A New Beginning, A New Life

Started by Tìkawng Txe’lan, May 26, 2010, 08:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìkawng Txe’lan

i was gonna wait to post this but, im impatient. this is the prologue/chapter 1 of my Avatar fan fic. it basically tells what would happen if i were to get to Pandora. if i get good feedback, ill post the whole story here once it is done. and if u have any tips or anything, lemme no. this is my first fan fic, let alone Avatar fan fic, so if u veterans have any advice or tips, id love to here them.

so without further ado, here it is.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

its good for your first fan fic. it was a bit confussing, but i think your intending us to get confussed in the first place. i want to read more! ;D keep at it, and i think you will get good reviews.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Tìkawng Txe’lan

yeah its good ur confused. its just a way of gettin the audience connected to me in the story, cuz im confused myself about whats goin on

irayo for the good review.

Muzer

I don't find it confusing TBH...

The only bit I have a problem with so far is the fact that nobody knows about Pandora - wiped from living memory, that's feasible, but I'm positive there would be some government records or something that a person like the main character would find when working for NASA.

Anyway, other than that, good start - I'm going to guess the fact that it went to Pandora instead of wherever it was supposed to go to was due to the old na'vigation program to go to Pandora accidently being found and fed into the shuttle, possibly remotely (from Houston) - but if you've got another reason in mind, that should be fine too :P

So yeah, since you've said it's about you, make sure you don't let your ego get the better of you (you haven't yet), else everyone here will know you as the guy with the big ego ;)

The spelling and grammar were good - it didn't have any errors that I noticed (though I daresay there probably were some - few people are perfect), so there was no distraction to the story itself.

It's too early to say whether the storyline itself is going to be any good, so I won't comment on that.

I'm not an expert by any means at reviews and writing, and I am generally seen to be a bit too kind, so you may wish to take this with a pinch of salt - but the fact that I replied is always a good sign, if I don't reply it usually means the thing I would be saying is nasty :P
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Tsamsiyu92

The chances of suddenly speeding up and reach pandora are very small, unless there was some kind of force dragging him to Pandora...

Anyways, now you got me waiting for chapter 2.

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Tìkawng Txe’lan

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on May 27, 2010, 03:33:06 PM
The chances of suddenly speeding up and reach pandora are very small, unless there was some kind of force dragging him to Pandora...

Anyways, now you got me waiting for chapter 2.

this gets explained in chapter two dont worry.

Quote from: Muzer on May 27, 2010, 02:07:09 PM

The only bit I have a problem with so far is the fact that nobody knows about Pandora - wiped from living memory, that's feasible, but I'm positive there would be some government records or something that a person like the main character would find when working for NASA.

the government probably would, but not NASA. plus, wheres the fun in doing that? what would be better: finding out about Pandora from government records, or finding it accidently and learning about it firsthand?

also, chapter two will be done hopefully this weekend. and just as a small spoiler, ill be starting to introduce a new character.

Tìkawng Txe’lan

okay guys, u ask and Eywa will provide. Chapter 2 is done. this chapter was actually going to be both 2 and 3, which will also be out soon, but i didnt want it to be so long, so i split it up. we also meet our first new character. it may get confusing this chapter, cuz at one point i flash to her perspective, so im just warning u guys in advance. well any way here it is: chapter two-Aftermath

again, feedback is appreciated.

Tsamsiyu92

Nice work, keep it up! Can't wait for 3rd chapter.:)

Tìkawng Txe’lan

ill have chapter 3 up soon. so dont worry, u wont have to wait too long.

Tìkawng Txe’lan

chapter 3 is done. enjoy

and i need help for chapter 4. i need a good name for the female Na'vi character. ill give u credit for w.e. i picked. so if u got a good one, leave a comment.

Muzer

I like the idea of this one very much - though I think, as I mentioned before, some of the finer details are a little less-than-believable. However, that doesn't really matter much - it's probably going to turn out to be an interesting story!

Oh, and it's tawtute, not tawtut - unless you're implying that the Na'vi language has been slowly changing over the 50 years they've been gone, if it's some new slang or something... the plural, if you ever need it, is aysawtute or simply sawtute for more than 3 people, mesawtute for exactly two people and pxesawtute for exactly three.

Tsamsiyu92

Great story. I like the third-person mind-reading narration you use here. I can't wait for chapter 4. As for the name, I do not have any ideas, but anything that follows Na'vi word rules works.

Muzer

Yeah - read chapter 1 of Na'vi in a Nutshell (only 2 pages long but densely packed) and just come up with something random that meets all the rules and doesn't mean something else (or if it does, make it something sensible that you would call someone).

I like how the narrative style seems to fit very well the mind of the main character - very scientific, precise descriptions with comparatively little opinion - it feels like the sort of thing a person of his background (NASA) would think/write. Though I suppose since as you've said he's based on you, that makes sense, as you would of course be good at writing in your own style :P

Tìkawng Txe’lan

irayo for all the good feedback so far everyone. the story is only gonna get bigger from here. i wont say much, but look for sum returns. and to Muzer, irayo for helpin me with the Na'vi. im still pretty new to it, so i dont know everything yet.

Muzer

Yeah, I know how it is with Na'vi, it goes against intuition that seems almost (but isn't quite) hardwired... If I knew nothing about the Na'vi language and heard the word "sawtute", and was told it meant plural sky-people, I would, like (I assume) you did, expect it to be the "e" on the end that makes it plural, when in fact it's the change of the first consonant... it's a very weird language compared to most human languages that most of us are familiar with at least, which is also what makes it so fun to learn :P

So yeah, if you need any other help with the language, feel free to ask...

Tìkawng Txe’lan

just thought id give u guys an idea as to when chapter four will be done. ETA: 2 days. and i might have found a name for the female warrior. but, my request still stands. ;D

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Tìkawng Txe'lan on June 01, 2010, 04:29:48 PM
    and i need help for chapter 4. i need a good name for the female Na'vi character. ill give u credit for w.e. i picked. so if u got a good one, leave a comment.
    Here are a few names that I have come up with ( also came up with a full name, not sure its correct )

• Ilenä ( te Cha'ney'ite  ( but this name I already made for Emtokay's companion on the Strange Lands RP )

• Atena ( te Waye'ite )
    • Lot'na ( te Ina'ite )
    • Viru ( te Ane'ite )
    • Iye ( te Haywe'ite )
    • Tiryea ( te Nawe'iya'ite )
    • Perìya ( te Ihea'ite )
    • Su'ya ( te Mae'te )
    • Ayiye ( te Pi'aen'ite )
    • Henä ( te Taye'ite )
    • Nìyave ( te Iyä'ite )

You can also mix some of those names like Waye te Lot'na'ite

11 names in total ( one already in use in a RP, so 10 names )

HRH

I'm getting good at making up Na'vi names! :P  Although I not sure if there any grammar rules for writing a name, I know that you use a capital letter and such....

Edit: I just saw that I made all those names, except for the first one, in just a few minutes. I have another name, but that is one from my fanfic, so that wouldn't help you :P But I hope these names help, don't forgot to mix them, maybe you can spot a better name in it.[/list]
    WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
    Inventor of the word NARF