Broken Heart parody - Prayer to Eywa

Started by Eyamsiyu, July 12, 2010, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyamsiyu

Ok, basically I was asked a while back if I could drum for AllThingsAvatar radio.  I accepted, and hopefully can follow through on commitments.

Anyway, one of the things that they are doing parodic versions of popular songs.  Though not as popular as "Down With the Sickness," the song "Broken Heart" by Falling up is very popular in the Christian underground scene.

Broken Heart - Falling Up with Lyrics

The original lyrics are of a person praying to God/Jesus to be delivered from broken love.  Seeing a connection, I wrote a parodic version to match Jake's prayer to Eywa.

The lyrics are in the video.

And here is what I came up with for the parodic lyrics:

Any thoughts?

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Lolet

Congratulations, oeya Eyamsiyu! This is very good!

Eyamsiyu

Thanks!  Now I just need a committed band dedicated to Avatar-related parodies.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Lolet

Jake's abs are looking for a 7th member for their band...

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on July 12, 2010, 03:20:44 PM
Jake's abs are looking for a 7th member for their band...

It would be a HUGE honor to be a part of Jake's abs.  ;D

Kaltxì Palulukan!

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Eyamsiyu

STUPID EMBED RIGHTS!!!

Ok, edited.  Should work a lot better.

Le'eylan

//sorryfornecropostingsläIwantedtotranslatethiscauseit'sverybeautiful//

Set ohe plltxe ngengaru,
eromum futa nga kem sivi na nga zene.
Eromum futa oet ftxamey ngal na nawma Toruk Makto.
Keng hufwa oe eromum futa oe lu txur,
ulte futa oel rolun tsenget a lu oeyä kelku,
oe ke omum txo ayoel tsun ftivang fìkemit a lu afyol skiva'a Ayvitrayä Ramunongit

Chorus
Eywa, Sa'nok
Rutxe, srung sivi ayoer fte ayoeyä kelku tsun zivong.
Rutxe, nawma Sa'nok
Lu ayoehu, taluna ngeyä srung lu tìkin.

Rutxe, kivame Graceyä ronsemit,
kame moeyä kifkeyit akoak, 'Rrtat, rutxe ma sa'nok.
Faysutel ke varmängewng ayfeyä kifkeyit ulte ayfol tspolang ayfeyä sa'nok.
Tsatsenget tok kea eampinil. Tsatsenget tok kea tìloril.
Tum terängok yamì.
Faysutel zama'u fpì skiva'a fitsenget, rutxe hivawnu alu ayoe layu luke tìsraw.

Chorus
Oe lu txur,
fìtseng lu oeyä kelku.
Slä oe ke tsun,
srung sivi fìkifkeyru nì'awtu. Rutxe srung sivi set.

Chorus
Rutxe nawma Sa'nok,
lu ayoehu, frapol kin ngeyä srungit.
Eywa, Zongyu
Na'vit kerängin ngati!
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=