ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

260)  However, Tai wasn't ready to return to "civilization" as of yet.  She held Ateyo in a tight embrace and removed the rucksack of reconn cameras.  Her lips were busy so she handed them wordlessly to Kirby.  He took them with a grin and promised to start reviewing them immediately.  Tai came up for a breath. "Kirby, you and Ted are ordered to take hot showers and get some shut eye.  I'll be spending the night here with oeyä soaia, my family."  Taifa' agreed to take Kirby down to Schroeder's Dragon.  But he would pass on the square bed in favor of wrapping in a sleep leaf with Ka'alani.
  The rotor blades could be heard spooling up in the distance as Tai and Jake and Norm were lead to the warmest spots in the encampments, where their double sleep-leafs had been set up next to Eyktan Ikxeruyä sì Tsahik Meykiryä.  The heat from the embers of the campfire were drifting straight up below them.  Everyone was curious to know where they had all been.  But the only response they got was "scouting party".  They each explained that for everyone's  safety, no more information would be shared.  Eventually Taifa' showed up and everyone was snuggled up.  "Txon lefpom, ma oeyä soaia." said Tai as they each drifted off to sleep or unconsciousness. "Shut Eye Lefpom!," said Ateyo.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

261)~ Twiti and Tobi were waiting anxiously for signs of alpha waves from Tai.  Henderson, Daniels, and Wade were already in their quarters, sleeping in their yumona aytokx. Melvin and Txianna , Brandenburg, Barilla and Rivroire  were resting at the Blue Heart Gate."I sure am glad that the NEW folks are at Blue Heart Gate.  We've run out of link chambers.  So far, there are fourteen of us and only eight chambers." 
   Tobi was examining the names on the low tech magnetic board, "That's not everyone, either.  There are still two door gunners, and two chief mechanics....not to mention the two cooks and to medics." 
  Twiti wiped the mock prespiration from her brow.  "Wow!  Eight more and our entire unit well be BLUE!" Twiti sighed. "Boy, this is getting complicated! Wait!  There's Tai's alpha wave pattern."  Twiti switched off the alarm and grabbed up the smoking jacket that Tai always wore when she came out of link.  Tai sat up looking quite bedraggled.  "Twenty-six hours in link Tai. Your body probably atrophied just lying there!  OH!  How did the Reconn run go? "
   "It went well.  We weren't even spotted, we have plenty of data that Kirby is crunching right now.  I'll know more later."
   "Tomorrow, Major. You sleep today."  Tai eyebrows shot up in surprise. "My, my! Twiti!  You are certainly are getting assertive!" 
   "Sister's perrogative! Somebody has to put their foot down when your wife is not around!"
   Other alarms started going off as the various Avatars slipped into Alpha state.  Tobi ran to the second Remote Link Site, retrieving the pilots.   Twiti continued her monologue: " So far there are fourteen of us at this base alone with blue bodies.  I hope we get more link chambers soon.  So far Tovi and I have been able to spend part of our shift in Eana Tokx!" 
   "Tovi, huh?  That sounds better than Topxi!"
"Look Major.  You might be bullet proof, but you  are not a polar bear.  It's not healthy for your body to be in hibernation this long.  I'm going to have to mix in a mild laxative in your protein shake!  You are pretty dehydrated now,  too.  And skip the lima beans.  Your tokx is not active enough to digest them properly!"
   "Spare me the lecture, Ms. Castillo!  Believe me, if it weren't a matter of safety for the Na'vi, I would not have to schedule these things.  In a perfect world, we wouldn't have to watch the remnant RDA."
   "In a perfect world, we would all have Blue Bodies and would never have to depend on link chambers!" agreed Kristi Twiti Castillo.
   Tai was smirking.  "Well unless we all croak, I don't know how that will happen. BUT, Pxati said that there are a lot more RLS units. I think ours landed today.  We will have a total of twelve chambers.  And I think that number will be doubled when it is all said and done.  But one Remote Link Site is going to the Eastern Sea Clan and the other is going to  Olo' Txìkx-tìkx-txìpxen. That means they will have an extra two chambers in each RLS because there are only two Avatars at those clans; the shuttle pilots. When Red Bird and Dark Lake Clan get their RLS units, we can see about getting out support personnal shipped out to them."
   "Oh don't worry, Major.  They already have their assignments.  Remember?  Everyone was at the Well of Souls.  They have all been waiting patiently in the wings."
  "Those quiet souls need a weekend with their Clans.  I think we should remedy that." agreed Tai.
   "No problem, Major.  I will have that list ready for you after you have had a long, long, nap."
   "Irayo, Ma Twiti.  After this last session, I need a long, long nap.  Don't wake me.  When I'm up, I'm up."
   "Oe mlltxe!" laughted Twiti. I agree.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

262)~ "Ma Sanu. 'Efu txasom. Rutxe. Oe new kivä slele!" Mommy. I feel very hot.  Please I want to go swimming."  PxePxi was a little bit cranky.  After last night's rains, tsawkxe, the sun had turned every puddle into an incubator for ayhi'ang, insects.  Everyone was a little bit cranky. The air was heavy with moisture but was still as death.  Pxepxi had been employed to swish the nasty, biting vampires away from the recumbant figure of Tai, and Kofi was fanning both Ka'alani and Taifa'.  "Nìlun, of course. I'll take you to the stream.  Both of you."
  Ateyo was pleased to see that many of the ayfyeyntu, were also enjoying the water.  Pxepxi ran to Tanìs, the daughter of captain Janet Henderson.  "Are you on fly-swatting duties?" Janet asked Ateyo.  "Nga tersìpang ayhi'ang, srak?"  You are killing insects, yes/no?  Kä! Oel tsun nari si ayeviti, srak?"   Janet was offering to watch the kids while they frolicked in the water. After expressing her gratitude, Ateyo trotted down the path to return to her duties. She was running back and forth between the Tai's sleep leaf and Taifa's and Ka'lani's.  Txianna was already rejoined with her spirit and had been helping with the gathering of fkxen.  But she had been helping with the fanning, throughout the morning.  Tompa 'Ivong had offered to spread his emollient for saddles upon the unconscious beings.  But upon opening the jar, the ensuing protest from Conscious people persuaded him to rethink that solution.  "Ngeyä ontu lu ke zo. kefyak?" YOUR NOSE ISN'T FUNTIONING WELL, RIGHT?  The smoke from the camping fires helped disperse the ayhi'ang, insects, to some extent.
   "AU!" Tai was awakened by a rather aggressive bite on her neck, which she swatted as she was awakened.  "Ngaytxoa, Ma Tai!"  Ateyo was being apologetic for not being ever present.
"Frìp mì flew!"  BITE ON THROAT! Which was an excuse to kiss her, as if she needed one!  She then greeted everyone else who had lingered near camp.  "Did everyone else fly back home and leave us here?"
  "Kehe! some going for swim. stay for see fire knife dance tonight, srak?!" 
  Tai' sat up and tried to figure out if she had brought her nifo 'oti.  "I dunno, tell you later."
  Tai sat cross-legged on the ground next to Ateyo and Tompa 'Ivong who was working on Ateyo's saddle.  "What IS that smell?"  Tompa 'Ivong was wearing an expression similar to the Cat Who Ate the Canary, or Guilty as Charged.  "Nìn, oeti kefrìp ayhi'angl." Look, I'm not biten by insects! he said in his defense.  Indeed, the cloud of insects created a mandala around his body not daring to approach within one foot of his skin!  He set aside the saddle and the cloud followed the shape of his arm. Through pantomime, Tompa 'Ivong suggested it's use as a pillow.  "Srane! I'll take it!"  Ka'alani and Taifa had awakened and took seats with the group.  On her eyelid was a huge welt created by an insect bite.  "Oh, my poor baby!" exclaimed Taifa' as he delivered a tender kiss to her swollen eyelid.  He started swatting the insects.  In a very rhythmic fashion.  "Au Ma Tsmuk!  Oh Brother. You remember dis?"  "Yeah!"  The two were sitting face to face and started slapping out a rhythmic Samoan Slap Dance, while Ka'alani struck up the familiar beat on a hard wood log drum that was within arms reach.  This, of course, drew a crowd.  The intricate patterns and rhythms, though from a seated position, required precise timing. The drummers and aytaronyu who had once learned some of the steps, tried joining in.    It was a LOT more intricate than they expected, even when Tai and Taifa' slowed down the teaching.  Neytiri caught on quickly and had an intuitive sense of the proper timing.  After Jake got poked in the head a few times, he opted out.   Ikxeru was awakened to find his hunters playing in the dirt and slapping each other and laughing hilariously.    He just shook his head and lay back down.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

263)~ "Nìwotx Ma oeyä yaymak aysmuk! Za'u!  Wutzo lu alaksxi!  All my foolish brothers! Come! The Meal is ready!"  The left-over fwampop had been wrapped in moist leaves and had been steaming for a few hours buried in cooking pits.  Little packets of cooked grain had been wrapped and tied like gifts, also steaming on the coals.  In the center of each packet was stuffed a plump fkxen, either fruit, vegetable, or mushroom.  The took a long time to prepare, but today no one was in a rush to get anywhere.  Eyktan Atumopin  brought her leaf platter.  She and Tsahik  Lamu'ite were welcomed to sit beside Eyktan Ikxeru and his family.  They exchanged pleasantries while they ate.  " 'Au! Teylu!  exclaimed Taifa as he bit into his gift wrapped morsel.  He liked it better roasted, steamed was a bit rubbery, but he ate it any way.  Pakxu was happy to find an eyeball inserted in his morsel.   Txianna avoided watching him, but TsaPra was his captive audience.
   Atumopin adressed Ikxeru.  "You are fortunate to have befriended the Eyktan of the Lefngapa Ayikran Aysampisu.  I would have gladly gone on a scouting mission if I had been invited!"  It took a little while for Tai to realize that she was feigning insult.  So Jake intervened, "Well I suggested we invite everyone to come along, but it wouldn't have been much of secret scouting party if we had all arrived overhead."  He was met with her glaring scowl.
   "Ma Eyktan Atumopin," said Tai, "Oeru meuia txo nga ziya'u ulte ftia ayatxkxerel ayoenghu."  I would be honored if you would study the maps with us. "Nìprrte' " replied Atumopin with a fierce smile.  Jake put on his Eyktan attitude saying, "Tì'efumì oeyä, nìwotx ayeyktan zene 'awsiteng ftia ayatxkxerel. In my opinion, all the leaders must study the map together.
   "So ha'!  Great!  Once we have finished eating, we will go over to the faciltee."  Eyktan Rolkxu and Eyktan Tse'akxu both agreed.
   Eyktan Komakxtu, with his red feathered headress, stood up solemnly.  "I arrived  late to avoid being caught in the storm.  Ma oeyä tsahik tried to dissuade me from coming at all, because our hapitu are yet awating their ayuiltìrantokx.  But I am glad that I came.  Is it possible that war is afoot?"   
   "How  have we missed your arrival? We mean you no dis-honor!" sputtered JakeSully.
   Everyone exchanged their "oel ngati kameie's" and Eyktan Komakti  started explaining;
   "We coming down utral. Tree.  Tse'a. Seeing 'emyu. Cooks.  Seeing lahe herahaw. others sleeping.  Ulte ting mikun tihangham. And give ears for laugh. Nìwotx aytaronyu All hunter , sit inside dirt, slap and laugh, same like ayevi!"  Eyktan Komakti was proud to be learning Ìngìsi. All the hunters who had succumbed to silliness were deeply embarrased.  But JakeSully laughed and explained, "Ayoeng tìng 'o' tsepang ayhi'iang!"  We have fun killing bugs."
   "Kea tìkin!" No need (to apologize)  We know that their meuniltìrantox will be arriving soon. Tse we are actually EARLY now!  Ulte aynga srekrr omum Ma oeyä 'itan Täpxukea."  You already know my son Täpvukea.  Täpxukea nodded his head, allowing fierceness to replace awkwardness.  His headdress was less elaborate than his  father's yet bore many red feathers, as well."Ma Sempul. Oe za'u ngahu."  My Father.  I will come with you."
   " Aynga 'efu 'ohkx?" Are you hungry? asked Mo'at.  Neytiri offered a leaf platter of "rice balls" as Ka'alani called them,  Jake handed them roasted shanks of fwampop.  "Pesung oengyä mipa hapitu ta oengyä soaia?"  Where are our new family members?" asked Eyktan Komakti.  "Srak, mefo swerayon 'rrpxomsìp? Yes/No, they are flying the thundership?"
   "Srane, Ma Komakti." answered Tai.  They will probably arrive later today.  I believe they are bringing their meuniltìrantokx! Tse,  you should  come eat with us, and then go  to the Blue Heart Gate."
  "Kosmana tìmok!  Ayoe mllte'!  Wonderful suggestion!  We agree!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

264)~  "I coming, kop." I'm coming too said Ateyo as she sprang for Tai's hand.  She wasn't going to be left out this time!  She regarded lahe ayeyktan, other leaders, with cautious defiance, yet they each agreed that she could accompany them to view the maps.  Mevi, the two kids wanted to come along, but Ka'alani intervened.  "Oe new kar menga pamsteo si ukelele!  I want to teach you two to play ukelele. The children agreed but first they voiced their disappointment at not being able to spend more time with their parents.
 "We will return in time for the evening meal."  said Tai to those who were gathered. And to the kids she said." If you behave; Fi'txon Taifa' sì oe srayew txepa tstal." Tonight Taifa' and I will dance the fire knife.
 As the ayektan climbed the utral towards their ayikran, ayevi were seen to be gathering around Ka'alani.  Already her sweet voice and the sound of the tinkling instrument were wafting upwards.  Ayikran kept the screeching down to a minumum but transmitting their sheer joy as they plumetted from the high branches.  They felt that the flight was far too short.  As they landed in the grassy area, they complained to their maktoyu.  "Send them off hunting by themselves and then show them the sky at two in the afternoon."  suggested Jake Sully.   "Even if we aren't finished, they will wait for us.  Meanwhile, they should hunt."  He dismounted and conveyed this information to his ikran.  When they had all disconnected their tsaheyl, ayikran seemed to nod their Hiyalovays and flew off for their hunt.
  The chill air conditioned air was a rude assault to those accoustomed to steamy "tropical" heat.  Pxati and Hans greeted them at the back door.  They were lead first through the lab to take a peak at the next avatars.  An evaporative trail of hot footprints were left behind as the pongu made their way through the long hallway to the Control Room.  
  "Over here!" called Kirby.  "I set up our map on this smaller display.  I thought it would be easier to isolate our updates from the larger display, and Hans suggested STRONGLY that I not incorporate the updates into the major display, as of yet."  Hans nodded grimly.  "So I fixed this smaller display."  He activated the imagery, causing all the uninitiated ayektan to leap backwards in defensive postures.  Ikxeru was laughing good-naturedly, as he explained with the voice of experience, "ATANREL,  ATXKXEREL te ATAN." light image, land image of light.  He demonstrated his familiarity with the hologram by passing his hand through it.  "Tse'a, srak?"  You see, yes/no?  Tai and Jake and Hans were peering closely to ascertain the data they craved.
    "The good news, is that they did NOT detect us.  Each of your ayikran had an infrared detector as well as cameras.  If the RDA have infrared scopes, they weren't trained in our direction." explained Kirby.
   "Or they weren't expecting any fools to be doing RECONN through a storm.  Hans admired the young man for his technical wizardry.  Kirby cleared his throat.  " But look who was home!"  He bent towards the display and enlarged the south side of the ridge.  The unititiated stepped back cautiously, before curiosity pulled them back.
   They peered into the the mouth of the tiny image of the cave complex.  Small glowing figures were moving about.  Three larger figures were looming above them, easily recognizable to even the Na'vi.  "Lefngapa Sawtute!" Metal Sky People!"  
  "Srane! AMP suits.  Look at the heat signatures.  This one was shut off 40 minutes before you made your pass.  This brighter one was shut off 15 minutes earlier than you made your pass.  And this one in the middle is still running.  And you can see one person sticking his head in the hydrolics bay.  They might be doing a maintainance check or  repairing on that one.
  "Tai peered closely and said, "We need to do a head count."
  "We could only count nine, but we can only see about eighty feet into the cave's mouth." said Kirby, almost apologetically.
  "Well, Kirby.   Don't feel bad.  It's not like I was going to ring the doorbell and ask for them to pose for a group portrait!"  This comment got chuckles from the Earth Aytute, humans and Avatars alike.  Ateyo explained it as ayhumon humor.  And took the time to explain about the three AMP suits and their need for care.
 "Kirby, can you enlarge this image again?"  Ateyo put up her hand and said in Na'vi, "He's making the picture large again."  The ayeyktan were not startled this time.  Jake and Taifa' squeezed in for a look.  "Each arm is fitted with a canon! Nìn, Ma Hans." said Jake.  Tai and Hans peeked past them.  "At this magnification, there doesn't seem to be any AMP suit footprint outside the complex.  They seem to be expecting an aerial assault from us again.  There are only three AMP suits that we can tell of." reported Hans.
  "The last time they mixed it up with us, we destroyed their fuel supply, six amp suits, and probably their entire air arm.  At the very most, they might have a single scorpion tucked into a corner.  It wouldn't stand a chance with what we have to bring to bear on them." said Tai.
 "Ma oeyä Yawnetu, rutxe zamunge Pxati fìtsenge. Oel zene u'o pawm poeti."  Please bring Pxati in here, I need to ask her something, asked Tai.  Ateyo was more than happy to help. "Nìprrte'"  she said with a wide smile.  Hans opened the security latch with a numeric sequence.  
 "Tai you HAVE gone native!" exclaimed Hans.  "We have intercoms!"  He reached over and a flipped a switch.  "Ma Pxati?  We sent Ateyo down the hall to get you.  She won't know what to do when she gets to your door.  Come down with her, please."  Pxati hadn't completely domesticated him, but he had learned to add the word please when issuing a command.
 "So ha'!" I'm bringing hot towels for our guests."
 "Good idea!" he responded.  He turned to the room and met widened eyes, as all the ayektan had heard Pxati's amplified voice seemingly from the air.  Colonel Schroeder just shrugged and said, "Tek nol o zhee".  They were still exclaiming , as Pxati's voice was heard once again.  "Hans, get the door, our arms are full! Please?"  He hadn't been standing far from the door.  Soon, she and Ateyo were admitted, bearing a tray of refreshments and an armload of bath blankets, warm from the laundry.
  All but Kirby and Ted Demaria accepted the towels, draped around their shoulders and wrapped around their hips.  They sat upon a rug, and enjoyed refreshments. Tai grabbed a glass of something that tasted like guava nectar and motioned for Pxati. They joined Jake, Norm, and Schroeder, with Ateyo glued to her side.
  "Ma Pxati.  I am going to need the ISV Captain and Chief Engineer of the ISV on the next shuttle flight.  We will need to lawk with them concerning a strategy to rid Eywa 'Eveng of the last vestige of RDA vrrtep.  I want the communications scrambled, and do not discuss WHY we need to speak with them.  Let them know that the matter is urgent and absolutely critical. Please"
  "I will do that immediately.  The next shuttle is  scheduled to leave within the hour." She turned and left the room at a trot, pausing only to say, "I will let you know if I contact them in time."
  Tai walked over and stood shoulder to shoulder with the Colonel and said, "Sorry to step on your jumpboots, Sir.  But as Kirby was going over the raw data from last night, I got an idea."  The Colonel held up his hand, as he hurridly swallowed the syuve, food, that he was eating ans said, "Let me see if I can finish this: You want to see if they will move the ISV to where it becomes a high powered intelligence gathering devise on the RDA Base, prior to our attack, correct?"  Tai nodded, "Yes, Sir! Säfpil asteng tìkan ateng!" Great minds think alike!  
  Schroeder responded. "That's right, Major, that was the reason I chose you as my Executive Officer!"
   After several minutes, Pxati came back into the room and motioned to Tai and the Colonel.  "I just got off the radio with the ISV,  Shuttle 2 is undocking with the ISV Crew aboard, in five minutes.  They will be on the tarmack in half an hour."
  Tai looked at the Colonel and said, "Shall I make the announcement to the Eyktan of the Redbird Clan, or would you like to?"  Hans replied, "I have some small talk to do with oeyä muntxate.  So you may do the honors!"
  "So ha'!  Public or private."  Schroeder was already distracted and replied, "In private, of course! But if you are referring to YOUR announcement, use your best judgment!"
  With that Major Tai rose her voice, "Ma Meuinga Ayeyktan!  The thunder ship will be arriving soon with the newest family members of Olo' Yayo Atumpin.  I would ask that we all go out side where it is MORE COMFORTABLE to greet them and honor Eyktan Komakxti with our presence as he welcomes his family members home."  After Ateyo had translated, they all agreed and walked outside to the picnic tables.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

265)~It looked like a beach blanket party with all the bath towels spread on the ground.  Each eyktan had perched in the center of his towel.  The conversation centered upon the need to assess the intentions of the RDA, and the illusion of a beach party quickly dissipated.  Ted Demaria made certain to remind them all, that many of the current RDA had been conscripted into service and would gladly escape the clutches of Colonel Audie Davis and his minion.  There were four officers who ruled by force. 
   Norm asked a simple question.  "What harm can they do us?  Have they not remained quiet all these years? Txetx tells us  that they are killing each other.  Perhaps we should ignore them and allow them to finish our job."  Norm had proven himself meuianga tsamsiyu, an honorable warrior, but it was clear that he wanted to avoid any unnecessary killing.  Ted voiced his opinion that he wanted to rescue those who were not evil, but being manipulated by fear. Ateyo translated his concern and the eyktan of the Dark Lake Clan responded.
   "A weapon propelled by fear can kill you as easily as one propelled by hatred."  observed Eyktan Komakxtu.  He was in favor of destroying every RDA in the cave. 
"Now wait a minute!" sputtered Ted. "Some of those guys are my friends. And MOST of them would surrender if given the option.  They hate being directed by someone else's paranoia."  Jake translated for him and Tai acknowledged.
  "Oe mllte, Ma Txetx." said Tai as she reached over and placed a supportive hand on Ted's shoulder.  "We need to flush out everyone at the back entrance of the cave.  We can rig a chopper with loud speakers and demand that they  lay down their weapons and surrender as they exit. If we were to kill everyone, knowing that there are some unwilling participants,   that would make us no better than murderers.  But we have to destroy those amp suits.  I don't want cannon fire taking down our ikrans.  We would have to create a diversion to bring the AMP suits into the open. I could easily take them out with air to ground rockets."
     "Could you shoot their fuel supplies with your chain gun and blow up the place? Or create an avalanche to  close the front entrance?"  Jake's former military existence was coming into play.  Schroeder didn't like that tactic. "Too much collateral damage.  We could kill too many innocents and destroy fuel that we need.  That would have to be a last resort."
   "We won't be able to make any decisions until we get some current intel about what what we are up against.  We are waiting for the ISV crew to descend so that we can lawk with them, tokx au tokx." said Tai. (confer face to face)
  The sky had clouded over once again and thunder was heard in the distance.  But the sonic boom was quite distinct. Everyone jumped to their feet.  Reflexively, Tai and Schroeder glanced at their watches.  Puzzled, Ateyo imitated them. But she was happy to see the ship first, a distant speck on the horizon.  "I TALLY!  I TALLY!"  Tai was surprised that Ateyo had remembered that phrase.  Most covered their ears and ducked to avoid the stench of the exhaust fumes when the massive craft hovered and landed.  Pxati, Hans and Tai met Warwick and Meuller when they walked out of the cockpit.  The four officers from the Insterstellar Vehicle, were introduced.  Ateyo could be seen embracing them after Schroeder and Tai had saluted them.
   Everyone at the Avatar facility watched the ship being off loaded. Ayeyktan were exclaiming about the AMP suits which were being useful rather than destructive.   There were all familiar with the destructive cababilities of the AMP suits having met their handheld cannons on the battlefield eight years earlier.  Stongyu Txetx and Nima Kìrvi (Stranger Ted and Shy Kirby) were discussing electronics together and were not to be distracted.  The parade of offloaded crates marched past them unnoticed.  The eight huge gestation tanks in their enclosed transport containers were last to come by.  Warwick and Meuller were, literally, beside themselves with excitement.  Max awaited them in the lab.  "You guys aren't even decanted yet!" he exclaimed while reading  the manifests.  Even if we get a team to decant you now, it will takes us two or three hours to prep your Avatars.  You could fly back to the ISV and return in that time! And to play it safe, we should wait until tomorrow morning. Sorry to dissappoint."
   As the two returned to the picnic tables outside, they found Tai and Schroeder in deep conversation with the ISV crew.  They delivered their unhappy news.  "Oh, brighten UP, you two.  At least you know WHEN your Avatars will be ready.  I have no idea when my Blue Skin will be available." chided the ISV Captain.  Major Warwick was apologetic.  "Sorry Captain Donsdorf.  I just had my hopes built up in anticipation."
  "Kea Tìkin! No need to apologize,  replied Gabriella Donsdorf.
   "We ALL want our Blue Bodies YESTERDAY!" chimed in First Officer Shralta. "It's understandable.  I just wish there were MORE gestation chambers available."
   "Those were at the space station when we left.  Maybe the comm satellite went down, but we've heard nothing from them since we left dock.  All the gestation tanks were loaded and their hold was chock filled with remote link units.  We will simply have to make due with what we have. NOW." she turned and addressed Major Tai and Colonel Schroeder.  "You requested to have us sent down here so that we could lawk, tokx au tokx.  But it seems that we have guests."  She looked up and pointed to the flight of Ayikran who were approaching.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

266)~Atanvi, Pìwopx Srewyu, and Atansaw, were flying in formation with another ikran which was mounted.  Eyktan Atumopin jumped to her feet and ran out to meet the ayikran, but specifically to welcome her muntxate, Tsahik Lamu'ite. After a quick embrace she asked, "Why have you come? Is there trouble?"
   "Kehe! Slä we were wondering why ayikran returned riderless.  We are concerned."
   "I suppose they enjoy sitting in a tree better than sitting low, and perhaps they didn't like the noise and smell of the thundership."  They walked together to the picnic tables.  There were unfamiliar aytute sitting at the smaller table and the Red Painted Na'vi told her quietly, "Fìaytute. these people, come from the ship that floats around Eywa 'Eveng."  When she introduced the ISV crew to her mate they both were pleased to be greeted in Na'vi by them each.  "Oel ngati kameie." with the proper hand gesture to the forehead.
   The names were difficult to pronounce, the Ekytan of the group had captivating green eyes and nikre tumpin, red hair, which was rare among the Na'vi .  She was coaching Lamu'ite to pronounce her name:  "Oe S'ralta Tamas', slä oeru syaw Shari.  OH. You don't have an SH sound." 
   "Shari"
   "Zhari"
   "Shari Tamash"
   "Zhari Tamazh"  The Hungarian woman was pleased with that approximation.
Eyktan Atumopin was enjoying the sight of two beautiful women, starring at each other's lips.  It as only when her muntxate shot her a well-timed scowl that she realized she had been staring.  She broke her stare and exclaimed, "Ma Zhari! Ngaru nikre atumpin nìteng Toktor Grace."  To you is hair red like Doctor Grace." It was actually a more stunning shade than Grace Augustine's.   It was almost amusing to watch Lavi'anu  scoff with one side of her face and smile with the other.  But now was not the time for foolishness.
They learned the name of the First Officer, Gabriella Donsdorf. "Käpxi Txonstxorf" was  amused by the pronunciation.  But Ateyo informed them that she was the First Officer, what ever that was, and they settled on calling her Nì'Awve. First.  It was never clarified that the first officer was actually second in command.  Though Ateyo tried to understand.
  The navigator was a pert blonde named Lucy Peterson. "Alusìng Pxitrr'zong!" said Ateyo proudly.  It was strange to think of Pxi, sharp. Trr, day. Zong, safe. SharpDaySafe.  These ayhumon certainly have strange names, she thought.
  The ships engineer was a fellow named Peter Jensen.  Ateyo wanted to know if she was related to him, because their names sounded similar. Peter shook his head and looked puzzled.  Then he stammered "Peter. Peterson. "Skxakep Pizayu?" Probably ancestor?" but he looked rather dubious about that possibility.  It was odd to the Na'vi that the ayhumon could not easily trace their ancestry.                                 
   With all the pleasantries out of the way, it was suggested that the pongu go inside to discuss tactics for a battle plan, wemtìhawl, if that would become necessary.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

267) "Ma Tsahik Lamu'ite!" said Tai.  "While we lawk indoors, I would wish that you would gather lahe aysahik, other sahiks, under the Tree of Voices, to seek Eywa's guidance in these matters."
   Tsahik responded by saying;  "Kxawm. Perhaps you should seek guidance BEFORE you create a plan.  Aysahik have already decided that we will be under the Tree of Voices after we have eaten our meal at the end of the day.  We would that the ayeyktan be with us BEFORE any plans are made. TONIGHT."  Colonel Schroeder's eyebrows shot up.  He raised a finger to make a point in protest, but Tai intervened.  "Permission to speak freely, Sir."  She waited for his nod and from Tsahik, as well.  She turned and spoke to the crowd.
   "We all realize that eight years ago, the battle was all but lost until Eywa intervened.  If we claim that we are protecting Eywa 'Eveng, then at least we should take the time to listen to her voice before we make our wemtìhawl. She might give us some insight into solving the question of non-hostiles, and conscripted combatants.  Listening to Eywa would be the sensible thing for us to do, as aysamsiyu."
   Jake was speaking.  "I didn't ask for Eywa's guidance until after we realized that Quaritch was going to destoy the Tree of Souls.  So I want to thank Tsahik Lamu'ite for reminding us, that as warriors for the Na'vi and for Eywa 'Eveng, we must seek her guidance, first.  We have seen the maps, I suggest we go to the encampment, eat, go to the Tree of Voices, and come back in the morning."
   "We are in no rush, and we would love to interact with the tribes, or clans.  This is all so new to us!  We are anxious to meet the people who will be our family!" said the ISV Captain, S'ralta Tamas'.   There were nods of agreement.  Colonel Schroeder shrugged and nodded.  "My instinct as a warrior says don't delay to make a plan, but I agree with Tai and Jake, after all."  Pxati kissed her mate in delight and immediately ordered up a shuttle.  It wasn't long before her assistant glided up in an electric motor pool van.  Ateyo recognized Deborah Webb from her first visit to the facilitee.   She ran up to her with her characteristic enthusiasm, "Oel ngati kameie! Oel miveyam ngati!"  I SEE you. I wish hug to you! You being come for tonight with us. YES /NO?"  Deborah turned pleading eyes toward Pxati, who was already nodding her approval.  "Srane!  Nìprrte!"As the ayhumon and Shy Kirby climbed aboard, the maktoyu had already mounted up.   YAWO! as they launched from the ground. MAKTO KO could be heard from below.
   Once the passengers had disembarked, Deborah was the first  on the trail.  She was barefooted from practice and had her boots draped over her shoulder.  They hadn't walked far when a mob of ayevi hooted from the branches above. "Kaltxi ma frapo!" Hello Everybody,  they called.  Pxati took trail and called up to the ayevi, "Rutxe, plltxe ayngä sa'sem fwa za'u ayfrrtu." Please tell your parents that visitors are coming!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

268)~  "Sanu! Ayfrrtu Za'u!"  Pepxi and Kofi, started shouting to each other and racing ahead of the visitors.  The jungle was soon immersed in the glowing splendor called syuratan. bioluminesce.  It was a twenty minute walk to the encampment.  But the trail was well lit and the smell of roasted meat was wafting through the trees and brush.  The sound of laughter and singing was also like a magnet.  It would have been impossible NOT to find the encampment.  "Oel ngati kameie." came the greeting from Pxati.  Who was greeting each person with eye contact.  Mo'at was seated on her favorite log, with all the grace and composure of a dowager queen.  Pxati was about to introduce Mo'at to the four members of the ISV crew, but was startled to find that they were already pleasantly familiar with each other.  Mo'at was saying, "Oel ngati kameie Ma Kapteyn Zhiralta Txamazh." 
   Neytiri was offering scrumptious morsels on leaf platters.  "Srak 'efu ohakx?"  The assumption was answered with enthusiastic Irayos.  Mealtime was spent learning each others names and names of the various foods, which they  learned to ask for as they practiced.  S'ralta Tamas' turned to Mo'at and asked, "Which clan is this? Are you the Tzahik of this clan?"  There were murmurs of surprise and interest.
   Neytiri offered to translate and explained, and Mo'at nodded.  "There are several clans here at this moment.   Sa'nok, my mother is Tsahik of Omatikaya Olo'.  Oeyä muntxate, is JakeSully.  You know of him, srak?"  Jake was inundated by grateful ayhumon who regarded him rightly, as protector of the Na'vi and Eywa 'Eveng.  "Oe lu Neytiri."  She allowed time for the ISV crew to express their gratitude.  "There are clan leaders from six clans here right now;
  "Fìtute lu, these people are, Eyktan Atumopin and Tsahik Lamu'ite of the Eastern Sea Clan."  The Red Painted Na'vi and her muntxate acknowledged I SEE YOU from their foreheads.
   "Fìmetute, these two people lu Ekytan Tsu'akxu sì Tsahik Txllkrrey te Olo' Varma Or. Dark Lake."
   "Thems making clay stuffs and beats!" offered Ateyo.  It was quite a while before anyone figured that she meant beads.
   "Metute lu Eyktan Rolkxu sì Tsahik Avatu'ite of the Pa'li clan syaw, called, Txìkx-txìk-txìpxen.  "Nìprrte'!" was the warm expression from them both.  In turn they introduced their son Rolkxu'itan and his wife, Lelu'tse.
   "Txìkx-Txìkx-Tìpxen sound like pa'li feets." explained Ateyo.
   "Fìmefo, these two, lu Eyktan Komaktu sì Tsahik Tse'nuite te Olo'Yayo Atumpin" The stern man with the red feathered headress stuck out his hand human style and said, "Smon nìprrte! Nice for know you!"  They all shook his hand and also gestured from their foreheads.  "Ma frapo, ayngaru  oeyä 'itanit alu Täpxukea."  Everyone, to you (I present) my son, who is, Täpxukea."  The fierce young fellow gestured almost mechanically from his forehead. But Eyktan continued.  "Ayoeng tìkin mipa hapitxu. Kxawm, tsìng po layu ayoengä?! Srak? We need new members, perhaps the four of you will be ours? Yes/No?"
  "NÌprrte!" exclaimed all four members of the ISV crew.  "Ayoeng rangal nìftxevang a makto ayikrans!" We wish wholeheartenly to fly!  Makto ayikran, srak? You ride ikrans, yes no?"  Ateyo was quick to translate.
"Srane. Slä, aynga zene slu aytaronyu au've.  Yes. But you must become hunters first."  Shari was about to ask how that would be accomplished, but Eyktan Komakxtu held up his hand and continued explaining.  "Oeyä 'Itan Täpxukea kayaru nga. My son Täxpukea will teach you."  Täpxukea was about to protest but was met by those captivating green Hungarian eyes, and reconsidered his sentence.
     "Fìmetupe lu Eyktan Ikxeru sì Tsahik Meykir te Olo'Zongsteng Alor." The two gestured from their foreheads, and Tsahik Meykir carefully stated. "We welcome you fìtsenge. This place."  They in turn introduced Meykir'ite and her intended, Kxetsaw.  Who greeted them happily.
   Eyktan Ikxeru also proudly introduced TaiTaeAo as Eyktan te Olo'Lefngapa Ayikran, and Ateyo te Syaksyuk, "ma oeyä tsmuk."  He grinned at Ateyo.  Tsmuk was a simple way to avoid a complicated explanation of her as his cousin, the daughter of his deceased aunt.  Ateyo liked being described as tsmuk.  It avoided the question of gender!  The last time she came to this encampment her status as half human and orphan was established, or discussed here.  She swept away that memory and concentrated on Ikxeruyä ayli'u, Ikxeru's words. "Oeyä Tsmuk is not tsahik, is tsulfatu for make all somethings.  Olo'Lefngapa Ayikran is child of Olo'Zongsteng Alor, oeyä, my clan."  He was pleased with his assessment.
   JakeSully stepped forward and announced.  "I hope you all got that.  There will be a quiz at the end of the session! Now let's eat!"  The meal continued with people learning names and clans.  Shari was still puzzled about the encampment, though, and asked Mendllzong if he were the Eyktan of it.  "Kehe!" he blurted.  "Oe lu Mo'atä consort, if anything.  I was uniltìrantokx and I AM a surgeon, though. So, SRANE, there is a doctor in the house!" 
   As Mo'at began to speak, rain was heard spattering on the canopies made of skins.  Neytiri translated for her line by line, "Fìtsenge lamu kelutral te Olo'Tsumongwi. This place was the HomeTree of Clan Tsumongwi.   Ayoengä aypizayu, our ancestors, all came from this one tribe, and moved in different directions from here many, many long times ago.  We return to this place after all the sawtute flat stone was laid, over there.  She indicated the Hell's Gate complex with her chin.  Slä ayoeng zam'u fìtseng  Numsteng Toktor Graceyä hu ayoeng ayeveng. But we all came here to Toktor Grace's learning place with our children. Vaykrr vomun zìsìt, until ten years ago."  An uneasy silence fell upon the clans as each were immersed in the recollection of the tragic event that lead to the murder of Sylwanin, right in front of Neytiri, her little sister.  Mo'at's voice faltered but she continued.  "Tam'iv'awm fìtsenge krrokrro tenngkrr ayoengyä ayeveng ftamì'a.  We camped here from time to time, while our children studied".
  Mo'at sighed deeply, and shook off the old memories.  Suddenly she clapped her hands together conclusively.
"But now  is new time.  Time for make new friends with aytute te Aytxe'lan Aean. People with Blue Hearts.  And now I am finished speaking."
  The meal concluded.  Tai and Taifa' learned that Janet Henderson had brought down their Nifo 'Oti, Fire Knives, and were easily persuaded  to do their Txep Tstal Srew,  Fire Knife Dance, though because of the low canopies, they restricted the high tosses.  Once the cheering died down, Taifa' switched places with Ka'alani.  She got up and danced the hula she had taught.   Lahe tute, other women from Zongsteng Alor joined her,  while their arms, hands, and aykxetse described graceful lines in the air.  When she sat down, and had her ukelele once more, a young Na'vi woman spoke with her and shyly announced that Ka'alani and she had written a song.  They had been practicing all day and wanted to share it.   Ka'alani introduced the song with a cascade of notes and the 'eve began to sing:
Oel new futa ngeyä tsawkel
'ivampi oeyä aysompìvati
fte ngeyä tìsomìl
tsivun mivunge oeyä tireati
nefä na pìwopx
I want your sun
to reach my raindrops
so your heat
can raise my soul
upward like a cloud.*
   The sweet melody lingered in the air.  It was exactly what was needed to calm the energy.  After the young woman had been praised for writing such a touching song,  Lamu'ite requested that they all go to the Utral Aymokri, Tree of Voices, for guidance of their future.

*Irayo, Ma Seze Mune.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

269)  The Tree of Voices was a short walk away from the encampment.  The coals to the campfire were banked and everyone filed out and approached the Tree. with hushed voices.  Each took their neural braid, tswin, and connected with the Tree's long tendrils, which seemed to pulse faintly with glowing energy.  The ayhuman were included in the circle, even though they could not make the Bond.  But it was easy to close one's eyes and relax, and FEEL the energy through one's pores.  It was also interesting for S'ralta to feel a surge of energy from the Red Bird clan, warm and welcoming.  Yet also, sexual and sensual interest.  It was wasy to identify the source!  Although her eyes were closed, she could sense MOWAN from Täpäukea.   This wasn't unwelcome either. She realized that HE could sense her attraction as well.  Shari felt a nudge in her consciousness and returned to the communal energy.  She couldn't SEE what was happening, but she was well aware of the necessessity of maintaining Balance upon Eywa 'Eveng.  She was grateful to sense that Täpxukea had seemed to turn his energy to the matter at hand.  It was  a sign of maturity and discipline that she could appreciate.  She felt her energy slip deeper toward this shared consciousness.  Earnestly, she wished for a Tswin with which to experience the fullness.  She was aware of energy flowing past her.  She remembered herself as a child upon 'Rrta, standing beneath the monorail track with her eyes closed, simply experiencing the electromagnetic power race above her.  This time there was no adult hand, rudely jerking her into/out of consciousness.~~
   Tai breathed deeply and centered herself, allowing the flood of imagery and voices to envelop her.   It wasn't hard for her to disconnect her thought patterns and release her perceived notions of how the battle would play out.  She cleared her brain and waited to see what Eywa and her ancestors would tell her.
  Tai was watching the Battle for the Well of Soul's.  She was floating above the scene, watching as smoke and fire enveloped the Na'vi below.  She heard a familiar voice saying, "I didn't sign up for this s***..."  She felt the space around her tilt.  She was flying with Trudy Chacon.  If anyone had been watching they would have seen her smile broadly. "I'll help you find the Blue Hearts." assused Trudy.  Tai  felt the rashness and impetuatuos spirit that caused the face off that ended Trudy Chacon's life.  "I've got better perspective now.   Trust me.  I can show you who the true combatants are." ~~~~~~~~~
    JakeSully was always a bit startled when initially linking up with the Tree of Voices.  It had that same sensation as falling though the wormhole when in the link chamber.  He wasn't sure what he needed from Eywa, but he needed to know, somehow, whether this mission was the answer to eliminating the remnant RDA.  Were they a threat?  Couldn't they ignominiously die without need for a battle?  Could they separate out the ones with potential, the ones with Blue Hearts?  Perhaps, only Eywa could have the answer.~~~~~~~
   Pxati Fenwick was seated next to Hans Scroeder, her muntxate.  Even before she Bonded with the Utral Aymokri, she could sense his tension, his anticipation and his concern.  But when she linked her neural braid with the tendrils of the Tree, she felt like Alice Falling through the Looking Glass.  It amused her, to recognize the aliteration to the children's tale of long ago.  That's where the poem of the Jaberwocky came from.  She wondered what kind of Jaberwocky was present amid the remnant RDA.  The image of a face twisted in rage filled her brain with its malice.  The shock of it made her cringe.  She knew him immediately.  He was the one at the rim of the Well of Souls.  He was the one who had kept her mother as a sexual slave.  He was the one who sliced off her mother's tswin with a terrible blow.  He was the one... it occured to Pxati that she was experiencing someone else's reality.  But it was hers as well.  Though her eyes were closed she could feel Ateyo's anguish.  ATEYO.  In her mind she could SEE the Web of Life.  She could sense her sister's anguish.  Ateyo was her sister!  Ateyo's DNA had been used to create her Avatar!  She could feel the agony, the desperation of the orphaned child and she wanted nothing more than to protect her from this pain which had already occured.~~~~~~~
    Ateyo was standing alone in an empty sawtute place.  It was dark. And she was separated from Tai.  There was danger in this place.  She stalked around noiselessly, with her tsko swizaw knocked and at the ready.  Cold flat walls were made of the strange sawtute stone.  Some parts of the wall were missing. Faint blue light entered the place that was filled with dust and and the distant sound of war. Kunshots coming closer. Shouting coming closer.  She wanted to get into the next room.  She wanted to see what caused the blue light.  It was imperative that she defend that room.  That womb. Prrnenkelku.  Baby house.  In three steps she had crept to the open doorway.  She glanced at the blue light, afraid that it might reveal her to the enemy.  She crept closer to the source of blue light, allowing shadows to obscure her form.  Yet curiosity drew her eyes toward it.  In the gestation tank, surrounded by blue light was Ateyo. Or a uniltìrantokx 'evi that looked like Ateyo.  She looked with wonderment at the helpless figure and felt resolve to defend this Dreamwalker.
   The sounds of shouting and pursuit drew nearer.  A man burst into the room she had first been in.  It startled her to recognize him at once, though truly, she had tried not to remember his face.  And though she had not intended it, she was face to face with him.  His face seemed like pure hatred.  She drew her arrow to its full length, but could not do it.  She could not kill this unarmed person who was standing before her. Speaking to her mì Ìnglìsì.  "You're the little brat that started all this mess.  You're not going to shoot me. You are part of me. I killed your mother and I should have killed you too.  Come to Papa."  Ateyo wanted to hiss and scream at him. Ateyo wanted to plant an arrow in his heart.  Ateyo wanted to protect the helpless creature in the tank, but she couldn't even help herself.   
   Her eyes were diverted to the left as a quick movement occured.  In that moment two things occured simultaneously; her arrow found its target, and there was also a loud bang. "Papa's" head became instantly vaporized, exploding into shards of bone and grey matter.~~~~~~~~
  Ateyo's eyes startled open  and her heart was thumping a million miles a second.  Tai was sitting beside her, and had been shocked back to physical reality.  But Ateyo's eyes had immediately locked with Patricia Fenwick's.  It was then that she recognized with a certainty, that Patricia Fenwick was indeed her sister.  She had been vaguely aware of it before, but now it was inescapable. 
   As Mo'at leaned back, she realized that everyone was returning to ordinary consciousness.  She sat wondering how much of this experience was projection of a hope or a fear, and how much was a projection of certainty from Eywa.  But she felt an overwhelming serenity.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

270)~It was quite late in the evening when they all emerged from the Tree of Voices.  Patricia Fenwick enveloped Ateyo in a fierce embrace.  "Ma oeyä tsmuke!" she murmured. "My Sister!"  While she was marveling about that, others were remarking about their newfound relationships.  Ateyo and Pxati were discussing their shared vision.  As they discussed it, more and more people revealed that they too, had seen the vision.  They were all puzzled by the Blue Light.  "If the RDA have somehow gotten ahold of AVTR technology, they could be producing Evil Avatars.  That can't be good." growled Colonel Schroeder.  But Ateyo was adament about her perception of the uniltìrantokx as benign, and in need of protection.  Pxati was cautious about taking the vision only literally. "Perhaps, the Avatar was a metaphor; something that needs to be nurtured rather than overcome.  I felt the need to protect it, myself."
   "None of that will be clear unless we are all present when this vision materializes.  We will have to trust Eywa to help us make a good decision." murmured Tai thoughtfully.  "Did anyone else hear Trudy Chacon."  All the pilots concurred, though Norm was most affected.
   "She was sitting right next to me.  It  like she was talking to me.  She was saying that she would paint the targets.  That Eywa would help her paint the targets.  Is that military talk?"  His muntxate, his wife, Mary, was aware of his earlier fascination with Trudy Chacon.  She wished that she could dismiss it, but knew that Trudy Chacon was written indelibly onto his heart.  She swallowed her feelings of doubt, though.  Trudy was a phantom, somewhere else.  Mary was here and now, though she knew she could never hope to displace his attraction to Trudy.  But if Trudy could protect him, somehow, she could put her own regret on hold.
   The Colonel and the pilots were all glancing at their watches.  Ateyo mimicked them and Tai explained to her; "When the big hand points here and the little hand points here; LIGHTS OUT!"
   "Pum-fkxen time?"
   "Srane. Pumpkin time. Krr a hahaw, time to sleep.  Half an hour, folks, pick it up!"  Tai trotted past Jake, tapping her watch.  "Pumpkin time for us, Jake. Please explain."
   Ateyo was trotting backwards.  "Rum fkxen. Ball Vegetable.  Krr a hahaw. Time for sleep. Negyä tirea kä ta ngeyä lahe tokx. Her spirit goes to her other body."  Jake laughed and nodded and waved her on as the pilots all double-timed it to the encampment.
   As they gathered beneath the canopy of skins, Ateyo checked the coals and added some wood to the fire.  She curled up next to Tai in the same nook between roots as before.  It had become established as THEIR spot.  Tai gathered her Beloved close and murmured, "I hope some day that I won't have to go Pumpkin time."  She felt Ateyo nuzzle closer, if that was at all possible.  The last thing Tai remembered before drifting off to unconsciousness was hearing Ateyo say whistfully;  "I wish for seeing pum fkxen, trro. some day."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

271)~The whine of the magnetrons wound down as Twiti opened Tai's link chamber, deep within the Hidden Base.
   "Did you guys go to the Well of Souls again, Sis? er Major?"
   "Srane! SIS.  I am glad to see that you did not panic and shut us down!  What's for supper?"
   "You will be pleased to know that Colonel Schroeder has resupplied your Lima Beans and Ham!" laughed Kristi Castillo.  Tai threw on the pro-offered smoking jacket and allowed herself to be escorted to the dining corner. Kristi answered Tai's first question: "Kehe. Not this time, but I certainly had a nightmare that startled me.  I didn't panic this time.  But I dreamed that Ateyo was hunting down the guy that killed her mother.  It was a real confusing dream because I kept switching places with Ateyo and some other tuTE, a human woman. I think it was Pxati.  There was blue light and gunfire and I think I shot him, but like I say, it was all confusing."  The words all came tumbling out and it was easy to see that the younger woman was quite unsettled.  "Wait.  Here come the others."  Tai watched as Kristi, or Twiti, as she was affectionately known, opened link chambers in succession.  "Twiti, we all seem to have shared a vision, we just aren't sure whether it is prophesy or nightmare."
   "Or both."  chimed in Colonel Schroeder from the doorway.  He had just come out of link from the adjoining Link Site within the cave. "But right now our human bodies need to eat, exercise, shower and sleep.  We will keep you two apprised."
   "I know you will, Tai.  Just promise me that you will get that bastard that raped Ateyo's mom."
   TaiTaeAo placed her hands on Kristi's shoulder. "Ma Twiti!  You can take that to the bank!  His days here are numbered!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

272)~  Raindrops pattered on the skin canopy above the sleeping Na'vi at the encampment near the Blue Heart Gate.  Ateyo and Tompa 'Ivong were setting up extra canopies of tanned leather to divert rain from the helpless ayuniltìrantokx.  Txianna had a constant barage of raindrops on her forehead.  "Poeri aysompìva sìn re'o var zivup."  Raindrops keep falling on her head."  observed Ateyo.  Together, Tompa 'Ivong and Ateyo added extra protection above their hapless eylan.  Tompa just smiled.  His mischievous grin reminded her that his name meant Rain Blossom.
   "Pelun nga lu txen, Ma Ateyo?" Why are you awake, Ateyo? asked the young tsulfätu.
    "Eltu 'ìn." Ateyo replied. Busy brain.
   Tompa remembered the vision they all experienced under the Tree of Voices.  Tompa put an arm around her shoulder.  "Don't worry ma oeyä tsmuk. Tai  ulte poeyä eylan tayaron tsavrrtep." Tai and her friends will hunt down that demon."
   "Oel omum, I know.  But there is danger, and ..." Ateyo squirmed inside her skin.
   "It would be frightening to consider losing her.  Oel omum.  She has been through many battles, yet she remains standing.  I feel that she will be fine. Eywa smiles upon her."  Tompa 'Ivong was no prophet, he could only share that he felt no fear on behalf of TaiTaeAo. "I will remain awake with you until your mind gets tired out!"  They sat in companionable silence, stirring the fire.  Tompa was softly humming the song that Ka'alani had played earlier; the sweet song about love, like the sun turning raindrops into a vapor.  Ateyo was a lot heavier than vapor.  But somehow, he felt honored that she was comfortable enough with him to fall asleep on his shoulder.  He lay her down to sleep next to the fire circle, with the syuratan, the bioluminescense of the rain forest to ease his own restlessness.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

273)~ It was two hours before daybeak and all the Avatars were being awakened by Twiti and Toby.  They were imbibing protein breakfast shakes and making small talks.  Twiti was relating her latest nightmare variation of Ateyo's vision.  "That guy wasn't in the least bit remorseful.  He even blamed Ateyo for the whole mess.  I wish I could be there to kill him myself.  He killed out mother! He deserves no mercy!"  Tai realized that Kristi was experiencing this on a deeply personally level.  Twiti was too personally involved to think non-judgmentally.  That kind of focus can blind-side a warrior.  Quietly she thanked Eywa that she would not be taking unseasoned warriors on this raid.
  "Our informant,Ted Demaria, assures us that a few of his compatriots have Blue Hearts and are unwilling conscripts to the RDA.  If at all possible, we wish to rescue these ones.  The only way I see that happening is a big intervention by Eywa.  I distinctly heard Trudy Chacon telling me that Eywa would help us paint the targets."  Tai got a puzzled look from both Tobi and Twiti.   "Um, that means, she will identify the bad guys for us, somehow. "
  Toby made a statement rather than a question: "So you guys are going to make your battle plans later today?"
   "That's right Ma Tovi-San!" said Colonel Schroeder.  "Hey, isn't that redundant?"
   "What?"
   "Ma. is an honorific same as -san. So MA tovi-SAN states the honorific twice." stated the Colonel.
   "And your problem is...?" stated Toby so matter-of-factly that Hans burst out laughing.  At himself mostly.  He was not in the least offended by  this civilian requesting double honors.  He congratulated himself on his adaption to and inclusion of civilians into his circle of friends. His soaia. Family.  "Hop in, Colonel." Hans was grinning to himself as he lay down in the link chamber.  Toby made certain the sensors were positioned properly.  Before he closed the lid to the link chamber he said, "Give 'em Hell, Ma Colonel-San!"
   Other link chambers were being sealed, magnetrons were whining up to speed.  Tai could hardly wait to be thrust down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass to be with her sweet Ateyo, once again.  She sat up in her sleep leaf to the smell of the strong tea that reminded her of coffee.  The shy smile of Tompa 'Ivong was the first thing she actually saw when the cobwebs cleared from her head.    He was offering her a tsngal, a cup of the aromatic brew, but she missed the name of it.  He was talking to her about Ateyo, and pointed out her sleeping form next to the fire circle.  "Ateyo ke hahaw Fìtxon. Eltu 'ìn. " Ateyo not sleep this night. Busy brain."  Tai was grateful that Tompa 'Ivong used simple sentence structures for her benefit.  She was grateful  that Ateyo had found someone to talk to, to ease her mind last night, in her absense..
"Irayo, ma tsmuk." she clasped both his shoulders and gave him a grateful smile.
   Within five minutes, all the warriors had awakened and were stumbling their way toward their respective clans and were each greeted by their ayeyktan sì aysahik, who were warming food wrapped in leaves among the coals and brewing another pot of that good strong tea.  Tai scooted off her log and sat next to Ateyo. As she bent down and awakened her with kisses, she could hear:
*Tìng Pom!*Tìng Pom!*Tìng Pom!"  Tompa 'Ivong  supplied the sound effects for his meylan, his two friends.  "Laughter is a good way to start your day, " observed Tsahik Meykir.
   "Oel ngati kameie, Ma meuianga (honorable)Toruk Makto!" Tai greeted Jake Sully as he made his way to the fire.  Jake tried to brush off the formality, yet he was thoughtful enough to realize that it was, perhaps, appropriate for him to think like the grand leader he truly was.  He nodded to the aysamsiyu and gestured "Oel ayngati kameie" from his forehead. Neytiri offered him a snegal of that strong tea.  "I'll be more honorable after I've had a cup or two of this!" he assured everyone. After breakfast the aysahik accompanied the aysamsiyu to the top of the Kelutral.
   At the top of the Tree, the aymaktoyu, the riders called their ayikran with the various whistles they had each developed.  The ayikrans shrilled and shreiked their greetings in return.  Pxepxi was pouting.  "You don't have to go with them, Sanu. You should play with us in the river." 
   "There will be other days for playing, we will give you a ride today before sunset IF you are well behaved!"   Ateyo gave Ka'alani a conspiratorial wink, and Ka'alani played along. But Tai assured the mevi, "We will be back before dark and we will all go for a ride, if you stop pouting now!"  It was almost comical to see the abrupt change in personality as Pxepxi bounced over to her parents to get a kiss from each one.  "Makto Zong, Ma Tai! Makto zong , Ma Sanu!"
   "MAKTO KO!" "YAWO" shouted  aysamsiyu,  the warriors,  as they took to the sky.  They flew an entire circle around the huge tree, waving to all, before they turned and headed for the Blue Heart Gate to discuss their battle tactics.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

274)~ "Kaltxì Ma Eylan!  Za'u fìtsenge mìfa, rutxe!"  Hello my friends! Come here inside, please! "Pxati and Hans met the entourage of ayeyktan at the back door of the facilitee, which had become the primary access for both ayhumon ulte ayuniltìrantokx.  The ayikran hesitated for a few minutes before returning to their roosts of the Utral.  The members of the pongu, were ushered to the former RDA control room.  Reinforced assault blinds had been drawn over the panes of glass, and the smaller holographic display sat glowing in the middle, as did Shy Kirby.  He was in his element.
   All the pilots, shuttle crews and Starship crew were present.  The ayeyktan were present.  Mesahik (The two sahiks)Neytiri sì Lamu'ite requested to be included as a means of balancing the outcome.
"Ma Oeyä Mesahik!  It is good that you will be part of this pongu.  You will play an important role in allowing us to perform this raid without unneccessary bloodshed."said Colonel Schroeder.
  "Ma Pxati, it will be important for you to be aware of our srategy.  You will be monitiring the high powered radios that will keep communications alive between the ISV and our ground forces, as well as our air arm."  Pxati nodded, but the pride in her face was evident.  "You can deped on me!  I won't let you guys down!"
   Tai waited and got the nod of approval from Colonel Hans Schroeder.  He and Tai had already pounded out a rough outline of the strategy, and had agreed that Tai would be better suited at including the advice of the mesahik.  Tai got to her feet and regarded the two tsahiks gravely.  "Ma meuianga mesahik!  You will serve a very important purpose in this battle."  Neytiri translated for Lamu'ite's benefit.  "We will rely upon you and your insight with Nawma Sa'nok, to help us keep the bloodshed down to a minimum.  We will be laying out several battle plans, and as we present them, we need your input, to determine which plans would be most effective and selective.  At the Tree of Voices, I heard Trudy Chacon assure me that she would "Paint the Targets" to determine who the BAD GUYS are.  Who are the ones who are ruled by greed and hatred, and who has Blue Hearts.  I invite Ma Mesahik, to join us at the map, so that menga, you two, may also have a clear picture of our intentions.  We will NOT take the easy way out and destroy the entire cave while they are sleeping.  An avalanche or a bomb could end all of our worries immediately, but we seek balance.  Ted Demaria tells us that many people do not wish to serve the RDA vrrtep.  We need to identify these few and allow them to surrender, but I am not clear on that plan."  Tai had almost expressed this last sentence to herself.
   "You could simply ask them to surrender." said Tsahik Lamu'ite matter of factly.
   "Kxawm, (perhaps) if the leaders surrender or are killed, the rest will surrender also." supposed Neytiri.  Jake took her hand.  "If their leaders command from the rear, that would not be likely.  Conscripts are usually sacrificed as pawns or bait, to draw an attack."
   Taifa' spoke up:  "Ted showed us where the command bunker is.  It's centrally located only one level down.  Radio waves don't flow through a cave too well!"
   Tai nodded her thanks to her Cuz and continued.  "Once we have come up with several plans, it will be your turn to speak and our turn to listen. What ever our plan, we will most likely have an ikran maktoyu pongu.  The eyktan of that group would be of course, Meuianga Toruk Makto.  I would be honored if  Eyktan Rolkxu would lead the cavalry, ayoengä ayfa'li pongu. (our Pa'li party) I would be honored  if Norm Spellman could lead the foot soldiers.  Our air wing will be the hammer and the ground forces will be the anvil. "  Ateyo and Norm worked out an analogy in terms of stone work, because the concept of anvils implied the use of metalurgy.
   Major TaiTaeAo then addressed Captain S'ralta Tamas'.  "Ma Shari? Can the ISV be positioned so that your telescopes can be trained on this cave complex?"
   "Most certainly!  Just give us the grid coodinates and I can lay a beam on them that would allow us to know what they are having for breakfast!"  Shari's captivating green eyes sparkled.  Tai was smiling in spite of herself but stated, "We are more interested in the movement of these three amp suits and that one chopper than their breakfast.  They could mobilize their heavy artiliery against us, and it would be critical for us to know.  What ever battle plan we use, it is imperative to eliminate these AMP suits at the beginning of the battle.  I don't need to remind you of the damage those cannons can do to a pa'li."  Tai met the eyes of Neytiri.  The memory of pa'li running with it's mane ablaze, screamed in slow motion through Neytiri's brain.  Rolkxu, Neytiri, Ikxeru and Norm had seen the effects of those weapons.    "Please, allow me to repeat this:  the first things that need to be destroyed are those AMP suits and their cannons." 
   Eyktan Rolkxu thanked Tai.  "It is good that you plan for the welfare of oeyä samsiyu sì poeyä ayfa'li.  But I must ask, how will we achieve this?"
   "Ma Meuianga Eyktan, Honorable Leader. The most dangerous part of any of the battle plans will be upon the crews of the Lefngapa Ayikran.  We have the weapons that can destroy the lefngapa aytute, the metal people.  We cannot spend time searching for them, because they will be able to see us coming by the heat of our very skins."  Ateyo and Norm translated this and tried to explain the capabilities.  "And this is where the efforts of the ISV and Shuttle Crews are critical for the safety of my lefngapa ayikran.  Plus our newest electronic tsamsiyu, Patricia Fenwick, who will give us up to the moment information upon the locationa and status of those ayvrrtep lefngapa aytute.  With that information we can fly in at maximum speed, giving our targets the least amount of time to fire upon us."
  "Ma Tai?" said JakeSully.  "Is there anything that we ikran warriors can do to buy you more time and allow the chopppers to get in closer?"
   "Ma Jake!  Your ayikran are not bullet proof!"
   "Kehe, Oe mllte. No I agree.  But they have less of a heat signature or radar signature than the choppers have."  Jake waited expectanly as Norm tried to explain the planning concerns in Na'vi concepts.
   "My very brave, Toruk Makto.  If this were World War II, I would have you fly overhead at high altitude, dropping small strips of aluminum over the AMP suits, jamming their radar.  But this is NOT World War II, and right off the cuff, what are we supposed to do?  Have an army of munchkins with small hammers breaking up the left over Unobtanium into PIXIE DUST for you guys to drop on the AMP suits, totally blinding all their sensors?"
   Norm didn't have a chance to translate because both Colonel Schroeder and JakeSully, raised their finger to point out the ideas that simultaneously popped into their brains.
  "WAIT!" cried out Colonel Schroeder.  "Major, can you repeat that?"
   "About the munchkins and the Pixie Dust?  I was just being a sarcastic smart sss!"
   "Yeah! But an intelligent Smart Sss!  Repeat that for us," blurted Jake.
   "I said SAN: we should break up some Unobtanium into gravel and pour it on the AMP suits from up above: SIK.  That woud totally blind ALL of their sensors!"  Ateyo had an easier time explaining this.  Norm helped explain "Jamming" the sensors  as kakrel si  lefngapa aynari, blinding the metal eyes.
   "Ma Tai." said Eyktan Atumopin.  "We could encourage all our non-warriors to help pound  some of the Floating Rocks into dust."
   "Oe mllte, I agree," said the Eyktan of Dark Lake clan.  "In this way, all Na'vi can help with the attack."
   "Ma Kìrvi?" called Tai.  "Do you think that you could rig up nine navigation  packs for nine ayikran, so the maktoyu can fly to the three predetermined GPS co-ordinates?  We need to assign pxeikran to each AMP suit, attacking from different directions."  Kirby was excited.
  "Srane!  Nìlun!" Yes!Of course!  I can even rig switchable radar so that they can acquire their targets with little bursts of radar.  This would be especially useful if it is raining."
   "Great Job!" exclaimed Major TaiTaeAo.  "We will need these nine packs ready within a month.  The rainy season will start in earnest and I intend to use the cover of a storm to make our attack."  she turned to the Toruk Makto.  "Ma oeyä Jake," said Tai, "I need to know if a normal sized ikran can carry two Na'vi, the electronics pack, which will weigh about 1o pounds and about 200 pounds of weapons?"
  "Kehe.  Only the largest of the ayikrans."  Jake consulted with the assembled eyktans.  Each of the eyktans had been chosen by the largest of ayikran and they were willing to fly the jamming raid.
   Jake counted himself on his ikran with Neytiri as his tail gunner.  Ikxeru counted himself and Kxetsaw who each had large ikrans.  That was three.
  Komaktu, of the RedBird Clan, and his son, Täpxukea each had large ikrans. The count was up to five. 
Eyktan Atumopin, the Red Painted Na'vi Leader of the Eastern Sea Clan, eagerly volunteered for the mission. "That's six" counted Tai.
Eyktan Tsu'akxu of the 'Olo'Vawma 'Ora, the Dark Lake clan, offered to ride.  Tai and Taifa' each had big ikrans, that made their nine.
   Once the nine ayikran and aysamsiyu had been identified, along with their gunners, Ateyo stood up said, "Ma oeyä meuianga Tai, it is very important that these lefngapa aytutan, metal people, be destroyed right away, srak?"
   "The success of the mission DEPENDS on it, Ma oeyä muntxate." 
   "All hims try for shoot ayikrans.   Atanvi being very small, very fast.  I shooting swizaw from behind hims.  They not shooting in front too good."
   "Woah!  Our Little Ateyo is coming up with diversionary tactics." blurted Jake.
   Colonel Schroeder watched Tai's reaction at hearing of her mate's intent to join the fray.  As Tai was weighing the options of this, Jake spoke up: "Ma Tai.  I know you are concerned about letting your Ateyo join the battle.  I was concerned about Neytiri joining the Battle for the Well of Souls. I couldn't have stopped Neytiri if I tried. You will need to accept the fact that your Ateyo is a fine hunter and maktoyu.    But you can't deny Ateyo the opportunity to join the fight."
   "I never thought of denying her the honor of the battle, Ma Tsmukan.  But Atanvi is small and I have seen him grow tired after flying as fast as he can.  So I am thinking, that rather than have her try to engage all three AMP suits, we have another eight ayikran tossing incendiaries, fire bombs.   Three attacking each AMP suit from behind, while another three are targeting with  Pixie Dust from high and above.  But I insist upon fire bombs instead of swizaw.  Arrows won't cause any distraction to an AMP suit."  Turning to the ayektan, Tai said, "Ma oeyä meuianga Ayeyktan, we will need eight more of your swiftest, bravest aysamsiyu, who can fly well in the rain." 
   "Ma Tai!" laughed Eyktan Ikxeru.  "We all have experiencing flying in the rain.  It will be difficult for us to find only eight!  Many more will wish to fly!"
   "Txantsan! Ma Eyktan!  We will need many warriors,from all clans, to attack the mouth of the cave, after the lefngapa aytutan have been destroyed.  Our light brigrade will immediately retreat to the vent on this side of the ridge."  Tai pointed out the vent on the atkxerel atan, the holographic map, and indicated Ateyo when she said Light Brigade.  "If we can amass a frontal  attack, we can use the downwash of the rotors at the front of the cave to blow the smoke from the fire bombs, into the cave itself.  Perhaps we can smoke out the unwilling fighters.  As they leave through the back door, we can have one or two choppers there with a loud speaker telling them to lay down their weapons."
   "Can we assume that the Ones with Blue Hearts be in that crowd at the ~ pak tor?" asked Tsahik Lamu'ite. She was tring to remember the meaning of door and was having difficulty with the literal meaning within a cave.
  "Srane, Ma Tsahik." answered JakeSully.  "We can assume that those who are unwilling to fight will try to escape through the smoke and confusion. So yes, it is a better chance for those who do not wish to destroy the Na'vi, to escape the fighting here.  If it is blocked we should make certain it is open, but without explosives."
  "What if cowards try to mingle with the Blue Hearted Ones?" asked Pxati.
   "Those people might be hard to identify but those who wish to fight will be easy enough to identify," said Eyktan Komakxtu of the Red Bird Clan.  He had an unmistakable glint in his eye of raw determination. "Those who  Eywa wishes for us to spare, will find their way to the back with their arms raised above heir heads."  Neytiri and Lamu'ite exchanged glances but had thoughtful looks on their faces.
  "We have made a good deal of progress here.  It would probably be a good chance to take a break and refresh ourselves.  When we are finished, I would like to hear what  mesahik will say to us." concluded Tai.  Shortly afterwards, Pxati and her assistant Deborah Webb, brought out platters of fruit, some meat wraps, and aysnegal of the rich tea that was so stimlating.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

275)~ Eating indoors was out of the question.  The break became a movable feast.  Off came the bath towels, and a green and white checkerboard pattern was created on the lawn near the picnic tables.  The conversation continued on the upcoming confrontation.
   In between bites Ateyo asked, "Ma Tai? How I making fire same time as fly ikran mì tompa, in rain?"  Of course, she always carried her spark stones, but she couldn't imagine doing this successfully while flying. Taifa' had a ludicrous image of Ateyo with a cigar clamped in her teeth, lighting off cartoon style fire bombs.  "We've got contact detonation grenades, srak?"
  Hans nodded in the affirmative while Norm explained to Ateyo about the bombs she would be throwing at the AMP suits.  The discussion then moved to flushing out the RDA with smoke bombs.  The advance parties would be supplied with those as well as Pixie Dust or Fire Bombs.  "Ted tells us that we are dealing with only twenty-four people.  Two commanders and their leutenents are kawnga sute.  The others we aren't sure about, but smoke will disorient them.  They will probably have face masks, but perhaps not functional.  So we might consider tear gas."
   "These things you speak of, smoke and tir kas, these will not kill the soldiers with Blue Hearts?"  asked the tsahik of the Eastern Sea Clan.
  "Kehe, Ma Lamu'ite. Neither Blue Hearts or Black Hearts would die."
   "And the Lefgapa Sute? The Metal Men?"  she inquired further.
   "These might escape from the suit when it is destroyed." replied Hans.  Norm and Jake were then obligated to explain that the AMP suits were not men, but lefngapa pen, metal clothing for ayhumon.
   "If we can flush them all out and surround them with ayfa'li samiyu and lahe samsiyu on foot, they might be persuaded to surrender without a fight."  suggested Tai.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

276)~ But there was another matter that needed attention.  "Ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke!   Wawe fi'u." This is important, said Eyktan Komakxtu.  "Ma oeyä mipa ayhapxìtu new ayngeyä ayuniltìrantokx!"  My  new members need their DreamWalkerBodies!
   Pxati was all over herself with apologies.  "Ma Komakxtu! Oeru txoa livu! Forgiveness to me!  With the excitemet of planning a battle we have neglected our duties!"
   "Kea tìkin!" No need ...(to apologize)  We are here, lahe aysahik lu sim." The other tsahiks are near.
  "We could put you into the link chambers right now, if you would like." Pxati was addressing the shuttle crew and the ISV crew as well. " The formalities can occur once the planning session is concluded, and we return to the encampment." said Pxati in a most gracious tone. 
   Once again, with the cool floor under their feet, the pongu walked through the back door.  Pxati lead the group into the observation room and leaned against a wall to watch the expressions of the ISV Crew as they recognized their own Avatars, resting inertly upon the gurneys in the observation room.  Even the two shuttle pilots, Warwick and Meullar were stretched out.  It was hard for any of the humans to supress their excitement.
   Tai was not immune to the electric excitement in the room.  "OK astronauts! Time for you to take the journey to the Final Frontier.   And by the way,  Alice's rabbit hole was NUTHIN compared to this ride!   Don't worry, you guys will do fine!"  Ateyo looked puzzled and shrugged off the unfamiliar references.  " 'O' " was her explanation. EXITEMENT! "
"You know the drill! Meet us outside to show off your new hides, then finish out this planning session and listen to the council of the mesahik with us."
The giddy ISV crew and shuttle crewmen each slipped into their respective link chambers.  The techs on hand  scrambled in succession as each chamber was retracted amid the whirring of the magnatrons.  The new Avatars were achieving consciousness and getting their vitals checked as the others sat discussing the final points of gathering a force large enough to insure that the unwilling rebels would quickly surrender.
  "Ma Eyktan Rolkxu,  how long will it take for your  ayfa'li aymaktoyu (horse riders) to approach the ridge just North of the RDA base?" asked Colonel Schroeder.  Together the ayekytan discussed how much time they had to amass their forces, ayikran, ayfa'li and even foot soldiers, among the ridges that lead to the RDA base.  A surprise attack was planned, and timing was discussed.  Norm was concerned that the RDA could have radar or some method of detecting their approaches.  Ted assured them that their equipment was limited and that the tower which he had been working on, he had left dismanteled of vital ciruit boards.
   When the new Avatars paraded out of the Facilitee, it was nearly anti-climactic, so absorbed were the Eyktans with their planning.  Pxati and her assistant Deborah directed the Avatars to the Sleeping Hut where the clothing options had already been laid out.  Täpukea, the son of the Eyktan of the Red Bird Clan, waited expectantly for Shiralta to appear.  The flaming red hair of the Starship Captain, made a striking contrast to her lovely blue skin.  Eyktan Komakti welcomed the other newcomers and apologized for his son's noted distraction.  Everyone was distrated by her beauty, though.  Her startling green eyes were even more luminous than before, and her red tufted kxetse was twitching with exitement as the eight new members were brought up to speed.
   Neytiri stood up.  "I am pleased that there is a possibility of encouraging the reluctant RDA to surrender.  It would be gratifying to know that we may retrieve Blue Hearts that would otherwise be our enemies."  Jake Sully added, "The only ones I am truly concerned about are the commanders.  If they have long range weapons of any kind, and their finger on "the button"  those four could kill many of our people, that we have conveniently gathered as their targets." 
   "Ma Jake, we will have the weather as our cover." Colonel Schroeder assured Toruk Makto.  "Our forces will be separated into different groups, and each will have a chopper flying cover, as well.  Stealth will play a large factor.  We can use the cover of their own mountain ridges against them.  They would only be looking down their valleys. Maybe we could locate their cameras and sensors before we move in?"
   "Our sensors would be able to detect high frequency radio signals even form low orbit.  The shuttles can also bounce signals to give a full array." offered Ni'Awve, Number One, First Officer Gabriella Donsdorf.
Colonel Schroeder suggested, "We could set up motion detectors on the choppers or with our forward parties.  If any RDA try to set up mortars, we could send out interception parties and teach the Na'vi to say "Tìng Tsung Fu Terkup!"  Give ground! Surrender or Die" mì Ìnglìsì while holding them hu tsko swizaw.
   This was the only part of the conversation that the eyktans picked up on.  Collectively, their ears perked up and their aykxetse waved in the air menacingly, prior to their imagined strike.
   "With your permission?"  Ted spoke up.  "I doubt that there are enough remaining mercenaries that could be entrusted to set up a mortar pit outside of the base.  Given the chance, I think they would run.  I just don't know how many are that loyal to the commanders."   He shook his head, and with a distant look of horrid memories in his eyes, he said, "If anyone leaves that base, it would be those commanders.  They would rely on the Amp suits or the chopper.  Those commanders are the only ones crazy enough to face an entire army."
  Jake clapped his hands together with a sense of finality.  "Tse, oeru tìhawl!"  Well, we have a plan.  It is not perfect, but it allows for a minimum of casualities on both sides.  No battle is without dangers, but I think we have a definite tactical advantage.  If Eywa wills it, we may pull off a safe rescue mission.  Are there any further questions or concerns?"  He asked in both Ìnglìsì ulte Na'vi.  "Well then, we have new members to initiate!  Let's PARTY!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

277) A mass exodus ensued.  Mipa ayhapxitu all chose to ride ikrans or pa'li for the short flight or ride to  the encampment.  Needless to say, Captain Shiralta rode behind Täpukxea.  Ateyo invited Ted Demaria to ride in the saddle behind her.  He was grateful to have stirrups that fit him.  Ateyo was amazed at herself for even offering.  She had come a long way from her original feelings of distrust towards him.  It wasn't long before they were all at the encampment.  Little Atanvi was grateful that he was allowed to fly low and land in the clearing rather than the treetops.  Ted was doubly grateful.   Shy Kirby has flown in behind Eyktan Rolkxu.
   The sun was disappearing below the horizon.  Tsahik Lamu'ite and those near her paused to gaze at the fireball being swallowed by the western edge of the great rainforest.  It was sticky and humid, even moreso, this close to the rainforest.  Those in flightsuits had already striped to the waist, tucking their sleeves into their pockets.  As nìwotx mipa ayhapxitu, all the new members, ulte nìwotx wemtìhawl pongu, and the warplanning party, walked through the rainforest, it took on a brighter syuratan, bioluminescent glow.   The moss underfoot flashed with each passing footstep, which made it quite easy to follow the fya'o. path.
  The air was filled with the smell of roasting tsnegan, meat, and various roasted fkxen, freggies, as Ka'alani referred to them.  Several cooking fires were arrayed around the circumference of the clearing, which clearing was before a large utral.  This tree was much smaller than those of the other clans.  It's hollow interior was spacious enough for Mo'at and Mendllzong to cozy into, but for now they were seated outside of their den;  Mo'at sitting imperiously upon her smooth log.  The children each ran to their parents, greeting them enthusiasticly.  But they hushed respectfully when Neytiri approached her mother, the Great Mo'at.  After their mutual Oel Ngats, Mo'at patted the seat next to her.
   "Ma 'Ite! Tell about this plan. What do you think of it?"
   "Ma sa'nok.  Ma Hans sì Ma Tai  have devised a plan which involves a sneak attack, and allowing the unwilling RDA conscripts to surrender.  They have been honorable in their plans, but are immovable in their desire to kill the commanders.  They are referring to it as a rescue mission."
   "Nprrte' fwa  tsastawm, my 'ite."  I am pleased to hear that, my daughter.  "Swaylu nìwotx aysahik lìvawk awsiteng, mawkrra ayoengäl mipa hapxituti lu muwìntxu."   Perhaps all the tsahiks should confer after our new members have been introduced?" 
   "I will be certain that they are each informed." replied Neytiri.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

278) Komakxtu was introducing his newest ayuniltìrantokx to his clan.  His muntxate, Tsahik Tsenu'ite, took her cue and prepared for the blooding.  Her son had scarcely released the hand of S'ralta, but he was beaming with pleasure as he introduced her, as if for the first time.  " Kaltxì, Ma Sa'nok, Tsahik Tsenu'ite!  Oel ngati kameie.  Oeru teya si muwìntxu ngaru, Zhrralta Txamazh, Maktoyu Eyktan te EyEsVi." It fills me with pleasure to introduce you to S'ralta Tamas' Rider Leader of the ISV. " Tsahik had spent several days speaking with S'ralta, most notably on the day the ayorfan had found their parents.  She remembered that the Eyktan Hu Nikre Atum, Leader with Red Hair, herself, felt like an orphan.  But her blood was that of her husbands.  She remembered seeing the the web of life connecting Shari to this clan.  Carefully, she stalked around her, as she had seen Mo'at do.  The kxetse that she batted playfully, had a tuft of flaming red hair.  Suddenly, a thought planted itself in her mind.  Tsahik came key eo key, face to face, with the beauty.
   "Ngenga lu tupe?" she asked the captain.  Who are you?
   "Oe lu S'ralta Tamas'.  Eyktan te EyEsVi Sip.  I am S'ralta Tamas. Leader of the ISV Ship.
   "Pelun  nga lu fìtseng?"  Why are you here?
   S'ralta had been practicing this for days.  She hoped that she had memorized it correctly:  "Oel kxamlä taw asanhì, fwusew zongsteng fpì oeyä txe'lan."  I have come across the stars, searching for a safe place for my heart.  Oel fpìl tsat oel rolun fìfya. fìtsenge." I think that I have found this path. this place." Her eyes caught Täpxukea's.  She had thought "Fìpo." This one.
   Tsahik Tsenu'ite had not missed the visual exchange.  Mowan, desire, was certainly shared between the two.  And this knowledge caused her to think that the two would be mated someday.  Mischievously she said, "Kxawm, oeyä mevengeyä ayevi livu nikre atum, nìteng?"  Perhaps my (two)children's kids will have red hair, as well?"  S'ralta blushed a lovely crimson shade. "Ni'aw omum Eywa."  Only Eywa knows!  But this exchange caught everyone's attention.  A knowing chorus of AHHHHS resounded through the encampment.  Pxepxi would have announced Mowan for the two, but she hadn't caught their names.
  The two women stood smiling at each other, until the hi'i tstal, the little knife, came flashing out of it's sheath.  Tsahik thoughtfully licked the droplet of blood from her dagger.  "Srane, ma frapo!  It's tastes both red and blue!"  Shari accepted the hug, realizing how deeply she had already become attached to this family.  As she was seated with her Intended One she heard Seykxel si Nìtram from the  crowd.  She looked up when Tsahik Tsenu'ite called out, "Haypo!" Next person!" But Tsahik was staring directly at Gabriella Donsdorf.
  Eyktan Komakxtu helped her to her feet, but it  seemed to her that she was standing in the spotlight of a darkened stage.
   "Ngenga lu tupe, ulte fyape fkxo syaw ngar?"  Who are you and what are you called?"
   "Oe lu Gabriella Donsdorf, ulte oeru syaw 'Awve." ...and I am called First."
Eyktan Komakxtu could stand it no longer.  He HAD to ask the question that he wanted to ask since he met her.  "Txo poel lu eyktan, pelun ngar syaw 'Awve?"  If she is Leader, why are you called First."
  "Oe lu 'Awve fko syaw, pehrr pate hrrap." I am the First One she calls when danger arrives."
This got a good measure of laughter from everyone, for the meaning and the awkward sentence structure.  But S'ralta was nodding vigorously.  "Ngay!  It is true!"  There was more than one occasion when Gabby had come to her rescue, literally and figuratively.
  "Sìlpey fwa srung sivi ma oeyä olo', ma oeyä mìpa soaia, nìfya'o." I wish that I would be helpful to my clan, my new family, in this manner."  Everyone was impressed with this answer and the AHHHH that resounded was one of approval.  Out came the knife and the carefully tasted blade.  "Mmmm. Fko kìte'e  sayi'i! " Mmm. this One will serve!"  She embraced her heartily.
  The People were offering their congratulations, and Peter Jensen helped Lucy Peterson to her feet.  The same question was asked after she had been visually examined. 
     "Ngenga lu tupe, ulte fyape fkxo syaw ngar?"  Who are you and what are you called?"
   "Oe lu Lucy Pitrrzong, ulte oeru syaw Lusi. I am Lucy Peterson and I am called Lusi."  She paused as she considered how to describe her job as navigator.  "Ulte oel omum fya'o kxamläw aysanhìt."  And I know the path through the stars."  AHHHHH.  Everyone made an impressed gasp of air.  Even as uniltìrantokx, Lusi seemed frail and delicate.  Tsahik pricked her quickly and tasted the droplet. "Tender!" she exclaimed. And gave her a welcoming hug.
   Peter Jensen stood up.  His Avatar was as heavily muscled as Hans Schroeder's.  But he had a baby face and a shock of blond hair so fine that it resembled chicken fluff.  He was a head taller than Tsahik, but he stood demurely as she scrutinized him carefully.  More carefully than Komakxtu was comfortable with.  Ikxeru elbowed his tsmuk good naturedly and gave him a wry smile. 
  "Ngaru tut!"  And you!" Called out Tsen'ite to the huge Uniltìranyu   "Ngenga lu tupe, ulte fyape fkxo syaw ngar?"  Who are you and what are you called?" 
"Oe lu Pxitrr Jensen, ship's engineer.   He had no idea how to describe his job which he guessed was now obsolete.  He looked beseechingly to Norm and Jake as translators.  "I fix things.  I make things go."  He could not imagine a way he could serve the people.  But he let them know his nickname. "Oeru syaw Hì'i !"  Everyone was delighted to share the dichotomy of the big man named Tiny.  "Na'viti aysute yawne oeru.  Eywa 'Evengiti yawne oeru.  Oe sìlpey kìte'e sivi. Slä pefya?"  The Na'vi people are beloved to me.  Ewya 'Eveng  is beloved to me.   I wish to serve, but how?"
   Tsenu'ite patted his hand solicitously.  She used the excuse of urging him closer to caress his arm.  "With muscles such as these, I am certain we can find ways to put you to work."  Calls of  txulayu, builder, were shouted as encouragement.  As he bent toward her, she pricked him deeply in his shoulder, causing his eyebrows to shoot up in surprise.  "Nga lu txantxur!" You are strong!"   He was met with hooting and calls and high falsetos of "Nga lu txantxur!"  Komakxtu slapped his shoulder a little harder than was necessary, but with  a grin he said, Kaltxi, Ma Tsmukan!"
   Major Warwick was vaulted to his feet by the mighty arm of Hì'i.  Amidst laughter, Tsahik Tsenu'ite said, "Ma Tsiv!  Kxawm  nga lu 'ì'awn ayoengahu, set furIa ke tìtsuswayon Rrpomsip!" Steve! Perhaps you will remain now that you are not flying the ThunderShip!"
  "Sweylu nìprrte, Ma Sa'nok!" It would please me, Mother!"  It pleased her no end to know that he remembered that his blood was traced directly to her.
  "Oe lu Stiv Warwick! Oe lamu maktoyu te RrpomSip. Oeru meuia txo swaylu tswayon ikran  ulte layu taron fpi Na'vi." I am Steve Warwick! I used to fly a ThunderShip.  I would be honored if I could fly ikran and I will hunt for the People. I was once claimed by the Vawma 'Ora, Dark Lake Clan, slä  oeyä tok lu fìtseng sanuhu!" ...but my true place is with my Mommy!"  This solicited an endearing kiss from Sa'nok Tsenu'ite.  He had intended to be silly, so it shocked him to find a lump in his throat.
  Fritz came and stood together with them, awkwardly.  "Frato fwa po pllte!" Everything that He Said!" After the chuckling died down he added, "Oe lu Fritz Mueller slä oeru syaw "Tsmukantsyìp"  I am Fritz Meullar, but I am called Little Brother.  Silpey livu pxan'itan. I wish to be a worthy son."  Tsenu'ite kissed him tenderly on the forhead, already feeling overwhelmed by emotion.  She hadn't expected the exchange to be quite so personal.  Stiv broke the tension by grabbing his Little Brother in a head lock and rubbing his knuckles on his head.  Laughter and SEYKXEL SÌ NÌTRAM filled the encampment.
   Komakxu sì Tsenu'ite had brought many skins filled with Kava.  The empty bowl was brought forth and stood upon it's three legs. Tai wondered who had brought the huge ceremonial bowl, not realizing that it had become a permanent fixture.  The skins of kava were emptied into the huge vat with a great deal of ceremony. Tsahik Tsenu'ite raised her hands.  "The Great Mother has seen fit to bring these Blue Hearts to us to become part of the People!  Let us do them this honor and accept them into our olo' with joy!"
   "Ftxozä KO!" shouted Jake. Let's party! 
   Mendllzong stootx up and addressed the crowd, "Mì 'Rrta, my people had a celebration each year to commemorate when Queen Esther, Eyktan Esther, freed our people from captivity. It was definiteltg Taronyit yom Smarìl. the prey eatting the hunter!  Every year we celebrated and drank until we didn't know whether we were giving a cursing or a blessing!  As Neytiri translated for him, he raised his tsnegal to the newest members. And proclaimed, "Ne Tirey! L'Chaim!" To LIFE!" He downed the entire bowl, but Jeanine Hehaka Sapa of the Dark Lake clan was already forming up a dance circle with au, a drum under her arm. 
   The ftxozä continued  long after the ikran flyer dance, and the hulas, and the fireknife dance.  Mendllzong and Mo'at had both crawled into their cubby hole, when Tai reminded her crew that it was almost twenty-three hundred hours.  Eventually, nìwotx ayuniltìrantokx were parallel to the ground. 
  "You being pum kin, ye'rin, srak?" Ateyo asked Tai as she lay back in their favorite spot.
  "Srane. Soon."  They enjoyed some kisses before she became inert.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

279)~ "Kaltxì, MaTai!" were the first words that she heard when the lid to the link chamber came open.   "You are always the first one to come out of link! What is happening at Eana Txe'lan?  Have you finished planning your attack on the RDA Base?  Have the newest Avatars been initiated?  Are you ever coming back to Olo'Zongsteng Alor?"
   Tai was surprised by the flood of questions, but didn't have a chance to answer.  Twiti stuffed the smoking jacket into her arms and ran  to shut off the alarms and welcome back Ka'alani, Taifa' and Henderson.  In the nearby second remote link unit, Tovi was attending the other Avatar drivers, in succession, as their respective link chambers opened.
  "Gimme a HUG!  I've missed you SO MUCH!  It seems like ages since I've seen you! Here's your lima beans! I'll just heat them up!  How's my sister?  How has that dream affected her?"  Twiti could hardly remain quiet.  She REALLY missed seeing her own sister.  The nightmare vision only made her seem dearer to her. 
  "Hey, slow down Sis!  I'll share everything once we have all gathered!"  Twiti was very excited, but managed to zip her lip until they were all seated. "I'm OK Major, Sis! Just eat your dinner.  Take your time. But hurry!" she quipped.  Tai realized how anxious she was and sat next to her rather than across. 
   Avatar Drivers from both Remote Link Sites grabbed food and met in the Ready Room.  It was simply easier to seat ten people there than crowded into one RLS or the other.  After Tai swallowed her last bite and washed it down with juice, she cleared her throat and began:
   "First question: Have we finished our battle plan? Answer: Mostly.  There are some fine tune adjustments to be made.  It seems that we will be mounting a rescue party as well as a battle.  I'll share more of this later.
    Second question: Have the newest Avatars been initiated? SRANE!   They have all been accepted into the Red Bird Clan and it looks as though Captain S'iralta Tamas has attracted the favor of the Eyktaniyä 'Itan, the Eyktan's son, Täpxukea!  BUT they are still needed in their capacity as astronauts.    The ISV crew will return to their orbit and perform surveillance from the Starship on the RDA Base.  Both shuttle crews will also be busy bringing down more RLS halves, more supplies and equipment, and more Avatars.  And no, I'm not sure who, yet.
   Third Question:  When are we returning to Olo'Zongsteng Alor?  With any luck, we should be returning tomorrow.   Eyktan Ikxeru will, most likely, allow us to come home.  Oeyä soaia! lom lu oer!"  I miss my family!  And I am lookinng forward to simply being here as Na'vi rather than as Avatars."
   "The battle plan is nearly completed.  It will involve a sneak attack using the cover of weather and terrain.  The Na'vi will split up to create several different approaches from the mountaintops rather than the valleys.  A chopper will provide  cover from the air for each group. The ISV and shuttles will provide ongoing data on enemy positioning.  Ted Demaria is of the opinion that given the choice, most of the RDA would gladly surrender.  So we are thinking that a superior show of forces will cause them to surrender.  That leaves us with the two commmanders and their gung-ho subordinates. We don't know at this point whether they have ordinance that could be affected against us, or whether they are out of ammo. The only weapons they could mount against us,are three AMP suits, with a cannon on each arm; and a scorpion inside the complex of unknown condition. If the commanders will not surrender, we will either go in after them or bomb them out, but that is a last resort. 
   "Anything more specific than that would be mere speculation on my part." concluded Major Tai.  "Now Ma Twiti. We need to work out shower and get some shut eye!