ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

141)~"Using your Kxetse for balance. Your tail!! Your tail!! Txantsan! Excellent."  Ateyo was teaching the Dreamwalkers how to jump from a tree and break a fall using gigantic leaves. Tai and Taifa and Janet were all jump qualified as part of their Airborne Training.  So they were easy to teach.  Ka'alani, on the other hand, had no experience with such things.  Taifa' was coaching her from a branch that was only twenty feet off the ground.  "Just spread out your arms and legs to stabilize. And use your tail like a rudder.  I'll go down first and catch you. Watch..." with that he leapt fearlessly from the branch and neatly broke his fall by catching the huge leaf below him.  A small child had climbed to the same branch and touched Ka'alani's arm.
  "Oe spä. Lu'o' nìwotx! I jump! It's lots of fun! Spä pxel oe! Jump like me!"
   Peypxì was anxious to show off her skills, and plummeted fearlessly from the height before Ka'alani could even think to respond. The child, being lighter in weight than Taifa', got more spring action from the leaf. And was laughing and giggling as she touched the ground. "TamTam Pum oel!Ok like me," called Peypxì.  At this point Ka'alani considered that if a child could do it, then she could do it. "Here goes nothing! GERONIMO!"  She sailed through the air as if diving into water for a bellyflop.  She was on the ground, in two shakes of a kxetse. Laughing at herself in amazement.
 When Ka'alani completed three jumps, and the three pilots had completed three more from even higher, they all walked back to the Kelutral.  "Auwe!  My feet used to be much tougher than they are now!  I used to walk on coral reefs all day long!" Ka'alani was mincing her steps, as Taifa' supported much of her weight.  Excited conversation filled the large community gathering place under the Kelutral.  And Meykir'ite was handing out fish wrapped in a leaf and served with a cooked grain that was similar to rice. "Ooh AHI HAND ROLL. SUSHI!" exclaimed Tobi-San and Ka'alani.  They all ate their fill of handrolls and fruit. Soon, Tweety and Tobi were flying back to the Hidden Base with Captain Henderson.  They had to substitute for Diana and Melvin, though they were loathe to leave behind their new soiaia, family.  Janet would be bringing the twelve uninitiated humans from the Hidden Base to the Omatikaya Kelutral.
  Daniels and Wade also had their helicopters at the Olo' Zongsteng Alor. The ayektan and aysahik of the Dark Lake Clan and the Red Bird Clan had joined the meet-up at the Zongsteng and were provided seats in those two choppers.
Daniels invited Varu'itan to sit in the co-pilots seat, and Wade invited Istaw, likewise.
Tai and Ateyo carried Eyktan Ikxeru, Tsahik Meykir, and eight 'evenge, Na'vi children.
By midday, everyone had their seating arrangement, and the 'evenge had been briefed on proper conduct within the choppers.  Ateyo had to spend extra time telling the 'evi co-pilots not to touch any of the lights and switches, but also had to explain that the lefngapa ikran needed to be given direction by the pilot with his hands and feet, because it had no tswin! Once Henderson came into view, all four choppers got into formation for the three hour trip to the Omatikaya Kelutral.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

142)~The Omatikaya Keutral was humming with activity with the advent of the new faces arriving with the choppers.  JakeSully and Neytiri and Mo'at and Krekori were welcoming everyone and offering fruit and yerik wraps.  Conversation was light-hearted and centered upon the new skills that the Dreamwalkers were learning.  "Jumping lessons!" exclaimed JakeSully. "How do you rate? I NEVER got jumping LESSONS.  With Neytiri it was SINK or SWIM!"
  When the conversation drifted towards the previous fishing trip, Melvin told Tai, "Sport Fishing?!  I heard that it was more like fighting ten rounds with Mike Tyson in fins and scales!"
   "Srane!  That payoang tried to bite my ear off!"  Eyktan Ikxeru told of the clean shot through txe'elanyä  payoang, the fish's heart, but the fish hadn't realized it was already dead.  He praised Tai for reciting the prayer to honor the fish's sacrifice and reassured the listeners that they would soon be hosting an Iknamaya to initiate the newest hunters.  Varu'itan also had a chance to brag on his fish.
   JakeSully got Tai's attention and said, "OK, ma taronyu numenyu! Out with it. Let's hear about the fight".  Tai repeated all the gory details, from the clean shot, to the fight while tumbling down the rapids, beating the fish, to the reciting of the prayer over the dead fish on the shoreline.  JakeSully smiled and nodded, while Neytiri said, "You already seem to know a lot about hunting and the proper mind set. Did you learn this from your tribe on 'Rrta?"
   "Srane, Ma Neytiri.  Taifa' and I learned to hunt while we lived in Samoa.  The customs are similar, we just need to help him memorize the prayer in Na'vi."
   "Ma Tai!" spoke Neytiri. "Though you will become a hunter and fly an ikran, you will still need to undergo a ceremony that will welcome you as one of the people."
   Ikxeru assured Neytiri, "Ma Tai HAS a good teacher for hunting in the ways of the Na'vi, and Ma Syaksyuk, over here, will teach running through the tops of the trees! And when it comes to the making of hunting bows, Ateyo is among the best!"
   Neytiri blushed to realize the unintended insult to Eyktan Ikxeru's teaching ability.  "Ma Ikeru! I can only regret that I am not responsible for teaching this one! Though secretly, I desire to shoot her tskowtsyip, her human sized bow!"
  Ikxeru smiled in acceptance of the unspoken apology.  "Ma Neytiri!  I know that you are the tsulfätu, the expert, when it comes to teaching uniltìrantokx.  But you can't have ALL the fun!"
   Tai leaned forward to catch Neytiri's eye.  "Ma Neytiri! You simply have to ask!  I would be honored to let you shoot my bow. I am carrying it in my chopper!"
   At this point, Mo'at spoke.  "Ma Tai, I hope that you and your CUZ also have brought your fire knives.  I would like to see your dance once again!"  This idea was met with approval from all in attendence. It also gave Ateyo and the restless 'evi a chance to get up and follow Tai to the chopper.  As Tai and Taifa' were getting their equipment from the ship, the dragon landed.  Colonel Schroeder and Patricia Fenwick, as well as the remaining techs and workers from the Blue Heart Gate, and the Captain and crew from the first ISV all disembarked.  Ateyo had a happy reunion with Colonel Gabriella, and Major Shari.  As the leaders of the Omatikaya approached, Colonel Schroeder introduced them formally to all the officers of the Starship, and the pilots of the two shuttle crafts.  He then introduced all the personnel from the Blue Heart Gate. Right down to the janitors.  Neytiri and JakeSully welcomed them all to sit by the fire and made certain that each were given food and drink.  Serrupticiously, Ka'alani and the drummers from last week assembled together, in anticipation of the dance.  Mo'at stood and welcomed her guests, while Neytiri translated for her.
   "Eywa has deemed it appropriate for yumons and Na'vi to live in this place together.  Tomorrow, we will all gather at the Well of Souls, so that Ewya may examine your hearts.  Many of you have learned of JakeSully Toruk Makto, and wish to to be with this clan.  But it is fair to say that we have many fine clans, some of whom have no Dreamwalkers among them.  Today, we will relax and enjoy each others company.  In this way, our ayeyktan and aysahik may come to know you and chose who will become part of their clan.  We will often meet each other at large festivals, when some of the moons align, and it may be possible in a few months to change your tribe.  So do not be concerned if you don't immediately get chosen by the GREAT JakeSully."  said Mo'at with a smile.  She waited for the laughter to abate and continued.
   "Oeyä me'eylan, Ma Tai sì Ma Taifa' were about to share a dance from their ancestral home on 'Rrta. An island place called Samoa".  Mo'at stepped away as Ka'alani started her beat on a wooden drum.  Tai and Taifa' made their impressive entrance juggling their knives while dancing.  This was becoming a popular addition to the Na'vi festivities. The cavernous interior made it possible to toss the fiery knives to each other without torching the kelutral. They displayed all their skills with grace, agility, and power. Ka'alani, almost wished she had meswin, two tswin, to complete a drumming circle, but found that with eye contact, the drumming ceased on cue.  Exhilarated, Ka'alani realized how deeply her heart was INTO the drumming.  Later in the evening, she would regroup with the drummers and have a drum circle at the edge of camp!
   But she was astonished later, that the Na'vi have a stringed instrument.  To her it sounded like an ukelele!  The performer was playing and singing a song about flowing water and gentle breezes. Ka'alani recognized those words at least.  The music was such a marked contrast with the fire dance, but the lovely melody drew her to dance.  She improvised a gentle hula, similar to the one she had danced the previous day. The player of the i'en had also been one of the drummers.  With eye contact they had cemented the friendship as her lovely arms and hips described the beauty.  Ka'alani hoped that others in Zongsteng Alor clan were musically inclined.  Taifa' sighed as she wispered to Tai, "I fall in love with her again, each time I see her dance!"
   The day continued with dances and songs being shared.  Alekxsi, who was always at Mo'ats side, persuaded Ateyo to sing her song about Eywa's creation.  Ka'alani demonstrated how Eywa shook out the stars from her hair, and immediately, many of the Na'vi women wanted to be taught the dance that she had invented.  The children got up and did their ikran flyer dance, and begged the adults to be their ayikran.  Even though the adults had to remove their elaborate necklaces, their fkxile, they were happy to oblige.
  During a break in the dancing and singing, Neytiri requested to use Tai's tskowtsip.  Everyone trouped enmasse to the archery field, where rotten stumps had been placed as targets.  With a warning about not overdrawing the bow, Neytiri quickly launched a volley of ayswisaw, arrows, into a rotted stump, neatly splitting it in half.  She signalled for the range to be closed while Ateyo and a swarm of 'evi ran out to claim the wiggly teylu.  The newcomers were getting a full immersion experience into Na'vi life.  Friendships were formed and adoptions made. 

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

143)~ Ateyo and Ka'alani persuaded Alekxsi away from Mo'at under the pretext of making some leis. Neytiri was grateful to get a moment alone with her mother because Krekori or Alekxsi were always at her side. And that is what she wished to speak about.  "Ma Sa'nok, I wish to speak with you."
   "Srane, Ma oeyä 'Ite. Come. Sit with me.  Ma Krekori, I need a few moments with my daughter, see that no one disturbs us."  Krekori murmured something in her ear, which made Mo'at blush and smile.  This was something that Neytiri had never observed between in Mo'at before.  Eykutan was always very reserved. His presence commanded respect and he rarely smiled. "Your Krekori, makes you blush like schoolgirl, Ma Sa'nok!"
   "Is that any way to speak to your mother?" asked Mo'at in an imperious tone.
   "Of course!  Only because it is true!  But that is not why I wish to speak with you.  I want to talk to you about Alekxsi."   Neytiri rushed headlong into her monologue. "I haven't said anything for fear of reopening wounds". Indeed, it was difficult not to think of Sylvanin without remembering how she was gunned down in front of her at Grace Augustine's school house.
    Mo'at narrowed her eyes, wondering what her child was anxious about. "I am very fond of that young woman.  I see in her a great potential. Are you wondering if she will be the next tsahik?"  Neytiri's response was a bubbling laughter. "Kehe!  That is for Eywa to determine!  I will care for the Omatikaya. Because that is my destiny. But I need to say something about Alekxsi."  Neytiri took a long moment to gaze into her mother's deep golden eyes.  "At first I was surprised that were drawn to Alekxsi.  I assumed it was because, of course, due to her own wisdom and her innate power.  But it as also quite inescapable to me of one fact:  She reminds me of Sylvanin.  A LOT like Sylvanin.  I feel that I want her close to me because she reminds me so much of my sister. I haven't wanted to say anything because I don't want to be disappointed to find a stranger where my sister once stood.  Ma Sa'anok! Do you think that Sylvanin's spirit could be walking in a human body?"
   "Ma 'Ite! I wondered at your energy.  I have noticed that you seem conflicted when you are around Ma Alekxsi.  No I believe that Ewya makes one spirit for each being.  Some she seems to make very similar, perhaps to comfort us, perhaps to confound us.  I too, was reminded of Sylvanin when I met her.  I couldn't understand why I felt so drawn to her. But it dawned upon me by-and-by.  I haven't spoken of it, and I try to brush away the thought, each time it intrudes."
   "Pelun, Sa'nok? Why Mother?  Wouldn't you wish to experience your daughter once again?"  Neytiri felt silly for making the statement.  She knew how her mother would respond.  "Ma 'Ite. Ngyä Sylvanin still speaks to us through the Well of Souls.  I know that she is still with us.  It would be tempting to treat Alekxsi as if she were Sylvanin, but as a mother, I feel it necessary to allow each child's spirit to develop individually.  I see such discord between evenge and aysa'nok. Especially those who have lost a child.  They try make another, be the very one that they have lost.  And the child that lives always wonders who he is supposed to be. Kehe,  I want Alekxsi to be Alekxsi, even though she reminds me of Sylvanin.  Tomorrow, when we go to the Well of Souls, sit next to me and we will ask Sylvanin what she thinks of this."
   "I would like that, Ma Sa'nok. Perhaps, Alekxsi can sit with us too."
"Srane. I think that would be best." When both women emerged from their private speaking place, both had tears streaming down their cheeks.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

144)~The aroma of roasted yerik filled the air, as well  as that of roasted fkxen and toasted teylu on a skewer.  "Nìn! (Look!)  Shish-kabob!  Wish I had some pineapple chunks."  The talking and laughter also filled the air with Na'vi voices and human voices.  Each of the humans had gravitated towards the clans that wished to adopt them.  One could hear Na'vi lessons beginning in various corners, and many introductions.  JakeSully was speaking to his new family..  "It seems that we are building a new world with many different peoples. It is going so smoothly, that it is scary!"  Max turned to Jake and said, "We are all of one spirit, Ma Jake.  We all knew that we wanted to be here. And we all wanted to build a world based on balance with Mother Nature. Well in this case, with Eywa."  
  "Well, that explains it! We are all like minded!  I guess, I'm just afraid that someone is going to sneak in and spoil everything.  Utopias are supposedly unobtainable." muttered Jake.
  Norm  spoke up. "Everyone here has been victimized by corporate greed. Everyone desperately wants to live here in balance, and Eywa KNOWS it.  If she spotted someone who doesn't have a Blue Heart, she would turn them over to Tai and Taifa', and let them play catch with him!" Mo'at scoffed at such a ridiculous idea.  "That would solve nothing." She stated in her droll tone of voice.
  "What would happen if an RDA puke crawled out of the jungle begging for mercy with a true change of heart? We were all employed by RDA at one time."  Alekxsi  revealed her tender heart. "Maybe without an officer in charge a man would be more likely to give up?  What would you do, Ma Tai?"
   The Olo'Zongsteng Alor was seated within earshot of the Omatikaya Clan. Tai said without hesitation.  "He better not let me see him first, because I would be inclined not to believe him. Only if Eywa approved of his Heart, would I let him live.  I would show him the mercy that he showed the Na'vi. I know this sounds harsh, but I am a warrior and I am here to protect the Na'vi and Eywa'eveng.  Am I wrong in thinking this way Ma oeyä Aysahik?" Tai looked from Tsahik Meykir and her daughter, to Mo'at and her daughter and Alekxsi, as well.  But everyone deferred to Mo'at.
  "I would hope that you would not kill someone who was unarmed and begging for mercy. But I could see that a person could lure you into an ambush in that manner.  But I would hope that you could use judgment and allow mercy where it is due."  
  Neytiri continued the thought.  "JakeSully was once an RDA soldier. Yet he turned his back on the RDA and became Toruk Makto. Though I admit, he had a very convincing show of it!."   Tai was thoughtful, balancing out a perceived rage with a perceived mercy. She turned to Meykir.  "Ma oeya Olo'tsahik Meykir. Do you have any words of wisdom for me to add to theirs?"
  Meykir gazed at her new Tsmuke and answered thoughtfully.  "I cannot speak as a warrior, Ma Tai.  It is a difficult path that I am grateful I was never called to.  I would hope that if ever a moment comes where you must judge a man in this situation, that you would pause and ask Eywa to help you judge him not only for his past actions, but for his future potential.  But the bigger question is; What will you do, ma tsmuke, when you are no longer required to be a samsiyu?"
  "I have many wise words to consider.  My first thoughts on this are: suppose there was one who for eight years has tried to get out from the group he is in.  But was terrified to surrender, thinking that we would surely kill him in a fit of rage.  If I were to kill him, even if not in anger, his last thoughts would be that his fears about us were right."  Everyone within hearing range, nodded in agreement, yet fell silent. Mo'at spoke.  "It is well that you are willing to consider these questions, Ma Tai.  It is this mindset that differentiates you between a warrior and a killer.  At one point, I had the opportunity to grant life or death to JakeSully.  I am truly glad, that I allowed him to live."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

145)~ "Kaltxi Ma Frapo!" A Na'vi eyktan with a headdress of red feathers stepped up to the circle. "Oel ngati Kameie, Ma Mo'at! Sì Ma JakeSully! Sì Ma Neytiri! (To you I introduce my two new family members: Major Steve Warwick and Captain Fritz Mueller) "Ngaru oeyä mipa soiaia mehapxitu: Mayzhor Stiv Warwik sì Kapitxan Frìts Mu'ular."   The two shuttle pilots were introduced to the leaders of the Omatikaya Clan.  They each stepped forward and delivered a stiff, "Oel ngati kameie." that was nearly a salute.
  "Loosen up Boys! No need to salute!"  JakeSully addressed the shuttle pilots in English, in his own relaxed manner of speech.  "Tse, have you been spending time with the Red Bird Clan?"
  "Kehe!  Not yet anyway! We have been busy everyday with one or two flights!  Blue Heart Gate is really hopping!  The new gestation wing is entirely erected.  The wiring is nearly finished." said Major Warwick.  Fritz Mueller chimed in; "And they have already assembled two more remote link sites."
  Eyktan Komakti had a short discussion with the leaders of the Omatikaya. Neytiri was quick to explain the laughter that had been created. "Ma Komakxti said that he was assigned two newcomers but he saw them only once!  He said, quote, We are keeping these two! No matter how much oeyä mesmukan Ma Ikeru sì Ma Tai complain! unquote"  She quickly added, "He says that There are no hard feelings. That your tsampongu, em, war party, should not be separated. That aysamsiyu are like brothers. Soaia, family. And should stay together."
 Tai was greatly relieved to hear that and gave the gesture, "Oel ngati kameie." to the Eyktan Komakxti. His wife, the Tsahik Tsenu'ite, beckoned to the leaders of the the Vawma 'Ora Clan.  Eyktan Tsu'aku and Tsahik Txllkxrey  approached.  Txllkxrey was beaming as she introduced the newest members of her clan, "Matsor Taevit Rom si Kapitxan Tseynin Blakx Ellkx." David and Jeanine already knew the other two shuttle pilots, (who were now members of the Red Bird Clan) and were pleased to learn that their clans were located closely together. Komakxti's face was expressionless.  That didn't stop Mo'at from addressing him outright. "Tse, Ma Komakxti. Now you have mehumon for your family.  Are you pleased?"
  "This Blakx Ellkx has a strong arm and good aim. With a humon tskowtsyip. Slä, she will make a txura taronyu,  when she has UnilTìranTokx ."  Mo'at glanced at the human woman, who also wore a stoney expression. "Ngaru tut, and you, Ma Blakx Ellkx. What do you say?"
  "He reminds me of my Great-Grandfather on the Rez.  I think I will like it here."
  Mo'at then turned to the other shuttle pilot.  "Ngaru tut, Ma Taevit Rom? And You?"
 "Oeru meuia! To me it is an honor to be considered by Vawma Ora olo' . I will do everything in my power to live honorably and worthy of this trust." His words were spoken directly from the heart, and even though they sounded formal his earnestness was conveyed through his eyes.  As Neytiri translated for him, the Eyktan Tsu'aku was impressed, because the feelings of those words were conveyed exactly to his own heart.
 "Yes, I am pleased with my new family members." Srane nìprrte' oeyä soaiahu ayhapxitu.
 Tai and Eyktan Ikxeru exchanged relieved glances.  Knowing of Eyktan Tsu'aku's initial resistance to the idea, he had moved light years ahead in his range of tolerance!  
 The solemnity of the moment was interrupted when Patricia Fenwick came along with the eight crew members of the StarShip. "Oel ngati kameie. May we join you? You haven't meet these people yet. May I introduce Colonel Gabriella Donsdorf, the Starship Commander, and Major Sh'ralta Tamas', her First Officer?"  
 "Au, I remember you! You have shown me Ewya's Creation!" Mo'at could not hide her delight in remembering that experience on the StarShip.  Neytiri translated for her Mother. She was pleased to see that her wise mother was still open to wonderment. This event cemented the relationship between the good skypeople and Na'vi, almost as much as her dear Krekori, in Blue Skin!  Mo'at welcomed them. "Please! Sit my friends. Rutxe! Heyn ma oeyä eylan!  What can we do for you?"
 "Ma Mo'at, we would like very much to join a clan, but we also need to stay at the Blue Heart Gate to oversee all our transitions for some more time.  There are no clans close to Blue Heart. So we are at a loss for what to do."  Mo'at turned to the ayeyktan and aysahik close by. She conferred with them, and noted the irony of the situation.  Those who had made it possible for her to have her Krekori by her side, and who showed her the stars, were without a clan to call their own.          
  Krekori Mendllzong postulated a solution: BlueHeart Gate, Txe'lan Aean has a nice encampment just outside the gate and a nice place with big cots inside the gate.  It is the best place for new avatars to start out.  We could have a joint encampment with someone from each clan there at all times, at least until we get everyone down from the StarShips! In that way, they could make friends with various clan members and learn the customs and polish up their language skills." This was all spoken in flawless Na'vi, much to the amazement of  JakeSully. But he didn't have a chance to interject, because Neytiri was translating his ideas to the ayhumon. But when she had finished, he asked Patricia Fenwick.
  "When is the next StarShip coming and how many will be on board?" Patricia informed them that it was approaching geosynchronous orbit with Pandora and would be in the pattern in six months time.  There was only a crew of eight, and twelve healthcare attendants to maintain the avatars. Neytiri translated these facts. The ayeyktan wondered aloud whether there would be more and more humans escaping to Eywa 'Eveng.  Patricia answered.  "To our knowledge, we are the last two StarShips from planet 'Rrta.  Our vessels were not destroyed by the magnetic storms on the surface because we were already in space.  Everything on the planet seems to have been destroyed. If there were any other starships in the spacedock, they were of an older design. Most of the cargo space is actually devoted to the fuel and propulsion system."
  Neytiri's succinct answer was similar to, "It's not likely that there will be more tute arriving here."
   The solemnity of THAT moment was interrupted by the laughter of children.  Ateyo came dancing up, with Peypxi upon her shoulders.  She was followed by a row of children, her orphans and some some of the Omatikaya evenge.  Younger ones on top of the older ones' shoulders. Carefully, she gestured "Oel Ngati Kameie" to the ayeyktan and aysahik and to their guests.  "Ma Mo'at! Oeya 'evi woud like to share the Ikran Flyer Dance with you and the guests.  Is this a good time?"
  "Srane, Ma Ateyo! We would be delighted!"  
The doubles all lined up in formation.  I turn very hard left MìN NITXA FTäR and the ayikran all dipped to the left, with their aymaktoyutsyìp (little riders) giggling, while maintaining their balance and trying to sing. I turn very hard right MìN NITXA SKIEN dipping to the right. flying together as one TI TSU SWA YER ONì RI MOE LU 'AW . Each pair connecting their meswin as a hunter would do with his ikran,  It was incredible for the adults to see how this bonding was affecting the children.  They were beaming with confidence and were riding with stability.  All their words were distinct and clear.
Upwards, upwards, through the blue sky. NEFä, NEFä KXAMLA TAW AEAN! The ayikran who had been in a low crouch suddenly sprang up and all dashed off stage left.
The Omatikaya 'evi  joined their parents in the ever widening circle amidst applause and praise.  All the Ayikran kids were rubbing their sore legs.  Apparently, dancing with a child on one's shoulders was also providing the strength training needed to fly a real ikran.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

146)~Before the night was through, Ka'alani had taught nearly everyone to braid a lei or two of glowing flowers.  Jeanine Black Elk had discovered the EYAYE plant which resembled a biolumanescent warbonnet.  Ateyo brought a few PENG HRRAP plants to illuminate a large rock that served as a table.  She had persuaded Eyktan Komaktxi to divest himself of his glorious red headdress.  This she examined carefully, memorizing the various knots and their attach points.  She dearly wanted to hunt the strange creature that resembled a small ikran, but which had feathers.  FEATHERS! such a marvelous creation of Ewya!  Komakxti assured her that when she visited, he would arrange a hunting party. (taronpongu),   The flesh was also good to eat, so there would be no dis-honor in killing such a creature.  Puvomun, thetsulfätu (expert craftsman),  of the Omatikaya clan, discussed the creation of an elaborate 'are, beaded shawl, such as worn by Mo'at. Ateyo had a mind to create a beadwork piece resembling the tawur sanhiä as seen through the LOOK FAR. Puvomun cautioned about safety knotting every fifth bead in case of a snag.  They discussed needles and awls, lefngapa sä'o apxi.  Puvomun also suggested a way to create a drill to make beads. He also identified the Na'vi with the stringed instrument and introduced him to Ka'lani.  Ateyo was pleased to met with Tsenu'ite, the tsahik of the Vawma 'Ora (Dark Lake).  She wanted to arrange a meet-up with her tsulfätu, who was an excellent potter, for the sake of Tobi-san. It was a very productive evening for the tsulfätu, called Ateyo Te Syaksyuk!
  "ATEYO MA TSMUKE" came a call.  Ateyo was happy to bump into, quite literally, Alekxsi, who easily persuaded Ateyo to sing of Ewya's Creation. Ka'alani and many of the Na'vi of the Zongsteng Alor joined the dance, shaking out their hair to create the stars and describing the twinkling splendor of her work.  Just before twenty-two hundred hours, Tai tapped on Ateyo's shoulder.  "PUMPKIN TIME" announcedTai.  As the party drew to a close, Tai and Ateyo could be seen walking arm in arm, with their ayketse, wrapped around each other's waists.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

147)~At twenty-two hundred hours, and seven minutes, Tai had reached Alpha and the lid to the link chamber was opened.  Kristy Castillo was there to greet Tai. "You are always the first to come out of link, Major.  How do you feel?"  
  "I feel great Ma Tweety! All my martial arts training paid off. I can reach Alpha brainwaves in only a few minutes. But I AM REAL hungry."
  "Don't worry Major.  We have a two years supply of lima beans and ham!  The others are coming out of link now. Hold that thought."  Do you think Diana and Melvin will be accepted by Eywa tomorrow?"  She was watching link monitors as she spoke. Soon she and Tobi were bringing the other humans out of link.
  "Oh, no doubt! Last I saw of Melvin, he was talking about hunting with boomerangs and looking for the appropriate wood to make one."
  "Diana was making leis and dancing hula with me. And so was Janet!" said Ka'alani. "Woman you some Sharpa-da-Sharp!" Janet, who was normally very reserved and military in her manner, was fluid and graceful as a hula dancer. Daniels and Wade agreed.  "The Captain is letting her hair down because she realizes that the days of ALL our military careers are numbered."
  Tweety announced, "Hey I learned a new word today! It's Lesngä'i. It means original, like the first in a series. But it reminds me of the word LASAGNA, which I found for you, Janet, AND a packet of parmesan cheese, as well!"  Janet was sitting at the table with a knife and fork poised at the ready.  "Bring it ON, Girl! I'm ravenous!"
 Ka'alani and Taifa' walked in, hand in hand, and took their seats at the cramped dining table. "I see you got the usual, Cuz!"  Tai politely suggested, "You should try some!" knowing full well that her offer would be refused.
  "No thanks, Cuz.  The ham is OK but those beans would set my tewng (loincloth) to flapping!"
 There was some loud guffawing all around the table.  After slurping a saucy noodle, Janet wiped her mouth and said, "There is good news from Blue Heart Gate.  Two more Remote Link Sites are assembled and the new wing for gestation tanks is nearly completed".
  "And that's not all," continued Tai.  "The shuttle pilots have brought down another four Blue Skins.  They have been running two shuttles, twice a day."  
  This caught the rapt attention of Tweety and Tobi.  "Who?!!  Do you know which four?"
 "Colonel Schroeder and Patricia Fenwick, for certain, and two techs from Mipa Tsray who have been here since the Battle for the Well of Souls. I think that would be Alekxsi and a guy named Kirby."  
  Tweety blurted out, "I remember Alekxsi, but Kirby was not memorable. I think he was the guy who helped me find the electronics system for the smashed link chamber."  Suddenly Tweety realized that she was remiss in her duties.  "OK FOLKS! I'm keeping you up!  Go hit the showers and get some shut-eye.  Tweety and Tobi grinned at each other knowing that soon, they too would be wearing Blue Skins.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

148)~"Kaltxì, Ma 'Lekxsi! You not sleep,too Ngaru kehahaw, kop?"  Ateyo found the lone figure of Alexandra sitting by the embers of the cooking pit. She sat next to her on the smooth log, polished by generations of  Eana aytim, blue rumps.
  "Kehe! I want to sleep but my brain won't stop talking to itself."  They sat side by side in companionable silence for a while, watching the sleeping forms of ayevenge and of Tai, not far away.  
  "Pxepxi waking me up, at some time, for taking her 'uo utral ('the other side of the Tree. -potty break!)  Hers sleeping before I carry here, but  I being awake akrrta, um, since.  Vrrìn eltur! (Busy Brain - in a negative sense)
  Ateyo slipped her arm around Alexandra's waist.  She had experienced an unexplained closeness to Alekxsi since she met her, only last week, but the comfort was like a lifetime.
  "Oeyä eltu, My brain tell how I am orphan.  Tai sleeping like rock. I sad for being alone."  Ateyo felt ashamed to admit the loneliness she was experiencing being next to Tai's unsleeping form.  Somehow, she was feeling abandoned and alone this time, though she ought to be satisfied that she got to enjoy Tai's DreamWalkerBody during the waking hours.
  Alekxsi picked up on Ateyo's sense of abandonment and hugged her closer.  "You know you are not alone.  You are my Tsmuke."  This was a simple fact that Ateyo let percolate through her soul.  
   "Pelun nga lu ke hahaw, Ma Alekxsi? Why you not sleep?  Alexandra pursed her lips and let out a long sigh. "This is going to sound strange, Ma Ateyo, but I've been thinking of Sylvanin."
  "Sylvanin? Neytiri's sister?Netiriyä tsmuke? You knowing Sylvanin?
  "I met her once,  when I took some supplies to Doctor Grace's school.  The next week I learned that she had been killed by the RDA." They sat quietly with their separate thoughts about the defiant Na'vi girl who had torched RDA equipment in protest of their encroachment. And who had been shot for her efforts. But Alexandra continued quietly. "I've been dreaming of her every night, since Ma Pati gave you the mobile.  Mo'at and Neytiri say that I remind them of her and they want me to sit with them at the Well of Souls. So I am too nervous and excited to sleep."
  "Au. Eltu vrrìn!" Ateyo had to pause to remember what a mobile was, and remembered that she still needed to rebuild the display of  the Tsawke, the planets and the fourteen moons spinning around Eywa'eveng.   She could make a gift for Neytiri.
  Alexandra sighed again and said, "Srane. Eltu vrrìn. But we both need to sleep to be ready for tomorrow."  Pxepxi came wandering up at that moment. "Ma Ateyo. "Oe tsun kehahaw lu.
  "Oh you too!  I have an idea. She stood up and brought the human woman to her feet. We three will sleep together with Tai. Pxoe hahaw 'awsiteng Taihu.   Hand in hand, the three walked across the twinkling moss and lay down next the silent Avatar. Ateyo lay on her side next to Tai, with Peypxi sandwiched between she and Alexandra. Quietly she started to croon a lullaby.
Sleep my  baby - Hahaw ma oeyä prrnen
Let your thoughts float away - Tìvung futa aysäfpil lìng neto
Ewya holds you in her arms - Ewya ngaru meyam mi mepxun
Safe Baby Sleep Little Sister Mine - Zong Prrnen Hahaw Ma Tsmuketsyìp ko

She crooned quietly but never quite made it through the second verse before they all drifted off to sleep.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

149)~Ateyo's eyes popped open when she felt fingertips brush lightly across her thigh.  What ever dream she was having was completely obliterated by that sensation.  She was relieved to realize thar Tai's spirit had returned to her body. "Tìng Pom! Tìng pom!" she murmured and was rewarded with kisses and "Rewon lefpom ma oeyä lora yawnetu!" (Good morning my beautiful Beloved).  Tai rolled towards Ateyo and was kissing her sweetly for a short while, until she opened her eyes.  "It looks like you had a slumber party in my absence!" Ateyo was going to ask what a slumber party was, but Alexandra woke up with a giggle.  "Major, I didn't know that you even KNEW that word!"  Little Peypxi stirred in her arms as Alekxsi came up to one elbow.  "We had a hard time sleeping so Ateyo sang us lullabies until we fell asleep." She stretched and made a glorious yawn.
  "Ma Ateyo! You never sing ME lullabies."  
  "You sleeping like LOG! You sleep before I ever sing!" Laughing the four got up, and headed for 'uo Utral (behind the tree).  Afterwards, Ateyo made the embers into a fire, and then started wringing out the washcloths of soft blue ean ean fibers, and handed them out.  She had a routine developed for her kids.  She always left a pot of water on the embers with the cloths.  Most children learned to weave their own washing cloths as their first projects. There were always plenty to be used.  Pxepxi had climbed onto Ateyo's back once she had been washed up.  As the rest of the Omatikaya encampment was coming to life, Tai asked if she needed to go out hunting.
   "Kehe, Ma Tai! We have plenty of leftover yerik!" Neytiri managed to look refreshed even before she accepted the pro-offered  wash cloth.  Jake came stumbling and dragging his feet.  Major Tai was in her smart-aleck mood and announced, "Look what the palulukan dragged in!"  
  "And rewon lefpom to you, too!" said Jake with a grin as he wiped his face.
  "Trr'ong alor (Beautiful sunrise)," remarked Pxepxi, pointing out the rising sun through the trees, from her perch on Ateyo's shoulders.
"Rewon lefpom, ma Tsmuke!" Neytiri gave Alekxsi a hug and then asked her help. "I have a large stack of Tìhawnuwll leaves to wrap the yerik meat.  Help me get them, please!"  People started lining up for their washing clothes and making small talk while crowding close to the campfire for warmth.  But soon they were seated and passing around the yerik meat wraps that Alekxsi and Neytiri provided. The best ay'emyu (cooks) from each clan had stirred up a pot of yerik stew, each with their own particular recipe,like a chili cook off on 'Rrta! There were many flavors to choose from, some spicy, some savory, some sweet.   A cinnamon-like flavored hot tea was served in Mo'ats pottery cups, reminding Ateyo once again to look up the tsulfatu who makes ceramics.  As the meal was completed, the rising sun reminded them all of their mission for the day.   All the ikran riders were given a hour's head start, which was good because Ateyo took all the 'evi, lu uo Utral, and got them washed up, and all their wash cloths spread to dry, in preparation for the ride to the Well of Souls. Alekxsi remarked to Ka'alani, I guess it's a cross cultural thing: "You kids all go to the bathroom before we leave!"  They were laughing about that when Mo'at approached them.  "I have decided to fly in the kunsìp instead of ikran.  Do you think there is room for two more?"  
  "Ma Mo'at!" said Ateyo. "You may have my seat next to MaTai and you can see what Tai sees!"
  "Will I fit?" Mo'at was remembering the human-sized cockpit.
  "Of course, Ma Mo'at! Come see how a Na'vi can fit in oeyä lefngapa ikran!"  (my metal ikran) Tai showed her the convertible top and then strapped her in.  Krekori sat on the floor behind her with two children on his lap. With the ships neatly loaded out as they were before, Tai called out the start up procedure. "Master switch on. DC circuit breakers on. Radios off.  Generators off. Boost pumps on. Auto igniters on. Tai leaned out the windows and called Clear Blades. Pressed and held the Start Switch until the engines achieved 25% turbine speed and the auto igniters kicked in.  Once the engine turbine temperatures stabilized, she switched the generators on, checked the hydrolic pressure and temperature gauges and eased up on the collective, softly sing Up Up and Away to herself as the formation of aykunìip climbed away from the Kelutral and towards the Tree of Souls.  Behind her she could hear a chorus of small voices saying MAKTO KO.
  The ayevenge were fascinated to see all the switches and dials, and were quite vociferous as the ship lifted off and became airborne.  Their amazed and delighted laughter was lost in the wind as they traveled through the sky.  Tai'fa' and Ka'alani kept the 'evi safely away from the door, but they each craned their necks to see the landscape zooming past them.
 About halfway to the Tree of Souls, Tai asked Mo'at to place her hands and feet lightly upon the controls.  "You might as well see what it feels like to fly oeyä lefngapa ikran, Ma Tsahik!"  Initially, Mo'ats face was a study in concentration.  But within a few moments, she relaxed and enjoyed following Tai on the controls. Before long the Wells of Souls came into view on the horizon.  Tai pointed it out to Mo'at and pointed out where they were to land, so as not to startle the ayikran.  As they flared for landing all of the the aysamsiyu who saw Mo'at in the left seat had surprised looks on their faces. But none were more surprised than Jake and Neytiri.  With the ship on the ground and the engines off, Mo'at turned to Tai and said, "That was VERY interesting My Tai.  Now I have flown in a ThunderShip, and I have seen Eywa's creation and now I have flown a kunsìp.  Not bad for a Koakte, an old woman, such as myself."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

150)~"You are only as old as you believe you are, Ma Tsahik."  said Tai.  With a sly grin, Mo'at replied, "Every morning, my aching joints tell me I am ancient, but when ma oeyä Krekori puts his arm around my waist, I feel young, 'ewan again."  Krekorki had hopped out and was helping Mo'at down from her seat.  With a wry smile he said, "It is no coincidence that Mowan, (desire) rhythms with Ewan (young!)   Mo'at leapt from her seat and he caught her by the waist and brought her gently to the ground.  The look in her eye was a reprimand but her smile betrayed her. They exchanged a quick peck of a kiss, and she avoided eye contact with the others for a moment, but was smiling, none-the-less.
  But the silliness vanished as soon as they all walked along the footpath underneath the quite canopy of the huge tree in the center of  the Ramunong Ayvitral, the Well of Souls.  The "supplicants" were lead to sit with their ayeyktan sì aysahik. Mo'at and Neytiri  flanked Alekxsi.  "Neytiri whispered, "Srake ngaru alakxsi, Alekxsi?" (Yes/No, you re rady Alekxsi?)   She knew that Alexandra was nervous and wanted to lighten up the mood a bit.  Mo'at smiled.   Moat and Neytiri never failed to use the endearment each day that they had spent with the humon woman.  It was a silly endearment, but also served to remind them, Alekxsi was Alekxsi, though she reminded them so much of Sylwanin.  Alekxsi, however, was so overwhelmed with emotion that she she could only nod.
  The pilots and personnel of Hidden Base were among the Olo' Zongsteng Alor, Ateyo had her orphans around her, the personnel of the Blue Heart Gate were grouped with the Omatikaya.  The other ayeyktan sì aysahik positioned themselves in close proximity of those meolo' (two clans), knowing that their influence would be upon their neighboring clans and ayengä mipa olo' ayhapitu. (their new members). It was a much smaller, more intimate group than before.  Each Na'vi and Avatar made their connection with the great Mother through ayswin. their neural connections that emanated from their braided hair.
  Someone started to hum a simple melody, the notes were calming and soothing, and helped each person to focus inward.  Mo'ats voice reminded them all to quiet the voices in their heads, to relax and allow Eywa to speak to their hearts.  It didn't occur to the ayhumon that they were comprehending each word, though Mo'at was speaking in Na'vi only.  Mo'ats voice was guiding them to open themselves to Ewya. To allow themselves to realize that they were all a part of Her Creation. That all are interwoven, each person to Eywa, each person to the other, an enormous tapestry of all creatures, and stars, and lightness and darkness.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

151)~Mo'at could her her own voice chanting Eywa]Oe 'ia Eywa Oe  'ia Eywa  (I lose myself spiritually in Eywa) Oe 'ia Eywa Oe  'ia Eywa    She could feel herself tumbling thought Eywa's magnificent Creation, the intense colors of nebulae filling her mind against the blackness.  From the center of her vision was radiant light, reaching out as the tendrils of the Tree of Souls.  She knew this was the glory of Eywa. She could sense her Her sister Tsahiks and their spouses, the Eyktans, in a circle around Ewya's energy.  A brilliant thick tendril emanated from each of them and extended outward. This radial pattern slowly twisted making a spiral, like a galaxy, like a spider web.  Instantly she understood how that hì'ang was the embodiment of Eywa's pattern.
  Connecting each heavy thread were the threads of each individual who lived on Eywa'eveng.  Spiraling upwards like the interior structure of the Kawma Ayutral, the GreatTrees.  Mo'at could see individual strands connecting across, joining, weaving.  Her vision then expanded dimension-ally.  She could see above and below the spiral, more like a glowing, diaphanous sphere created of delicate threads. She could follow individual threads if she chose.  She saw a glowing purple thread, connecting herself and Neytiri, Sylwanin's thread hovered just above, Ekutan's thread was nearby, joining with Sylwanin's and Neytiri's.  She followed this purple thread back through generations. She was aware of other souls being connected to this globe of interconnectedness.  She was observing double helixes splitting from one thread and joining these souls. She was immediately aware of the Na'vi ancestry of JakeSully, of Krekori, of Tai and Taifa'.  She caught a glimpse of Alekxsi's thread, dimly.  Suddenly Mo'at was aware that Ewya was providing her with a map, a guide to understanding how each uniltìrantokx was joined to the web of life.  She realized also that her days would be spent helping the ayuniltìrantokx trace their ancestries and learn their relations.  Ewya had provided her with a huge a responsibility, that nearly overwhelmed her. But she was soon relieved to know that this task would be shared with all the aysahik ulte ayeyktan.   The Ayuniltìrantokx yearned to SEE, KNEW they fitted into this pattern.
 Mo'at realized that her arms were  tired.  She didn't realize that her arms had been raised above her head, encompassing the huge glowing sphere of energy that Ewya had revealed.  Enthralled, she lingered, afraid to release the connection. Yet Eywa consoled her child.
"Put down the ball, Mo'atsyìp, we can play any time you wish!" Keeping her eyes closed, and smiling to herself, she pressed her hands together, compacting the sphere into a tiny ball, happy that she could explore it later.  Quietly she thanked Ewya for this immense privalege.  She thought her vision would end there, but the vision changed radically.  MERCY she heard the plea. MERCY and she knew the petition was nearby.  She searched and found the source of the plea.  A puny, naked, miserable humon was sitting on the threshhold of the Well of Souls. This was a real time urgent vision.  The Tutan was crying for MERCY from Eywa and from his unseen pursuers.  Mo'ats attention was turned towards Tai and Taifa' and the pilots of the Hidden Base. She felt or SAW Tai's reaction.  Tai had also heard the plea. Apparently, so had everyone in the Well.  She felt the connection to all the Soul's lighten and lift, though still remained connected. All eyes turned toward the very same spot.  Self consciously, the emaciated, scratched and bleeding humon revealed himself. MERCY.
  "Za'u, Ma Stxongyu. Come, Stranger." Wincing in pain, the Stranger made his way down the long spiral path that lead to the bottom of the Well of Souls.  Fear filled his soul.  He trembled violently and fell to his knees, whimpering at the far edge of the canopy.  "Za'u nìpprrte' Ma Stxongyu. Come, pleasurably, Stranger. No harm will come to you here."  Tai and Alekxsi exchanged thoughts of wonderment.  Had Alekxsi not possed this very situation just yesterday to Tai?  The man came to his feet, covering his nakedness with his hands until someone offered him a soft mat to wrap around his nakedness.  Past rows and rows of seated Na'vi he walked.  Deliberately and slowly he walked down the long aisle to where Mo'at stood, feeling all eyes upon him.  He had been afraid of reprisals and of hatred, but he felt only love. Bewildered, he came to stand before the imposing figure of Mo'at.  He gazed upwards into those Golden Eyes. MERCY was the only thing he could think of before he collapsed in a heap at Mo'at's feet.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

152)~Alexandra let the words flow around her.  She wasn't trying to decipher the meanings, she simply knew.  Mo'ats voice was such a comfort to her ear, to her mind, heart, and soul.  Soothing like a heartbeat, a muffled heartbeat, enveloping her in warmth and security. She felt loved. She felt love embuing her like a violet and purple light, pulsing from her own heart and filling the Well. It seemed to her that Ewya had shaken the stars from her wet hair and sparkling lights twinkled all around her.  Her soul was delighting in this sensation, of sunlight sparkling on water, the soft rhythmic splash of the paddle on the water, the buoyancy of the canoe, of herself suspended in time.  Somewhere in the distance she could hear Ateyo's voice singing of Ewya's creation. The sparkling waters of  the lagoon were like the twinkling stars of the night sky.  The purple light filled her mind.  The Na'vi woman paddling the canoe smiled at her as she pulled it from the water, onto the beach.  Sunlight glistened off her 'oma ta'leng, purple skin.  She recognized her own self as this Na'vi and knew she was her own Uniltìrantokx.  She was seated on the sand and her sister was rubbing and stroking her back.  Her older sister Sylvanin!  This was perplexing, but not startling.  Sylanin's laughter bubbled in her mind. Alekxsi was flanked on her other side by Ateyo, who was singing her lullabye.  Her brother then appeared and took her hands and drew her to her feet.  Her brother was tall and strong like Tai and looked like a twin to Tai's avatar, yet in glowing purple skin.  Oeyä tsmukan?  My Brother? She was perplexed once again and pulled away just enough to gaze upon Tai's face, but her vision was blurred.  It wasn't Tai at all.  It was her own yawnetu, beloved, who came to seek her out across time and space.  She couldn't see his face but could hear his heart pounding for her.  She was not alarmed to experience mowan, desire.  He had found her and her heart was filled with peace, and joy, and lovingness. Pleasant sensations filled her soul.   Slowly she became aware that she was seated the Well of Souls.  She had no more answers than she before, but she felt at peace, understanding that her life was interwoven with the lives of all that come before her and all that would come after,and that it was not even necessary to try to figure out who and where and when and why.  She only knew that she was part of this interwoven tapestry and she was filled with calmness and certainty.
  From another part of her mind, she perceived an undercurrent of fear and hatred.  It wasn't hers. But it was intruding upon her serenity.  MERCY. This was unsettling.  Without breaking her trance state she opened her eyes.  She could hear Mo'at speaking. And she was aware of someone approaching the altar were they all sat.  A stranger, a naked humon approached.  She didn't think her eyes were open but she could see him.  And her heart was filled with both revulsion and pity. MERCY. And she recognized the scenario that she had described to Tai the previous day.  She knew that his appearance was a test, not only for Tai, but all the children of 'Eywa.

153~Ateyo was aware of her orphans. Each one of them were floating without direction, each was calling out in fear and pain, she could sense their desperation.  She started singing her lullabye though she couldn't remember the words.  Se tossed her tswin like a vine for the children to catch, but there were too many.  She kept crooning her lullabye, drawing them close to her. Each child floated towards her tswin which was growing longer and longer.   Each child let the delicate tendrils of their awswin interweave with Ateyo's, which was now glowing like the delicate tendrils which were suspended from the Tree of Souls. She was afraid that she would not catch them all, but a voice assured her that Eywa was holding them each and all, in her two arms.  Immediately Ateyo felt relief as she heard Eywa's voice singing, reminding her that she too was held in Eywa's arms.  Ateyo was the orphan being nourished and cuddled.  She watched as her mother bent towards her to lift her up.  The face was familiar, but it was not Rini, the mother of Ikxeru.  She called to Rini, her adoptive mother,  "Peseng lu OeyäSa'anok?" (Where is MY mother?)  But Rini was crying and talking to another Na'vi woman, her sister,Pxelani, who was sobbing inconsolably into her hands. "Pelun lu Ma Rini? (Why Rini?)  Rini gazed to her adoptive daughter's  golden eyes, and her own eyes were filled with tears.  In an instant, she knew the Weeping Woman was her own Mother and watched as she experienced the Woman's despair as she placed a terrified girl child on this very spot in the Well of Souls. The child was herself, The Weeping Woman was her mother.  She could remember her own terror, her sense of abandonment. In the distance she could her her Mother's screams.  
  Ateyo pulled away from the memory.  With distress she gazed at Rini.  Ateyo noticed a purple filament of light that ran from Rini's heart to the Weeping Woman's heart. But the Weeping Woman. HAD NO TSWIN.  The idea of it shocked Ateyo, as she touched upon the horror of the Woman's memory. But all she wanted to do is console the Woman, her Lost Mother.  Ateyo tried to block the violence of Pxelani's memory but again and again she saw, felt, the terror of being grabbed up. She blocked all but the initial twinge of excruciating pain.  But Ateyo would not let go of the Weeping Woman. She could hear her young self crying. She could see herself from her mother's perspective at the edge of the Well of Souls.  She reached out her little hands but saw the Weeping Woman turn away.  She reached out her hand to the Weeping Woman by Rini's side.  This time her mother did not turn away.  This time she soothed her own mother who was begging forgiveness.  "Ngaytxoa! Rutxe. Oeru txoa livu, Ma Oeyä Ite'tsyIp!"  I'm sorry. Please forgive me, my little daughter. MERCY.
  Her Mother vanished from sight as Ateyo was jolted out of her vision.  MERCY. It was a man's voice. A humon's voice, weak and strained.  Ateyo opened her eyes and saw his scrawny figure at the top of the Well of Souls. In the exact same spot as Ateyo had seen her Mother those many years ago. MERCY. As the human stumbled forward she could feel nothing but loathing and disgust. It was a humon who had raped and discarded Pxelani, her mother. And who had then murdered her for is own convenience.  Who was this RDA scum who dared to enter this sacred ground begging for mercy?  She couldn't bear to think of it.  She disconnected her tswin from Mother Ewya, ashamed of her hatred, but defiantly clinging to it. Ateyo curled up into a ball and built a shelter around her soul, thick as hammerhead beast hide.  She wanted no part of this humon

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

154)~ Upwards Upwards Across the  blue sky Nefä, Nefä  Kxämla taw Aean  Upwards Upwards Through the  blue skies  
Tai was absolutely loving the sensation of flying an ikran.  She could feel the power of the beast pushing the air beneath its wings.  She was in flight formation with her fellow pilots, all of whom who were in Blue Skin.  She didn't feel that there was a specific mission, she and others simply needed to experience the exhilaration.  She flew Nefä, Nefä to the edge of the sky,  where blackness of space meets the compact  Pandoran atmosphere. No. That wasn't right. She must be confusing a lefngapa, a metal, ikran with a flesh and blood ikran.  So instead her squadron flew their formation over the sparkling sea.  She could feel the salt spray against her face, the tsawke warm between her shoulder blades.  Sea creatures "Did gyre and gimbol in the wabe" she smiled to be quoting (Jaberwocky by Lewis Carroll).  Taifa'and Ka'alani were shouting AYDOLPHINS!  And a Red Painted Na'vi and her ikran squadron were meeting them in the sky.  But where was Ateyo?  This picture would not be complete without her Ateyotsyìp. MERCY.  confused she looked around.  All her pilots were also on the swivel, seeking the source of the cry.  Someone was in trouble and it was time to return.
  Tai was immediately aware that this cocoon of communal energy was being lifted away.  MERCY. And she located the source.  The bedraggled figure of a human was on the lip of the Well of Souls. He was pretty torn up and naked as the day he was born.  Wait.  This was an RDA Vrrtep!  Who knew the senseless killings he had committed?  And yet HE was crying for mercy?  Bitterness and anger filled her heart.  Suddenly she was aware of Ateyo by her side.  Her energy was screaming like a ball of lightning.  She experienced a jolt as Ateyo disconnected her tswin from the loving energy of the Mother.  Why did she do that?  Tai pulled Ateyo closer to her side and wrapped her tail around Ateyo's waist.  What had caused such a violent reaction?  Tenderly she stroked her shoulder, stroked her head and her long tswin.  She was grateful that Ateyo allowed her to take her tswin and carefully place it against the moss.  Of its own accord, the tendrils sought out the comfort of the Great Mother.  Tai felt guilt ridden that she hadn't been been present with Ateyo. She had been powerless to prevent her pain.  She wanted to avenge her distress. MERCY  She could hear own voice just yesterday.
  "I have many wise words to consider.  My first thoughts on this are: suppose there was one who for eight years has tried to get out from the group he is in.  But was terrified to surrender, thinking that we would surely kill him in a fit of rage.  If I were to kill him, even if not in anger, his last thoughts would be that his fears about us were right."
Mo'at spoke.  "It is well that you are willing to consider these questions, Ma Tai.  It is this mindset that differentiates you between a warrior and a killer."
  Tai could also hear JakeSully saying, "Remember Tai.  We were once RDA as well."
She turned her attention once more to Ateyo.  Eywa reminded Tai that SHE was holding each and everyone in her arms.  There weren't any words, only entire concepts impressed upon her mind and her heart.  She felt Ateyo relaxing and was aware of a sequence of relaxation coming from each of the orphans who seemed to be clinging to Ateyo's energy.  She wondered again, what could have caused such a violent reaction.  She was now aware of Eyktan Ikeru's energy and Tsahik Meykir's energy stretching forth. And she felt their hands upon her arm and Ateyo's back. She could hear Ikxeru telling her, "Do not be afraid for Ateyo, Ma Tai.  She finally has learned about her mother, who was my aunt, apparently. And there was some very harsh things she had to absorb.  Eywa had hidden this from her for many years.  But Eywa also knows that Ateyo is ready to know this.  I will share more with you at another time."
  "Mawey, ma oeya 'Evi." (Be calm, my kids.)   Tai wasn't sure if it was Eywa's voice or Ateyo's.  But at last she was uncurling.  Tai's impression was of an armadillo uncurling or a box turtle peeking out from its shell.  "Is everyone all right? That was pretty scary wasn't it?  But Eywa caught us in her arms.  I got scared.  "Ngaytxoa, Ma 'Evi." I'm sorry, Kids" Ateyo's voice sounded shaken.
   "If you can't be strong, Eywa will always be strong for you, Ma Yawnetu." Tai could feel Mo'at and JakeSully and Neytiri summoning her towards them.  Ateyo allowed Tai to release her grip and straighten up.  Mentally she gathered her 'Evi towards her and sang them her lullabye in her mind.  She was satisfied to let Tai and the others deal with the hated humon.
Eyktan Ikxeru's voice was heard in Tai's ear or in her head, "Ma Tai, you are needed as Eyktan of Hidden Base.  Go now. Ateyo will be alright."  Tai gave Ateyo one last squeeze and reminded her that she was safe and she, Tai, would soon return. Then she turned her attention to the alter and to the RDA vrr,,, humon.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

155)~Tai opened her eyes and met Mo'at eyes.  Mo'at nodded to her and beckoned again, though never said a word. Yet there was movement behind her.  She looked over her shoulder and met Eyktan Ikxeru's eyes. He nodded gravely, broke tseheylu of his tswin to the moss, and got to his feet.  Ikxeru tapped Taifa' on the shoulder and he got up also. With hand signals, Tai told her pilots to remain where they were.  Norm and Jake were already positioned near Mo'at.  Taifa', Tai and Ikxeru positioned themselves behind Mo'at. Tai gave Alekxsi a hug as they exchanged places.  Alekxsi simply perceived that her energy as a healer was needed by Ateyo and her 'evi.  She had not been subjected to Ateyo's vision or memories yet felt the disruption in the energy flow.  She knew that Tai needed to be focused on the Stranger.  The other ayektan si aysahik were seated in a rough semicircle surrounding the man. The New Initiates were situated around them, all curious to learn what would happen, yet not daring to move or disrupt the drama that was unfolding, or to interrupt the bond of tsaheylu with Eywa that the Na'vi had achieved. The ayevenge, the children, were subdued and quieted by Ateyo, Alekxsi, Ka'alani, and others sympathetic to their distress.
  "Ma Stxongyu." said Mo'at in her imposing tone. "No harm will come to you here. You have petitioned for mercy, and Eywa seems to have granted you that. You are fortunate that we had discussed this very possibility just yesterday.  It seems that Eywa wanted to prepare us to meet you.  Otherwise, these two would have played catch with you for sport." She turned and gave a grave smile to Tai and Taifa', as if to remind them to behave themselves. She turned again to the Stranger, fixed him with her gaze and said in her imperious tone,
"Who are you and what are you called?"
   Through parched and cracked lips he said, "My name is Ted Demaria.  I am NOT a soldier.  I'm a radio technician that Quaritch grabbed eight years ago and forced me into service."   Mo'at's eyes pierced into his soul. "What are you doing here?"
  "I've been wanting to get away from them since the beginning.  But I couldn't take a leak without an armed guard, (begging your pardon, Ma'am).  They wanted to keep me around because I could scramble signals." JakeSully turned to Mo'at and interpreted the meaning as secret messages. "I didn't like what they were doing to you guys, 'cause you are pretty peaceful, all and all.  They pretty much agree that the RDA is defeated. But they is too filled with hatred to back down.  I guess they are expecting the RDA to mount a rescue party.  But you Rebel Guys were getting too close for comfort so we joined with another unit even further away from Hell's Gate."
Alekxsi borrowed Ateyo's water gourd and poured the man a drink, which she handed to Mo'at. Mo'at took a small sip and held the cup in her hands, "What do you mean Another Unit?"
  Before he could answer JakeSully said, "Cut to the chase, Guy. How many are you?"
"I think there is only twenty-two left, NOT counting me, because I'd rather die than be among them. There was 27 of us eight months ago, but five suggested that we get peace talks going, and were immediately shot.  Eight of them are bloody KILLERS and the two commanders are f,,, (he censored himself) are LUNATICS.  The rest of us are too scared to leave."
  Tai then asked him, "Then how did you get out? How did you leave?"  
Six months ago one of the antennaes went on the blink.  I climbed up to the top with my bag of tools.  But my guard had to take a leak.  So he held his gun on me and backed up, and said, 'Don't even THINK of trying to escape 'cause I'll just shoot you.'  But he backed up and lost his footing, 'cause the antennae is on that rocky peak over there.  If the fall didn't break his neck, well, let's just say the Thantors ate well that evening.  I climbed down when I saw the Mama One drag off the carcass.  It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  If that Eywa goddess is real, then that was HER in action, because them Thanators was just watching me as I ran off. I just knew I had to find the Tree of Souls, because I figured that she hadn't killed me outright, so I figured I could be safe here and maybe you Blue people would take pity on me."
  As this speech tumbled from his mouth he never took his eyes off the cup of water that Mo'at held, and watched with dismay as one droplet lingered on the rim and trickled onto her slender blue fingers.  She stopped questioning him long enough to let him empty the cup three times, but held the fourth in her hands.
   Norm then asked him," Where's the rest of you guys, you torched a few villages about five years ago, then you stopped. Change of heart? his voice was dripping with sarcasm.
"Ask them Rebel Pilots, if you can find them."
JakeSully pointed out Tai and Taifa' and the Rebel Squadron.  "Oh these guys, you mean?  There on our side. I guess you could call the SKINS.  No one laughed at his oblique reference for choosing up teams but Ted nodded with a twitch to his face that might have been a grin. "They blasted them gunships out of the sky, blasted all the AMP suits on the ground and blasted all the ammo dumps.  I thought the commanders would let us go after that but the commanders, well they's a lunatics.  Eight months ago our rations got real low.  The commanders didn't want to use their precious ammo for hunting so a few of them learned how to make and use a bow.  Real RAMBO types.  But a lot of us died trying to find plants to eat.  There's lots of poisonous stuff out here. A bunch of them died trying to hunt, and five of us got shot dead for asking to negotiate peace.  I'm just lucky to be here."
  "What is lucky? Ma Txet?" Asked Mo'at.
  "I think he means blessed," blurted Mendllzong from the backgrond.  He had remained out of the proceedings until now.
  "Ma Txet, you should lie down." Mo'at was beginning to fear that he would soon collapse.  "You can tell us more later."
  "I will, I promise, Ma'am, but I've got to tell this." He drank more water and ate a piece of leftover yerik, that someone had brought that morning.  Ted Demaria continued. " The only thing I dared to eat was those peachy mango things but they given me the runs and I got real sick.  Well, a few weeks back I heard  these sonic booms and got close enough to Hell's Gate to see shuttles landing, but I didn't see one piece of military equipment. And nothing, NOTHING painted RDA.  I seen a lot of Avatars, though. If it was RDA I might've asked them for some food and sanctuary, but I didn't dare.  But I kept on moving towards where I thought the Tree of Souls was, instead.  Now last week I seen you guys come here, and even saw some humans here. But I was just too weak too and scared to do anything.  I thought I lost my chance and just lay down to die when I saw them choppers fly off. I just been very dizzy all the time. And sleeping. I found a trickle of water over on that wall, there.  But I felt peaceful here and safe. So I stayed here all week and waited. Figured I'd just a soon die here where its peaceful like."
 "OK Teddy. Just lay down like good boy and let's have a look." said Tai with concern.  Ted Demaria obliged, grateful that he had passed the first test.  He stretched out on the huge root that served as an altar, and as his spine rolled out along the living Tree he drifted off into a peaceful place in his heart, mind and soul. He felt safe.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

156)~"Mo'at raised her tswin in one hand and glanced at all the Na'vi and ayhumon before her. She glanced at the those who were sitting near the altar. They sat themselves with their backs against the huge Tree, overlooking the altar and the various clans gathered around. All who had tswin bonded with Eywa the Great Mother, and focused their attention inward.  Mo'at watched the pulse in Ted Demaria's throat and watched his eyes dance beneath his eyelids. She allowed her tswin to be connected with the mossy altar.  It twinkled and glowed beneath the reclining man.  She began chanting quietly, Oe 'ia  Eywa~Oe 'ia Eywa~Oe 'ia Eywa    She welcomed the tingling rush of Tsaheylu
  Ted Demaria was dreaming.  He felt so safe and comfortable.  Home. I'm finally home. He could hear himself thinking.  Maybe I'm already dead. Maybe if I open my eyes I will be in paradise. He could sense an angel hovering above him. Was it an angel? He was so tired. Why was the Angel Blue?  Ted Demaria tried to remember where he was, he tried to rouse himself from sleep.  He could see himself on a slab, a table, a sacrificial altar? No. He could hear a voice chanting, voices chanting.  He knew where he was.  He was under the Big Tree with the Blue People.  And the Blue Woman was praying? Over him? He didn't feel scared, but he didn't have the energy to feel curious.  He felt safe.  He knew he was home.
  Mo'at could hear herself speaking.  "I sense no evil in this humon. He does not yet have a Blue Heart, but his cup is empty.  He is very tired and needs nourishment. No more can I tell you, but I feel no danger from this tutan." This person.
 Mo'at could sense the tendrils rising from the moss, penetrating the skin near the base of his skull, could sense that Eywa was searching out  this humon; Poeyä ronsem  Poeya tirea. Poeyä txe'lan.
  Ted Demaria was experiencing acceptance. The energy was beckoning him, inviting him to ask questions.  Why do I feel so much at home with these Blue People?  We are Na'vi.
I could have been destroyed but I have been spared. Can I stay here? I feel so safe. Ted Demaria did not hear a thundering voice, did not see celestial figures or lightnings and smoke, but he understood this power. He was not afraid.
I want to stay here, I want to feel this acceptance, this balance.  What must I do? What must I learn to stay here?  
You must learn to live as Na'vi, to live in balance with all creation.Wanting only balance.
I can do this, Let me learn, I want to stay here and feel this security and acceptance. Teach me. I am willing.
No words were exchanged in this dialog. Only impressions of entire concepts. Ted Demaria realized that this exchange was being witnessed by every person seated in this Well. He could sense threads of light connecting him to everyone present, and could sense being connected to those who came before and those who would come after.  He could sense the moss and trees and the interconnectedness of seasons and he could visualize a soft cocoon of light wrapping around him. All the threads of consciousness were added to his cocoon.  He wanted this to go on and on. But he was hearing words now. He didn't recognize the words but he understood their meaning. Oel Ngati Kameie. I SEE you.  He understood. He was accepted.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

157)~"Oel Ngati Kameie." The Blue Woman with the golden eyes smiled down at him. How could anyone consider these beautiful people as anything but worthy? Mo'at sensed that tsaheyl   had been lifted.  The tendrils had retracted to the moss, back to Eywa.  Placing her hand beneath his neck, Mo'at gently lifted the man to a sitting position.  He was so tiny and frail.  It seemed to her that he was as light as atokirina' . It was an impression that she was not willing to overlook.  Did not Neytiri see ay'tokirina' alight upon JakeSully?
   "Ma frapo, ayngaru ayoeyä mipa tsmukanit alu Txett Temariah.
   Ted wished that he had learned more of the Na'vi language this past eight years.  He was vaguely aware that the Blue People were welcoming him. He didn't know exactly what Mo'at said to him, but he understood the meaning. "We are not finished here, but you may rest."  He allowed the giantess to lay him back down on the altar.  And when she laid her hand over his heart, he quickly and safely drifted into a deep and peaceful slumber.
   Mo'at watched the humon sleep. He was resting and she felt she needed to do the same. She turned to those seated behind the altar, and with a simple hand gesture indicated that she required to be seated.  Carefully she placed her tswin onto the mossy root that they were using like a bench.  Her Krekori and Neytiri each came to her side and attended her.  Just feeling their presence was a reassurance and a comfort.  She didn't have the energy to chant she simply thought the words and allowed the Great Mother to imbue her soul with sweet refreshment. Oe 'ia  Eywa~Oe 'ia Eywa~Oe 'ia Eywa    She welcomed the tingling rush of the Bonding. Tsaheylu.  Those who were newly acquainted with her thought she, too, was deep asleep. 
   Slowly, she allowed her mind to examine those around her.  Everyone was attentive to both herself and the sleeping Stranger-Brother.  Even all the ayhumon and evenge  were waiting with rapt attention.  She checked into the hearts of all the "initiates." She would learn their names eventually, but they all held True Blue Hearts. Eywa would would provide their names when and as she needed it. She could feel the eagerness and attentiveness of each one.  The children had a singed energy surrounding them.  It had to do with their identity as orphans.  Perhaps memories of the War with the RDA.  Ateyo had a darkness around her. That was unusual and troublesome. The darkness was affecting the children. In her mind, she soothed Ateyo, placed her hand upon Ateyo's heart, and promised to return at a later time to delve further into Ateyo's anxiousness.  She did likewise with Mekir and Ikxeru, who was connected with Rini, his mother, and Rini's sister from a time ago. Pxelani. How odd that her name rhymed with the humon Ka'alani. Mo'at was aware that these lives were connected across time and space with bright threads of light.  She would have to explore that later.  She turned her attention to Alekxsi.   The thread between the humon and herself was nearly as bright as that of herself and Neytiri.  That surpised her but did not alarm her.  In her mind she kissed the little humon on the forhead.  She almost let herself become distracted with following these threads of light. She knew she would come back to that later.
   She checked with her  the aysamsiyu both Na'vi and ayhumon.  All she could sense was a neutral energy. Varu was neutral, Eyktan Tsu'aku was neutral and somewhat positive.  The Colonel was relaxed and focused, even Tai and Taifa!  All the persons whom she anticipated as being negative toward the newcomer were neutral. Except Ateyo.  What was going on with Ateyo? She could sense Tai and Alekxsi, even Taifa' and Ka'alani to be wrapping Ateyo in comfort. She knew she would have to address this directly. But not now.
   Satisfied with her inquiries, she came back to herself. Slowly, she opened her eyes.  Txett, the mipa humon, was still deeply sleeping.  She could sense Eywa's presense lifting as each person became aware of themselves as individuals.  Everyone eyes were open and were gazing expectantly at her.  She had to consciously stir her energy upward to come to a standing position.  This was such a different experience from the other two times that she participated in the initiation of ayhumons.  There was no wild exhilaration, but a profound sense of calm filled the air.
   "Ma oeya aysmukan si aysmuke,  For many of you this experience opened more questions than even I anticipated. If we stayed here long enough to pursue each and every question, we would never eat or sleep! The first two moons are visible from here and I know our ayuniltìrantokx must return their spirits to their ayhumontokx before four moons have risen.  I know that I am hungry and I know that Ma Taifa' is hungry, because I can hear his stomach growling from where I stand!"  Everyone chuckled quietly, grateful for the break. "In the days to come, you will wish to join your aysahik individually or in small groups to answer the questions in your hearts. 
   We will need some more floor space in the lefngapa ikran for our new brother! Could some of the aysamsiyu offer rides to our evenge? And could someone carry... "but Taifa' had already gathered Ted into his arms.  She was grateful also, that her Krekori swept her off her feet and carried her out of the Well of Souls.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

158) "HomeTree in sight, ten minutes out." Tai looked over at Ateyo in the left seat and nodded her head over her left shoulder towards Ted.  Ateyo glanced at Taifa' who gave her the thumbs up. "Him's OK." As a matter of fact, Ted was nervously enjoying the flight in one of the aircraft that had gunned down one of the last RDA ships flying.  Ikxeru handed Ted a couple more pieces of yerik to eat, and in English said. "You must to rebuild your strength."  
Ted gratefully took the pieces and replied with one of the few words in Na'vi that he knew. "Irayo!"  
  Ateyo watched the man through narrowed eyes.  She was grateful that Mo'at suggested she sit up front with Tai.  Seeing the scrawny humon moments after realizing that an RDA man had murdered her mother, did nothing to endear him to her. She certainly did not want to sit on the floor next to him.  She felt the revulsion stick in her throat.    She knew that she was being irrational.  He would have to be twenty years older than she  to be her male progenitor.   THAT miserable human did not deserve to be called father. This man looked sickly and thin, but not like a koaktan.  She hadn't experienced such anger, disgust, and hatred in her life.  Ted Demaria looked up and caught her eye. She burned a hole in him with her eyes.  Her hatred and distrust raged like a fire from her heart.  She was pleased to see that he actually winced from her gaze.
  It was then that she realized that Mo'at was watching her.  Mo'at used her intercom to speak, but her words rang in her ears.  "Ma Ateyo, nìltsan 'evi amaktohu aytaronyu mìayikran.  You present a bad example."  Ateyo met Mo'at's eyes but only briefly.  There was no staring down of the Great Mo'at.
  "Oeru txoa livu, Ma Mo'at."   She knew that Mo'at wanted her to apologize to him, but she found no forgiveness in her heart.  As she turned away, she noticed that Mo'at was patting the man on the knee.  HE was getting support from Mo'at, but it was HER mother that was murdered.  She didn't even have the chance to mourn her loss, didn't have enough time to be with her because HE showed up.  Ateyo's eyes burned with rage, and self-pity, though she would never have admitted to that.  She could hear Mo'at in her ear.   "Nawma Sa'nok kame fì'po txe'lan. Oel ke kame kxawng mi fìpo txe'lan. Srak, nga tìng txanslusam nì'ul Ngeyä Nawma Sa'nok??"
  Ateyo stared at her fists on her knees and grudgingly realized that Mo'at had a point.  "Kehe, Ma Mo'at.  Oe lu ke slasam tsnì Eywa." But the Great Mother just showed me how MY mother was murdered by an RDA humon.  I want nothing to do with him."
  Tai was aware that she was sitting next to a powder keg, but was concentrating on a night landing at the moment.  Actually, she was quite overwhelmed at the ferocity emanating from her sweet little Ateyo. She wanted to say something, but found that Mo'at was speaking to her once again.  "Ma Ateyo, it is not good for you to harbor hatred in your heart.  You know that this man did not murder your mother. Once he is settled, we will take a walk.  My Tai, would you come with us?"
  "Srane, Ma Mo'at. I only ask a moment to speak with Demaria."  She was concentrating on getting the chopper safely on the ground.  Once she flipped off the switches, she turned to Mo'at who regarded her solemnly with those intense golden eyes.  "Srane, Ma Tai.  Ma Ateyol sì oel lu pey ngati  She told Krekori and Taifa' where to take Ted Demaria  asked if they could do that once Tai had spoken with him.  Krekori helped her get down and watched awkwardly as she walked towards Ateyo with a determined step.
  With the leadership of the Omatikaya disembarked, Tai gave Ateyo a quick hug and reminded her. "When you cannot be strong, Eywa will be strong for you.  Go with Mo'at, she is waiting for you."  Tai then squeezed her eleven foot tall body between the pilot's seat and the newly vacated co-pilots seat.  She sat herself cross-legged on Ted Demaria's right side and took his hand.  "Oe lu Major TaiTaeAo, of the Rebel forces.  I want to speak with you for a moment." She waited to get an anxious nod from him.  JakeSully, Neytiri, Taifa' and Kalani, Krekori Mendllzong, who all stood at a respectful distance from the open door of the chopper, anxiously wondering how the encounter would go.
  Ted Demaria allowed Tai to shake his hand, and listened attentively as the tough Blue Woman spoke softly to him.  "The Na'vi Woman who stared at you so violently, is an orphan.  And she cares of the kids who were orphaned at the Attack of the Omatikaya HomeTree. A while ago, at the Well of Souls, Ewya revealed to her that her own mother was murdered by an RDA miner, years before you ever set foot on this moon.  She "saw" her mother murdered moments before you arrived. She's pretty shaken. And I guess you are the target of her hatred, for now.  That woman is my muntxatu, my spouse. Are you cool with that?"
 Ted nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm cool with that.  I wondered why she was staring daggers at me.  That explains it.  Poor thing. Guess I showed up at the wrong time."
  "Kehe. No, you showed up when you needed to show up.  Ewya will help her through this and so will all her friends. She can't hate you for ever, it's not in her being.  Once we get past this and you get to know her, you will find that she is a very loving person with a compassionate heart and a wicked sense of fun.  She just needs time to mourn the loss of her mother, and right now, you seem to represent every RDA guy that ever existed."
  Ted looked perplexed and somewhat wounded.  "How ironic. Guys like that are why I HATED the RDA. Wait." His eyes searched his memory. "You are not Na'vi, you are an Avatar!"
  "Yeah, but in my humon tokx, um, body, my kunsìp squadron shot down the last of your, well, the RDA's last choppers and AMP suits.  And I was one of the ships that broke away from the formation at the Attack on the Well of Souls.  I watched a fine rebel pilot go down,,,"
  "Trudy Chacon?"
   "Yeah, she's the one. But I have managed to pull it together without blaming you personally for her death.  I will do all I can to help Ateyo not blame you for her mother's death. Now, you try to get some rest, I need to talk with Ateyo and Mo'at."  She shook Ted's hand again and he said, "Thanks for having this talk with me, Major. I'll rest better knowing why she's upset." Tai loosened her grip but he held onto her large blue hand. "And Major. Thanks for shooting them rat bastards."  She patted him on the shoulder as she climbed out of the ship and said to the others. "He's all yours."  With that she walked towards Mo'at and Ateyo and noticed that Ikxeru and Meykir were also talking with her.
 Ateyo turned towards Tai and buried her face into Tai's belly, sobbing. "Tam Tam. Tam Tam. Mewey, Ma Oeya Yawnetu."  

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

159)~Ateyo was so upset that she didn't even notice the syuratan beauty of the twinkling jungle around her.  She felt safe in Tai's arms but for once, she wished Tai was in her humon body so that she could sob on her shoulder rather than her belly. She could hear Ikxeru relaying the story once again.  But this time she realized his loss as well.  Rini was his Aunt.  She wondered if he ever knew her and wondered why no one had ever mentioned her. How could she have never known? How can you hide anything if you all have ayswin?  She wondered how much information had been withheld from her in an effort to "protect" her.  She wondered why she felt so lonely with everyone around. She was wondering how much each of  her children knew or remembered about the death of their parents.  They used to constantly have nightmares.  Suddenly Ateyo stopped blubbering and stood up straight.  "Peseng lu Ma oeya 'Evi?"  
  Meykir stroked Ateyo's back, she still had a grip on Tai.  "They are safe.  Meykir'ite is watching them again.  When you are ready they want to see that you are alright.  They are all concerned for you and a little bit frightened." Ateyo realized how selfish and self-indulgent her tears had been.  With resolve she said, "I should not cry. I should be strong for Ma Oeyä evenge."
  Mo'at gently peeled Ateyo away from Tai and looked at her deeply.  "Ma Ateyo. There is no shame in mourning the loss of your mother. Poe lu muntxatu te oeya tsmuke.We all agreed not to distress you, and the memories are gruesome.  But Eywa decided to reveal this to you now.  We don't know how much of your vision the evenge saw. Kxawm,  you are the best person to help them through their own fears and memories."
  Ateyo dropped her gaze and glanced in the direction of the HomeTree, wondering about her children. But Mo'at was not finished yet.  "It is NOT honorable to blame the Stranger for murdering your mother.  And it is NOT honorable to hold hatred in your stomach. It will make you sick. You must ask Eywa to teach you to see clearly.  Hatred blinds the heart. You cannot KAME  what Eywa reveals to you with anger inside."  Ateyo hung her head in shame, but Mo'at gently lifted her chin and gazed down at her.  "Kefyak, Ma Ateyo?"
  "Perhaps it was not wise for us to keep this information from you. Perhaps we didn't listen to Eywa, either, about this.  But it seems clear that she presented this to you now, with the children present. Tse kxawm,   she has chosen you to help ngeyä ayorfan    Nga omum?"    Ateyo nodded her head slowly. 
   "Come on then, let's wash your snotty face and get something to eat."
    Ateyo was child-sized and sometimes resented that.  But for now, she was grateful to take the hands of both Mo'at and Tai and let them guide her to the great room of the Omatikaya Kelutral.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

160)~"Ateyo is back! Ateyo is Back! Are you OK? Why were you crying Ateyo? We were  scared. Were you scared?"   Ateyo was swarmed by the concerned children.  They were careful not to jump on her, but they each wanted to hold her hand. If it weren't for the seriousness of the situation, it would have been funny to see the clump of children all shuffling to the log where they all decided to sit. Alekxsi, Ka'alani, Meykir'ite even the aytaronyu  were helping to care for the children in Ateyo's absense.  Most had been distracted by the excitement of getting an ikran ride, but now they all wanted to be close to their 'eylan si karyu.  friend and teacher  Meykir'ite noticed Ateyo's tear-stained and swollen face.  She wrung out a blue washcloth and offered it to her.  But then, much to the amusement of the  ayevenge , she washed Ateyo's face as she would a child.  It embarrassed Ateyo to be treated in such a manner, but it made the children chortle and giggle.  And it was such a pleasure to hear them laugh. So she played it up exaggerating her aykeyrel,  just to hear them laugh some more. But she kept hearing PELUN? PELUN? and she knew she had to share.
   "Au, Ma Oeya Evenge.  Ayoenga lu ayorfan.   Oe lu orfan.    Always and always I asked Eywa WHO IS MY MOTHER?  Always and always I got no reply.  But this time, I learned who my mother was, and I also learned how she died.  It was very, very sad.  And I got scared and I cried."
   One of the 'evi, Istaw explained, "Sran, Ateyo curled up into rum,  like this."   He imitated her process.
   "Did it make you scared to see me like that? Does it scare you when ayfyeyntu  get scared?"  She realized that it was a given.  The person who provided stability was now a quivering mass of tears. Of course they were scared.
   "I learned a very important lesson today.  Do you know what I learned?"
   "KEHE, KEHE! Tell us Ateyo."
   "I learned that no matter how alone I am I always have Ewya to love me and be strong for me.  And do you know what else I learned?"
    "Kehe. Tell us!"
   " I always have ma ayevi to love me."
Pxeypi, took Ateyo's face in her little hands and she said what every child felt. "We all love you Ateyo."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

161)~ Ted Demaria was startled from slumber when he felt his wrist being raised to check his pulse.  He opened his eyes, hoping to find a pretty nurse at his bedside.  Instead, a nearly naked giant Blue Man was taking his pulse. And he had a Yiddish accent!
  "Relax, I'm a Doctor." said Krekori MendllZong.  "I vas a Doktor mit RDA for many years. My name is Gregory Mendelson. Slä oeru syaw  Krekori Mendllzong!"
  "Oh! You're an Avatar!  I thought I was having a nightmare."
  "Jah, I hear that a lot!" joked Krekori.
  "Hey Doc, how long have I been out of it?" asked Ted.
  "Vell you missed out on all the festivities. Though ve kept it kind of qviet for you.  I'd say about three hours. But you been in and out of consciousness since I first met you.  That was about six hours ago."
  "At the Big Tree?"  
  "Jah, the Vell of Souls" Krekori didn't feel obliged to check his thick Yiddish accent.  He was rather enjoying himself.
  "Pefya lu 'efu ?"  Asked Krekori while he had the man lucid and talking.
  "That means HOW DO YOU FEEL, right?" I haven't heard much Na'vi since I quit the Listening Post. I feel awake but weak as a kitten."
  "Vel, you let me know if you need anyting, I'll be nearby."
  "One thing, Doc. If you see that pint size Na'vi woman. Tell her that I am very sorry that a human killed her mother.  But tell her I didn't do it. Honest."
  "Give her a few days.  She'll come around.  She's a svell kid!"
  "Ngari txe'lan mawey livu," came a familiar voice from the back of the room.
   Gregory introduced Ted to Mo'at. "Fìtute lu oeyä muntxatu, Mo'at".
   "Oh! You are married to the Blue Angel! Smon Niprrte!" He smiled tiredly at the now familiar voice. Mo'at smiled when she realized that the man spoke some Na'vi.
   " 'Efu ohakx?Srak?You look so thin."  Mo'at was very concerned for his health but Gregory realized that the man couldn't handle solid food too well. He touched Mo'ats arm so that she would understand that he was speaking to her as well as Ted.
   "Set ngaru hivahaw ko.  We will bring you some broth later."