ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

200)~It was already twilight when everyone reached the kelutral. The Peng Hrrap plants were herded into the central area, giving off a bright glow because of the collective energy of those preparing food.  It was decided that small meals should be prepared rather than try to roast entire carcasses of meat. Cooking pots were set up, each emyu, cook, received as much meat as was needed for the meals they each cooked.  Tsahik Meykir planned a savory stew from the ayriki, stingbats, that Ateyo had hunted. Others roasted small chunks of fwampop, tapirus, over coals.  Secret stores of special ingredients were produced and sometimes shared.  Ateyo had procured a fair amount of ayteylu on the walk home.  In fact, every child she had ever taught, each filled their ayteylu baskets for their respective families. Pxepxi and Kofi each made certain that Ateyo was aware that they were holding up their end of the bargain.  "Ma Ateyo!  Can you paint my rikiyä aytsyal, stingbat wings, nìeana ikran?" like a blue/green ikran?
"um? Skxakep!  Slä ayoeng zene run, kllpxiwll sì fwäkìwll, fwä ngop ayopin" Probably but we must find ground-sharp plant and mantis plants to create colors.
Already, Ateyo was mapping out a learning expedition for her ayevi and her aynumeyu, her kids and her learners. She was already certain that Tsapra would be joining the expedition at Melvin's side. She wondered abstractly, whether he was too old for her, and wondered also whether or when, she would have to address Pxepxi's future attractions. She wondered how that relation would develop.   It might be fun to see!
   While eating nìyll, communally, the conversation turned toward the upcoming excursion to the Blue Heart Gate.  Eight Blue Bodies would be claimed: four for the Olo'Txìkx-txìpxen and four for the Eastern Sea Clan.  Kxeyo was dissappointed to learn that Txianna was not among the Blue Bodies, but they both stated their intentions.  Small body and face mask, not withstanding, they both agreed that they were meant for each other.
   Tai recalled that the Red Painted Eyktan of the Eastern Sea Clan had invited them all for a visit, and wondered if this would be a good occasion.  "Ma Tai, that is  txantsana tìmok", a wonderful suggestion, said Eyktan Ikxeru.  Let's plan on spending a number of days with their clan on the beach!  An excited discussion ensued of what to pack and how to transport so many people. 
   "Have all the ayhumon been approved by Eywa for their Blue Bodies?" asked Kxeyo's mother, Lìnga Rìk.
   "Srane, Ma Tsmuke." answeredTsahik Meykir.  "Slä, no one from this Olo' even NEEDS to be there, and no one NEEDS to go to the Well of Souls for Approval.  It just seems like an exciting event and a chance to visit with other clans.  Ayoengä ayuniltirìantokx fivrrfen Our DreamWalkers want to visit Txampay, the Ocean."
"Kä tìsop KO" shouted the ayevi!  Let's go on a journey!"
  Tai still had the dragon, so she could carry at least a dozen Na'vi and the rest would begin their ikran journey at first light. At the end of the meal, Kxeyo took up the Do Not Disturb staff in one hand, and his lovely bride to be in the other hand and lead the way to the slär, the cave where the Kava was kept.  Ateyo admonished them loudly to stir the Kava often because it would be neglected while they were at the beach.  "Sran Mllte'." Yes, agreed! said Kxeyo as he and Txianna walked down the trail arm in arm. "But don't leave without us!" shouted Txianna.
"Daybreak!" shouted Tsahik Meykir. "Don't OVER SLEEP!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

201)~Everyone waved to the ikran flyers as they launched into the twilight sky. "Makto Zong!" Ride safely.   It was very unusual for ayikrans to be requested to fly in darkness. But their wings gave off an amazing irridescent glow as they soared off in formation. The riders knew they should have timed this better, they had skipped the meal at the Olo' Zongsteng Alor, simply trusting that the Dark Lake clan would feed them instead.  Eyktan Ikxeru cautioned them to fly safely, feeling embarrased for not scheduling the day's events more carefully.
   "Tìrey yol lu nìhawng fte fko 'ivefu keftxo talun frakxeyey ahì'i, Ma Oeyä Muntatu. murmured Tsahik Meykir to her husband" Life is too short to be unhappy because of every small mistake, my Spouse.  Our riders are experienced.  It is a necessary thing.   They will rest well tonight.  They will be expected there, even at this late time of night. "Skxakep, Niyprrte' syuratan te na'ringil. Livu txan alor a txon!" Probably, they will be enjoying the bioluminesct forest! It would be very beautiful."
   Eyktan Ikxeru clasped his muntxate to his side and stole a little kiss. "Oel ei'ok" He murmured in reply.  I remember well.  He also thought the the youngsters shouldn't be the only ones to enjoy Stirring the Kava.  As they retumed to the communal eating area of their kelutral, he mentioned this as a promise, causing his wife to blush.  They both knew there would be other things demanding their attention before hand, but they also both knew that the introductions of Blue Bodies was a finite matter.  They would have their turn to Stir the Kava! 
   The evening meal was less boisterous with all the young hunters away.  The Avatar pilots were sitting together elbowing each other and laughing.
   "What is APPROACH LIGHTS, MA TAI?!"  Little Kofi  had overheard their conversation but didn't understand.
Major Tai decided to use her fledgling Na'vi speaking skills; "Fya'o Atan, a  lefngapa ayikran" path of lights for metal ikrans. "Tse'a a taw" to see from the sky.
Janet was laughing. "I said that we could use Fringed Lamp plants for our landing field!"
"Peng Hrrap!" exclaimed Kofi.  He got the idea right away.  Any phrase having to do with lefngapa ikran, he immediately learned, such as LANDING FIELD and APPPROACH LIGHTS
"I didn't know that ikrans can fly at night." said Ka'alani.
"Tse, Ke omum  lefgnapa ayikran tsun tswayon mì txon!"  Well I didn't know that metal ikrans can fly at night, joked Eyktan Ikxeru.  He surmized they could, since hearing the mention of APPROACH LIGHTS.
   "Nìwotx ayoeng tswiyeron,Fìtxon!" We could all fly in the lefngapa ikran, tonight!" blurted little Kofi.  The idea was immediately dismissed.  No one from the other kelutrals would be expecting choppers and flood lights at night.  It might alarm them and scatter the ayfa'li and cause mayhem.  Kofi was disappointed, of course, though he grudgingly admitted that others might not find the scene delightful.
   "Besides, Ma Txianna sì ma Kxeyo would be left behind!" announced Pxepxi.  All eyes turned to the eight year old child.  She was right, of course. Tsahik observed solemnly, "That child will be a handful when she reaches the age of maturity,  Ateyo."  She noticed her own Tsapra, seated next to Melvin, hoping to gain his attention.  Melvin was carefully avoiding any skin contact. His eyes pleaded with Tsahik Meykir and with a nod she agreed to intervene.
   "Ayoeng zene hivahaw ko." she announced. We should all go to sleep. "Tomorrow is BIG DAY.  She took Tsapra's hand and gave her an admonishing glance when it appeared that Tsapra would disagree with her.  The sixteen year old woman obeyed her mother but looked longingly at Melvin, who said "Txon lefpom" good night, with a grateful smile.
   Taifa' invited Kofi to climb on his shoulders.  "Za'u Ma Evan." Come my boy.  "Oel lu ngeyä Ikran!" I am your Ikran.   The youngsters each climbed on the shoulders of their parents, and Kamlau on Uncle Wade's shoulder.  "Makto Ko!" They all cried out as the avatar pilots made formation and trotted towards the sleeping area.  Melvin trotted along side them, feeling awkward.  He was the only yumon in the group.  Ateyo and Lt. Daniels weren't carrying children, so they walked with Melvin. "Why don't you sleep among the Avatars tonight, Melvin?  It looks like you are the loner among us." 
"Aye! and I'd like to keep it that way Mate!  The Tsahik's daughter has taken a shine to me and she is awful young."
The ayevi, kids had already climbed to their sleeping loft.  But Ateyo droppped her voice and spoke to the distressed young man.  "You not having MOWAN for Tsapra?"
Melvin decided not to complicate the matter with unnecessay details. "Kehe. Poel lu txan eveng." No she is too child.
"Tse. If you having Mowan for Tsapra, she is at age for being muntxate." wife
Melvin quietly nodded his head, and then shook his head.  "Oel omum, slä kehe. Irayo" I know, but No.  Thank You.  I just don't want to do anything to insult or offend Meykir or  Ikxeru."
"Nga meuianga' tutan, Ma Melvin." You are an honorable man, Melvin. "Aeoyeng plltxe' Tsahikhu, trray."  We will speak with Tsahik tomorrow.
Melvin nodded gratefully.  "Irayo Ma Tsmuk," he murmured.
"Hivahaw siltsan ma 'eylan."
"Txon lefpom" said Melvin as he curled up in his hahaw-rìk, sleep leaf.  All the DreamWalkers lay undreaming. And Ateyo was left alone with her thoughts.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

202)  Tswayonpongu, the Flying Party, soared through the darkness, aytsyal ayngeyä ayikran, the wings of their ikrans,  painting the sky with each stroke.  But the beauty of the flight was interrupted by a large shadow that momentarily blocked the light of the moon.  "Toruk!" "Oel tse'a Toruk! KEHE MAKTOYU"  WithOUT a rider. Shouted Pakxo. The sixteen year old was flying in front of his cousin, Pfor'atsu, because his brother Kxeyo was otherwise occupied.  Instinctively, the ayikran of the pongu flew in tighter formation.  He would soon have a chance to earn an ikran's trust.  He couldn't image what could be so distracting to keep a person away from flying.  And flying at night!  He was distracted by a loud shout from Pfor'atsu MÌN NIFTA FTÄR!!  Nìwotx ayikran banked hard left as the Toruk dived on them from above. MÌN NIFTA FTÄR NÌ'MUN!! E'KO E'KO!! E'KO!!! Turn left again ATTACK!!  ATTACK!! ATTACK!!  Immediately, all the ayikran whirled to left left again and presented their menacing talons amidst a great flash of their wings.  MAWL PONGU NÌFTA SKÌEN! Half the party hard right!  In a well practiced maneuver, half the party split to the right and circled behind the Toruk, snapping at his tail.
   Outnumbered, and out taloned the Toruk realized his mistake and decided that this was a bad time to look for prey.  One Great Leonopteryx went home hungry that night with several slashes to his kxetse!  Tswayonpongu gave  a triumphant shout! The rest of the journey, sop, occurred with no other incidents, but the hearts of all the hunters were pounding with pride.  There would be some good story around the campfire tonight!
  A while later, savory smoke from the cooking fires of Olo'Vawma Ora came wafting up to ayontu. Noses.   The aromas were inviting.  Light could be seen emanating from beneath the huge arches formed by the roots of the colossal Utral.  The nearby void in the darkness indicated the presence of the Dark Lake.  They shouted their greeting as they made their spiral descent.  The ayikran already knew the location of their favorite landing perches, twinkling with bioluminescent moss and quite visible from the sky.  "Approach lights" thought Pfor'atsu, the flight captain.  Suddenly he understood Ma Tai's reference!
   As the aytaronyu made their way down the spiraling branches, they could  hear voices shouting up to them. "Kaltxì Ma Ayoenga Eylan!  Hello Our Friends! "Za'u! Yom! Come Eat, there is still plenty to share!"
Eyktan Tsu'akhu and Tsahik Txllkxrey greeted the neighboring hunters warmly and invited them to their circle.  "We weren't certain that any would show up from your clan, at all.  You have surprised us!  Why at night? Where is Eyktan Ikxeru? Is everything alright?"
   The Flight Leader, Pfor'atsu reassured the Eyktan of the Dark Lake Clan that all was well.  It had been suggested, in fact, that the clan's presence wasn't necessarily needed, being that Eastern Sea and the Pa'li clan were the only ones getting Ayuniltìrantokx.  He also explained, in between bites, that flying at night was a beautiful experience, and suggested it be done more often.
   There were many exclamatons about the dangers of flying at twilight because that is when the AyToruk like to hunt. When the Na'vi of the Dark Lake saw the exchange of knowing glances, they demanded a telling of the story.  Ma Pfor'atsu was more than willing!  He was a good story-teller.  Ateyo would have been proud of the telling, illustrated with movement and descriptive coloration.  He explained that when they saw the Toruk diving on them, he remembered the tactics that had been taught to them by the rebel fighter pilots.  He split the formation and had half attack the Toruk from behind.  Flanked and outnumbered, the Toruk's only option was to mìn kxetse, turn tail and fly back home.
   "Aynga lu meuiamanga' aysamsiyu. You all are honorable warriors, not to have needlessly killed a Turok. Ngeyä ayuniltìrantokx lu txansulam aysamsiyu. Your dreamwalkers are wise warriors. Kwawm, perhaps, they will get their ikrans when Rom sì Pxlakx Elkx get their meikran!  He gestured towards his menumeyu, two learners, politely with his chin.  A very tall, blond yumon named David Rom, rose and introduced himself in flowing Na'vi.  "Oel ngati kameie."   Pfor-atsu had remembered him from last week's festivities at the Omatikaya Kelutral.  Pfor'atsu grabbed his hand and pumped it vigorously in imitation of yumon custom. "Kxaltì Cuz!"
   A dark-skinned tutetsìp stepped forward and introduced herself as Zha Nin PxlaKx ElKx.  She was adorned in much beadwork, leatherwork and feathers.  Her hair was parted down the middle and plaited into two braids, that hung to her waist.  On her feet were beaded mocassins, one more complete than the next.  Even her tewng, her loincloth was beaded along the edges.  She had a calm yet fierce demeanor.  Clearly she was in her element.  Pfor-atsu didn't consider shaking her hand at all.  To him she already seemed Blue. "Oel ngati Kameie."  He nearly bowed, he was so humbled by her presence.
   A very gaunt and very ancient Koake old woman, stood by her side,  leaning on an elaborately carved walking stick.  Wakan stick, as Zha Nin would say.  Wakan, Holy.  The stooped Koake, craned her neck up and sideways until she caught Pfor-atsu's eye.  "Oel tse'a nga tìng nari Ma oeyä numeyu, Ma Tsmukan-tsyìp. POEL LU OERU!"  I see you giving my learner the EYE, my Little Brother. She's mine!  POEL LAYU TXAN TsULFÄTU.  She will become a great craftsman. You can't have her until I have taught her everything I know!"
"Tam Tam, Ma Oeyä hona Koake!  there there, my Adorable Old Lady.  No one is talking about stealing me away from you."  YET !!!  she thought  to herself in English.  It wasn't lost on her, the affect she was having on the sayrìpa tswayonyu. The handsome flyer.   The Koake was Tsahik Tllkrrey's mother, who was Tsahik until her husband died.  She willingly allowed her daughter the privaledge of being Tsahik.  She herself was Tsulfätu and preferred to express herself with beadwork and leathercraft and pottery, though her hands were becoming too twisted with age to be effective at any of her crafts.  It was enjoyable having the tutetsyìp as her numeyu.  But human or Na'vi. her aynumeyu always seemed to find a handsome young hunter and run off with him.   She had no idea, how long the Great Mother would allow her to remain upon the face of Eywa 'Eveng, but she hoped she could convey her knowledge before she passed.  But this One would herself become a hunter and have her own ikran and probably fly away as well.  She sighed to herself as she watched their twinkling eyes smiling at each other, this Pfor'atsu sì Pxlakx Elkx. She resigned herself to the obvious attraction and the eventual exit of her Numeyu.
    "We following light from your campfires." Pfor-atsu was explaining.  "We  seeing you Kelutral from Far Far Away!  You  kelutral shine nì txan atan, great light.
   "Like a BEACON!" offered Jeanine. 
   "Pxi-Kon! Srane!" He agreed enthusiastically.  He began describing the beauty of Eywa 'Eveng from the sky, the glowing, twinkling lights below, the irridescent after glow of each swooping beat of an ikran wing. Jeanine's Na'vi vocabulary consisted of visual refinements.  She was captivated by his descriptions.  It was no surprise to anyone who was present when Pfor-atsu offered to take Jeanine for a short ikran ride.
   Koake was shaking her wakan stick menacincgly at Pfor-atsu.  "Don't stay gone too long!  You have a long flight tomorrow!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

203) As the magnetrons whirled down in their cyclic rate, Kristy "Tweety" Castillo, towered over  the link chambers with Toby-San.  They each were in their Blue Bodies.  It was awkward working in an environment designed for humans, and computers.  Yet still, it was so enjoyable being in their Blue Selves.  They had rigged the alarm to the exterior of the building, which was still within the cave.  And they had also extended the alarms to the "veranda", where they had rigged hammocks overlooking the luscious valley below, just outside the cave complex.  But at twenty-two hundred hours, they had come in to be on hand when the Avatar drivers came back from their adventures.
   "Tai!, um, Ma Tai!  Welcome back to mundania!  How's  Ateyo? Ma oeyä tsmuke?"
   "She was snuggled by my side when I went OUT.  She's all exited because Melvin has decided to become her apprentice, or something."
"Hold that thought.  Here come Janet and Ka'alani."   She turned to help mefo, the two, climb out of their link chambers.  On the other end of the Remote Link Site she could hear the magnetrons whirling down announcing the "arrival" of the other pilots and Taifa'.
   "I hope you don't mind me asking, but isn't it difficult to fit your blue bodies in here?" asked Tai as she walked over to the kitchen area.
   "Yeah it's a tight squeeze, but like you say, "Adapt and overcome! I've been thinking: How difficult would it be to disconnect these RLSs and move them next to the Zongsteng Kelutral?" 
Tobi's eyes lit up.  "It's designed to be taken down and set up in an hour and a half.  Give us an extra hour for the repeater site.  The hardest part will be getting them out to the front of the cave for the chopper pick up. Um tilt rotor or flex wing or whatever you call your birds.  When are you going to do this?"
Major Tai was honest, "I have no idea whether it is feasible or not.  It would get the Avatars closer to the olo'yä kelutral, but it would also leave the post only half protected and us twenty minutes away."
   "Are you even certain that the remaining RDA are a threat? Have you heard anything out of them?"  It seemed to Tobi that Tai was being a bit over-cautious.
   "We know that a few months ago, there was an outpost deep in the wilderness area away from any existing Kelutrals, that we know of.  We know that there are a small number of defecters in their midst and the Comm Tech named Ted Demaria got away.  He is at the Omatikaya Kelutral right now."
   "That means that he has probably shared whatever he knows with Colonel Schroeder," interjected Lt. Bruce Wade. 
  "Maybe. But Schroeder has my chopper, remember?  He went to notify the Eastern Sea clan and Txikx-Txikx-Txipxen Clan to be at the Blue Heart Gate tomorrow.
  "So our clan isn't even going?" asked Tweety.
  "Wrong, Bunky!  The clan considers this a good excuse to have a beach party.  We are all going to the Eastern Sea Clan after we go to Blue Heart Gate.  Did you know either of the Filipino couples that are assigned there?"
Kristy didn't know them well, but Tobi knew them well enough to know that they were NOT couples.  "Every one assumes that because people of the opposite sex work together, that  they are automatically couples," fumed Kristy.  Tobi held up his hands defensively. "Don't look at  me Tweety! I've NEVER accused you of being my spouse."  Ever one laughed in relief, because they had each assumed that Tobi's secret was that he was gay.  So it was especially funny how he had phrased that.
  Kristy DID know his secret and he had confided in her from the outset.  She had a trustworthy, kind spirit that he felt safe with.  If there was intimacy, it was emotional, not phyisical or sexual.  He tried to concentrate on the conversation. Kristy was directing a comment to him, so he pricked up his ears and listened.
   "Remind me to never volunteer for an entire week away from the clan!  We've missed hunting parties, Kava making parties, water hauling expeditions, fish fights, and now a BEACH PARTY!  Yeah, let's move the RLSs closer to the Kelutral. I'll carry them on my back!"  Everyone laughed to imagine a ten foot Avatar trying to carry a sixty foot, steel container filled with equipment down a jungle path.  Kristy crossed her arms and sat back with a look of determination on her face.
  Major Tai was nothing if not practical. "Remember, Tweety: this is just the beginning of your life on Pandora.  Currently, there are fifteen link chambers at the Blue Heart Gate and more being shipped down from the ISV on high.  We will simply request to have one set up at Zongsteng Alor. Why risk breaking anything? We played HELL getting these BACK in here this deep.  We really shouldn't HORSE with them."  Taifa' nodded his head vigously when he remembered their difficulties. 
"Is there an RLS at the Red Bird Clan or the Dark Lake Clan?" wondered Taifa'.
"Nope, not yet anyway.  But I would like to see the next two Remote Links at Zongsteng Alor and Red Bird. I'd like to have the links on THIS base as a military advantage, not necessarily for convenience." admitted Tai.  It might take a year to get everything situated, but by then, the techs should be able to walk out of their Kelutral, go two hundred yards and be "at work"  That's what Kirby and Alekxsi are doing.  That is the second best game plan scenario, every avatar close their own kelutral and link chamber."
   "What is the the BEST game plan scenario, Ma Tai?" asked Tobi, though it was a loaded a question.
"Perfect Game Plan Scenario: all of us permanently BLUE and no need for Link Chambers at all."
Everyone agreed heartily.  There were a number of civilian and military support personnel who were patiently awaiting their inclussion into the Blue Experience.
   "There are many of us on this base who aren't even sceduled to get a Blue Body yet," said Dr. Threadgoode cautiously.  "I know that we all WANT to become Avatars.  Hell, most of us want to be Na'vi!  I've been toying with the idea of growing Na'vi hearts and lungs and doing major surgeries!"
This admission astonished everyone who was in the RLS,  visions of Dr.Frankenstein dancing in their heads. "Could you actually DO this?" asked Lt. Steve Daniels. 
   "Heart and lung transplants are very complicated and risky, but possible. And there is an advanced surgical suite at Hel, at  Blue Heart Gate, but I don't know if there is a surgical team available anymore." complained the Doctor.
   "What about Mendelson?" asked Taifa', Threadgoode was astonished. "Gregory Mendelson is alive?"
"Nope he DIED! On the edge of his link chamber. Massive coronary. But he had just received his Blue Avatar.  Eywa must have immediately transferred his spirit, because his Avatar is alive and well at the Omatikaya Kelutral. But Ateyo calls him Mendllzong! Krekori Mendllzong! And Mo'at is his muntxate!"
"Why didn't any of you TELL me this!?"
"We thought you already knew!"
"Kehe, if I already knew, you would have taken me to MEET him by now!"
Tweety, ever the kind-hearted one said, "Doctor, Tobi and I will continue to hold down the fort. You need to visit the Omatikaya Kelutral tomorrow.
"Oh you will be on my ship tomorrow, Dr. Threadgoode! Rest assured!" gushed Major Tai.  Her highly technical mind was going at warp speed.  "We could have our ayhumontokx capable of breathing Pandoran air?  What about the blood, wouldn't their there be differences in the blood chemistry and blood gases."
   "I believe there would be minor difficulties that we would contend with, if the livers are compatible, and that remains to be seen given that they must process for cyanine to color the skin."
   "Cyanide?"
   "Which probably gets processed into the pigment cyanine for the skin."  I've been studying  all the available data on Na'vi internal medicine, but I haven't been able to study the Na'vi themselves.  I'm not even sure that the DNA is compatible."
   "It is." said Tai flatly.
   "No. I mean whether the DNA would combine across species NATURALLY, rather than be engineered.
   "Sran. Like my wife, Ateyo.   Her father was a human who impregnated a Na'vi woman. He was an exploratory miner for the RDA."  Tai visibly shuddered at remembering Ateyo's distress at learning of this.
   Dr. Threadgood's face went through a series of expressions.  Excitement about the possibilty of exploring a cross-species specimen and concern when he realized that someone had possibly raped a Na'vi woman to create this "specimen" and that the "Specimen" was none other than Ateyo, the Major's spouse.  This could be very good or very bad.  He would have to proceed delicately.  He leaned forward.
   "Major, this is very exciting news.  It is going to be very hard for each of us to sleep, but tomorrow is another big day. I suggest a small dose of  narcotic to get you to relaxed enough for sleep. It will be out of your system by the time you wake up and you will be refreshed for the day.  Just a suggestion."
   "This is a coming from a pilot to her Flight Surgeon. WIL I BE ABLE TO FLY TOMORROW?!  IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I BE CAPABLE!"
   "Major Tai!  I'm not talking morphine!  My butt will be on that chopper too!  You will be in tip top shape in the morning.  Grab a light snack and hit the showers. I'll meet you in the Avatar Recovery Room in fiften minutes!"
   "I'll be there in ten. Let's get going!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

204)~ Alekxsi was dreaming that she was sleeping on the beach, wrapped in the strong arms of Wade.  She was aware of others sleeping along side her. And across from her and all around her.  She was reminded of the drumming circle and wished again that she had meswin, two neural braids.  It occured to her vaguely, that Ka'alani was the drummer, not herself.  Curious, she climbed out of her skin and was floating above herself.  Themselves.  Everyone was sleeping in a ring.  Ayunitìrontok and ayhumon and Na'vi alike. "ALÌNg",  she thought and saw herself floating in the hold of the ISV. "Nìn" said Mo'at and Ateyo.  "Aytokx 'omapin!" Purple bodies!  She felt energy rushing along her.  She was body surfing under a curl of a wave.  Looking within the wave, she could see sea creatures, "Did Gyre and Gymbol in the wabe."  She heard Tai laughing.   "I didn't know that you liked Lewis Carrol!" She wondered how Tai could laugh without getting water in her mouth.  Movement caught the corner of her eye.  Emerging through the curtain of water towards her face at an alarming pace was a gaping mouth filled with razor sharp teeth.  JABERWOCKY she screamed.  She had no idea why she came up with that word, but it jolted her awake.  Or ONE of her.  But her last thought was that of watching her Blue Self, in a ring of sleeping and/or unconscious people on a beach.
  "Ma'am? Are you OK?"  It was Kirby's voice in the darkness.  Her human tokx had awakened at the Remote Link Site at the Omatikaya Kelutral.  "You sat bolt upright and shouted JABERWOCKY! Were you having a nightmare? The alarm went off!"
  "teeth teeth" she was murmuring "kwawm, a scary dream" Then she became more awake and asked Kirby, "Is my Avatar, all right?  Are the others OK?"
  "I'll check. Stay right here." Kirby realized how silly that sounded, but ran to check the monitors and knocked politely on the doorjamb.  "Everything checks out Ma Alexandra.  But it seems that everyone experienced an EEG spike simultaneously. But everything checks out OK now."
"um collective nightmare"  Alekxsi wasn't aware of whether she spoke out loud or thought it. But she was floating over an irridescent blue and purple beach within moments.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

205)~Ateyo was awakened by a harsh cry and a dangerous flash of teeth.  It was unusual for her to be dreaming of a sea monster, but she was immediately aware by her sobbing that Pxepxi had been awaked also. "Kawnga unil, Ma Oeyä prrnen?" Pxepxi didn't usually allow Ateyo to  address her as BABY, but she didn't mind at all as she sought the comfort of her mother's arms.  "Tam, tam.  Tam, tam.  Oeru kop". Me, too.
"Pxia aysre' " sobbed Pxepxi. Sharp teeth.
Ateyo noticed that all the children throughout the camp were sobbing.  Some of the ayfeyntu, grownups were unsettled in their sleep.  Janet's child, Tanìs, and Ka'alani's child Kofi crawled over from the sides of their unresponsive parents.  Ateyo was grateful that the families were sleeping together so that she could comfort the children.  Those Na'vi who had also been startled awake were also comforted when Ateyo began to croon her lullabye.
   Sleep my little baby~ Hahaw ma oeyä prrnen
   Let your thoughts float away ~Tìvung aysäfpil lìng neto
   Eywa holds you in her arms ~Eywa ngaru meyam mì mepxum
   Safe Baby Sleep Baby Mine~ Zong prrnen hahaw Ma oeyä prrnen ko.
In the grey morning light, Tai stirred and found several little bodies reclining against her Blue Form in deep slumber.  Carefully, she disloged herself from ayveng and was able to kiss the corner of Ateyo's nose. tìng pom* tìng pom* tìng pom  She was rewarded with asleepy smile followed by kisses.  Ateyo gently removed the children from between them and was enveloped in kisses from her Yawnetu, her Beloved.  Quietly, they disengaged themelves and crept down the sleeping loft to Tsahik Meykir's fire.  Meykir rolled over and waved sleepily to the two, grateful to know that Ateyo would be starting the fire this morning. Even though their hahaw-rìk was positioned a full body-length from the fire circle, the residual heat from the ashes was a comfort for her old bones. "Not old, just well-used,"  she thought. 
   "Srak, hahaw nìltsan, Ma Tsahik?" asked Tai.  Did you sleep well, Tsahik?
   "Kehe!  Oeru lu kawnga unil te hrrap sì pxia sre'a te swìrä txampey!" I dreamed of danger and the sharp teeth of a sea creature.
   "Oeru kop" stated Pxepxi quite solemnly.  Me too. One by one, the Na'vi revealed that they too had each dreamed of a sea creature attack.
   "This does not bode well for us.  We must be vigilant if we do visit the Eastern Sea Clan, as we intend."said Tsahik Meykir.
   "Ma Tsahik!" Taifa' accepted a cup of  'coffee' from her hands.  I had a dream of a sea serpent.  But I took my Nifo Oti and chopped of fhis ugly head!
Kofi's little blue arms wrapped around his sempuyä pewn, his daddy's neck, grateful to have such a strong warrior to protect him. 
Meykir's eyebrows were knit in thought. "With everyone experiencing this same dream, it seems clear that Eywa is warning us of some impending danger.  As Tsahik. I feel that it is necessary that I go seek Her voice at the Tree of Voices before we leave."  At that point, Kxeyo and Txianna came up from the path with the Do Not Disturb staff in hand. Their faces were somewhat strained, rather than joyous, giving Tsahik cause to believe that they had also been affected by the collective dream.
Eyktan Ikxeru was pleased to see them, but especially the young man. "Ma Kxeyo, see to it that the Kelutral is ready to leave for an excursion to the Eastern Sea. The other tswaryonyu have already left for the Blue Heart Gate and stopped at the Dark Lake Clan.  It might be necessary for you to remain behind and guard the kelutral.  We all seem to have shared a foreboding dream last night."
   "Nìwotx frapo? Everybody? Did it involve an attack of a sea creature?"
   "Srane, I need to ask Eywa what we should make of this.  Ma Ikxeru sì ma Tai will come with me.  Ma Tai, nga lu Eyktan te Ayhumon Samsiyu, You are the Leader of the Ayhumon Warriors. Nga zene za'u, nìtxan.'  You must come as well."  She handed each of them a food wrap of last night's leftover meal.  Without further conversation, the three set off for the short walk to the Tree of Voices.
   "Ma Tsahik, "asked Major Tai as pxefo walked along the path.  "Will it hinder you if I also speak to Eywa.  My questions might not be the same as yours." 
   "Ma Tai.  The Great Mother can speak with all her children at once, though we each ask different questions.  Don't trouble your heart over such matters."
   As the three created Tsaheylu with the Great Mother, the Kelutral prepared itself for an excursion to the shore via Blue Heart Gate.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

206)~Many of the Na'vi of the Zongsteng Alor Kelutral were already winging their way towards the Blue Heart Gate from Dark Lake Clan.  Colonel Schroeder had radioed the Hidden Base to confirm that he would be transporting Mo'at and other non-flyers to the Blue Heart Gate. EVERYONE who had dreamed was awakened by the vision of sharp teeth.  Mo'at, Neytiri,  and Alekxsi had already excused themselves and were seated beneath their nearby Tree of Voices, as were the aysahik of every clan of the region at their own nearby Trees of Voices. 
     Communication was achieved through KNOWING, through Tsahaylu, the BOND.  A huge concept was conveyed that there was danger in the Great Water.  The aypizayu, the ancesters, were alarmed and were shouting, "HRRAP HRRAP DANGER DANGER! Get out of the water!"
   "Grandmother!" shouted Mo'at in her mind. "Pe 'upe?!" What is this thing?
   Again, the creature was revealed beneath the wave; aysre'a Teeth as long as an arm and sharp as a tswizaw re'o,  arrow head,  a long neck supporting a hideous head which lacked tswin.  Helplessly, each tsahik watched as the creature grabbed Na'vi in his teeth, slashing them and tearing off limbs.  The bottoms of canoes could be seen in water above, dwarfed by his monsterous size.  Harpoons were seemingly imbedded in it's thick skin.  But the harpoons inflicted only glancing blows.  It turned and capsized the heavy dugout canoe and began slashing and dismembering the Na'vi.  The keening wail of Mo'at's Grandmother struck her to the heart and she knew in an instant that she had witnessed the death of her own Grandfather, an Aunt, Three Uncles, numerous cousins and other Na'vi whose relationships she did not know, but whom she could certainly feel.
   She was aware of the Red Painted Na'vi, the Eyktan of the Eastern Sea Clan.  "It has returned.  This sea creature has returned.  It kills for no reason other than to kill.  It does not seek the Balance. Help us! Please help us." 
"How can we stop this destruction? Tell me how we should save the people." Tsamsiyu Tai was speaking, was seeking permission from the Mother to destroy this creature and protect the People.
  Tìhawnu te Na'vi. You are a protector of the People, here and now against this creature which does not live in the Balance.  You will help the People to destroy this creature.
   Throughout the region, each tsahik was left gasping for breath at the horror and destruction they had each witnessed. And each was assured that this crisis would be overcome with the help of Na'vi and Ayuniltìrantokx together.
   As Mo'at, Neytiri, and Alekxsi emerged from beneath the tendrils of the Tree of Voices, they could hear the sound of tilt-rotor blades.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

207)~ A look of grim determination was upon Ikxeru's face as he addressed the Na'vi of Olo'Zongsteng Alor.  "Ma Oeya Na'viya!  This morning we were all awakened by the vision of a terrible swirä asawl, large creature, te Txampey." of the Big Water. the Ocean.  "This creature is vicious and it kills for no reason other than to kill. It lives out of Balance with the Mother and has killed many, many Na'vi of the Eastern Sea Clan.  The Eyktan of the Eastern Sea Clan, syaw Tamopin Na'vi, called RedPainted Na'vi, has asked that we help her People be rid of this menace.  With my own ears I heard her plea, and with the help of  ayhumon aysamsiyu we have the permission of the Great Mother, to destroy this creature and return the Balance.
"This danger is more urgent than a detour to the  Blue Heart Gate.  We must leave at once to the aide of the Eastern Sea Clan.  To claim the ayuniltìrantokx at this time would not be practical."  said Ikxeru.
The Tsahik raised her hands and patted the air around her. "Mawey Ma Muntxatan.   Be calm, my husband.  "Meykir'ite understands the urgency of this matter.  She will meet the ayhumon and their uniltìrantokx at Blue Heart Gate.  She will impress upon the Ayhumon of Tìtxìkx-txìpxen that they must wait for their ayuniltìrantokx until this crisis is resolved. She is on her way there now, with Kxetsaw. 
  "Come on folks!  We have a  kawnga swirä to kill."  It wasn't until it was out of her mouth that she realized how medieval that sounded in her ears.  She turned to Taifa' and said, "Let's go protect the people."
  "Ma Tai!" Kxeyo shouted and ran to the tilt rotor chopper along side her. "I wish for helping."
  "Good! With me!"  Daniels take the Dragon, bring the People, but stay at my six.  Taifa' with me. Teach Ma Kxeyo a quick lesson in door gunning as we fly to Olo'Eastern Sea.  Ma Ikxeru!"
  "Srane. I  showing you for how to fly there."  Tai was relieved to see Ateyo herding ayNa'vi into the Dragon as Daniels started his engines.  She flipped her switches and started the engines and checked to see that her passengers were all aboard.
No sooner than Ikxeru had folded his Blue Body into his seat, Tai shouted MAKTO KO and they were off the ground.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

208)~Eyktan Ikxeru was pleased to point out the shoreline of the Eastern Sea.  He had seen it from times past upon the back of his ikran.  He wondered if his ikran had followed the choppers.  He craned his neck to look behind.  He was especially pleased to see the unmounted ikrans following close behind as he gazed past Taifa' who was standing in the doorway.
   "I have visual on a clearing on top of that cliff at our Eleven O'clock.  I want the door guns pointed seaside, give me trailing right formation.  We will make a left turn and land single file, me at the lead,  I want the Dragon at land side."  The chopper formation landed on top of the cliff which was situated walking distance from the craggy Kelutral, whose roots held it to the precarious cliffside.  Ayikran were landing on the cliff face, their wingtip talons easily locking them in place.  As Ikxeru dismounted from the chopper, his Ikran sensed his presense and cried out to him.  Moment's later a mounted Ikran majestically landed next to it.  Bounding from his shoulders came the Na'vi Atumpin. The Red Painted Na'vi. She was standing before Eyktan Ikxeru and gesturing from her forehead. "Oel ngati Kameie," she said breathlessly.  "I was not expecting to see lefngapa ikran! I thought our troubles had just multiplied.  How excited I am to see you emerge from such a craft."  Tai had allowed the blades to spool down, and had come around the edge of her chopper.   She immediately gestured from her forehead; "Oel ngati kameie."
   "Ngaru oeyä Tsmuke Tai, eyktan te Olo' Lefngapa AyIkran"  (I introduce) To You My Sister Tai, Leader of the Clan of Metal Ikrans.
   Major Tai addressed the Red Painted Navi. "Ma Eyktan Atumpin!  I am at your service. Oeru sivrung si." I will help you.  Eyktan Atumpin shook her head incredulously, but accepted the offer none-the-less.
   "Ma oeyä aysamsiyu nari si swirä asawl ta'lìm, "My warriors watch the giant creature from afar."  She pointed her finger and sighted down her arm.  Ten 'Rrta miles distant from the shore, a flight of ikran could be seen circling a spot beyond the breakers.
By this time the other pilots and Na'vi had gathered.  Ateyo and Meykir became translators as the ayeyktan bent to the sand and  ngayop wemhawl, created a battle plan.  Out came a variety of shells to represent ayikran sì aylefngapa ikran.  A piece of driftwood represented the creature. Smaller pebbles indicated the aysamsiyu foot soldiers.
   Tsahik of the Olo'Eastern Sea, Lamu'ite and Meykir, consulted and announced that they would be at the Tree of Voices near their Kelutral. "Ma oeyä mesahik," remarked Eyktan Atumpin, "I am concerned because we were to meet ayngä ayuniltìrantokx  roEana Txe'lan Steng fìtrr....our DreamWalkers at the Blue Heart Place today.
Meykir interjected. "Ngari txe'lan mawey livu, Ma Oeyä Tsmuke! Oeyä 'ite, ziva'u fìsteng." Let your heart be calm, My Sister.  My Daughter will bring them here. "Ulte Ma Oeyä Atumpin, it was well that you signalled us al,l fte' unil." through the dream.
"Irayo, Ma Tsmuke." Before she left on her ikran, she gestured from her forehead to the crowd.  With a scream, her winged mount soared straight down the cliffside, before it pulled up.  She was headed toward the circling flight of her ikran aysamsiyu, warriors over the breakers.  She wasn't exactly certain how her Tsahik had conveyed the nightmare to everyone in camp, and she was surprised that so many KNEW. But she was ever so grateful that they had all responded to the collective warning.
   Through hand signals and whistles, she indicated that all the ikran should drive the beast towards the coastline.  Once past the breakers, she could see the aysamsiyu assembled on the shore, splashing and beating the water to draw the attention of the beast.  In no other circumstances would she have permitted the Na'vi to be in the water while it was present.  So far, the plan was working well.  The aytswayonyu, the flyers began harrassing the creature, causing it to snake out its ugly head and snap at them. In being so distracted, the ikran aymaktoyu, ikran riders, then flanked it in a V formation.   They continued to drive it towards the shore. When the creature had closed half the distance from the breakers, Major Tai raised her chopper from the cliff and flew towards the incoming monster, tracing a large arc around the ikran formation.  Eyktan Atampin signalled for the formation to widen to create a space at the back. Tai dropped her chopper into the breech, menacing the maddened creature.  This was the signal for the warriors to exit the water.  They had been instructed by Eyktan Ikxeru, to move towards the cliff, well out of reach of its striking distance.  The ikran flyers continued to harrass the creature as it was chased to the shore.  It continuously tried to snap at the ayikran.  Tai dropped lower and caused the creature to stand upon its hind quarters , Ironically like seal at an Ocean Park, she thought.  But this seal was lunging at her with its snake like neck and morey eel like teeth.  Some of which were lost when it grabbed her skids.  Tai deftly manuevered her kunsip back and quickly away while manuevering it into firing position for Taifa'.
   "Ma Tai!" Shouted Kxeyo through his VOX communicator. "I have gun, in place. SET!"
   "Safety OFF! Cock the firing lever, one in the tube?!  FIRE!"
   Taifa' swung his door gun and pointed it at the gaping mouth and let rip a string of fire.  As did Kxeyo from the shore.  The heavy doorgun was as a plaything in his large Na'vi hands.  Tai watched as the tracers buried themselves in the belly and the chest of the swirä asawl.  Giant creature  The bullets pierced easily through it's eltu, its brain,  causing immediate death.  In moments the creature collapsed into the shallow water, without even a twitch.  One eye was a bloody socket, the other stared lifelessly into the sky. Upon the shoreline Tai could see the Na'vi jumping and rejoicing at the victory over the terrible beast.  Tai placed the samson  on the beach and was nearly pulled from the helicopter by over zealous Na'vi.  She was nearly carried to the Red Painted Na'vi, as were Taifa' and Kxeyo.
   "Ma Tai, it is very sad that we needed to rid ourselves of such an awesome creature, but we are very grateful that you have killed this killer of Na'vi."
"Ma Eyktan Atampin? What shall we now do with this carcass?"  As they turned to look, the  ayikran,  were perched upon the beast, ripping out victorious chucks of flesh.
"Ma Tai? Do you want the remaining eye?" asked the Eyktan with a smirk on the corner of her mouth.  "The tail alone would feed the camp for a week! But how would we get it ashore?"
"Ngari txe'lan mawey livu, Be calm in your heart, Ma Eyktan we can use slings and the choppers to bring it ashore or pull it out to sea.  But first I wish to offer a prayer.  Taifa' and Kxeyo accompanied Tai through the knee deep water which was bloodied from the many bullet wounds from the armor piercing shells.
I SEE you, My angry brother ~  Oel ngati kameie Ma oeyä stia Tsmukan
It has been decided by Ewya ~ Eywa pol'eun
That your anger has caused ~ Ngeyä tìsti fte
too much death and tears among the Na'vi ~ txan kxitx sì tsngawvìk kìpNa'vi
So you had to be removed from Eywa 'Eveng. ~  Tafral nga zene lu'aku te Eywa'Eveng
Know that when your spirit returns to Eywa ~ Omum ngari hu Eywa saleu tirea
She Alone will decide your fate. ~ Aw'Poel pe'un ngeyä syay
Your body will remain here to become part of the people.~ tokx `i`awn slu Na´viyä hapxi!
Forgive me, my brother ~  Oeru txoa livu, ma oeyä tsmukan.
May your spirit find peace with Great Mother ~  run fpom ngeyä tirea Nawma Sa'nokhu

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

209)~  Kxeyo was quite impressed with Tai's heartfelt prayer and thought she had the makings of a fine warrior. He made a mental note of the fact to relay to Kxetsaw and especially Eyktan Ikxeru.  As Kxeyo and Tai, and Taifa' turned toward Eyktan Atumpin, they noticed an ikran in a nosedive off the cliff.  The rapid descent delivered Eyktan Ikxeru sì Tsahik Meykir a few paces from Eyktan Atumpin.  Tsahik was overwhelmed. "Ma Oeyä tstewa Pxesamsiyu! Tsakem lu txewm tse'a!  My three brave warriors!  That was frightening to see! She tossed aside decorum and threw her arms around them each.  Eyktan Ikxeru delivered bear hugs, if there were anything like bears on Pandora!  Aytaronyu of the Easter Sea Clan clapped them on the shoulders and voiced their concerns that the carcass would draw other dangerous sea creatures.  There was no way they could dismember such thick hide.  No one even knew if the flesh was edible.
   Taifa' came up with an idea: "Hey Cuz? Don't we have those hand held circular saws in our choppers?  They are designed to cut through steel in case of emergency."
  "Txantsan säfpìl" Great idea!  Let's declare this an emergency! We can cut off the tail, and sling it under the samson for dinner.  Then we can haul the carcass out to sea.
  "Kehe!" shouted Kxeyo. "Ta'leng" skin, "  He made it known through pantomime that he intended to skin the creature.  It wasn't until Ateyo came down from the cliff that his intentions were clarified and a plan was conceived.  However,  their plans were interrupted by the sound of rotorblades.
A familiar samson entered  view from above the cliff.  It was Tai's "convertible" piloted by Colonel Schroeder.   With him was Pxati, Patricia Fenwick of Blue Heart Gate. The tops of both Blue Heads were visible, and suddenly Major Tai was very much appreciative of flying the fully enclosed Dragon.  He landed on the beach and four enthusiastic Blue bodies leapt to the sand.  Mendelson and Mo'at then emerged, just as spry but without the exuberance of those wearing their ayuniltìrantokx for their first  day.  Tsìng mipa ayhapxìtu Four new members ran directly to their Eyktan and excitedly presented themselves.  The stern Eyktan,  smiled in spite of herself and turned to all who had gathered.
   "Ma frapo! Ayngaru oeyä mipa ayhapxìtu alu: Everyone! (I present) To you my new four members, who are:
*Laria Pxataya, the fierce woman  gave a nod
*Ten Opunto, the calm man gave a nod
*Pendia Campeste, the smiling woman gave a nod, and
*Luke Penn. Who shook his head in anticipation of laughter.
  "Kehe! TEWNG!"  Luke indicated the loincloth he was wearing, but resigned himself to laughter.  Unfortunately, he lad learned that LukPen means WITHOUT CLOTHING in Na'vi.  He hoped the novelty would wear out soon.
   "I don't know which is worse!" He exclaimed in self-defense. "I met an avatar today  called Tim  Saul." Everyone laughed in embarrassment for the guy namd Txim Asawl, Big Butt, and the guy here know as LukPen.
   Colonel Schroeder could hardly stand it."Well I hate to bust in on all this jocularity, but what the HELL is THAT?  We thought it was a rock from a distance, but up close, it's that monster we all dreamed about!" 
"Aye Beware the JABBERWOCKY!" I heard that in my nightmare.  I wondered who could be quoting Lewis Carrol in my dream." said Patricia Fenwick.
"I heard that word last night but didn't even know it was a word." admitted Alekxsi.
"Oeyä sa'nokyä sa'nok, My mother's mother showed me this swirä asawl, giant creature, at the Tree of Voices. It has killed many of my relations." murmured Mo'at.
Eyktan Ikeru then gave an account of the Sea Battle and ample praise for the pxetaronyu alu samsiyu, Three hunter/warriors.
   The colonel shook his head at the collosal beast.  "That's an awful lot of barbecue! Are we gonna eat it?"
"Mayun'i kxetse!" We will cut off the tail! Announced Taifa' with the whirr of his circular saw. 
"Bring it on!" shouted Daniels.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

210) ~ Most of the People, both Na'vi ulte ayuniltìrantokx, had walked down the path on the cliff side.  The children, and most ayfeyntu, adults, were still goggle-eyed at the spectacle.
Ateyo and Alekxsi and her man, Wade were hand in hand.  Pxepxi sì Kofi,the pevi, two kids ulte Txianna and Melvin were  doing  their  best to keep up with the long legged Na'vi.
   "We don't have our meikrans, YET,  But we do not want to be left out of the fun!" exclaimed Wade. "I was a lifeguard on earth, in a former life. I would be glad to help out.  I am a very  good swimmer."  Wade addressed the group in general.
"Ma Weit?!  We have many good swimmers here, you will be in good company!" grinned the Red Painted Na'vi.  Wade and Alekxsi both turned to her and immediately realized they had approached like humans.  "Oel ngati Kameie" they each said, with the characteristic forehead gesture.  Alekxsi, flushed with embarrassment, was about to apologize but the Eyktan was already waving off the apology. "Ke'a tìkin, no need (to apologize) Ma Meylan! It isn't everyday that we kill swirä asawl." A giant creature. She was amused at the embarrassment at the breech in protocol.  You have offered to help the People.  I need a paddler."
    Alekxsi was momentarily startled at the request, and didn't know the word paddler, but the Eyktan Atumpin was nudging her toward the dugout canoe. As the stern woman passed Taifa', she indicated that he should put his implment in the canoe.  Major Tai realized that the canoe would keep the  equipment dry, more or less.  She indicated to her other pilots to bring their saws.  "Let's go People! Chop chop!"  Ateyo shouted exhuberantly"SALEW KO NA'VI! Mun'i ta'leng KO!  Let's GO, People! Let's cut skin!" 
The water was actually shallow enough not to need a paddler, but the creature was so large that it became useful for Alekxsi to paddle from one place to another, delivering saws and various implements.  Kxeyo was in an animated discussion with the skinner of beasts of the Eastern Sea Clan.    There were parts on this creature that he was unfamiliar with.    The creature was unlike any and far larger than any that even  Ma'tse'tsu had ever encountered.  But he imaged that the tough hide would make excellent water proof shelters and armor.  There were scales that would have various uses as plates, windows, building materials.  Kxeyo saw the colorful fins and wondered who could ever lift a fan of that size.
   The screaming of the saws were drowned out by the thundering waves,  It took two hours, simply to saw through the massive tail.  Gobbets of flesh and fat were spattered into the air.  Once the kxetse asawl was completely severed, Tai flew her helicopter over in low hover and dropped the sling.  Taifa' knew the drill but there were no attach points available.  Two swimmers took the cable ends underneath the tail where tunnels had been dug.  The tunnels were only large enough to pass the cable ends from hand to hand.  No one wanted to be trapped under the weight of the massive tail.
  It was then that Wade saw  fins protruding from the water.  SHARK! SHARK! He shouted reflexively.  He wasn't sure what the creatures were called in Na'vi, or how similar they were.  But he recognized the danger!  OUT OF THE WATER!  OUT OF THE WATER!
   "KÄ TUL NEMREY!  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"  Na'vi jumped off the the tokx asawl, the huge body, shoreward.  But the tide had been slowly creeping up.  The beach seemed impossibly far. 
Tai saw that she could easily drive the beasts away, but she needed to drop the sling completely.  She descended to within two feet above the carcass and hit the release.  The heavy cable smashed down as she whirled away seaward.  The other choppers were now approaching and followed her lead.  She lowered her chopper until the skids were  skimming the surface.  She knew from her life in Samoa, that the  vibration would confuse and annoy them, if only  for a while.  "Keep your skids in the water!  We need to give the People time to gain the shore."  Tai moved the sharks away from the carcass, but when she retreated they advanced.  They did this dance three times but when the biggest shark-ish thing was one hundred yards ahead of her she offered her apologies and gave two short bursts.  The gush of fresh blood was too much for his companions to resist.  When Tai turned shoreward, they were feasting viciously.
   Taifa' gestured Tai to descend once again.  They quickly reattached the cable stays.  Carefully, she pulled up on the collective and gained elevation.  She could not hear the victorious  cheering from the shore, but she felt the victory all the same.    With Taifa' holding onto the stays, she flew the huge kxetse up to the shore.  All arms were now directing her to the top of the cliff where cooking fires were already begun.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

211)~
"You know what this tastes like? It tastes like alligator tail"
"Ma Weit? Peli'u AL I GEY TOR?"Ateyo had never heard this word before.
"Swirä asawl mì 'Rrta. Slä alligator lu hi'i. Mawl ngim na fi'u ketxtse."  Big creature on Earth. But alligator is tiny. Half the length of this tail."  Wade took his souvenir tooth and drew a sketch of an alligator in the sand.  Each person who had participated in the hunt and the ensuing battle, had received trophy teeth and scales.  Tai hoped that Ateyo could fashion a  fkxile, bib necklace using the five small ones she received from Eyktan Atumopin.  The smallest teeth were as large as the largest alligator tooth she had ever seen.
   "So what is this beast called?" asked Ka'alani.
   "Him's got no name." Came the reply from the skinner, Ma'Tse'tsu. Like me!"  Literally translated, his name meant, Well, What?  It was actually his nickname. He was named Tsu'tey by his parents, but he never thought he could live up to that famous warrior's status.  He stopped using "Tsu'tey" eight years ago, after the Battle for the Well of Souls.
   "Him name Zha-pxrr-woki!" Jaberwocky! joked Ateyo.  Pxati was impressed that the Na'vitsyp had remembered that name.  It was entirely invented by Lewis Carrol, as were all his characters in his book, Alice in Wonderland.
Wade was reminescing rather than telling story. "I think I ate the last gator." he said sadly.   "There were no more alligators in the wild. I ate a farmed gator."   
    "There used to be many crocodiles in the Philipines.  I think they were all dead by the time I joined the RDA"  Ten Opunto, could barely remember seeing cocodiles in his youth.
  "Ke lehrrapa swirä,srak?" No dangerous creatures? Earth must have been a safe place to live!"  stated Ma'tse'tsu in a droll manner.
   "Kehe, txanew sawtute ska'a 'Rrta . Tìtxum txampey. No greedy Sky People destroyed Earth Poison ocean. "
"Me'em. unharmonious. Mäkxu. Out of Balance",observed Ateyo.
"Ayhumon leru ke Txe'lan Aean lamu leherrapa swirä.   Humans having no Blue Hearts were the dangerous animals." Asserted Alekxsi. "Ayoenga zola'u fìtsenge alu kelku." We have come to this place as home. Ayngal 'efu fi'u tìngay mì ayoengä txe'lan."  We feel this truth in our  hearts.  Alekxsi's Na'vi wasn't perfect but she got sobering nods from one and all.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

212)~ Eyktan Atumopin carefully wiped her mouth.  She stood up and faced poeyä mipa ayhapxìtu tsìng. her four new members   She drew Ten Opuntu to his feet.  In one hand, she held a very long, very sharp fang from the creature. 
"Ngenga lu tupe? Who are you? Sì pelun ngaru fìtsenge? And why are you here?"
  "Oe lu Ten Opunto te 'Rrta. I am here because my Blue Heart has found it's way home."
The dagger came up and he was blooded. "Welcome home my Cousin!"
She drew Laria Pxataya to her feet.  The woman had a steely look in her eye. Eyktan Atumopin recognized this defiance, as in herself. "Ngeya lu tupe? Sì pelun ngaru fìtsenge?
    "Oeru syaw Pxataya.  I am here to learn from a strong woman such as you!"
Eyktan Atumopin immediately decided that this one would become her protege.  She met the fierce gaze, eye to eye, and placed the tip of the fang against her flesh, and pressed in the sharp point straight-in a good half inch.  "I would be honored to teach one such as you. Welcome to my family." Once she had spoken, she retrieved her blade.  And the woman did not make a sound.  Her fierce determination was admired by all the aysamsiyu in the circle."
  Eyktan Atumopin held her eyes as she licked the blade.  Each woman gave a cautious half smile.  When Eyktan Atumopin reached down her hand for Pendìa Campeste, the young woman let out a small yelp. Frapo serngä'i herangham. Everbody started laughing. One quick glance silenced the crowd.  "Fyape fko syaw ngar? What are you called?"  Pendìa was sweatinng.   Her eyes were riveted on the razor sharp fang. PENDEJA she blurted.  Her Filipino friends guffawed.  Why did she say PENDEJA? that was a derogatory appellation giving by her own mother, when she forgot to do chores or did something silly.  Literally it meant one pubic hair! Inconsequential.  She swallowed hard and looked into the riveting eyes of the Red Painted Na'vi. "Oe lu Pendìa. Ulte za'u fìtsnge fpi oel yawne Na'viyä aytute."  She hoped that she had said, "And I came here because I love the Na'vi people."
   "Srak, ngaru tìng reypey."  Would you give your life's blood?"  She quickly administered a tiny prick to Pendìa's shoulder. And tasted the tiny droplet. "Um, needs seasoning."   Frapo herangham.  Everyone laughed. Briefly.
   "Oe lu 'emyu!" I am a cook, offered Pendìa.  Her companions nodded vigorously. "I can make Blood Soup!" Silently, she vowed to add a drop of her own blood to each pot.
  "Srefereiey nìprrte' yayom ngeyä steli fpi'Na'vi!"  I eagerly look forward to eating your gift to the People!"
Eyktan Atumopin dimissed her with her chin and a smile, and grabbed up Luke Penn.  The young man stood there looking embarrassed.
   "Ngenga lu tupe? Who are you? Sì pelun ngaru fìtsenge? And why are you here?" 
   "Pol za'u run peno."  He came to find some clothes!" ribbed Ten Opunto.  Everyone snorted because they were afraid to laugh and insult the ceremony. It was also difficult to translate his meaning.
   "Ma Txen!" was the only admonishment needed.  He gestured from his forehead. "Oeru  txoä livu." He responded apologetically.
   "Oeru syaw LUKE PENN." He almost shouted it as fpeio, a ceremonial challenge.
   "Srak, ngaru tìng reypey."  Would you give your life's blood?"
    "Fpi pen? Kxawm,  For clothes, perhaps. Slä fpi'Na'vi, SRANE! But for the Na'vi, YES!"  He could see himself riding an ikran and brandishing a weapon with a SHOUT"  She had stabbed him. Not deeply but quickly.
"Ma Frapo! Ayngaru plltxe KALTXÌ a ayoengä mipa soaia ahapitu!  EVERYBODY SAY HELLO to our new family members.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

213)~Tsahik Lamu'ite made an announcement.  "Ma oeyä Eyktan Atumopin! Send some strong arms  to help bring out the Kava pot."
"Aynga Tsìng! Kä srung si, Ma Tsahikhu!"  She majesticly ordered the four Filipino mipa Na'vi to help the Tsahik.  The Kava pot was summoned forth.  Theirs was lashed to two rather sturdy lengths of rib bone.  The curved knobs made good handles at one end.  Hand grips were carved into the other end.  The bone was carved throughout, with intricate interlocking designs.  It took all four ayuniltìrantokx  to lift the pot and bring it over to the fire circle.
   Tai gathered her pilots and crewmen around her, "Listen up, people. Having seen the effects of this Kickapoo Joy Juice on Na'vi, Ayuniltìrontokx, and ayhumon, alike, and with full awareness, of that big honking cliff over there, everyone, me included, with the exception of Ma Oeyä Lora Yawnetu, is restricted to one and only one cup of Kava. DON'T MAKE ME select the official cup size by picking up one of these WASH TUB sized tsngals!  The appropriate sized cup is one of the CHILD cups."  Turning toward her Beloved Ateyo, Tai said. "Ngal, Ma Oeyä Yawnetu, can have ONE SIP from MY CUP. ONLY.  I don't want anyone trying to PLF (Parachute Landing Fall) off that cliff face.  I have jumped from higher distances but I have had leaves to grab on  my way down.  There is NOTHING to grab here except sheer rock on that cliff face. Now let's go have fun: Responsibly."   
   As the Kava was beginning to be served up, Colonel Schroeder turned to Pxati and said, "My Exec runs a tight ship!" and turning to the server said, "Oe  irayo si ngaru" I give you thanks.
Initially, the Kava ceremony began by passing around a communal ceremonial cup, which was, as Tai noted, a big as a washtub.  Everyone took a sip of from that as the Kava drinking ceremonial song began.
We thank you Eywa ~ Ayoengal irayo si Eywa
For the simple joys  of this drink ~ Ftue prrte' te fi'u naer
We drink it in an enjoyable manner ~ Aoel tìväng nì'o
We drink it in an honorable manner ~Aoel tìväng meuianga nìfya'o
    After the ceremony, Captain Henderson, approached Major Tai. "Major, I think you need to see this."  They faced the ocean.  The hideous carcass was beginning to be shuffled closer ashore with the incoming tide.  "Those shark things are trying to gnaw on our sea monster."
   "Yeah, but they aren't having much affect, are they?  With that armor plated hide, they might as well try to bite a nuclear powered submarine."
  Ma 'Tse'Tsu was lamenting the imperceivable damage to the hind end of the creature.
"Kxawm, perhaps you are worried that you won't have enough skin to make leather." scoffed one of the taronyu."  He only scowled.
  "Eywa is helping to bring in the carcass.  You can skin it at low tide."  suggested Tai.  When Ateyo translated Ma Tse'Tsu's eyes lit up.  He excitedly explained his concept of using the huge hump back plate, which was curved, as a huge structure.  And using bones as support. "And what about high tide?" scoffed his friends. He scowled again.  He hadn't thought that far ahead.  He and Kxeyo, the two skinners, walked off to discuss possible uses of the creature.  Major Tai joined them.  "Sar. use. kunsps. fkarut. peel off. ta'leng. the hide. Ulte za'u nefä fìtseng. and bring it up here!"  Tai was also going to suggest using the lefnngapa dragon to haul the sea dragon carcass out to sea.  She would decide that tomorrow!
   She returned to Ateyo's side. Ateyo who was yearning to get closer to the edge of the cliff.  Ateyo did not get very close to the cliff but she could feel the updraft from where she stood.  She pointed out to Tai.  "My wish for having Syaksyuk metsyal. two wing for fly, tswayon!" Her pantomine pxrounght launghter to the Na'vi.  Maybe Tai's reply shouldn't have sounded so enthusiatic, but the thought was appealing to the woman who yearned for the sky.  Wade had only heard about Ateyo's Syaksyuk performance.  "Hey I remember watching hang gliders soaring off from Diamondhead. That looked like a KICK!"
  "You know the record for flying a hang glider off that place?"  She waited for the Polynesian friends to  ask.  "27 hours!  That was set when Hawaii was still mostly green. Back before the turn of the twentieth-first century, in the early 1990's." Ka'alani anad Taifa' and Wade, all shook their heads.  "Wouldn't that be weird if  we were hang gliding at the same time on Hawaii?" said Wade. "Stranger things have happened!  I still know how to build those!" saitx Tai with a ngrin. Already her brain was turning.
   Ateyo looked longingly over the cliff's edge.  A heavy blue hand clasped her shoulder.  "Ma CUZ!" said Ikxeru. "Kxawm, Ma Atanvi (Ray of Light, his ikran) will give us a ride down the cliff tomorrow!"  Ateyo's face brightened and she nearly broke his spine with her enthusiastic hug. "OEL NGATI MEYAM!" I hug you!  Ikxeru continued. "Oel fpil fwa ma oeyä mipa aytaronyut zene tswayon ni'o'."  I think my new hunters should fly in this manner, for kicks!"  Needless to say, this suggestion was greeted enthusiastically.
   Everyone gathered on the cliff to watch the Tsawke melt into the Txampey. To watch the sun melt into the sea.  Tsahik offered up a Way, a ceremonial song.
Our Great Mother ~ Ayoengä  Nawma Sa'nok
You have given us a good day and a safe day ~ Ngati ayoel nìltsana trr ulte zonga trr 
We thank you for the sun ~ Ayoelru ngati irayo si Tsawke 
As it returns to your heart ~ Tätxaw ngeyä txe'lan
Knowing you will return the sun once again ~ Oaymum fwa Tsawke tätxaw nìmummmm
Everyone remained humming that last M letting it roll and play, like ocean swells, high voices sparkled delicately over the refrain, deeper voices sang of the ocean's depths. Frapo terìng lawr. Everyone singing wordlessly.People lingered to watch the beauty. Couples slipped their arms and their kxetses around each other,as the night unfolded, txon'ong, and the syuratan, the bioluminesce of the sea sparkled with a bright blue glow on the shoreline and even on the swirä below.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

214)~ Long after the Kava ceremony, and the Prayer at the End of Day, the Na'vi continued to celebrate.  Among the various percussion instruments was a large kalabash gourd, enclosed with a woven mesh made of fibers and seashells.  Txianna was delighted to see that her idea was actually in practice somewhere on Pandora.  She vowed to gather many fistfuls of tiny seashells and make one for herself.  Maybe Ateyo could show her how to weave like that! 
   A drum circle formed up and most everyone from the Eastern Sea Clan joined in.  Some had Au, drums of skins, some had drums of hardwood, rattles and flutes of various kinds.  "Oe rangal livu meswin, fte tìng pxawpa.  I wish I was two neural braids in order to make around.  Ka'alani was thinking, once again, of making a drumming circle.  Once she and Ateyo had sorted out the translation, one of the aypamsteotu, musicians said, "Why limit ourselves to a circle? Ayoenga tìran ne'Utral Amokri trray, ko!  Let's all walk  to the Tree of Souls tomorrow where we can all play while inTsaheylu."  Someone else responded, "Srane sÌ hu aypizayu! Yes and with our ancestors!"  Ka'alani was especially invited to attend, so that she could really experience pamsteo sì tsahayl si.
   Of course there was a telling and retelling of the Battle of the Sea Creature.  Tai and Taifa' were requested to do the Fire Knife Dance more than once.  Ka'alani had been requested to dance a hula.  Taifa' was mesmerized by her swaying tail.  She had tied flower blossoms to the end of it.  She wore a crown of flowers which were especially flamboyant.  Aypamsteoyu, musicians, brought out their ay'otang, musical instuments.  Someone sat next to Taifa' and Ka'alani with an  i'en, a small stringed intrument.  It's sound body was of a turtle (?)shell and had three strings.  It reminded her so much of an ukulele that it made her smile.  She begged Ateyo to build one for her with four strings instead of three.  Ateyo reminded her that her i'en was a promise.  She just needed more time to be tsulfätu!  But the ayuniltìrantokx had to be horizontal very soon. Pxepxi and Kofi got permission to sleep with the other ayevi of the village.  Bit they were lead away to the guest quarters, which was basically a large thatched hut  with open walls and many ayhahaw-rìk, sleep leaves.  This is a FALI exclaimed Taifa.  Indeed, it was the same as the structures of Ancient Samoa.  "Man! I could RETIRE HERE!"  All we need is some TAPA CLOTHS and it would be just the same.  Even he could remember the fabric made of pounded coconut fibers and painted with triangular designs of sharks teeth and ocean waves.  He glanced at Tai for her reaction.  "Once the last vestige of RDA has been scrubbed off this moon, I guess we can all go where we wish.  My family is with Zongsteng Alor.  I wouldn't want to lose any of that. But this would be a great place to vacation!"
   The conversation was quiet and they all shared what they each envisioned as their own possible futures here in this new land.  A New Samoa, a New Earth.  They all said their Txon Lefpoms as they drifted off to sleep or unconsciousness to the sound of the thundering surf.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

215)~ "Welcome back, Major!" said Kristy as the magnetrons wound down.  "You must have had an exciting morning by the looks of your accelerated heart rate and BP! Just what were you doing all day?" She helped Tai climb out of the link chamber.
  "Oh, just slaying sea monsters." said Tai with pretended non-challance.
   "Get out!   I dreamed about a sea monster just last night!" said Tweety/Kristy as she served up Lima Beans.
   "Apparently everybody did, Tweety.  It seems that a distress signal was sent out over the airwaves.  I guess the tsahik of the Eastern Sea Clan can broadcast her fears and dreams that way.  We all shared this collective nightmare, and Eyktan Ikxeru sent us straight out.  This thing was enormous!  It looked like an elephant seal with an alligator head and an alligator tail.  It has been killing Na'vi for sport so he had to go."
  Tweety Castillo was all ears.  "Sounds  ugly  enough.   Did you blow it to smithereens with your canons?"  Ka'alani and Taifai' came in and the door gunner joined the conversation. "Nope,  nope.  Too many Na'vi and ikrans would have been jeopardized.  They herded him into a kill zone and Major Tai and I took him out with our chain guns."
"So I guess he floated out to sea without a prayer?"  Kristy was doing her best to memorize the Hunter's Prayer and as much conversational Na'vi as she could.  Though the training material left a lot to be  desired.
"Well, no and no.  I said a modified prayer for the beast.  I don't understand why it was so much out of balance with Eywa. But it washed ashore last night.  Kxeyo's all excited because he's got something big and exciting to skin."
"Who's Kxeyo?" asked Tweety.  She was pretty sure she had diagramed all the players at this point.
"Kxeyo is the guy that Dianna is seeing.  He knows all the tricks to tanning hides.  We managed to saw off the Kxetze and deliver it to the cliff top by choppper,  so that he would have that much to play with! THEN we had a barbecue!" laughed Major Tai.
"Poetic  justice.  You ate the one that was..." Kristy didn't finish the sentence but shuddered at her unfinished thought.  She changed the subject.  So where was Dianna and Melvin and Ateyo through all this?"
Ka'alani explained that they had been watching from the Kelutral which was perched upon a high cliff which formed the backbone of a peninsula.  "Their Tree of Voices also sits on the cliff right next to their Kelutral.  You can watch the sun rise and the sun set from the same place!"
"Cliff!" I learned that word! It's 'auwk! Like the late great bird on earth.  I've been studying the flashcards on the computer every day and I'm trying to use the work book to learn to make sentences.  What else happened while you were there?!"
   "We welcomed the four new NìNa'vi!   Do you know what Luke Penn means in Na'vi?"
"Um, let's see. Pen means clothing. Luk, Look?" Kristy was straining her brain.  Janet Henderson was loving this. "No! Look is NÌN.  Luke is WITHOUT.  So the contraction of LUK PEN means
"WITHOUT CLOTHING!"
They chatted for a while. PÄNgKO about the FTxOZÄ, celebration, and the 'OTANg, instruments. "And Txianna was shaking this kalabash rattle that was as big as a beach ball.  We fell asleep to the sound of surf and it made me miss Hawai'i." Said Ka'alani.
"Tse, Hawai'i probably aint' there no more.  At least, not as you remember it.  This is what we've got, Ma Yawntu," said Taifa' as he drew her into an embrace.
They all pondered their new fate and the demise of 'Rrta.  "Well, we need to keep it this way,"said Daniels with a grim smile.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

216)~Ateyo woke up to the sound of snoring? No, not snoring. Pounding? "Ah" she remembered: txampey. The ocean.  She was aware of Tai's head on her shoulder.  Sometimes Ateyo curled up next to Tai, but Tai also learned to entrust her vulnerability in Ateyo's arms.  Ateyo had had to scoot all the way up to the end of the hammock/sleep-leaf to accomodate Tai's height.
"Aw, ain't that the sweetest thing?" murmured Melvin. "Major Cupcake sleeping on her big strong Ateyo shoulder!  Come on you two, breakfast is ready!"
"Kehe!" muttered Tai.  "I like it here. We'll be up in a few minutes."
The scent of Pandoran orchids and other exotic flowers fluttered on the breeze and mixed with the smells of meat cooking.  The sound of the surf was as the heart beat of Nawma Sa'nok, the Great Mother.  Relectanlty and with great effort, Tai actually opened one eyelid.  Her fluttering eyelashes tickled Ateyo's shoulder causing her to giggle in delight. "TÌNg POM * TÌNg POM * TÌNg POM!"Ateyo delivered the sing-song phrase interspersed with little kisses.
"Ugh. Even Ma Ateyo is conspiring to rob me of my beauty rest.  Rewon lefpom ma oeyä hona yawnetu."  Eyktan Ikxeru and Tsahik Meykir, giggled to see the endearment and did likewise. "TÌNg POM* TÌNg POM*TÌNg POM!"  Kxeyo sì Txianna, ulte Taifa' sì Ka'alani Joined in the silliness, which brought laughter from the passers-by, and from Eyktan Atumopin who was barely reognizable to the unfamiliar eye LUKE TSAMOPIN, without warpaint.
"Rewon lefpom, Ma Oeyä Eylan!" Greeted Eyktan Atumopin.  "Fteng ayeng tì'o ulte za'u. Ayoeng kä kaltì si Nawma Sa'nok!" Stop your silliness and come. We go greet the Great Mother." she said with amusement.  Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a conch horn being blown.  All the Polynesians and Filipinos came to their feet at the familiar sound.  Eyktan Atumopin then lead the crowd out to the tip of the peninsula. Nìwotx aysahik all the sahiks stood together, whether by design or by association.  They waited for ayhapitxu, the members, of each clan to all arrive.  The conch shell blasted a long pure note. The tsahik Lamu'ite raised her arms to the East to the rising Sun.  She then addressed the four corners of the world, a gesture that was entirely familiar to Jeanine Black Elk.  (She and her Koake, Old Woman, her mentor) had arrived at night, just after sunset.)
   "Kaltxì Ma Nawma Sa'nok" shouted the Tsahik La'mui"te.  "We thank you for our lives and we thank you for this day, and for our new friends.  We ask that you would watch over us with your protection and guide our steps through the day."  As Black Elk translated the words in her head from Na'vi to Lakota. Tears came streaming down her face as they came every morning to hear this prayer recited by the Na'vi.  Except for the skin coloration and the ayswin, she could have been on the Rez, before even the White People saw ruin. As it was foretold.
  The brief ceremony was followed by an informal processsion to the camp.  Hundreds of drying racks had been set up overnight.  An unanswered question was who had set them up in the darkness and how?  But the smell of roasting Zha pxer woki, Jaberwocky, filled the air.
  "Prrte' lu oeru!  I LIKE it! " said Txianna.  "Mmmm! Tastes like  frog legs. Just one hellaciously BIG frog."  Her slightly Cajun accent bespoke of her beginnings in the Bayous of Louisiana.  It made Wade smile to meet a homegirl, this far from home.  But he couldn't imagine being with anyone but Alekxsi.
  "Eat your fill, ma eoyä mipa eylan. What can't be eaten or stored will go into the sea." was the word of the Eyktan Atumopin. After the meal, it was noticed that a procession of Na'vi had started down the western side of the peninsula, each carrying a knife and a large hunk of meat. Ateyo wished to know how this fresh meat would be stored and she and Tai were invited to come along.   Halfway down the 'aukx, the cliff, they all came to a cave.  It was well above the high tide mark, and remained dry and cool. As they walked in deeper, sconces were lit.  Lining the walls were numerous large ceramic pots.  Ateyo was trying to imagine how they were originally brought here. Tai was identifying the acidic smell of vinegar. The meat was then chopped into smaller hunks and placed in the pots.  Vinegar was ladled and poured over the meat.  Lids were placed on them and sealed with what looked like bees wax.
Satisfied that their chore was complete, everyone exited the cave.  Someone shouted a phrase that could be interpretted as: "The last one out, please extinguish the lights!"  Instead of returning to the top of the cliff, the procession turned down the path and walked down the leeward side of the peninsula.  Protected from the pounding surf, this  side boasted a deep lagoon surrounded by  towering cliffs and luscious vegetation.  A series of waterfalls rushed to their beautiful demise within various pools.
   Eyktan Atumopin announced, that they would spend some time relaxing before the big chores of the day, which were to include stripping tha tail and disposing of the carcass.  She concluded her announcement by taking a swan dive from the cliff into the lagoon below. A cheer ensued and many divers followed suit.    The rest of the People found places to lounge and float and play.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

217)~ Other clans had been arriving all day to celebrate the newcomers.  Most of them came the day after the sea monster had been killed.  It was quite difficult for the aymaktoyu, the riders, to convince their mounts that  they should say KALTXÌ to their hosts before being diverted by the feast on the beach. At times it was difficult to see the sea creature itself, for all the ayikran feasting upon it.   The ikrans by the sea had a heavy beak which they used to crack open the shells of mollusks.  They had the advantage over the mountain ikrans in attacking the thick hide.  But once started, they took turns at peeling away the hide from the flesh, by grasping it in their talons and going aloft and then back-winging.  Kofi and Pxepxi and the rest of the ayeveng had been sitting on the path along the cliffside, watching in fascination as the ayikran stripped the carcass and gorged themselves. 
'Tse'Tsu, the Eastern Sea skinner, had expressed his desire to keep the enormous skull.  Captain Janet Henderson offered to help with her copter.  She also offered her Saw for the task of beheading the creature.  The saw had been quickly recharged with a few minutes of low hovering flight. She thought 'Tse'Tsu to be an excellent specimen of a Na'vi man and was glad to help him. With an hour, he had dismembered it and it was flown a few miles downwind of the camp.
   The satiated ayikran were perched along the cliff face, watching the activity idly.  Major Tai gathered her aysamsiyu into the Dragon and flew into low hover above the sea dragon.  Taifa' was perched on the hook, directing her hover until he could hook the heavy hide at the neck.  Tai was given the thumbs-up and she pulled up on the collective.  As the chopper rose, the heavy and tattered hide was peeled from the carcass with a disgusting sound unlike any other ever heard by man or Na'vi.  This was dragged to the top of the cliff, also downwide of the camp.  Triumphantly, the pilots slapped their hands and shouted KxYAL MRR, High Five! and 'Tse'Tsu they shouted KxYAL TSÌNg! High Four.  He laughed for the cleverness and for the fact that they had suceeded in removing the hide.  He hadn't figure exactly how to tan such a monstrosity, but thirty feet of the arched armor plating was now flown to the top of a further cliff, where he hoped it would remain.  Tai expertly dragged the hide behind the Dragon, where it stood like a long, probably stinky tunnel along the cliff.  Now it was 'Tse'Tsu's problem.  She wondered if he would regret his stinky experiment.
As the tide came in, the waves crashed higher and higher upon the cliff face.  The older ayevi, persuaded  the younger ones to climb back to the top where they could watch in safety.  'the Dragon was attached to the creature and towed out to sea with an entourage of sharklike creatures, feasting in tow.  "Um Cuz. I ain't willing to go down there and dislodge that hook."  "Well then can you shoot off the rib its attached to?"
  "As we pitch and roll, aiming directly below us? Sure piece of cake!" Taifa' actually used a grenade launcher to blow the spine in half. And he did this in a manner that allowed the hook to dislodge itself of the rib it was connected to. "Man that is some good work, Ma Taifa'!  Let's go back. We've burned lots of fuel today.  As they landed outside of camp they were met again by a cheering mob scene.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

218)~  "The mid-day meal consists of, SURPRISE, JABERWOCKY!!!" announced Alekxsi's Wade, or Alekxsiyä Weyt, if you could hear the difference in Na'vi.  The ayhumon called him that to differentiate between him and the pilot, Lt. Bruce Wade.  (Who FORBADE ANYONE from calling him Bruce. He simple didn't like his first name.) " The Eastern Sea clan is going to have to have a cooking contest to see how many ways to prepare ZhaPxerWoki!"  continued Alekxsiyä Weyt.  Once Ateyo had translated this, every emyu, cook, in the camp INSISTED that he try THEIR recipe.   Actually, it was  customary  in most Na'vi camps to wander from one cookfire to the next, sampling everyone's wares.  At first he was disappointed to find that the Na'vi did NOT chicken-fry ANYTHING in batter and hot oil.  But he was telling Txianna, "You should try  Tsahik Lamu'iteyä bouilliboise! She have some onyon/garlic flavor going on there!"
"Mmmm.  Srane, slä try some of LÌnga Rìkyä jambalaya!  I shared with her my crushed pepper idea. She's got it going!"
  "I used to cook a mean pot of boulliboise on 'Rrta." Tai was speaking to the tsahik of the Eastern Sea Clan while Ateyo translated. "Next time we come for a visit, would you allow me  to prepare my version?" She got an enthusiatic response from the tsahik as well as  Eyktan Atumopin, ngeyä muntxate, her mate.  "It would be an honor for us that you and your aysamsiyu come to visit as often as you wish!  I had hoped to have you as member of my clan when I first saw you and Ma Taifa' dancing with Fire Knives!"
   "When they have become aysamsiyu for Olo'Zongsteng Alor, I am certain we can arrange for more visits here!" exclaimed Eyktan Ikxeru.  A conversation ensued among the ayeyktan, when to have the next Iknamaya for each clan.  A proper Na'vi huntsman must first climb the Floating Mountains to "Choose" their ayikran. This would be cause for another Ftxozä, celebration, in the future.
"I found my favorite!" said Taifa' between bites.   "The Eastern Sea Clan Eyktan is making hand roll and sushi!"  The pot of boiled grain was similar to brown rice.  And the sauce was similar  to soy sauce.  There were any number of small-sea creature items and fkxen  used for texture and flavor. Tai and Ateyo and Hans Schroeder preferred the meat roasted over coals, and someone had skewered the marinaded meat on sticks.  "In a few more days more soft for frìp, for bite," explained the Emyu.   
Doctor Threadgoode and Krekori Mendelzong were deep in conversation.  Patricia Fenwick was talking to them as well.   They were happy to sample everything.  Krekori shrugged off his aversion to sea food.  His previous religous restrictions simply didn't apply to this world. There were a number of Na'vi in this community who had survived injuries that the beast had inflicted.  They were discussing the posssibilty of grafting lab-grown skin and muscle tissue.
When the meal was finished, frapo,everyone, got up to tend to daily chores.  Some helped with washing the pots. The doctors and biologists were all engrossed in an ever widening discussion.  The au pongu, drummer party, took their instruments to the Tree of Voices, Utral Aymokri. Kxeyo and 'Tse'Tsu were walking toward the huge kxetse which was more or less only skin and bones.  The pilots Wade and Daniels offered to help drag the bones off the cliff.  "That would make good habitat for fish and crustaceans when the tide come in."  'Tse'Tsu wanted to use the vertabrae for tables and such, but heavy as they were, only a few remained and were carefully stripped clean in the ensuing days.
  Pxepxi and Tanìs, who was the daughter  of the pilot Janet Henderson, were busy trading pretty rocks and feathers for little seashells with the ay'eve of the Eastern Sea Clan.  Kofi was gathering some of the many scales that had come off the kxtese.  "What are you going to do with yours?" was the question of the day.  "I'm going to build a house." "And I'm going to build a ship!"  But Kofi had another idea. "I'm going to have Ma Ateyo teach me to sew up these scales to make me a SEA MONSTER SUIT!"  Nìwotx ayeveng liked that idea and devised a game of tag were someone was a sea monster and the rest were aytaronyu.
Ateyo had a difficult time deciding where she wanted to be.  "Ma Tai, My needing  'awa tokx for drumming, 'awa tokx for uvan si hu ayeveng, ulte 'awa tokx for being tsulfätu. Not enough ME!"
  Aysahik were walkinng together toward the Utral Aymokri.   They didn't let the drumming interfere with their plans.  Neytiri had introduced Alekxsi as her sister.  Everyone was addressed as brother or sister, that in itself was not unusual.  What struck Tsahik Lamu'ite, though, was her uncanny resemblance to Sylvanin.  Tsahik Mo'at was explaining again about the web of life that Eywa had revealed to her.  And how Eywa had   combined the secret codes of Na'vi tokx and ayhumantokx and had connected the lives of Na'vi and NÌNavi ayuniltirontokx.  She explained once again how teknologi had made this possible.  They each remembered the conversation at Blue Heart Gate and especially the Well of Souls a week or two earlier.  Many others joined at the Tree of Voices to share the rhythms and the shared visions. 
   Aysahik gave themselves to the rhythms of the drumming, to the rhythms of breathing, to the rhythms of the ocean surf, the pounding of Eywa's heart.  The delicate tendrils which emanated from ayswin sought the pure energy of the Mother.  Oe 'ia Eywa. Oe 'ia Eywa.  I am at one with Eywa. Mo'at could SEE the sparkling purple vision of the mate of her mother's mother. Her grandfather. She was aware of Sylvanin, who would appear as 'eve, girl,  yet also as a grown woman. She could sense her grandfather's  loving words and kindness and guidance throughout her life.   Each of the three sharing the guidance of her grandfather even as she always had.  The vision of her child self, became as Alekxsi, and as Neytiri, all three girls sharing her spirit energy, she as sa'nok to the three.  The concept of mother/sister was only a construct of linear time and physical bodies.  Only Spirit matters.  She was overwhelmed with love, proceding from her heart as an ocean wave, carrying them all on her crest, all seeming to fly along the top of this crest, this wave of love.  She could sense Eywa moving Her loving energy towards Eywa 'Eveng, the entirety of Pandora, and saw again the tiny blue marble of Pandora growing as prrnen, a baby in the womb.  The 'ìheyu, spiral was a common design  of the galaxy and the their lives, the ayhelutral.  She wanted to know more but the AIE the vision swept her along against the darkened skies of the universe.  With a certainty the knowlege came crashing down upon her that Eywa had designed her Na'vi children to combine with her ayhumon children.  The unspeakable wonder of this overarching reality;  this vast plan  spanning time and space,  struck all who were seated beneath the Tree of Voices, all connected with the ayswin to the heart,  the spirit, the thoughts and the will of  Nawma Sa'nok, the Great Mother.       

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

219) Many others had proceeded down the western side of the cliff during low tide.  They passed  aytxärem kxetseyä (the tail bones) which had been tumbled to the cliff bottom.  Already, the Pandoran crabs were swarming and feasting on the remaining meat.  Soon the aytxärem, bones, would be devoid of remaining flesh, and bleaching out in the sun. The ayevi were mildly interested in the crabs.  They were drawn to the shore.  Some immediately began building elaborate sand castles and decorating them with seashells and scales of the txampay vrrtep, the sea demon.  Taifa' and Tai were helping the "local boys" indentify various sea creatures for sushi, but they hadn't even digested their last meal.  It was important to note for kaym, late afternoon.  Ayevi were finding larger and larger scales washing up on shore.  'Evano, some boy,  was walking through the surf holding one as large as himself, holding it overhead.  Of course, the surf knocked him down, but he discovered, to his delight, that the scale was buoyant enough to support his frame.  The wave tumbled him and the scale to shore, but not before he successfully surfed his newfound "boogie board".  Nìwotx ayeveng, all the kids, wanted to try. Even Ateyo.  Each grabbed a large scale for their new sport.
   Wade, Tai and Taifa' were reminesing about surf boards.  Taifa' related the legend how King Kamehameha invented the sport by using a heavy plank. "King ral thread mì Na'vi" Ateyo said.  But this guy named Thread also had Kame TO SEE, in his name, so he must have been a spiritual leader.  The Ateyo  mentioned this to the three, Wade, Tai and Taifa' .  Someone  also mentioned that they had a broken dugout canoe that had split straight down the middle.  The offer was made and accepted to allow pxefo to use the pieces if they wanted to make surfboards.  It sounded funny to the Na'vi  to want to stand on a plank instead of sitting in a canoe.
   "Just wait until you see all the fun we have." said Tai and Taifa' in unison.  "Then you will understand why." 
The sound of the conch horn filled the air signaling for the beachcombers to return.  The tide was creeping in as the sun dipped lower to the horizon.  Ayevi had already tired themselves out.   There were no complaints when they were called away, but they each carried their sea treasures with them in larger sea shells. The others hid their "boogie boards"  halfway up the cliff from the incoming  tide. "Tai Tae Ao, ral Incoming Tide mì Samoan, ulte Taifa'ana'e,  ral Out Going Tide."
   When Eyktan Atumpin heard this she pretended to admonish Eyktan Ikxeru.  "You realize that these aytute are better suited to my clan than to yours!  You should not keep them all to yourself!"
   "Ma Atumopin" he replied. "Oel ayngat ke yolìm! I have not bound them with ropes.  They may visit you whenever they please and for as long as they please. "Slä, ayngyä txe'lan lu oeru." but their hearts are mine. "Ulte ayngyä ayketse lu oeru!" And their tails are mine! laughed Tsahik Meykir.  Everyone who was gathered remembered the proclamation made last week  by the slightly inebriated Tsahik as she blooded Hans and Pxati.  "Tse, we will have to work out an agreement." groused Atumopin, good naturedly.
  The conch horn sounded again and all faced the West, as Tsawke, the Sun, started to melt into the ocean.  Tsahik Lamu'ite raised her hands to Eywa, to Tsawke, as well, and thanked Her for another day and voiced the trust that She would again bring the tsawke for them tomorrow. Mendllzong clasped Mo'at to his side.  This prayer was so similar to the one he prayed in Hebrew each evening!  He wanted very much to recite this one as well, being that he was reclaiming the female aspect of the Creator.  They all walked back to the camp along the ridge of the peninsula.  Most everyone was still full from the mid day meal. So everyone simply gathered in a circle to descibe their experiences and relax. 
   "Aloha, Ma Eyktan sì Ma Tsahik!" Pxepxi and Tanìs were standing side by side with their arms extended before them. "Nìn!"  They offered their seaside treasures and lei's which they had made. Not to be outdone, Kofi offered them each his two choicest scales. Each child added to the treasury in a gesture similar to GiveAway.  They each told her how much fun they had playing in the Txampay.  She and the Tsahìk indulged the children and engaged them in conversation as if they were adults.  But eventually the ayevi became restless and they were permitted to play within the encampment and away from the fires.  The ayfeyntu, adults, watched with amusement as the ayevi engaged in a rowdy game of Zhapxerwoki Tag.  Tsahik Lamu'ite thought it was adorable.   "Hona Ayevi!"
Ka'alani laughed as she overheard this.  "HONA! That means adorable!  I thought you said HONU which means sea turtle in Hawai'ian!"  Ka'alani tried to explain. "Txampayä swira aprrte te 'Rrta." She was trying to say a nice sea creature of Earth.  She pointed out the 'otang. musical instrument,  made of something that resembled a tortise shell.  HONA HONU!  Everyone was watching the ayevi reenact the Battle.  Kofi was director/star of the impromptu production, and flew an imaginary chopper, enacting the exploits of Major Tai.  Eyktan Atumopin only shook her head when she saw them playing.  "Ayfo ayevi ke lu uvan si nìfya'o, trram.  They wouldn't have been playing in such  a manner as that yesterday!  It's demise has brought our clan Safety.  She watched the ayevi pair up as ayikran sì and aymaktoyu in the V formation.  "And they are learning battle/hunting tactics at the same time!" Red Painted Na'vi exclaimed.  Again she extended her hospitality towards the Olo' Lefngapa Ikran and the Olo'Zongsteng Alor.
   "How could we possibly accept you invitation?" teased Eyktan Ikxeru, "When you can't even tell us your name?"
"Tsun miväkxu hìkrr srak?"  May I interrupt a moment?"  said Pxepxi from atop Kofi's shoulders.  "We want to show you our Ikran Flyer Dance!"
"Nìlun! Ma ayevi! Nìprrte!"  Eyktan Atumopin used the interruption in order to dodge the question.  She was smiling to herself as she watched Ikxeru through the corner of her eye.  If he had bothered to pay attention in Toktor Gracyä numsteng, school, he might have learned her name! She also thought it funny that her muntxate chose to be know as Lamu'ite rather than as Lavianu'ite.  She rather enjoyed having personal names known exclusively to each other.
   "Mìn nìtxa ftär, Mìn nìtxä skien"  the ayevi dipped and weaved. She stole a glance at ngeyä muntxate. She was smiling to herself.
"Titswusayoniri moe lu'aw,We are one in flight," the ayfeyntu watched in amazement as each set of kids, mevi, BONDED.  Ka'alani had a new appreciation of this phenomenom, having recently participated in the 'auyuä ponga, drummer's circle at the Utral Aymokri, Tree of Voices.
My ikran and I          Oeya Ikran sì Oe
Very strong         Txur, seykxel
I feel the wind         'Efu hufwet
Carrying my wings                   A oeri mesyalit spule
Upwards Upwards                   Nefä, Nefä
Through the  blue skies      Kxamlä taw Aean
"Ma Tai! Oeru meuia fwa tìtswusiyanoerihu, trray!" I would be honored if you would fly with me tomorrow. Tawng te 'aw. Dive from cliff.  And she demonstrated with her hands.
"Niprrte'! Ke pxan! Oeru meuia! 'O' "  With pleasure! I am not worthy. I would be honored, FUN!"  She then wondered if she had broken protocal and glanced at ngeyä eyktan, but he was laughing and slapping Eyktan Atumopin on her back, knowing he had been bested. Tai continued exhuberantly; "Slä when I get my own ikran, Ma Ikäeru will see me fly first, and YOU will see me fly second, and THEN Zheyk Suuli."  Jake Sully rolled his eyes and pretended insult but laughed to see such a bond formimg between the two. 
  With a final heroic stroke of genius, Eyktan Atumopin  stated, "I can assure you that I will see you secondly, because I will host the ftozä in your honor!"