Best Archers Around

Started by Unilmokri, April 08, 2010, 02:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unilmokri

Well, I think most people here would be lying if they said they hadn't thought of taking up archery after watching Avatar ;)

So I thought I'd start a list of the best archery videos around.
"To what end?" do you ask? Simple: Inspiration.

So share what you find, and I'll update my list with your finds :)

Heath Getty shoots down clay-pidgeons with compund-bow

Byron Ferguson does trick-shoots with recurve-bow
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

Txonyä'ite

These are inspiring pictures, they make me want to go to the range tonight. (yes i took up archery after avatar)

redes1

i have been doing archery for about 5 years now and i have just got a new bow that has a max pull weight of 70 pounds the minimum is 60 pounds.
yes I am in good shape to pull that weight. ;D

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I took up archery accidentally after Avatar.  I've been wanting to do it for years now and then for Christmas my mom was like Yay!  Archery lessons!  I was like BOMB!  Gimme a longbow and I got a longbow for Christmas too :D  So I didn't do it because of AVATAR it just happened around the same time

And compound bows are CHEATING!

I just watched the second video and I was in awe the whole time.  It's so amazing what you can do with the raw power of a Longbow.  I'll never use my lack of scopes as an excuse in class again.

Lolet

We did archery for PE in the 8th grade, but this one id made me mad cuz he was such a showoff!

Txura Rolyu

I wonder if the Na'vi have their own sort of hunter games of sorts. Hmmmm... It would definately be awesome to watch and root for.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Ekirä

Yep, I took up archery. My parents got my me and my sister a bow a few years ago, but only after watching AVTR did it really start to interest me. I am only taking lessons from myself so I'm certainly not great.....but it's fun. ;D

Txura Rolyu

It is definately a fun projectile sport you can do in your backyard wihtout cops knocking down the front door.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 06, 2010, 07:27:22 PM
I wonder if the Na'vi have their own sort of hunter games of sorts. Hmmmm... It would definately be awesome to watch and root for.

Haha!  That'd be a cool culture thing to randomly throw in the next movie :D

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I love archery, Being a boyscout I have many opportunities to do this.  Also, for my Eagle Project, I'm renovating an Archery range nearby.  Putting in two windsocks, redoing benches, putting in new bowracks,
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.