ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

240)~ The aymaktoyu arrived at the kelutral of Txìkx-Txìkx-Txìpxen before the sun reached it's highest point.  Eyktan Atumopin instructed the aymaktoyu to encircle their kelutral in a large descending spiral so that they could be identified before landing.  It was odd for the Omatikaya to see the lone kelutral protruding from the vast plain.  Odd also, not to see other ayikran fly out to greet them.  There was, however, a cloud of sting bats, ayriti, that filled the sky as they landed.  Pxepxi twisted around in her seat  to stare, gape-jawwed at Ateyo. "Sa'nu!" was all she had to say.  Ateyo knew that she was thinking of all the toy ikrans that could be made with their wings.  Ateyo only shook her head and looked away.
  As they were dismounting, a greeting party climbed up to the wide branches to welcome the travelers.  "We are pleased to see so many travellers at our kelutral! I am Rolkxu'itan, son of the Eyktan.  Come!  Refresh yourselves! "  As they all climbed down the wide spiraling branches, it was clear why the Tree had survived in the vast plain.  It's roots sheltered a spring which came up from the ground.  The air beneath the tree was alive with the sound of hundreds of tiny rivulets of water that emanted from between the gnarled roots and danced away down a  slope.  The air beneath the Tree was moist and easy to breathe.  Poor Little Kofi had developed a nose bleed while flying through the parched air.  He was stricken because the edge of his tewng, his loincloth, was now striped and splotched.  "Kofi!  Frapo fpivìl ngaru lu taronyu fwa relpay mì ngeyä tewng." Everyone will think you are a hunter from the blood on your  loincloth!" laughed Pxepxi.  It made him smile despite his discomfort to realize how she had turned a negative experience into a positive outlook. "Irayo, Ma Tsmuk." he murmured gratefully to his cousin.  It wasn't long before Ateyo had produced a wet washcloth from her belt pouch, to clean his bloody face.
  The ayikrans were descending to the chuckling brook to quench their thirsty throats.  The ayfa'li that had gathered were momentarily startled, but grudgingly made room for the ayikran.
Eyktan Rolkxu strode forth and approached  Eyktan Atumopin.   "Ma Atumopin! We are honored to see you once again.  I see that you have brought guests!  Ma Eyktan Ikxeru!  You have traveled far.  Za'u! Heyn! Come! Sit!"  " Ma Lelu'tse!"  he motioned to his daughter-in-law, "Zaumunge pay ta oeyä ayfrrtu!" Bring water for our guests"  But she needn't be told, she was already placing gourd aysnegal, cups, in their hands and filling them.  Eyktan Ikxeru introduced Tai as the Eyktan of Olo'Lefngapa Ayikran.  There was some good natured ribbing about the lack of lefngap in her new ikran, and wondered how many could fly on Pìwopx Srewyu as compared to her lefngapa ikran.  Ateyo was introduced, though everyone remembered her from previous encounters. Eyktan Rolkxu then introduced his muntxatu Tsahik Avatu'ite,and her mother as well, the Nawma, great, Tsahik Avatu Koakte. Who seemed quite ancient.
  Eyktan Rolkxu beckoned to poeyä  ayhapìtxu amìp, who had just ridden in and dismounted.  
"Rutxe tivìng mikyun, ma frapo!" Please give your ears, everyone!   Srake, smon aygnar oeyä mipa ayhapitu te ayoengä olo'?"  Yes or no, do you know my new clan members?"
He allowed them to introduce themselves.  An avatar wearing a tewng trimmed in green and orange bead work stepped forward first.  "Kaltxì! Oe lu Timothy Letzkey. Slä oeru syaw TxÌm Letsim."  He said with a broad grin, "and for those who aren't familiar with Na'vi, let's get it over with:  that translates as The One and Only BUTT!  so go ahead laugh!"
And they did. The next fellow stepped forward.  He was tall and lanky and had a scar on his blue chin.  "Oe lu Pxitrr Txrum, Peter Drum. Oeru syaw Tsekxea Au. Literally Rock Drum! Get it? Peter means Rock."  He was refering to the Ancient 'Rrta Bible, which was lost on them all.  Instead the the other ayuniltìrantokx  started calling him Rocky, and started saying stuff like "Yo Adrien!" as in the less-than-ancient 'Rrta entertainment videos.
The third tutan stepped forward and said, "Oe lu Benjamin Skinner, slä oeru syaw Pxen Ta'lengyu, which  sort of means Clothing Skinner, which could be interpretted MANY ways, which I prefer to ignore!"  He must have been trying to live up to his name, because he already had fashioned a pair of raspu, leggings, which sort of fit him.
The fourth was a woman, "Oe lu Laura Tanner,sì oeru syaw Lora Txenìrr, which kind of means Beautiful and Awake."  It was also obvious that Lora was being taught the fine art of tanning hides, as the name Tanner would imply.  She had fashioned an 'are, a shoulder cape of soft leather that modestly covered her ample busom.  The fringes that draped down to her waist were each twirled into delicate spirals.  The fringes were somewhat evokative of the neural tendrils of aytswin.
  All the while the four were introducing themselves, bowls of fruits and roasted nuts were passed around, as well as water and other fruit juice beverages.  The children were "Zärìpa ayngä aysäzärìp" pulling at their reins, anxious to be playing with each other, rather than listening to the grown-ups.  
  Word had already preceded them about Swira Vrrtep Atxampay, the Demon Sea Creature.  The stories were told and retold from various perspectives, and the heroes of the day, lauded once again.  The stories of CHOOSING the ikrans caused much laughter as each maktoyu illustrated his accomplishment with pantomime.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

241)~ "Tse, Oel zene tse'a tuteo teri fa'lit".  Each uniltìrantokx translated the phrase in his or her head before looking up in surprise.  "I've gotta see a man about a horse" was a phrase used by guys for centuries to excuse themselves!  Captain Daniels wanted to know whether this was a Na'vi phrase or something that one of the Avatars had taught them.  He never got his answer because they all wandered over to the brook to talk about leather work and saddles.  As they all approached  the brook where the ayfa'li and ayikran were still drinking, a group of ayevi scattered.  Ateyo's Atanvi was stretched out and allowing Pxepxi to rub his belly.  But she was also rubbing his throat and took up his tswin in one hand.
   "NO PXEPXI NO!" But it was too late.  Before Ateyo could intervene, her young daughter had joined her neural whip with the ikran's neural whip.  Some say they saw a spark, some say they saw lightening.  Pxepxi saw stars.  She was bodily thrown ten feet and slammed onto the ground.  Atanvi looked emotionally wounded by the intrusive behavior.  Ateyo was offended because she and Pxepxi had had this talk about respecting privacy and tsaheylu, just yesterday.  Pxepxi was knocked unconscious, perhaps from the intensity of the neural connection rather than the impact of the ground.  She looked eerily disjointed as she was tossed in the air.
   By the time Ateyo reached her, she was regaining consciousness. "Oeru txoa livu, Rutxe, Sa'nu," she wept.  "Forgivness to me, please Mommy!" I just wanted to see how it felt!" she said through her sobs.
   "And now you know! Pxepxi, you could have been badly injured!  I asked you NOT to DO that! Are you OK?"
   The Tsahik Avatu had arrived nearly at the same time.  The ayfa'li and ayikran were backing away from the commotion.  Atanvi was making a distressed sound deep in his throat.  Ateyo needed to relieve his distress as well as Pxepxi's.  "OWIE OWIE OWIE OW!"  Pxepxi was obviously in a bit of pain.  Tsahik Avatu was examining the end of Pxepxiyä tswin, which was now red and swollen.  The delicate tendrils had withdrawn into a tight fist.
   "Ma Lelu'tse! Kä ne ayoengä Koakte Avatu. Tell her what has happened and bring mesnegal of the tea she prepares.  Tuteo, someone,  brought a cup of cold water. "This will help." 
Atanvi had instinctively doused his head into the cold water of the brook.  He was still making distressed sounds in his throat.  It broke Ateyo's heart when he flinched at her touch.  Ateyo could hear Pxepxi begging for forgiveness.  How could she have violated that sacred Bond? What had gotten into the child?  There was a curious cold anger in her heart for her own daughter.  She would feel pity for her later. Right now Ateyo was furious at Pxepxi's disobedience.  Atanvi was still whimpering, though at a slower frequency.  She stroked his head, though he looked at her warily.  She wondered if he would ever trust a maktoyu again?!  Would he even allow Ateyo to fly on his back?  That question would be dealt with later.  Eyktan Ikxeru held back Tai.  She wanted to rush over and comfort Ateyo and her ikran.  Pxepxi was being tended to by many, though she was blubbering for her sanu.
   No one could keep Pìwopx Srewyu away from Atanvi, though.  Tai's huge silver and blue ikran crept over to Atanvi and draped a wing over him protectively. Tai took that as her cue to take Ateyo by the elbow and lead her away.  Ateyo was wiping her tear-stained face with the back of her hand.  She gave Pxepxi a withering look, which caused tears anew.  Tai was trying to talk to Ateyo.  "Pxepxi will fly in one of the choppers for a long while as punishment.  She needs to know that what she did was WRONG and UGLY.  Even if your ikran forgives her, she shouldn't be allowed near."
   Tsahik Avatu had beckoned Tsahik Meykir, and all the other aysahik came as well.  Tai whispered in Ateyo's ear. "I know you are conflicted, because you love them both. Ask Eywa for guidance.  Pxepxi will learn from this, but your ikran will be distrustful for a long while. But you are responsible for them both."
  By now, they had returned to the scene of the occurance.  Pxepxi was still crying tears of shame and remorse.  It annoyed Ateyo that she she had garnered the attentions of the Great Mo'at.  The tsahik was sitting next to her and stroking her head while she spoke. But Pxepxi was still sobbing with an outstretched hand, "Sanu, oeru txoa livu!" Mommy forgiveness to me.
   Ateyo was as forgiving as a stone wall.  Tsahik Meykir and her daughter, Meykir'Ite took Ateyo and Tai aside, while Mo'at and Alekxsi attended Pxepxi. Mo'at spoke to the stricken child, while Alekxsi listened.  She had just talked to Mo'at about a similar experience.
   "I suppose you already know that you have done a terrible thing, don't you Child?"  Through her sobs, Mo'at could make out the words "Mommy hates me!"
   "No, Child. Ateyo doesn't hate you, but she is very hurt and angry.  Let me guess.  You disobeyed a strict order, srak."  A nod. More blubbering.  "I understand.  Some of us insist on hard lessons.  This happened to me ONCE when I was your age.  Did you know that?"
  Pxepxi actually stopped sobbing long enough to stare incredulously at the Great Mo'at.  "But you see, I am still alive!  But it was a LONG time before I dared even approach anyone.  I was pretty ashamed of myself because of my disobedience."  She had Pxepxi's attention now.  She had stopped sobbing and managed a sentence.
   "Did you try to Bond with someone's ikran?" 
   "Kehe, but maybe worse.  I took my karyu's tswin, because I wanted to experience his power."  Alexksi was remembering the experience in the secret grotto. But Pxepxi was shocked. 
   "Your teacher's?" 
   "Srane! But it is terrible to take something which is not given.  Ateyo's ikran didn't choose you.  Now he is crying."  This was sobering thought for Pxepxi.  With  her eyes, Mo'at beckoned Alekxsi to follow her.  And Mo'at left the child to her own thoughts. 

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

242)~ Pìwopx Srewyu sì Atanvi were crouched side by side in the brook.  The coolness and the movement of the running water was quite soothing to Atanvi's swollen tswin.  He had his chin on a rock.  He was wrapped in the shelter of Pìwopx Srewyuyä tsyal. Cloud Dancer's wing.  He was feeling hurt and confused.  Why had prrnen Ateyoyä, Ateyo's baby, assumed that she could tsaheyl sì without permission?  The sting of the violation was greater than that of the neural transmission.  Consciously, he extended the tendrils of his neural whip.    He was aware of Pìwopx Srewyu, and of his rider, Tai.  Ateyo was standing near his head.  Vaguely, he wondered if she could be trusted.  This prrnen was ngeyä, hers, afterall.  The water was washing away the sting of the intrusive encounter.  Images started playing through his brain.  He was watching his child self in an old memory.  He was romping around his nest and stalking his mother's ketxse.  He remembered her shocked scream as he sunk his baby teeth into her tail.  She was hurt and angry. Betrayed? But she didn't strike out at him.  Though she could have easily bitten him in two! Why was he seeing this now?  How was the water talking  to him?   A baby.  And baby's sometimes hurt when they try to be grown-up. He huffed his breath, blowing the water in front of him.  His tswin felt better.   He sat up in the water and acknowleged Ateyo.  Looking toward the sniveling brat, he gave a snort of disgust. Baby.  He flapped his wings and hissed at her, and flew off to the treetop of the kelutral keeping his tswin tucked close to his neck.
   Aysayhik had gathered together beneath the nearby Tree of Voices.  They exchanged glances of relief and smiled at each other.  Nawma Sa'nok had heard them! And so had Atanvi!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

243)~ Pxepxi spent the rest of the morning watching the other children at play.  Even Kofi was riding Pa'li.  It made her mad to think that he had dared her to commit tsaheyl si with Ateyo's ikran, when she could have been riding pa'li all day.  Stupid Pa'li. ANYONE could make the Bond with a Pa'li.  She didn't want a stupid pa'li.  She wanted an ikran of her very own. 
   "I brought you some more medicine water for your tswin, Ma Pxepxi."  Metutan sat next to her; Wade on one side and Alekxsi sat on the other side.  "Irayo , Ma Weyt. Tstunwi." Thank you Wade, that was kind of you, muttered Pxepxi.  "Mi tÌsraw si. srak? Does it still hurt?"  Pxepxi pouted her lower lip and was about to say Sran, but decided against a lie.  "Stum ke." she said. Almost not.  She liked Alekxsi, but this was the first time Wade had spoken with her.  She immediately decided that she liked this handsome fellow.  Which was well and good because she about to be gently lectured.  "May I?" He offered the tsngal of medicine water and indicated that he wanted to see her tswin.  "Nìn ko." Let's see.  Gently he held the Braid.  The swelliing was down, the redness nearly gone.  "Stum zoslo. " almost healed. He smiled and then looked at her keenly.  "What did you learn today?"
   This caught Pxepxi by surprise.  She was expecting to be scolded.  She scowled at her tswin and then at Ma Unkll Weyt. Then she sighed.  "I learned to always obey Ma Sa'nok."
   "And?" he urged her to continue.  "That was too easy,  What else?"he looked pointedly at her tswin. She was squirming with discomfort at the questioning. She could not meet his eyes.
   "Never to tsaheyl si without permission."
   "Txantsan. Very Good, Ma 'Evi." Alekxsi carressed the child's head as she spoke. "This will be an important lesson for aytutan, ulte ayswirä, niteng. for people and creatures as well.
   "Pelun Atanviyä tswin Ke lu zoslo; Why Atanvi's tswin not be hurt pehrr, when Ma Ateyol pot  fpeio. Challenged him?"
   "Kxawm, perhaps because he chose her too.  He was expecting it.  But when you took his tswin, he was not expecting that."  The child was clearly remorseful.  "Tam tam, Ma Atanvi, srak?  He's OK, Atanvi? yes/no?"
   "Oel fpil si fwa."  I think so, Wade tried to say.  Pxepxi was nodding, so perhaps he said it correctly.  "Poel lu weran mì Kelutral."  He is hiding in the HomeTree. 
   "Pol ve'ki oeti ulte Ma Ateyol ve'ki oeti." He hate's me and  Ateyo hates me.
   "Kehe!  She is very hurt and angry.  That is the NOT the same as hate.  You can love someone very much yet be hurt and angry at something awpo (One)has done. Omum?"   Pxepxi nodded her head slowly.
   Tai and Taifa' and Ka'alani came walking up.  Tai squatted down to talk with Pxepxi.  "And as for Ma Atanvi sì ngeyä sanu', mefo need some time to lick their wounds before you try to apologize.  But you will have to ride in one of the choppers for a week or more as punishment.  And not in the front seat, either."
   "Well, that goes for Kofi, as well.  He has something he needs to say."  With that Taifa' nudged Kofi forward.   His face too, was stained with tears.  He stood awkwardly before his playmate.  But she wouldn't even look at him.  "That was mean of me to tell you to tsaylu si hu Atanvi.  I am ashamed of my behavior and deserve to share your punishment."  His lines were definitely coached and rehearsed, but he meant every word. He searched her face.  But she was stubborn.  "Go away. I'm MAD at you!"
    Kofi was distressed.  "Kehe. Ma Pxepxi, don't HATE me!"
   "I didn't say HATE!  I said MAD!  That was a mean, dirty trick.  Now everybody is hurt.  I hope you are happy!"  It surprised the ayuniltìrantokx that Na'vi children express anger with the same words that ayhumon children do.  "I guess everyone needs some time to lick their wounds ." said Wade.
   Tai stood up.  "It looks like you have learned your lesson.  But you stay here, Pxepxi.  Taifa' and I are going to check on Ateyo sì Atanvi."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

244)~ Tai and Taifa' excused themselves to Eyktan Rolkxu.  His muntate, Tsahik Avatu'ite also climbed up with them. Soon pxefo were seated next to Ateyo on a large branch overlooking the Txikx-txikx-txipxen tsray, village, below.  Across from them on an equally large branch was Taiyä Pìwopx Srewyu, with his tsyal, wing, draped protectively over Atanvi.  Atanvi was still whimpering and shivering.  Tai watched meikran for a while, then said, "Tse, I don't know who is the biggest BABY about this; Atanvi or Pxepxi!"
  Ateyo cried out HEY!  While Taifa' said, "That's kind of harsh, isn't it Cuz?"
   "Kehe. Srane. Kxawm. No. Yes.  Maybe. Oe mllte, I agree this was a serious violation of personal privacy. But they sure are laying it on thick!  The pain is gone, they just seem to want pity."
   "Ma Tai, sometimes pain goes deeper than the skin." murmured Tsahik Avatu'ite.
   "Oe omum.  I understand.  But one doesn't grow strong by coddling your INNER pain."
   "My daughter DISOBEYED me!  She showed NO RESPECT for my words or for me, or for my ikran.   He trusted her to rub his belly and she TRICKED him.  I'm so hurt and angry I could spit!  Now he won't trust ANYBODY. Look at him! HE SCARED!"
  Tsahik Avatu'ite, poked Ateyo in the ribs.  "Ma Ateyo, tell me you NEVER did anything defiant or disobedient when you were Pxepxi's age."  Ateyo turned quickly and was about to defend her past behavior and present attitude.  But no words were coming to her mouth, which was gaping like a payoang out of water. Tsahik continued. "Forgiveness is crucial in letting your own heart free from the tyrrany of painful memories.  Tsapol, Someone offered you txoa, forgiveness more than once, kefyak?"  Ateyo shut her mouth and nodded.
  All eyes were on the meikran. Pìwopx Srewyu was nuzzling the smaller ikran and presenting his tswin.  But Atanvi was resistant.  They watched this encounter for a few minutes, when suddenly, Pìwopx Srewyu laid his shoulder into Atanvi and SHOVED him off the branch.  Atanvi tumbled and arrested his fall but Pìwox Strewyu was already underneath him to break his fall.  Once he recovered they both returned to their branch.  The other ayikran were flapping their wings and cheering, or so it seemed.  Atanvi was complaining bitterly but Cloud Dancer was shaking his wings and head at Atanvi, in admonishment.
   "That's YOU exactly, Cuz!  Your ikran is JUST LIKE YOU!" Taifa' was shouting excitedly. 
   "Nìlun, of course!  That's why he chose me!" 
   "And my  ikran is like me. A pouting little brat!" observed Ateyo.  Atanvi also shut his mouth and meekly raised his tswin to the larger ikran.  In tsaheylu, meikran sat with their heads bobbing to some inner rhythm.  "But you are not entirely unreasonable either, Ma Yawnetu!" Mefo bumped foreheads together, and for a moment, Tai though Ateyo was going to present her tswin.  But Ateyo then stood up and announced, "Za'u.  Let's knock Pxepxi off her branch of self-pity."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

245)~ Pxepxi was sitting alone with her knees drawn up.  She had her eyes squeezed shut and was doing her best to shut out the world and so far, everyone was allowing her a wide berth.  She didn't hear that Ateyo had crept up next to her.  A small audience had gathered.  Ateyo sat next to her daughter and gently touched her braid.  "Does it still hurt, Ma 'Ite?"
Pxepxi turned her head and did a double take.  She hadn't expected her Sa'nu to show up for another hundred billion years.  She threw herself into Ateyo's arms and words started tumbling from her mouth; "I'm sorry I disobeyed you Sa'nu! I was really bad. Please don't hate me forever. Is Atanvi OK?"
  Ateyo took the sobbing child into her arms. "Tam Tam ma oeyä 'Ite. You have said all the right things.  I think Atanvi will be alright.  The pain and swelling has gone down, like yours.  He said he was still mad at you.  He doesn't like that you took his tswin without permission.  Did you learn a lesson from this?"  Pxepxi nodded her head, but found it difficult to look Ateyo mì poeyä menari, in her eyes.  Her shame was bitterness in her heart.  "i'm a BAD person!" and tears came afresh.
  "Kehe! You are a curious child who disobeyed and did a bad thing.  If you were bad, truly bad, you would be laughing and you wouldn't care who you hurt."  Ateyo addressed the top of her daughter's head.  "I forgive you, because I know you are truly sorry and that you will never never do such a thing again."
"Oe pänutìng!" I give my promise!"
  "Niltsan! Good.  However, I'm not sure that Atanvi has forgiven you.  You will have to fly in the back of the lefngapa ikran until he forgives you."
   "ATANVI?!?"  How will I know if Atanvi forgives me?"
   "I don't know.  But we saw him talking to Pìwopx Srewyu, Taiyä tsawl ikran, Tai's big ikran.  Do you know what Pìwopx Srewyu told Atanvi?  He said GET OFF YOUR PITY PONGU, pity party, and then he did this" :  and Ateyo gave Pxepxi a playful shove and then helped her to her feet.  "Za'u. Come. I forgive you. Now we must continue our lives until Atanvi forgives you. "Moe zene tiyaron ayteylu."  You and I must hunt grubs!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

246)~  Tai and Taifa' returned to the ayikran in the treetops.  They were satisfied that all would be well with Ateyo and her child.  But now they wanted to fly.  "You can't really call your ikran KINAM for the rest of time just because you held onto it's leg!"  Tai admonished Taifa' for not renaming his ikran after the choosing incident.  "Tse, she is going to have to tell me what her name is!  She hasn't done that yet!" he replied.  Mefo checked the leather flying straps that served as a saddles.  
"Yeiawo Ko!" cried Tai'.  Let's Happily launch!
As meikran circled the kelutral, Pìwopx Srewyu called out to the reluctant Atanvi.  Grudgingly, he  joined the two.  "Yängawo ko!" observed Taifa'. Let's unhapppily launch.  But Ateyo's ikran followed along in the draft created behind Pìwopx Srewyuyä metsyal, Cloud Dancer's two wings.  After a short flight they landed beside a river.  Atanvi forgot to dip his tswin in the water, he was so busy drinking.  Tai and Taifa' exchanged knowing glances.  Having slaked his thirst, Pìwopx Srewyu gave a powerful thrust of his wings and lifted off.  "Fwa yawo ftu kllte to fwa tswayon ftu utral lu ngäzìk." 'Taking off from the ground is harder than flying off a tree.'  said Tai.   But Taifa's ikran had strong legs and made it seem effortless.
  As pxeikran landed in the branches, Tai and Taifa' could see Ateyo sì Pxepxi gathering ayteylu below.  The sun had disappeared below the horizon, and all was dim in the na'ring, the forest.   They could hear Ateyo and Pxepxi conversing below.  "Syuratan na'ringä Eywevengä lor nìtxan." 'The bioluminescence of the Pandoran forest is very beautiful.'  Ateyo was also demonstrating to Ka'alani  which mushrooms to choose.  "Fìspxam alu FÌ'u lu ftxìlor, pum alu TSA'u ngati tìspang." THIS mushroom is  delicious, THAT one will kill you'.  Taifa' was pleased that his wife was learning to identify mushrooms properly.  Give him a skewer of roasted ayteylu and a bowl of mushrooms and he was a happy man.  Nightfall was approaching, so they each had their Tsko swisaw at the ready.  Before long, Tai and Taifa' had hunted a number of stingbats. But as they descended, Tai could hear Pxepxi asking Ateyo timidly; "Ma Sa'nu oeng yawne lu sìtsap, kefyak?" 'Mommy, we love each other, don't we?'  The child was letting Ateyo know that she was aware of her misdeed. "Srane, ma 'ite." That's why I haven't fed you to the ayfalulukan."
"SA'NU!!!" Pxepxi  was grateful for Ateyo's sense of humor, though.   She understood that Ateyo wasn't letting her off the hook. She never wanted to offend Ateyo, or Atanvi again.  
  Tai pounced from the branches above and shouted, "Kä! Run, before the ayfalulukan catch you!" Pxepxi screamed and laughed and ran ahead in mock terror.  It was only then that Tai took Ateyo aside and told her about Atanvi's reluctant but successful flight. "You can fly with me on Pìwopx Srewyu tomorrow. Atanvi will fly along with us.  He can probably tsaheyl si with you. But we can give him a day, if you would like."  It would be a long flight, first to the Olo' Omatikaya then to Blue Heart Gate. Maybe two days if necessary.  If he was sore or nervous or shy, maybe he could use the break.
  Koakte Avatu chuckled with pleasure when she saw the ingredients which were arriving. She was imagining all the crispy stingbat wings that she could gnaw on.  Much to Pxepìxiyä dismay, she learned that crispy stingbat wings were a prized morsel at Olo' TxÌkx-TxÌkx-Txìpxen.  Around the campfire, she could not be persuaded to even taste one.  When Ateyo explained her plan to make toy ikrans for the youngsters, it suddenly became clear to the ayfeyntu, the grown-ups.  It represented another supposed loss to the child.  
  Taifa' made a big show of appreciating the ayteylu which were served, licking his fingers noisily, just to make her laugh. "Umm, ayteylu a oel yerom lu ftxìlor." 'MMM the grubs I'm eating are delicious.'  Ka'alani gave Taifa' a big elbow in the ribs and asked aloud, "Taifa'l so'ha teylut  nìhawng nì'it, kefyak?" 'Taifa like grubs a bit much, don't you think?'
 A young woman named Pfäkìr brought out hot wash cloths so that every one could clean their  hands and faces.  This made Meykir'ite smile to think that someone in this tribe had taken on the same task that she was famous for at Olo'Zongsteng Alor.  Ka'alani was grateful for clean hands, because she then asked for her ukelele.  Daniels brought it from his chopper. Unfortunately, no one had thought far ahead enough to bring Tai's and Taifa's nifo oti.  There would be no fire knife dance tonight.  But Ka'alani filled the evening air with her sweet voice and the lovely musical tones from her new ukulele.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

247)~Pxepxi was avoiding Ateyo, but seeking sympathy and acceptance where ever she could at the fire circle.  She sat herself near Auntie Alekxsi sì Unkle Weyt. "Oeri nì'i'a tswin zoslolu" My tswin is finally healed.  She displayed her fully recovered twsin to mefo, who carefully examined the pro-offered tswin. Wade murmured,"Ngari tswintsyìp sevin nìtxan lu nang!" 'What a pretty little queue you have!'  "Eywal zeykolo ngat nìwin!"  'Eywa has healed you quickly.'  Alexandra added mì Ìnglìsì, "That sure must have hurt! I'll bet you won't do that again!"
   The child did not understand her words, but focused on the attentive listeners.  In Na'vi, she poured forth the entire story of her curiosity (Alekxsi caught the word LEOMUM) and her seeming bond with Atanvi (Pxepxi was pantomiming rubbing his tummy).  In the end, she got gentle lectures from all the ayfyeyntu, adults, reprimanding her for disobeying Ateyo and violating Atanvi's trust.  The child sat down quietly, thwarted in her attempt to garner more sympathy.
  Ateyo was distracted by Ben Skinner, Pxen Skìnrr.  "FÌraspu' 'ekxin lu nìhawng. Ke tsum yivemstokx.  'These leggings are too tight.  I can't wear them.'  Mefo were discussing the various means of increasing their girth, most of which were simple fixes using longer laces or  straps.  Pxen was concerned that his fringes would be placed incorrectly.  Ateyo thought the fringes represented an extravagant use of leather.  He explained, as best he could, his use of scrap leather.  Ateyo had to admit that the vissual effect was quite pleasing.
  A little further away. aymaktoyu were speaking with Eyktan Atumopin.  She was asking about the impromptu saddles. "Ngal molay' pxawtokxit ngeyä ikran, a krr pekxinum?" When you tried on the body strap(cinch) for your ikran,  how tight was it?'  Ateyo was pulled away and asked for advise on cinches and saddles.  Wade and Alexandra kept Pxepxi involved in childlike conversation.  "Layu taronyu krra fyeyn?" 'Will you be a hunter when you are mature?' Alekxsi liked the notion that fyeyn means ripened, or mature, as well as grown or adult.  Pxepxi admitted her misgivings and was digging her toe in the dirt, thoughtfully.
"Kxawm."  perhaps. Slä set lu ...Now I being fear."
Uncle Wade invited her close. "Za'u Pxepxitsyìp. Come, Little Pxepxi.  Krra ikranil ngati ftxey nìteng, nga layu alakxsi, omum?" When an ikran chooses you as well, you will be ready, understand?"  Other aytaronyu were contributing to the conversation for her sake and the sake of the future aytaronyu, who were ALL listening.  Hides were lain upon the ground with bulrushes and grasses for padding and pillows.   Meykir'ite, the daughter of the tsahik of Olo'Zongsteng Alor, offered to sleep nearby, in case Pxepxi needed someone to talk to when their "spirits were away."  Tai and Ateyo agreed, thinking that it would be in keeping with the notion that she was being  admonished by the soaia, yet still accepted among the 'olo.   Little by little, conversations and campfires died down, and Pxepxi was left staring at the syuratan, bioluminescense of the jungle.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

248)  The sound of rotorblades slapped the morning air.  Colonel Hans Schroeder made wide circles around the Kelutral of Olo'Txìkx-txìkx-txìpxen looking for a place to set down without disturbing the ayfa'li which were grazing, slurping, the sweet syrup from the pitcher plants, Pa'liwll.  He found a grassy patch and his Dragon was soon encircled by whooping aysamsiyu mounted on the very same ayfa'li that he had tried not to disturb.  Although everyone had been forewarned of the Dragon, no one had explained it to the alfa'li.  The aysamsiyu were hard pressed to maintain control over their mounts.  The last recollection the beasts had of those oblects  involved terror.
  "Oel ngati Kameie" saluted the Colonel.  He wished Pxatxi was with him.  She was much more relaxed in social situations.  Eyktan Rolkxu leapt from his pa'li so that he would appear that much shorter to the mehumon who were also climbing out of the chopper.  "Oel ngati Kameia", said Txianna sì Melvin with a gesture from the forehead that had less military flair than the Colonel's. 
   "Za'u nìprrte te ayoengä kelutral, Olo' Txìkx-txkìkx-txìpxen.  Oe lu Eyktan Rolkxu, ulte fìtute lu ma oeyä muntxate, Tsahik Avatu'ite." Come pleasurably to our Clan Tik-tik tipen.  I am Leader Rolkku, and this woman is my mate, Tsahik Avatu'ite.
   Eyktan practiced their names a few time, Txianna ulte Melvin, ulte  Hans Tsreytrr, and strolled with pxefo under the broad cover of the kelutral.  Eyktan Ikxeru had accompanied the Eyktan of the Pa'li clan.  His mipa hapìtu greeted him formally and then more warmly, especially because Tsahik Meykir ran towards them with outstretched arms.  Kxeyo had kept himself out of Txianna's line of vision.  He wasn't sure how she would react to seeing him after these few days.  But a delighted squeel was his reward.  He swept the yumon woman into his strong blue arms, murmuring, "Nga lolom lu oer, ma oeyä yawntu!" I have missed you, My Beloved!"  They exchanged a brief kiss, but even after she regained her feet they clung to each other as if years had passed.  Tsahik Avatu'ite  and LeLu'tse exchanged glances with the other aytute.  That glance conveyed a covert understanding that these young lovers should spend time under the Tree of Voices tonight.
   Major TaiTaeAo took Colonel Schroeder aside and admitted, "I was starting to get worried about you.  I figured you would be here yesterday afternoon."
   "We would have been here yesterday,slä tompa 'eamko nìhawng, ha zene awnga kllwamo."  He wasn't sure if he had stated it correctly.  He hoped he had said, 'The rain was too strong, so we had to land.'
"Tawri fyape?" asked a taronyu whom he didn't recognize. 'What is the sky like?'
  "Lepwopx tstu." 'Completely clouded to the west.'  Hans gestured to the west  not knowing the words for the cardinal directions. "Txan yerap." Big storm.  "Mit Rawmpxom. HU. Hu rawmpxom." With thunder and lightning." Frapo, everyone had returned to the open meadow to gaze at the clouds.  The pilots were pointing out the front and trying to predict the weather; describing  winds aloft and the collapsing thunderheads.  Farther south the vawma aypìwopx, dark clouds provided a stark contrast to the forked lightning which sliced to the ground.  Taronyu syaw Tahovit used two fingers to describe this to Taifa'.  "Atanzaw. Atan is light ulte zaw is arrow. alu tsko zwiZAW".  Taifa' was pleased that this taronyu spoke a few words of Ìnglìsì.  The tutan continued; "Ngeyä ikraniri alu tsamopin te atanzaw mì tokx."  The hunter indicated the  markings like warpaint on Taifa's ikran.
   "Him saying SAN: You ikran is like warpaint of forked lightning on him tokx, him body:SIK"  Ateyo had used SAN/SIK instead of quote/unquote.
  "Hey yeah! Oe mllte. I agree. Yes. Sran. ATANZAW.  That has a nice ring to it." said the Big Samoan.
"So ha'!  Great! Much better than kinam!" LEG!".  said Ka'alani.  "Set, oeyä ikranru  meuianga' tstxo! Now your ikran has an honorable name!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

249)~  "Za'u. Yom ko lisre sop." Let's eat before we travel!" said Lelu'tse.  Some of her concern was for the travellers, but also she had already prepared many food wraps, and there was a big pot of strong tea simmering over her campfire.  Over the morning meal, the seating arrangements for travellers was established.  Many had ridden their ayikran.  Mo'at and Mendllzong were to ride in the Dragon with Hans.  Which suited Mo'at just fine.  Koakte Avatu declined the experience.  She was happy enough to sit in the Kelutral, "All by myself."  But she was laughing toothlessly, knowing that her guilt trip had fallen on deaf ears.  Most of the olo' would remain at the camp!
  Ateyo called to her child. "Za'u fìtseng, ma 'itetsyìp." Come here, little daughter. "'Nga zo, srak?"  You are recovered, yes/no?"  Pxepxi nodded vigorously, hoping beyond hope that Mommy would offer a ride upon her ikran.  "NÌltsan! Then you can ride with Ma Mendllzong sì Ma Mo'at."  Pxepxi almost protested, but realized that a protest would appear as an insult to Mo'at and Mendllzong.  "Oeru meuia." she murmured and slipped her hands into theirs.  Ateyo and Mo'at exchanged a knowing look.  a good strategy.
  Tsahik Meykir spoke to Txianna. "I suppose you will be riding with Ma Kxeyo?!"  The yumon tute nodded and blushed. Kxeyo wondered about his mother. "Ma Sa'nok? Will you be riding with Tsahik Meykir?"
  "Kehe!  That's for you youngsters!  I will ride with Ma Mo'at and her handsome man!" said Lìnga Rìk.  She had never been a hunter and was usually never away from her homefire.  Riding an ikran was a necessity that she would gladly avoid.
  "Oh no!" wailed Pxepxi, anticipating a ride filled with admonishment. "TWO wooden spoons!"  She got  pity from no one.
  "Ma Rolkxu sì Ma Avatu'ite, oeru meuia txo menga tswayivon oehu. "Ma Rolkxu and Ma Avatu'ite, it would be my honor if you two would fly with me."  Hans Schroeder was thinking that all would arrive on the same day, if they didn't have to wait for pa'li riders to catch up with them all.  
  Mo'at was very happy.  "Oeru sunu ferrfen koake 'awm."
  Ka'alani translated in her head, "You like to visit the old camp, Peseng koake 'awm?"  Mo'at looked surprised that she didn't know.  " 'Awm Tsumongwì!   Right near the Blue Heart Gate, where we met before!  It used to be the encampment of the Omatikaya, and other clans, before we outgrew the location."  She watched the astonished  expressions of the ayhumon ulte ayuniltìrantokx with pleasure.   She waited for Ateyo to translate. All were anxious to know more about the history of the encampment.  "But I suppose I could tell everyone at once when we all arrive."  They all seemed to groan, knowing that they would not be able to argue with her.  She smiled to know that she was torturing them sweetly.
"Tse, we are wasting time!  We should fly!" suggested Eyktan Atumopin.  She grabbed Tsahik Lamu'ite by the hand and sprang to her feet.  She stopped in her enthusiasm and looked to Eyktan Rolkxu for approval.  He shrugged his shoulders with a grin and said, "MAKTO KO!"
 The aymoktoyu raced to the treetops.  Their ayikran screamed with joy when they approached.  Atanvi hesitated when Ateyo approached and regarded her cautiously.  He looked around to see if the Offender had followed her upwards.  Ateyo checked his straps and assured him that she was no where near.   She presented her tswin, but he turned his head away.  He was surprised to see her mount up behind Tai on Pìwopx Srewyu.  If an ikran could look surprised and wounded, it was Atanvi.  Once they had all mounted up, the cries of MAKTO KO and YAWO were shouted.  Atanvi let out a squawk and dived off the branch in close formation behind the big blue and silver ikran.  Tai smiled to herself because it seemed to her that Atanvi had shouted "HEY! WAIT FOR ME!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

250)~ "Nothing could be better than flying my ikran with ma oeyä kalina Ateyotsyìp wrapped around me." thought Major Tai. "Tse, having a saddle might help!"  There was an embarrassing moment when Ateyo had sat so close behind Tai that her kxetse was in an obtrusive place.  Ateyo might have had a great time of that but Tai had hissed SPOON! to make her behave herself.  She was worried about the ominous cloud formations.  The storms that were to the west and south were now moving east, away from the general direction they were all flying towards.  Which was good for today.  She wondered grimly how long it would take for the "toilet bowl effect" to return the storms in their direction.  In clear weather,  the Dragon could easily outpace the ikrans. But with any luck, the ayikran pongu (party)would be at the Omatikaya Kelutral  long before nightfall.  Ayikran sensed the worry of their riders.  They each sent thoughts of assurance to their riders.  They were confident that they  could reach the Omatikaya Kelutral before the storm.  Even towing Atanvi with them.
  As they circled the Omatikaya Kelutral, they could see the Dragon but none of the Samsons.  That was puzzling and a bit disturbing to Tai.  She was doing a tally in her head; Her samson was still parked on a cliff over looking the Eastern Sea.  Daniels had taken his to the Pa'li Clan.  Where was Janet Henderson? But the repid descent caught her attention.  Pxìwopx Srewyu was about to land, and she ought to be paying attention.  To her knowledge, her ikran had never landed here, but he seemed confident and comfortable.  Atanvi landed beneath his outstretched wing and immediately extendeded his head,and tswin, towards Ateyo, even before she had dismounted.
   "It looks like Atanvi is jealous that you were riding on Pìwopx Srewyu with me!"
   "Fmokx? Nga lu fmokx?"  Jealous? You are jealous?  Ateyo and Atanvi were forehead to forehead, re'o eo re'o. She was scratching beneath his chin enjoying a quiet moment, but before they even had a chance to Bond,  he suddenly reared back his head and hissed.  Pxepxi had climbed up the utral to greet her mother, but met the disapproval of the bronze colored hi'ikran (little ikran)  Like any ten year old, she burst into tears, broken hearted not to have regained his trust.  Ateyo left Atanvi's head and leapt down to the branch where her disappointed daughter was trying to suck down her tears.  Atanvi was disgruntled to see that Ateyo still had alligience TO THE OFFENDER.    He sat back to sulk as Pìwopx Srewyu seemed to  gently chide him.
"Kä ne kllte ko." Let's go to the ground, suggested Ateyo. Atanvi could be be heard protesting as they descended the huge tree.  Mo'at was seated on her log as stately and formidable as she could be.  Neytiri as gracious as ever, offering food and drink.  "Ayngaru 'efu ohawk, srak?"
"Kehe! 'Efu väng Ma Neytiri!" came each reply and she offered  tsngal pay, a cup of water.  Near her side was the yumon, Ted Demaria, who had defected from the RDA a few months earlier.  It wasn't before long, that Ted Demaria made eye contact with Tai and Colonel Schroeder  "Nga zo, srak?" You are recovered, yes/no?" asked Tai.  "Srane, Sran," said Demaria and motioned with his head for them to confer with him.  Tai motioned for Taifa' and his pilots to come.  "Where is Henderson?" asked Tai.  "Tell you later.  Small snafu."
  Away from the crowd, Ted was eager to share.  "Ever since I got here, I've been working with JakeSully and Norm to retrace my steps  and figure out where the RDA camp is.  I think I've got it pin pointed now, and I'd be glad to show you."
  "So 'ha! Great! Slä are you sure you remember correctly?"  Colonel Schroeder had given Jake and Norm their own discretion with this process. He simply listened as Ted continued.  "Neytiri took me to the Tree of Voices and had me lay down.  She asked Eywa to help me remember  the way I walked to the Well of Souls.  Then Jake and Norm and I would retrace my steps until I was certain.  In my vision, I drew down on two fellas, had my sights on them, but they each had MY FACE, so Eywa had me let them live.  But the most insane guy, Audey Davis, had the exact same face as Quaritch. He's gotta die."  All the warriors nodded in mute agreement.  "If Eywa has shown you this guy is like Quaritch, and it's not just you projecting your own judgment, then this is a sure sign.  Ma Jake, is that holographic map still operational in the RDA control room?"
   "Good question.  I can ask Max, but he took out that part of the building during the uprising.  I don't even know if there is still power in there."
  "Well, let's check with Patricia Fenwick.  She could grant us permission to check it out.  Where is Max, anyways?" wondered Tai.
   "Right behind you.  I thought Alekxsi and Wade would never get back from the Beach Party!  But yes, there are guys working on that circuitry, and have been for years.  In fact, I'm kind of surprised that Shy Kirby didn't request to go back there. I think he stayed here only for the benefit of the Avatars, because he really loved that holographic map.  To the best of my knowledge, he got it up and running again, before he came here, to the Omatikaya Kelutral." said Max.
   " KOSMAN! Ma Ted, will you come with us to the Blue Heart Gate tomorrow, and show us on the map, where the RDA camp is?" said the Major.
   "I can show you where I think it is.  They might have moved it by now, especially after my disappearance.
   "But they think you were eaten by Palulukans, kefyak?" said Colonel Schroeder.
   "Ayfalulukan, srak. Sorry.  Neytiri corrects me a lot! Yeah. They might have dropped their defenses."
   "We will need to fly a recon sortie just to see if they remained at their base." said Major Tai thoughtfully.  "So ha'!  Great! You will fly behind me on my ikran, srak?  We are going there tomorrow to claim some Avatars. We will go look at that map and make a plan.  We can work this storm to our advantage."
     JakeSully said, "Let's join the others before we arouse much suspicion."
    "Oe mllte," agreed Tai, She took a step forward but turned on her heal. "Not a word of this  to anyone. Not a word."  Everyone nodded and tried to look non chalant as they rejoined the group.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

251)~ The air was heavier and muggier than usual.  Dianna was too excited to eat, Melvin was nervous.  So was Nìm Kirby, Shy Kirby.  Alexanda and Wade were in yumontokx, just to see off the travellers.  The ikran moktoyu had already taken off.  There was idle speculation about the secretive meeting that had been held with TEtx Txemaria as everyone finished their  meal.  When walking to the chopper landing field, another set of rotor blades was heard.  Over the radio was heard the voice of Janet Henderson.  "Did you miss me?"
   "STUM KE!" repled Daniels.  Almost not.  "She wondered where you were but there was enough distraction that she dropped the subject.  Have you got the saddle?"
   "Roger that! And the saddle maker as well!  I'll circle around so that we can fly in formation!"  As her chopper passed overhead, Tompa'Ivong could be seen in the doorway, kxetse waving in the breeze.  He had been working feverishly to complete the saddle for Ateyo's ikran.  He would have preferred to spend more time working on it but was pleased with the embellishments he added.  It would serve well for the long flight back to Olo'Zongsteng Alor.  He knew that she would be pleased.  He couldn't wait to see her expression when he presented it to her.
   The sleeping bags that had been piled into the Dragon were already damp from the heavy moisture in the air. Tompameyp, a weak rain filled the air from time ot time.  But Mendllzong made a nest for himself and Mo'at and little Pxepxi, who was trying really hard not to sulk.  She hadn't even shouted MAKTO KO when they took off.  But the droning of the engines created an oddly soothing noise.  Or perhaps it was simply the calming energy of his Mo'at.  She was nestled against him and Pxepxi was in her lap.  Mo'at had placed her hand across the child's heart and murmured, "Tam Tam, ma Oeyä 'Itetsyìp, ngari txe'lan mawey livu." There there, little daughter, may your heart be calm.
   When the chopper set down near the compound, pxefo almost did not awaken.  But Mendllzong was grateful to get the sleeping, sweaty  bodies off  him.  He spent a minute stomping and shaking his limbs to regain circulation and smiled meekly before climbing down.  "Te kllte ko!" Let's get to the ground.  Pxepxi was delighted to by "flown" to the ground in his arms when he said "Spä!" jump!  As was Mo'at, who delivered him a quick smile and an admonishing scowl when he twirled her to the ground and stole a kiss.  Pxepxi didn't miss that exchange.  "Ma Lìnga Rìk! Get your spoon for BOP Ma Mendllzong!" As Mendelson helped Kxeyo's mother  to the ground, she smiled and said, " I will do no such thing!"  Her smile told Mo'at that she was grateful that Mo'at had found such a loving mate after her Eytukan had been taken.  She took the hand of Mo'at.  She was missing the tenderness of her own Pakxu, who had been killed in the same war eight years ago. 
   Henderson, Daniels and Lt. Wade took their choppers to the edge of the jungle to meet the ikran riders and to ferry them back to the compound.  The ayhumon were nearly beside themselves with anticipation.  In the excitement and rush, no one had noticed that Tompa'Ivong had emerged from the other side of the chopper carrying a large bundle wrapped in soft leather.  It suited him fine to make his way to the encampment alone . The group would meet him at the encampment soon enough.  He didn't really like big groups, but he really wanted to present the saddle to Ateyo,  himself.  He would take this time to check his stitching while he waited for them to arrive.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

252)~Mo'at and her entourage sat themselves at the picnic tables.   A row of hi'i, tiny,  ayhumon were lining up at the back entrance of the complex.  Mo'at shuddered to think of the aytokx aean floating in their tanks devoid of spirit.  She didn't even like gazing upon sleeping ayuniltìrantokx, but she accepted the fact, no matter how unpleasant.  She was grateful that Eywa had circumvented that problem for her Krekori.  She smiled at him absently, wondering how Eywa would solve this problem for the other ayuniltìrantokx. She didn't relish the idea of having to undergo the transference ritual with all one hundred of them, as she had done for Jake.  The other aysahik would have to help their own ayuniltìrantokx achieve their transference.  Neytiri walked up behind her and placed her hands on Mo'ats  shoulders.  "Ma Sa'nok, you look troubled."
  "Srane.  Oe perlltxe te ayuniltìrantokx liyu aytirea 'awstengyem alu Ma Zhake."  I am thinking of the DreamWalkers who will need spirits connected, like Jake.  Fu Ma Mendllzong."
   "Mmm. Permanently attached.  I don't know Mother.  Eywa has brought us this far.  Perhaps she has a plan.  It is said that their teknologee will last many lifetimes.  And they all agree that they will be happy to have existed in a Blue Body, if only for a short while. In the end, do we not share this same feeling?"  Mo'at took her daughter's slender hand in hers and pressed it against her own cheek.  She smiled to think how wise her daughter had become.  Indeed. Why worry about a thing that you can not control?
   The back door of the facilitee swung open and six new blue bodies came bounding out.  Txianna, of course, raced over to Kxeyo's arms.  He twirled her in his arms, much as Mendllzong had done with Mo'at.  Mekoakte (the two old women) at the table exchanged glances; Mo'at sÌ Lìnga Rìk, ulte aysahik to even, the younger tsahiks, smiled at the young love realized in similar bodies.  JakeSully was greeting Shy Kirby, who was gallavanting in a not-so-shy manner.  Eyktan Ikxeru was greeting Melvin who remained shy but was simply awestruck.
They were lead to the Avatar sleeping quarters, where fresh clothes were already laid out.  Melvin and Kirby chose shorts and Hawaiian shirts.  Loincloths would come later if at all!  The pilots had welcomed Sargent Barilla and Sargent Brandenburg, and MasterSargent Louis Rivroir, the Communications Tech. presented them with their very own, hand painted pxetewng, three loincloths, emblazoned with chevrons and rockers.  "Ah man! Now I'm going to be embarrassed everytime someone salutes my rank!"  They were happy to see giant-sized uniforms available as well. 
   Tai did a head count and said, "Tse, that makes six, who are the OTHER two?"  Right on cue, a sonic boom was heard.  They stepped out of the hut and proceeded to the tarmak.  A shuttle would soon be landing.  The aysahik stayed in the Avatar Sleeping quarters were it was shaded.  Someone was bringing in a tray of fruit and some water.  They would wait comfortably.
   Hans Schroeder and Pxati Fenwick greeted the shuttle pilots as they climbed down from the cabin once the engines started to spool down.   "Oel ngat Kame" was delivered with a sharp salute.  Somehow, it  seemed right.  "Sorry we're late for our own party!  We brought this second half of a Remote Link Site down before we finished our day's work!" said the tall blonde David Rom. 
   "And you will be pleased to see all the fuel that we brought down for your birds, Colonel Schroeder!"  Jeanine Black Elk's dark eyes sparkled and shone like the beadwork she had added to the lapel of her uniform.  I'll have my boys fill your underground tanks before the day is through.  Pxati checked over the manifest and called her crew chief over and transfered the data from her manifest to his electronic clipboard. "Za'u, ma oeyä meylan!  Let's get you BLUE!"  Within twenty minutes, two new blue bodies had entered the garden.  Jeanine Black Elk had no qualms about wearing a loincloth.  She had been wearing a human sized tewng since she became hapitu of Olo'Vawma Ora, member of Clan Dark Lake.  And she had already created a beaded and fringed tewng for her blue self.  More than once she encountered the same sentiment.
   "I thought you would have gravitated towards Olo'Txìkx-txìkx-txipxen, Ma Pxlak ElKx."
   "Are you type casting me because I am Lakota? Kehe! I've got to FLY!"
   David Rom had chosen a flight suit with a hole for his kxetse.  He also now referred to himself as Tahovit Rom, because it sounded better than Txayvit.  He was disappointed to see that their eyktan had not arrived.  Even from space he could track the storm systems that had been interferring with travel.  Perhaps they would arrive in the evening.  He noticed that Jeanine's eyes kept scanning the treetops.  She was expecting ngeyä Pfor'atsu!  But he surprised her by sneaking up behind her.  He was Kxeyo's cousin from Olo'Zongsteng Alor and had flown in with the clan by way of Eastern Sea and the pa'li clan.  The two enjoyed an overlong kiss until they were distracted by the whooping and hollering.
   The migration of Na'vi and ayuniltìrantokx to the old encampment was facilitated by the use of lefnapa ayikran, acting as low hover taxis.  The laughter of the ayektan si aysahik filled the heavy air beneath the canopy of luminescent leaves.   As they approached, they could smell a cook fire and were surprised to find Tompa 'Ivong serenely weaving a leather strap which was anchored to his toe.  He had already toted water skins to the campfire and was using a pot that had ben left there, to simmer some tea.
   "Ma Tompa!"  What a surprise!" exclaimed Ka'alani as she sat next to him.  She was clutching her ukelele with which he had gifted her .  Kofi and Pxepxi had thrown themselves at him, only to be deflected by Ateyo and Ka'alani.  "Ftang! mengal tsun tse'a pot lu 'ìn, srak?" Stop! You two can see that he is busy, yes/no?  But Tompa 'Ivong as grateful for the openness of their love,and leaned away from his work to give them each a kiss.  Pxepxi looked at him intently and said, "I didn't know that you were coming!  How did you get here?"
   He gave her sly grin and spread out his arms.  "I flew! Oe zamunge steli fpi Ma Ateyo!"  He looked up at Ateyo and smiled. "I hope you like this.  Eywa said that you needed a saddle!"  "You finished it? Already?" Ateyo stooped down to receive the gift from his hand. "Txan lora!" she exclaimed as she unwrapped her gift.  Quickly she displaced Pxepxi from his side and sat next to him for a one armed hug.  "Txe'leng Zhapxerwoki!" she exclaimed. "Let's go see if it fits!"  She jumped to her feet and helped Tompa 'Ivong free himself of his project.
She looked askanse at Pxepxi. who was unwilling to be rejected by Atanvi once again. But Ka'alani came to the rescue.  "Oe  ziyamong ayevi fpi a slele." I'll take the kids for a swim.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

253)~ Ateyo and Tompa 'Ivong raced up the kelutral.  Breathlessly, Tompa 'Ivong leaned against the trunk and said, "Ma Ateyo, nga nìngay lu SyakSyuk! Nga lu WÌN!" Ateyo you are truly a lemur! You are FAST!"  Atanvi regarded the newcomer cautiously, but welcomed the hunk of dried jaberwocky that Ateyo offered.  Underneath the protective wing of Pìwopx Srewyu, they slipped the saddle onto his withers, and fastened the breastplate below his sturnum.  Tompa 'Ivong produced a small clay jar from his belt pouch.  "Use oil from fkxen only, not animal fat."   His jar had a waxy white substance with a pungent odor.  "Rub it into the leather every day for five days, and every week thereafter.  Use it for your raspu, your leggings, when you make them.  Also, this stuff repels, ayhi'ang," insects!
"KETEPEU!" Fahew. wHAT is THAT? it stinks! Repels FRATO! 
   Atanvi spread out his wings and puffed up his chest.  It seemed to Ateyo that he was really proud to be wearing his new saddle.  It had ample saddle bags and even a pad with stirrups for a little passenger.  Ateyo regarded this grimly, wondering when Atanvi would forgive her daughter for her intrusion into his privacy.  "Tse, pelun pey"  Well why wait? "May' tsat!"Try it!
   Frapo were standing in a clearing, examining the clouds and the weather patterns.  Atanvi  took great pleasure in buzzing the crowd with a loud scream.   He circled low and came to face them.  He alighted nimbly before them, proudly displaying  his new saddle.  He threw his  head back and gave another screech!  "Seykel sì Nìtram" Proud and Happy, shouted everyone. "Shekel sì Nìtram!" shouted Mendllzong.  He was rewarded with  an elbow to the ribs from Norm. "Seykel!, Not shekel!"  a shekel was a coin of Israel. From 'Rrta.  It had been Mendelson's secret joke since he learned to say congratulations in Na'vi.  "Oe omum! Slä, i've been waiting for the right occasion to say dis!"
  "Mivay' ko!"  Let's test your saddle, said Tai.  She gave out a shrill three note whistle, which surprised many of the Na'vi who had never  heard such a thing.  Immediately, a cry was heard from the treetops.  Pìwopx Srewyo, leapt from the utral and plummeted to the ground, only  to arrest his fall at the last moment and came to land gracefully, next to Atanvi.  MAKTO KO! cried Ateyo si Tai, nearly in unison!
    They took to the sky and made a victory lap around the utral. As they circled round the far side of the tree, Ateyo could see ayevi playing in the water.  Her attention was riveted on a lone figure, seated on a rock.  As she was in tsaheyl with Atanvi, he turned his attention to Pxepxi,  as well.   
  She hadn't wanted to frolic in the river,  she felt tainted. A self-imposed out-cast.  She hugged her knees and watched the other children blankly.   At least she had tried to be sociable.  She sat drying herself, but a shadow passing overhead momentarily blocked that warmth.  She only had a few seconds to scramble to her feet and back away before Atanvi landed on the very same rock.  "Za'u, ma ite'tsyìp!  Ma Atanvi plltxe SAN: Makto Ko :SIK"  Come Little Daughter. Atanvi says QUOTE: Let's Ride! :UNQUOTE
    Bewildered, Pxepxi stood gawking, not certain that she could believe her eyes.  "Tse, pelun pey?, Nefä ko!" Well what are you waiting for?  Let's go upwards!"  Ateyo leaned down and offered her hand and Pxepxi nearly flew through the air to mount up behind Ateyo.  Her legs fit the stirrups perfectly!  MAKTO KO! shouted Ateyo.  The elation of being airborne was nearly the same as being forgiven.
   They spotted a small herd of fwampop grazing by the riverside.  These creatures reminded Tai of South American Tapirs.  They had shot a few of these before the Jaberwoxky incident.  They were good tasting meat.  And her stomach was demanding to be fed.  She pulled out her tskow and nocked a swizaw.  She picked her targets and silently said the prayer for the beasts.  In quick succession she knocked down two. Whooping and screeching came the answering call, reminding her that she had been observed by lahe aytaronyu, other hunters.  Now she wondered how she would deliver the beasts to the People.  But Pìwopx Srewyu sì Tai, solved that question by swooping down and grabbing the creature in his talons.  He dragged it  closer to the camp in low flight and dropped it when he need a break.  Atanvi had tried to follow suite but try as he might, he wasn't able to lift the carcass.  The big silver and blue ikran and Tai circled back to help the small one.  Lahe aytaronyu had followed tsamefo, those two, as soon as they were able.  Pìwopx Srewyu sì Tai decided that now was the time to show off, and lifted his prize and set it near the kelutral before returning for the second one. Eyktan Ikxeru ulte JakeSully each shot down a fwampop, and so did Taifa'.  Young Pxakxo was about to shoot another, but Eyktan Ikxeru called him off, determining they had met their quota.
    Taronpongu, the hunting party, returned to the treetops, and Pxepxi was giggling with delight.  Not only had Atanvi, forgiven her, but he had taken her on a flight AND a hunt!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

254)~ Taifa' landed his Atanzaw next to Atanvi and Pìwopx Srewyu.  "Looks like the storm is going to miss us tonight, Cuz" said Taifa' as he checked his flying straps.  "And it looks like Atanvi has forgiven Pxepxi."  The child's grin was indelible.  Tai had a thoughtful look on her face.  "Ma Ateyo, Rutxe, mefo kllkä ulte srung si tÌkangkem si aytxe'leng."  Ateyo, please, you and Pxepxi go down, and help with the skinning.  "I'll return for dinner."  Ateyo wasn't used to being excluded from anything Tai did, and her abrupt tone was unsettling. MAJOR Tai was in operation.  However, she nudged Pxepxi in the proper direction.  They looked over their shoulders on their descent and watched as Tai and Taifa' climbed back onto their meikran.  This troubled Pxepxi and she asked; "Peseng tsamefo kä?" Where are those to going? 
    "Ke omum, I don't know."   replied Ateyo.  "Poe lu olo'eyktan te Lefngapa Ayikran.  Kxawm. poe plltxe moenga, maw." She is the Clan Leader of the Metal Irkans.  Perhaps she will tell us two, later.  As she spoke, a low rumble thundered ominously across the distant sky.
   " 'Rrpxom!" Thunder! said Pxepxi with her eyes widened.
  "Moeng kempe si fwa poel plltxe ko." Let us two do as she said. "Ne kllte ko!" Let's get down!
   Ateyo and her daughter descended the kelutral while Tai and Taifa' flew down to their chopper.  They need to send a scrambled message to Eana Txe'lan Steng.  Blue Heart place.  The radio static distorted their voices over the airwaves, scrambling their message even more than was intended.  But eventually they both pieced together her response to their request;
  COPY THAT...TONIGHT...CONTROL ROOM...ALL YOURS
  Satisfied with that information, Tai and Taifa' climbed onto their meikran and returned to the kelutral.  Atanvi was quick to scuttle beneath tsyal Pìwopx Srewyuyä.  His giant wing made an effective tarp against the coming rain.  Below the heavy canopy of the utral, very little rain would penetrate, but experience taught them all that  rain would  be funneled downwards through the leaves.  Such a stream could douse the cooking fires.  Already, condensation drops were sizzling on the rocks surrounding the fire of Tompa' Ivong.  "Ma Ateyo. Srung si, rutxe!" 
"Niprrte'!" with pleasure! she exclaimed as grabbed a corner of ta'leng, skin, that he offered. He boosted the small Na'vi on to a low branch. Pxepxi was  directed to a different branch.  Two corners of the ta'leng were thus fastened.  The campfire now had a lean-to above it.  All the smoke was being directed toward the trunk.  Eyktan Atumopin suggested running a liana in criss-cross fashion with which to attach the other two edges.  Ateyo and Pxepxi ran along the branches and grabbed the ends of the thick vines.  All the while, directions and suggestions were also tossed up.
"Sa'nu!  Your branch is higher than mine!" 
"Tam Tam, nìfya'o, in that manner it will direct the smoke away from us.  She demonstated by lifting the edge, sending a billowing puff into her face.
"PrrKxenTrrKrr!" she quipped with much exaggerated coughing.
   Once she had climbed down and was seated next to Tompa 'Ivong, she remarked; "That was a good idea to bring the ta'leng.  How did you get it here?"
  "Ma Zhanet sì poeyä lefngapa ikran!"  He indicated Janet Henderson with his chin, though she was in deep conversation with Txianna, at the moment. It had indeed been DROP SHIPPED from above.  "Ta'leng Zjapxerwoki?"  Jaberwocky skin? Asked Ateyo.  Tompa 'Ivong had a chance to explain his use of the soft under side of the kxetse, tail.
  "ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ, Nga lolu txan 'in ftawnemkrr kintrr!" Ahhhh, you were very busy last week!" exclaimed Ateyo.  It as clear to see that he had prepped some hides, made an ukelele and a saddle all within two weeks, as well as ioi and decorations for people to wear.  He smiled warmly.  "Oeyä 'eylan," my friend, helped with the skins, and what else have I to do?" 
"Pesu? Tse'Tsu?"  Tompa 'Ivong only smiled and shook his head. kehe.  When no answer was forthcoming, Ateyo came to realize that the shy fellow was simply not willing to speak about it.
"Tse.  I've got some ayfwampop that need skinning. Ulte kxawm, oe tsun srung lahe ayolo' a hu tompa hawnu. " And then, I can help other clans with rain protection. "Hayalovay, Ma TompaMeyp!"  Before he could resist, she leaned over and gave him a säpom, a kiss on the cheek.  Only Ateyo could get away with calling him Weak Rain, without hurting his feelings.  It unnerved him to realize that Pxepxi had seen the encounter.  But the child only had praise for him.  "Thank you for making that beautiful saddle.  Atanvi is so proud of it that he gave me a ride!  And it fits my legs exactly! Nga lu txan tsulfätu frato!"
  "I'm the best craftsman of them all?! Even Ma Ateyo?!"
  Pxepxi struggled with her response. How could she answer without offending either one?  But both ayfyentu were laughing.  It must be one of those grown-up jokes.  She too gave Tompa 'Ivong a peck of the check and skipped off after Ateyo.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

255)~Meat was sizzling over the campfires. Ayevanang, boys were taking turns at rotating the spits.  Smoke was captured below the ceiling of skins, despite their best efforts.  But the smoke held the flavor of roasted fwampop, and held a bit of warmth as well.  Tai and Taifa' descended from the branches above.  
 Ateyo received a quick säpom from Tai. She looked at Tai quizically and asked; "Fralo zo, kefyak?"  Everything is alright, isn't it?"   Tai took a big bite of the roasted rib and assured her.  "Everything is alright and will remain alright.  We will see to that! Ke sngum! Don't worry."  She gave Ateyo a greasy kiss on the forehead.  Despite her air of confidence, Tai's demeanor expressed anxiousness and excitedness. But not 'O'. Not happy excited. Nervous excited.  It surprised Ateyo to see Tai get up and walk away.  She had taken aside JakeSully and Neytiri and was speaking with them.  Tai had placed themselves out of earshot. So Ateyo couldn't hear her tell Neytiri;
  "We can't discuss any details here, but I need to borrow Jake and Norm for a while after we have eaten.  Try to explain to Oeyä Yawnetu that I am not upset with her, but I need to lawk privately.  We may or may not return until daybreak."  
 She watched as Tai made her way to Eyktan Ikxeru, then Colonel Schroeder and even Stongyu Tetx, the Stranger Ted and Nìma Kirvi.  Shy Kirby.  They had each nodded grimly and returned to their food.  Eventually Tai returned to Ateyo's side.  Pxepxi was eating next to Janet Henderson and Tanìs, her adoptive daughter,  so Ateyo spoke freely, though very quietly. " Ma Yawnetu, you are being very secretive and I feel danger around you. Tsampongu?" War Party?
  "Kehe, ma Hona Ateyotsyìp.  Slä zene ayoeng tse'a atxkxerel asawl mì Eana Txe'lan Steng."  No, my Adorable Little Ateyo.  But we must see the big map in Blue Heart Place.
  "Tì fkeytok lefkrr lehrrap ulte oe tsun ke za'u, srak?" But the current situation is dangerous and  I can't come, yes/no?  
  "Nìngay.  True. This requires that you also have the strength of tsamsiyu.  Yem tìtsew key, fpi moengä 'ite. Kefyak?" Put on a brave face for our daughter, won't you?  "We will leave at nightfall and return long before dawn. "
 Thunder rumbled across the sky.  Ateyo busied herself in as many conversations as possible.  She learned from Jeanine Black Elk how to make glass beads from the glazes that Dark Lake Clan was developing for clay pots. The technique sounded laborious just to make the little beads, but at least small creatures couldn't eat them, like her seed beads!  She could easily visualize an 'are, poncho, of Eywa's starry sky using these beads.  The luminosity would be right!  Even Tompa 'Ivong came out from hiding long enough to appreciate her work.   She checked on the ayevi who were playing make-believe with bone and leaf ayikran.  Drumming was heard as water started dripping upon the many skins used as rain tarps. Tompa ahawnu.  
 A commotion was heard overheard as meikran came overhead.  A greeting party ascended and returned with Eyktan Tsu'akxu sì Tsahik Txllkxrey, from Vawma 'Ora Olo' . Dark Lake Clan.
Conversation began anew of the storms that kept them from arriving the previous day.  Slä Frapo wanted to make certain that they were fed and somewhat rested before the big event of the day.  Jeanine Black Elk and Tahovit Rom were paraded out and stood before the Eyktan and Tsahik of Olo'Vawma 'Ora.  Everyone exclaimed at the beadwork and fringes of her tewng and the ioi that adorned her body.  "Nìlun, ioia'eioio te numeyu  Koakte Tsulfätuyä, lu lor frato!"  Of course the ceremonial garments of the student of Old Woman Craftmaster are the most beautiful among all!  Jeanine knew her Koakte would not make the trip, but was relieved to see that her Eyktan sì Tsahik had finally arrived safely.  Tsahik stalked around her  and asked in a loud voice.
"NGENGA LU TUPE sì PELUN LU FÌTSENgE?" Who are you and Why are you here?
Jeanine stood proudly in her glorious blue body and proclaimed, "Oe lu Jeanine Black Elk te Olo'Lakota te 'Rrta." I am Jeanine Black Elk of the Lakota Clan of Earth.  Ulte Oesu syaw Hehaka Sapa in my native tongue. I am here because I am an orphan of the Earth. I seek a relationship and txantsan f'yao, good path, with Nawma Sa'nok, Eywa."  
  Jeannine had remember reading about her famous ancester, and important medicine man from three or four centuries previous.  He two had had a vision of an ancestral tree, symbolizing life and its interconnectedness.
Tsahik Txllkrrey drew out her little knife and searched for a bare patch of skin to prick.  With a smile, Zhanine bared her shoulder of its fabulous beadwork and said. "Oe srung si, srak, ma Tsahik?"  I will help you Tsahik, yes/no?"
"Srane, ma tsmuke!"  flash, came out the knife and a tiny droplet of blood was tasted from her knife. "Delicious!"
A cheer went up.  And David Rom stood before Tsahik Txllkrrey.
"NGENGA LU TUPE sì PELUN LU FÌTSENgE?" Who are you and Why are you here?
 Oe lu Tahovit Rom.  Oeyä eana txe'lan rolun sneyä kelku!" I am David Rom and my Blue Heat has found it's home.  NAILED, before he could think twice.  
"Hm needs seasoning!"
Laughter filled the air as the kava was produced from the "wineskin" which Eyktan Tsu'akxu had slung across his shoulder.  "Ma Tsu'akxu!  That isn't enough KAVA for EVERYONE!" Came the good natured ribbing. "Tse, this will be shared amongst myself sì oeyä mipa hapìtu!"  A protesting howl went up until the other "kava skins" were produced.  As the merriment proceeded, it was not noticed that Tai and Taifa' and Ikxeru had deferred their portion to others.  A tsä from the kava skin was all that Ateyo accepted.   But anyone would have thought her drunk as she danced to the irregular staccato beat of the raindrops falling on the tarps. aysompìva hawnuyu var zivup.
  As nightfall approached Tai pulled Ateyo into her arms for another kiss.  " 'O', Ma oeyä hiyìka Srewyu! " Excitement, my silly dancer!"  By this time, Ateyo had pulled Pxepxi and Tanìs and Kofi onto the "dancefloor"  They were all doing a disjointed Tompa Srew, rain dance, and laughing.  "Hayalovay!" she said with seeming non-chalance.                                                                                                                                                                    

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

256)~  Six Blue people and one human silently climbed the kelutral.  Tai and Taifa' each made certain that Kirby and Ted were assisted.  Perhaps because of the urgency of the matter, perhaps because Tai's body sheltered him like a cage, Kirby made it to the top where the ikrans waited.  The ikrans must have realized that secrecy was of the utmost importance, because none of them screeched out a greeting.  Kirby was seated before Tai and Ted was before Taifa'.  It felt awkward but was safe for the short flight.  Once the Maktoyu achieved tsheyl si with their mounts, they leapt silently from the trees and glided down to the edge of the tarmak, where the choppers sat parked.  Tai and Taifa' alighted and walked to the Dragon, but to their astonishment, a figure was seated cross-legged in the open doorway of the Dragon. Immediately six tskow-swizaws were at full draw, pointed at the throat of their target.
  "Great speed, but I'm on your side, guys!  You might have fooled everyone else, but I know something's up and I figured you would show up sooner of later.  Flying a sortie tonight?"  Colonel Schroeder was NOT amused.  "Henderson!  You could have been a pin cushion!"
"No, you love me too much, and you all are too good.  Schroeder's Raiders?" She noted the motley crew.  Tai and Taifa' had already jumped in and had dismounted the chain guns.  "Nope. Armed reconnaisance sortie.  Ted's gonna show us where the last RDA group is hiding, and Kirby is going to manage the holo map and get us some infrared cameras. YOU, being that you volunteered, are going to stay home and hold down the fort.  And Janet.  If I don't return, you will be in command."
"Ay, Skipper.  But you'll come back."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

257)~ Ka'alani's ukelele filled the sweet, smoky air beneath the canopy of skins with its tinkling joy.  Her voice sang a language as melodic as Na'vi.  It baffled and amazed the listeners that the language sounded so familiar, yet none of the words were comprehesible.  She regetted that she could use only one tokx at a time! How could she dance with her arms and hands and play ukelele as well?  That didn't stop her from dancing as she played, though.  At times her hips wouldn't allow her to be still.  She enjoyed her  kxetse swaying as she danced.  It made her aware that her Taifa' was not there to admire her.  Somewhere in the back of her mind, she remembered the Dancing Cat label from the 'Rrta music vault.  It made her smile to think of her cat-like features as her kxetse swayed with her steps.  She didn't allow herself to focus on the covert operation.  She danced for mipa hapitu te Olo'Vawma 'Ora, the new members of Clan Dark Lake.  She sang of Aloha. She sang of family.  She sang of ocean breezes.  She decided it would be fun to incorporate Na'vi words into her Hawaiian melodies.  She tucked that  away in the back of her mind.  Soaia. Ohana. Same concept.  She sang her final Kapuana, verse, and sat down amid cheers of Aloha and seykel sì nìtram.
   Tompa 'Ivong approached the Olo'Varma Ora' in the least obtrusive manner.  The mipa mehapitu, the two new members were seated near the  Eyktan and Tsahik.  He glanced nervously at Tahovit Rom.  He untied the toothy 'a'li'ä, choker, from around his throat.  "Eywa told me that you are becoming a fine hunter.  She thinks you are deserving of these ay'sre."  He gave a little bow, as he accepted Thanks.  With his eyes timidly averted, he offered his elaborate fkxile, bib necklace, to Jeanine Black Elk.  He didn't look her directly in the eye, but murmured, "Eywa suggested that you might like this."  She bent her head and allowed him to place it around her neck.  "Oeru meuia!" is all she could say. "Quitly he murmured, "Oel new nayume ngop ayfi'uti." I want to learn to make these in the future.  He indicated the handmade ceramic and glass beads. "Oeru meuia!" she murmured once again.  It was overwhelming to have Na'vi aytsulfätu seeking her expertice! Her Koakte, though, claimed personal ownership of her time and energy!
  "Set oe lu LukPen!"  Now I am Without Clothes, a play on the words luke pexen, and the name of his new clan member, as well.  Eyktan Atumopin and Tsahik Lamu'ite laughed hardest. 
"Hide Me!" He folded himself small and hid behind Pxepxi.  "Ma Tompa! Nga lu hiyìk! You are funny! (But it also meant strange)  He laughed as the child wrapped herself around him.  It surprised him how naked he truly felt around everyone.  He put her down gently, hoping that he could melt into the background again.  But Pxepxi had other ideas.  "Ikran Rider, Ma Tompa!  Be my ikran! Ateyo lu txan hi'ik."  Ateyo is too tiny!
The shy Na'vi shrugged apologetically to the crowd.  "Poe ätxäle soli nìhona fìtxan, ke tsun oe stivo." She asked so sweetly that I couldn't refuse. 
Tsahik Meykir leaned over to Tsahik Lamu'ite saying; "We are all in trouble now! Pxepxi has learned to charm even Tompa 'Ivong from his cave!"
IKRAN FLYER         IKRANA TSWAYONYU
I turn very hard left      Oe min nitxa ftar
I turrn very hard right      Oe min nitxa skien
We are one in flight       Titswusayoniri moe lu'aw
My ikran and I  `      Oeya Ikran si Oe
Very strong         Txur, seykxel
I feel the wind         'Efu hufwet
Carrying my wings      A oeri mesyalit spule
Upwards Upwards`      Nefä, Nefä
Through the  blue skies      Kxamlä taw Aean
   At the line, We Are One In Flight, Tompa 'Ivong playfully offered his tswin.  He wasn't expecting the immediate head rush.  The child was projecting her memories and experiences of flight.  And her elation of being forgiven.  Tompa 'Ivong was transformed before their eyes.  He became as an ikran.  His awkwardness and self-consciousness vanished.  Many of the childen had already riden an ikran behind a parent.  Perhaps Pxepxi's joy at having been re-accepted by Atanvi had made her appreciation that much more keen. The other "ikrans" backed away and watched the two dancing together. Their eyes were nearly closed, they moved together with the song.  Nefä, Nefä  Kxamlä Taw Aean.  Txompa 'Ivong hardly aware aware that the song had ended.  Reluctantly he separated their meswin.  He was speechless.  He sat down next to Ateyo, with  his eyes swirling in his head.  Even Pxepxi was a bit overwhelmed.
   Ateyo was experiencing her own discomfort.  She felt naked without Tai by her side.  They hadn't been separated since the time  of Tai's sätsyìl, climbing event.  She didn't have time to feel sorry for herself, though.  Hehaka Sapa, Jeanine Black Elk, had everyone on their feet.  She had procured an 'au, and was drumming a two note beat. "Ni'kato te ayoengä Nawma Sa'nok txe'lan. Like the rhythm of our great Mother's Heart.  She had taught this simple dance step to her clan already. Tsahik Txllkxrrey sì Eyktan Tsu'Akxu formed everyone into a circle.  The simple step was designed so that everyone could shuffle along if the couldn't carry a beat.  She sang of the Golden Eagle who could fly  highest and deliver their prayers to the ears of the Creator.  She switched to a different tune in her Native toungue.  Basically, the words were We Are All Here! Let's Have a Party Tonight.  Let's Dance!
   The dance spiraled closer to the cental area, where the "snake could bite it's tail".  Tsahik and Eyktan switched their positions to the end and reversed the spiral, throwing off everyone's balance and causing them to stumble into each other. Laughing.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

258)~The blast shutters where latched over all the widows in the old RDA Control Room.  All the entrances to that room had been blocked or locked. Taifa' was positioned in a  manner to cover the door of the long hallway that connected the Control Room to the Avatar Lab and Link Room.  Patricia Fenwick had latched and locked the heavy door at the far end of that hallway.  The adjoining offices had been swept for humans and bugs.  It never hurt to be too careful. 
    Seven faces were illuminated by the glow of the holographic map which dominated that area of the room.  Shy Kirby was grinning to himself in satisfaction.  He hadn't thought he would ever get to play with his electronic equipment again.  It pleased him that be could be useful.   It was weird having only three fingers with which to operate, but he realized that he used primarily his thumb and index finger for all his work.  He wasn't yet used to his giant sized body.  He still worried about how he was going to be useful in a stone age culture.  But for now, he was in his element.
   Only a mile away, the festivities were occuring.  But no one in the room was distracted by that thought.  They were using hand signals and keeping conversation to a bare minimum. 
"OK Ted.  Do you recognize the features on this map? Can you start us from here or should we start from  where you found us?
"Ah, no, where I found you."  With a nod from Tai, Kirby activated the map to slew to the Well of Souls, with dizzying speed.   "Whoa!  That is SOMETHING!" sputtered Ted.  Shy Kirby told him, "OK you are the navigator, I am the pilot.  Just show me where to go."
  "Yeah, but slow it down a bit!"
  "Sure, no problem." with that, Ted pointed the direction of northeast and said, "Go this way until you come to a cliff near a stream it follow it upstream."  As the map found the turn point and followed the stream up hill, Ted said, "Can you give me a bird's eye view?"  Kirby nodded and slew the image into a map view.  "I can make these seem further or closer by changing the altitude of the point of view."  Ted said , "Fine,  Take me up 5,000 feet."
  Ted identified two peaks by simply pointing.  "I got to this point on the map" pointing to the stream, "from THIS place" pointing to the valley between two mountains.  "I got there by walking around this feature"  and he swung his arm in an arc around the edge of a large marsh, stopping at the northern edge of it.  "Can you take us this way please?" and he pointed further north.  Kirby slew the map ninety miles to the north before Ted said "STOP!"  Ted pointed at the five acre lake,  "This is used for..." and he pantomimed a drinking motion.
  Colonel Schroeder glanced at Major Tai and murmured quietly, "That's good to know."  Ted went on,  tracing a sharp ridgeline that went to a mountainous area twenty miles to the east.  At the easternmost end of the sharp ridge, Ted pointed to a spot and said, "Can you enlarge this for me?"  Kirby complied.  "Now, can you put me one-tenth of a mile in front of this ridge face?"  pointing at the south face of the ridge.  Kirby did as he sked. And Ted pointed to a natural cave saying, "that is the main entrance."
  "Where was that tower?" Tai asked. Ted pointed straight up from the mouth of the cave to the top of the ridge.  Tai looked at Kirby and said, "I want you to load GPS co-ordinates for each of the way points that Ted showed us.  Plot straight line courses between them, and load that data into a handheld nav screen for each of the pilots."
  "Of course!  It will take me less than half an hour to transfer all this data onto handhelds, and less than an hour to secure your payloads", referring to the infrared cameras to be mounted on the breatplate of each ikran's saddle.  "And you guys can be on your way in two hours."
   To which Tai said with a sadistic grin, "What do you mean by YOU GUYS, you're coming too!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

259)~ Ikxeru was dumbfounded.  He had known maps.  Any hunter drew maps for the others in the dirt.  But he had gone from that to holographic imagery in a few moments.  Now he was holding that magical atxkxerel, map, in his own hands.  Tai was showing him how,  by spreading his fingers it would appear to make the image on the screen come closer. and by moving his finger closer together would make the image appear to go further away.  Tai showed him, that by tappng on the bright dot of the way point, the arrow would show him which way to turn, to lead him to that point.
  Ikxeru was studying the devise, and passed his hand around it, above it and below it.  He passed his hand through the hologram on the table and quietly ascertained the relation between the two dimensional image that he held and the three dimensional image.  It seemed that he could almost touch the tiny mountain. "Atan? Reltseo atan? Light? Light picture?  He had heard about such a thing from Ateyo and Mo'at.  He recognized the formation but he hadn't been in that region in years.  He shook his head in amazement and realized that he was being watched.  He exchanged confident grins with Tai and Hans.  Tai indicated that they would be flying single file until they came near the cave complex.  Then she fanned out and spun her fingers to indicate the formation for their camera run.  Shy Kirby assured Tai and Schroeder that the cameras could remain running for the entire flight.  Norm was available to clarify the interchanges for Ikxeru's sake.
   Tai and Schroeder walked down the hall to the link chambers and spoke through the intercom.  Pxati was right behind the tech who opened the door.  "Ma Pxati, I need to make a quick trip to the Hidden Base.  I really don't want to get knocked out while flying."  It didn't take long for Tai to achieve alpha.  The link chamber opened at the Hidden Base.  Tai didn't even climb out, but explained to Twiti and Toby about the reconnaisance run.  "Don't worry Tai.  You and Taifa' will be safe.  I won't have any nightmares that cause me shut down your links.   How long will you be flying?" asked Twiti.
   "We figure anywhere from five to six hours. THEN I want to assure Ateyo that I'm all right.  So maybe seven hours all told.   I'll get into alpha when we return."
   "OK Tai.  You get good reconn on those bastards that orphaned my sister." She gave Tai a kiss on the forehead as she lay down and said, "Eywa Ngahu." Eywa with you.  Shortly thereafter, Pxati Fenwick opened the link chamber for Major Tai.  Pxati saw them both to the door and got a last kiss from her Hans.
   They all moved outside and were happy to note that it had stopped raining.  The closest moon, when it was visible, was a narrow crescent low on the horizon, with it's horns reaching upward.  The other moons were obscured by clouds.  Tai took the lead, withTaifa' behind.  Ikxeru was to follow in the middle, with Jake, Norm, and finally Schroeder taking trail.  Tai and Taifa' would be flying on the south side of the ridge across the entrance of the RDA cave.  Ikxeru and Norm would be flying 1000 feet AGL, above ground level, with downard looking infrared directly over the ridgeline, Jake and Hans would scan the north side of the ridge, seeking hidden vents and exits.  They were instructed to lay flat on their ikrans while making the runs.  That would be uncomfortable for Ted and Kirby, especially on the slick neck of an ikran.  Their feet would be locked under the legs of Tai and Taifa'.  The ayikran were lined up on the tarmak, whose surface reflected the few, mostly red lights of the aymoktoyu, as they prepared for their flight.
   YAWO! and the great blue and silver ikran leapt off the ground with his strong wings, with the other five following in succession.  Ted nestled back against Tai, one she moved the gun from her lap.  Shy Kirby lay down over the ikran's neck immediately and tucked his bare feet under Taifa's thighs.  "Are you comfortable, Tsmuk?" asked the big Samoan.  "I'm afraid of heights!  What do you think?" came the muffled reply.  Kirby had his face plastered against the ikran's neck.    "OK BRO! tam tam Tsmuk!  Just get your kxetse out of my face!"
"Oops sorry." Kirby didn't want to let go of the ikran's neck while in flight so Taifa' did the honors, feeling VERY uncomfortable about the proximity of Kirby's eana txim.  A few off color jokes ran through his head, but he wisely suppressed them.
   The first two hours of the flight were uneventful, although rawmpxom, thunder and lightning started closing in.  Halfway to the last check point, they hit the squall line.  "This is where we earn our flight pay," thought Tai with a heavy serving of irony.  "Did you say something?" asked Ted.  "Hang on, it's going to get dicey, for a while." remarked Tai.  With the first heavy updraft, Ted was thrown foreward along the neck of Pìwopx Srewyu.  He decided that was a good position and tucked his feet under Tai's legs.  It seemed interminable but was a full hour when they emerged from the storm.   The clouds lifted a bit and they began scud running beneath the clouds.  When they reached the way point at the western edge of the ridge Tai sat up and held her chain gun high.  "  LINE ABREAST"  Only Taifa' could possibly hear her.  He swung wing tip to wing tip with her, while Ikxeru and Norm, swung along.  Jake and Schroeder quickly joined formation.  When they were all line abreast, Tai shouted " 'Eko! 'Eko! 'Eko!"  She and Taifa' broke right, Jake and Schroeder broke left, Ikxeru and Norm climbed to 1000 feet above ground level.  Jake and Schroeder dropped to 500 feet AGL along the northern perimeter of the ridge, Tai and Taifa' dropped to 500 feet AGL along the southern perimeter.  They flew in silence along the entire length of the ridge.
If anyone had been posted on watch that dark night, he might have noticed a few ikrans flying overhead.  But truly it was so dark, that only infrared lenses could have tracked them.  Tai was grateful that ayikran have an innate sense of terrain avoidance.  No gunfire chased them, no following flight of enemy craft.  Pìwopx Srewyu was flying with confidence, and sent reassurring thoughts to his rider.  Within fifteen minutes, they had traversed the length of the ridge.  "One pass and haul ASH," thought Tai.  They continued flying another ten miles then made a sweeping right turn going south.  Satisfied that all her moktoyu were formed up, they flew to another ridge and, dropping low, put this ridge between them and the RDA base, and began their flight back to Blue Heart.  It was only at that point that Tai breathed a sigh of relief.  They could make a direct flight now.  Within two hours they were landing in the treetops of the kelutal of the encampment.  Ayikran screamed their greetings, announcing the return of the riders.  To their surprise, nearly the entire encampment had climbed to the treetops to greet them.
   Atanvi had scrambled beneath Pìwopx Srewyu tsyal immediately, where they rubbed their heads together.  Ateyo tackled Tai as soon as Ted was safely dismounted.  "Why are you all up?" asked Tai in astonishment.  "Who could sleep knowing you were flying in the rain on a dangerous task?" replied Ateyo whose face was buried in Tai's shoulder.  "We have all been beneath the Tree of Voices, waiting and listening." added Ka'alani.  There was a great sense of relief, and also annoyance at having been left behind, not only from the aymuntxatu but the aysamsiyu who thought they had been denied a chance to defend their familes and home.  It took a little while to reassure the Na'vi that they had not been denied, and apologies were given for the secrecy.  Eventually, the ayuniltìrantokx convinced aylahe, the others, that they needed to rest their aytokx and return their spirits to their humona aytokx.   "Oe hivahaw ngahu." stated Ateyo flatly. I will sleep with you.  Kirby was now seated on the wide branch, grateful to have stopped flying.  Only the fear of climbing down the utral in the dark, convinced him that flying down to Blue Heart Gate was the best option.  He gathered the cameras off Ikxeruyä and ZhakeSullyä meikran.  Ateyo offered to carry them in her ruck sack.  Even Ted opted to return to the Facilitee.  A hot shower and a long nap sounded like a great idea.