayeltu Lefngap (Project Singing Computers)

Started by Vayrufkay, May 10, 2017, 03:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vayrufkay

I'm not sure where this is really supposed to go, so do correct me if that's the case...

Anywho, I know I'm an extreme beginner with Na'vi language... However, I couldn't resist thinking about possibly getting together a few groups to do stuff in regards to vocasynths like Vocaloid and UTAU as well as the Na'vi language.

I have two conjoined ideas in mind:
~ Translating most songs sung by any vocasynth and doing covers of them in Na'vi (there are a few exceptions that I know I cannot do, like... say... "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" and "The Intense singing voice of Hatsune Miku", to name a couple)
and
~ finding methods for various vocasynth programs to make them sing in Na'vi (I think it's possible in UTAU, very iffy on any Vocaloid for that.... Just adding self-doubt here)

Also, on an aside, how would one say "Project Singing Computers" in Na'vi? Just asking so I might change the title accordingly.

Vawmataw

QuoteProject Singing Computers
Tìkangkemvi Ayeltu Lefngap Arusol
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Vayrufkay

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 10, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

Ah, thank you. ^^ Adjusting title now.

Tirea Aean

What a fascinating idea! If there's any way my knowledge can help, I'll be around

:ikran: 8)

Vayrufkay

Tirea Aean

Vayrufkay

I go back on what I said about Vocaloid being most likely impossible to get to sing in Na'vi.

It's going to take a lot of work, determination, phonetics rendering, and tuning, however. XD

I, for one, might enjoy that challenge. Plus... Kaito might sound pretty neat if he could sing niNa'vi, to be honest. XD Then again, I might be a tad biased among the Cryptonloids... HRH

As far as doing a system technique for UTAU... That'll be fun to figure out, but I can't currently do that due to living situation of 5 in a tiny place. X_x

Blue Elf

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 10, 2017, 04:45:10 PM
I'm in doubts it is correct translation. First - in Na'vi we use "alu" to assign name to person / thing. Second - two adjectives can't be attached to noun from the same side, so "rusol" should stand in front.
Result is - Tìkangkemvi alu Rusola Ayeltu Lefngap.

You can argue that "eltu lefngap" is single noun, as it is marked this way in dictionary. It's true, but still it is compound word consisting od noun and adjective.

About the project - it sounds interesting!! It would be useful for translating songs, so even non-singers like me could produce something and fine tune translation, as on could hear how it fits into original music. But.... Vocaloid is paid SW (and it would be good to try first before spend money), UTAU seems to be free, but download site is written in Japanase, huh.
And if I understand well, these vocasynths consists of two parts - editor (which is useless alone) + voicebanks (which are also paid for Vocaloid). So first we need some Na'vi voice library, without it we can't do anything - am I correct?
If there's any progress, I'd would try - it is too tempting to be able to create song and hear it.

BTW - is there any simple tutorial ho to get and use UTAU? That Japanese really blocks me..
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vawmataw

QuoteYou can argue that "eltu lefngap" is single noun, as it is marked this way in dictionary. It's true, but still it is compound word consisting od noun and adjective.
It's just a dumb mistake of my own. I've reached a sufficient level to understand the grammar deeply.
Thanks for correcting!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Blue Elf

Quote from: Vawmataw on May 13, 2017, 10:49:57 AM
QuoteYou can argue that "eltu lefngap" is single noun, as it is marked this way in dictionary. It's true, but still it is compound word consisting od noun and adjective.
It's just a dumb mistake of my own. I've reached a sufficient level to understand the grammar deeply.
Thanks for correcting!
Don't be so strict to yourself - mistake can always occur, no matter on level of knowledge :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Vayrufkay

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 13, 2017, 10:22:20 AM
About the project - it sounds interesting!! It would be useful for translating songs, so even non-singers like me could produce something and fine tune translation, as on could hear how it fits into original music. But.... Vocaloid is paid SW (and it would be good to try first before spend money), UTAU seems to be free, but download site is written in Japanase, huh.
And if I understand well, these vocasynths consists of two parts - editor (which is useless alone) + voicebanks (which are also paid for Vocaloid). So first we need some Na'vi voice library, without it we can't do anything - am I correct?
If there's any progress, I'd would try - it is too tempting to be able to create song and hear it.

BTW - is there any simple tutorial ho to get and use UTAU? That Japanese really blocks me..

I think there are demos of voice banks for Vocaloid somewhere, but, if I remember right, the editor has to be payed for. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

As to UTAU, here's a tutorial link for acquiring it in English

Here's where it gets a tad tricky, though...

In Vocaloid, it is possible to change around the phonetics of a note to get it exact or a close proximity to the Na'vi pronunciation. The only part I'm having issues with are the stressed consonants (then again, haven't tried going through all the syllables yet.), but I'll fine-tune that part eventually, I think.

In UTAU, the voicebank has to be recorded by another individual and added to the program. There are several techniques that it uses (most I'm not entirely familiar with, but I think it has something to do with the IPA phonetics system). As a result, it gets confusing and highly experimental for users to do (especially if they started out with Vocaloid stuff).

Tsutey Leghasi

use Samoan text to speach it works quite
arabic kind of works if you transcribe into arabic script
zulu might work
aisea e te faitau ai laʻu saini?!?!

mmmm....

oa mai oe?