ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

280)Tai awakened with Ateyo sleeping in her arms.   She lay quietly, reviewing  the upcoming battle which was also a rescue mission.  And the events of the coming day.  In the darkness she was aware that ayemyu, the cooks, and early risers were  already beginning to light their cooking fires.  Ateyo stirred in her arms. "TÌng Pom* Tìng Pom* TÌng Pom." She delivered her customary morning greeting to her sleepy companion.  They didn't linger but soon joined Tsahik Meykir at the fire circle. 
  "Oel mengati Kameie" Tsahik greeted the two.  "Oeyä tskxe txepvi lu txan hì'i. My spark stone is too small. "Srak, oel tsun sivar ngeyä, Ma Ateyo?"  Yes/no I can use yours, Ateyo?"  Ateyo had just tied her pouch onto her belt. "Srane, Ma Tsahik!  Munge fì'tskxe a tsepvi, oeru a aylahe."  Yes Tsahik, Take this spark stone. I have others."  She fished out a large flake and presented it to Tsahik Meykir.  In the back of her mid, she realized that she needed to find more spark stones to replace the ones that she had given away.  She added that to her growing list of chores to do when they returned to the Kelutral.  It was so long since she had seen her HomeTree.
   Ateyo held the tinder on a piece of bark and puffed on it after Tsahik had scraped juicy sparks onto to it.  She carefully placed the tiny flames among the kindling under the vat of tea that Meykir had step-up the previous night.  Actually, the coals had been banked well and the pot was still simmering quietly.  Meykir ladled a tsngal full of luke warm tea for Tai and Ateyo, and added more to her cup as well. 
   "Ma Tsahik Meykir," said Tai.  "Nga stolawm ayngaru wemtìhawl ulti ayngaru tìzusong sute hu Eana Ayte'lan, srak?" You have heard our battle plan and the plan to save the people with blue hearts, yes/no?"  Eyktan Ikxeru joined them at the fire.
   "Srane." she replied as she fed the small fire.  "It is an honorable plan, to allow many to surrender rather than fight.  It is not without it's dangers.  You must draw out the Lefngapa Sute, the metal people, by means of a false attack.  Many of our own warriors will also be injured and killed, kefyak?"
  "Ngay. True.  But I wouldn't expect aysamsiyu to do anything that I myself would not do.  I will be flying my ikran in the initial attack accompanied by Sargent Taifa' on his ikran.  I have people whose abilities I trust to fly cover-fire in the choppers."
Tsahik Meykir nodded gravely, when Ateyo translated,saying,"Ngay.  Tì'efumì oeyä, SAN:Tìran rofa sute txo nga rangal tsnì tsayfot iveyk. :SIK.  In my opinion, QUOTE: Walk beside people if you wish to lead them. UNQUOTE."*
  "Oe mllte." agreed Eyktan Ikxeru.  "Kerame samsiyut ngeyä na ayevengit ngeyä, ulte ayfo nayong nga tsongmì txatxukx frato. Kerame ayfot na ngeyä ayitan ayawne, ulte pumìl 'ì'ayawn ngahu vaykrr tì'ivey." Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even until the end!"*  He continued, "That is why the RDA soldiers will surrender.  Their leaders lack honor."
  "Oe mllte, kop." I agree, too," said Jake as he walked up. "Oel ayngat kameie" I SEE all of you, he smiled as he accepted the pro-offered tsngal and  seated himself.
    The camp began awakening.  "Rewon Lefpom." Good morning, was heard among the aysahik sì ayeyktan ulte aylahe, and the others who had accompanied them on this journey.  "Oel ngat kame." I SEE you, was rewarded with a tsngal of tea sì lrrtok, tea and a smile.  Neytiri accepted a cup and started another fire going.  The previous rains had created a chill to the morning air.   Mo'at and Mendllzong  came and seated themselves,  wrapped together in a blanket made of eanean fiber.  Soon, Meykir'ite had an array of hot wash cloths for everyone.
   Ka'alani walked up accompanied by Kofi and Pxepxi. Pxepxi remembered to greet nìwotx ayfeyntu, all the adults, properly.  And threw herself into Ateyo's arms.  "Ma Sanu? Srak awnga kerä kelku ye'rin?" Mommy yes/no. We are going home soon?"
  "Oe ke omum!  I don't know.  Ma Tai?"
  "We have accomplished much.  But  I, too, am anxious to return to the kelutral hu oeyä olo'." replied the warrior.  It was good to visit with others, and meet the new ayuniltirantokx, but she longed for a bit of stability.  "It's a two day journey by ikran."
   "Frapo sweylu tìftang si mì ayoengyä kelutral i'awn atxon. "Everyone should stop at our HomeTree and stay the night." offered Eyktan Tsu'akxu of the Dark Lake Clan.  Tsahik Txllkrey regarded him favorably.  He was certainly more accepting of  these ayunitìrantokx than he was before.  Hans offered to fly the newest Avatars on the Dragon to their mipa kelku, Olo'Yayo Atumpin, to their new home, Clan Red Bird. But they again declined, knowing that there were many Remote Link Sites to transport down.  Within an hour, the camp was broken down and packed upon ayikran si ayfa'li.
~~~~
*(Irayo Ma Seze Mune

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

281)~ A shrill whistle caught Tai's attention.  She looked over her right shoulder to see Taifa' motioning below them.  The Dark Lake Kelutral was in sight.  The Dark Lake was swollen with runoff from the recent rains, but the clouds were busy elsewhere.  The wind filled her ears, so she was grateful that she and her Cuz had developed a series of whistles for communication while hunting and fishing years ago.  It seemed a mellenium at least.    She let her knees flex to the movement of her ikran's wingbeat.  She glanced to her left and espied Ateyo, standing in her stirrups.  Unfortunately, Pxepxi hadn't learned to ride behind her mother without getting slapped in the face by her kxetse.
  They began their long, descending spiral, withPxepxi holding Ateyo's kxetse out at arm's length.  Ateyo trying to reclaim her tail with one hand without confusing Atanvi, in the meantime, with the distraction.  Eyktan Tsu'akxu dived past them and gestured for them to follow him.  He circled to the northeast and lead them to a break in the foliage which revealed a long "runway," as Tai  considered the long and wide branch.  At night time, this gap was illuminated by the campfires below.  This is what Pfor'atsu had called the landing Pxikon, beacon, when his pongu flew here after fighting off the Toruk.  Pfor'atsu rode a big ikran, which was good, because he was also transporting Jeanine Hehaka Sapa, Black Elk, behind him, in her blue body.  There was plenty of room within the branches of the massive utral.  The ikrans roosted to the left and to the right of the main landing perch.  Soon the huge utral was filled with squawking, bellowing ayikran.  Ateyo took care to secure the stirrups, so that they wouldn't flop around without riders.  As the Na'vi ulte ayuniltìrantokx descended, their mounts could be heard launching themselves to go hunting.
   Tompa 'Ivong was seated in the center of a leather hide.  He had assembled a selection of glass and clay beads around him.  He had arrived earlier in the day, having hitched a ride with Captain Janet Henderson.  "Kaltxì ma Ateyo! Oel ngat kameie! Nin ayfi'u ioi ayuti'! Look at these ornamental things.  I wish I had brought more things to trade for these!  Look how this one catches the light!"  He held up a pretty glass bead.  It seemed to glow from within. Ateyo held it to her eye making sounds of admiration.
   "Sa'nu! Sa'nu!" cried out Pxepxi anxiously. "Oel new a tse'a." Mommy, I want to see!"
   "Ngal new a tsa'ut rä'ä wivo, ma 'evi. Vivin." Don't reach for what you want, child. Ask for it.   Tìng nari, ke ngeyä ayzekwä!" Use your eyes, not your fingers." She held up the gorgeous bead by it's teyr kìng, white thread, which was actually a thin strand of light colored sinew. "Ma Ateyo. Oe tse'a kxenn zera'u te ngeyä mikun!" Ateyo!" quipped Tompa 'Ivong." I see smoke coming from your ears!  You are thinking too hard! What are you planning?"  Ateyo sat beside Tompa 'Ivong and a very ancient Koakte, old woman. And Jeanine Black Elk and a taronyu that he recognized from Zongsteng Alor, by name of Pfor'atsu.  Obviously, he was  quite smitten by the uniltìrantokx woman.  Ateyo was puzzled by the glare that Pfor'atsu received from the Koakte, but remained polite.  Most of the conversation was held in loud voices so that she too could hear what was being said.
  The children were disinterested in beadwork once the initial prettiness was admired.  "Stay where we can hear you!" was the admonition.  Off they ran to play Zhaverwoki tag and "Ngeyä Kxetze lu Oer!" Jaberwocky Tag and Your Tail is Mine!  While  the ayevi played, aysulfätu were shown the kilns where the clay pots were fired.  Koakte hobbled out with the use of a beautiful walking stick that Jeanine had decorated with colorful stones and beadwork. Koakte enjoyed conveying the information she had learned from her koakte.  She sat on a rock and barked out orders to her apprentices in her scratchy voice of authority.  She was explaining how the fires must be made of a particular wood, and a particular dung.  Certain rocks could be beaten and ground into a powder. If the temperature was just right, it became like glass and colored the pottery.  She admonished an apprentice to continue tending the kiln.  She showed off a new technique she developed using two colors of clay.  One was grey and baked out to look white.  The second clay was a rusty orange color.  It was thinned down to a thick, soupy consistency.  It could be painted onto the grey clay.  But the best part was scratching through the red clay to reveal the white clay beneath.   Koakte had developed many designs ayrenu.  Her pottery was in demand through out the land.  Na'vi came from far and wide to trade for one of her crocks.
   It was her pride to have discovered a method of creating beads using the white clay covered with the powder that turned to glass.  Jeanine, or Zha nin, as she was called, had helped her create crude beads by stabbing tiny globs of molten glass with a needle.  The needles that she had on  her person were like Unobtanium in value.  She didn't know if she could ever replace them.  While the aysulfätu were examining this process, Pxepxi, Kofi, and a few other ayevi came trotting up.
  "Sa'nu!  Tsahik plltxe SAN: Za'u ulte yom:SIK" Mommy, Tsahik says QUOTE Come and Eat" UNQUOTE.  Ateyo caressed the child's head absently but they all turned and walked towards the Kelutral, still deep in conversation.  She greeted her spouse who was approaching from another direction, with Hans, Jake, and Neytiri.  "Kaltxì, ma Hans, ma Zhake, ma Neytiri, sì ma Tai. Oel ayngat kame. Peyfa sìsyalew wemtìhawl? How goes the battle plans?"  The couple had been so absorbed in their respective areas of interest, that they hadn't even missed each other's absence.  "We are finishing up some details and forming a Plan B and a Plan C" Attthat point, Norm and his muntxate,Mary, came strolling up and explained those terms to Ateyo, whose head was too full of beadwork and pottery images to pay much attention.  "Nìn, Sa'nu!  Ayteylu!" Each child held forth a double handful of ayteylu, still squirming in their baskets.  "Siltsan säkem hasey! Munge aysat ta ayemyu! " Job well done! take those to the cooks!"  Off they ran, filled with pride.  Food was a common subject, to which everyone agreed.
   Txianna was aware that this was probably her last Blue evening with the soaia.  She had been in her Blue self for so long, she was reluctant to switch places with Kristi Castillo.   "Why are you frowning into your bowl of yerik  stew?, Ma Txianna?" asked Ka'alani.
  "Truth be known, I'm dreading my return to civilization.  I need to switch places with Kristi Castillo.  She's been at the Hidden Base  since before the Jabberwocky Incident.  I had hoped that, by now, they would be getting new Remote Link Sites, and put one right near the Zongsteng Alor Kelutral.  It is so difficult to live in two bodies!  But we MUST take turns," she said to herself with resolve.  Thanks for listening to my rant, Ma Tsmuke."
   "Just sit back and relax, girl. Don't be so worried about the future that you forget to appreciate the present."  said Ka'alani.  "Ma Txianna," said Kxeyo, wrapping his kxetse around his muntxate's waist.  "Srak, nga hasyahow mi oeyä mepun fratxon." Yes/No, you can sleep in my two arms every night." She sighed and leaned up against him.  They shared a kiss and a smile.  The evening proceeded quietly.  Everyone was tired from flying. Mo'at and Neytiri sang an ancient Way, telling the story of their ancesters, and the first Toruk Makto.
    It was a great relief when the Eyktan sì Tsahik showed their guests where they could sleep.  It was a large sleeping area woven between heavy branches.  Ayevi were busy bouncing and climbing with playmates in an adjoining  nest.  Pxati, Hans and Tai murmured quietly together, planning the logistics of transporting Avatars back and forth the next day.  The ISV crew and the first shuttle crew had opted to remain at Blue Heart Gate. Jeanine Black Elk and David Rom also opted to return to the Blue Heart Gate to assist with the many shuttle trips.  Tompa 'Ivong opted to stay here at Olo'Vawma 'Ora to learn more about crafting pottery and making beads.
   Ateyo and Tai  finally curled up together.  Ateyo made certain that she would not be pinned beneath ngeyä hona tsamsiyu, her sweet warrior. There were several minutes where voices were calling out Txon Lefpom to each other beneath the boughs of the Kelutral.  Eventually the only things that could be heard were the sounds of insects singing their counterpoint to the snoring in the bioluminsent night.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

282) Tai became aware of being entombed in the Link Chamber.  She hit the latch before Twiti could  release the lid.  "Welcome back to the Base, Major. Is your Blue Self at the Zongsteng Alor Kelutral yet?"
   "Kehe. We fly out at dark-thirty tomorrow morning.  We are all anxious to get back." Replied Tai as she accepted her smoking jacket and a steaming cup of 'real" instant coffee.  "We should be there mid-morning.  I think my chopper is still on a cliff overlooking the Eastern Sea so I'll have Janet or the Colonel pick you up and bring you over."
   "Is the Colonel taking the Avatars of the shuttle crew to Red Bird Clan?" asked Twiti as she rushed over to help Ka'alani, Dianna, and Janet out of their link chambers. 
   "Kehe."  replied Janet, stretching as after a long nap.  "They have decided to remain at Txe'lan Aean to continue bringing equipment and AVATARS out of orbit.  In fact, some members of the Red Bird Clan are staying at the encampment until the Starship is empty.  Most notably, the son of the Eyktan who has fallen madly in love with the Starship Captain."
   "Love is everwhere!  How is your yawnetu, Dianna?"  asked Twiti.
   "Kxeyo has offered to keep watch of my uniltìrantokx even when my human tokx is over here!  I wanted to discuss this with you all before I said yes." said Dianna with a gleam in her eye.
" I don't see any problem with that, not on our part." interjected Tai.  She didn't mind the small talk.  In fact, this was an interesting development. "You might be underfoot at the Kelutral, and he will have to be able to insure that you are safe from harm, but I believe that is his intention, srak?"  Dianna wasn't sure if Tai was talking to her or to her bowl of lima beans, because Tai hadn't taken her eyes off her meal as she spoke.
   "How about your uh, boyfriend. Twiti?  What was his name?"
   "Tovrey'itan! And KEHE, he is NOT my boyfriend.  He is my STALKER!  I'm glad this is Hidden Base because we have been watching him circle around on his ikran, trying to find me."
  Tai dropped her spoon.  "OH. This is NOT good."
    "Oe Mllte, I agree. In fact, it is kind of creepy and I don't even like going outside in case he sees me."
   "Well there's THAT. Which, I agree, is a major intrusion.  I will have Eyktan Ikxeru address the issue with him.  But I don't need an obsessive intruder blowing our cover, right before an important mission.  Which reminds me:  Ready room in five minutes people. Let's gather the rest of the crew."
   Major Tai gave a quick overview of the upcoming battle plans, explaining that it was designed more as a rescue mission of the unwilling RDA conscripts.  "There are only four real hard asses that we need to eliminate.  And not because of their threat to the Na'vi, but mostly because they have held the remaining RDA as conscripts. Basically, as hostages."
   "Did you personally know these four bad guys, Major Tai?" asked Tovi.
   "Kehe.  They weren't in my chain of command.  I only know what Ted Demaria has relayed to me about them. We are going to use the bad weather to our advantage, and assault them when they least expect it."
  "Like the Japs did at Pearl Harbor, using a typhoon as cover to get close." interjected Tovi.  Tai was taken aback momentarily.  Tovi was of Japanese heritage, so she was surprised that he used the term Japs.  And as a tech, that he new anything about ancient battle tactics of 'Rrta.  She wondered at his savage grin, but continued.  "We will invite them to surrender.  Most of the conscripts will.   They are nearly starved to death.  We were only talking about two dozen people.  If we could eliminate the four commanders, the rest would surrender.  But if the commanders are hell bent on destruction, they could kill many Na'vi and us if we all present ourselves as targets.  We don't know what kind of weaponry the have at their disposal.  But they will be cornered and may take desparate measures.  I just like the idea of killing any remnant of corporate greed on Pandora.  The RDA was committing genocide against the Na'vi for the sake of Unobtanium."
   "I have a question, Major." said Sargent Barilla.  "When will this mission occur?"
   "We just begun the rainy season.  It will be within the month.  Like I said, we need to use the weather to our advantage." explained Tai.
   "I have one question," asked Twiti.  "Can we join the fight?"
   "In order for this mission to be successful, we need to rely on small strike forces amassing for a sneak attack.  We need seasoned warriors who can fly ikrans.  You will be needed here to keep us monitored in case we are wounded on the field.  If anything, you will be needed to assist the medical crew at Blue Heart Gate."  This was an idea that just occured to Tai. 
   "In fact, we will need Mendllzong and Threadgoode to be at the Facilitee to manage the field hospital at Blue Heart Gate."  she said. "Where is he?"
   "He didn't come back.  He might be at the medical/surgical suite right now.  Didn't he come back with you?" said Tovi, as he checked his electronic clipboard.
   Tai didn't like to admit that she didn't remember seeing him.  She had forgotten that he had been along ever since the battle against the evil sea creature.  "You are right, Tovi.  He and Mendllzong and Pxati had been in deep discussions about medical matters last I saw of them."  which had been at the Eastern Sea Clan, but she didn't want to say that aloud.
  "Everyone on this base has an important role to play in this mission, whether on the front lines or back at the Base.  Which ever one.  Now if there are no more questions, I suggest we hit the gym, shower and hit the sack.  Ma Twiti, Ma Tovi, be certain to have us all up two hours before dawn."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

283)~ "Tìng Pom* Tìng Pom* Tìng Pom"  Tai awakened in a strange kelutral, but with the familiar refrain on her lips.   She delivered a kiss on Ateyo's ear, between each phrase.  But when she pried one eye open, she was aware of another presense as well.   Jake was standing next to her sleep-leaf holding out a tsnegal of the strong tea.  "Major we need to talk.  Serious developments:  Ted Demaria just put two and two together of little things he saw before he left.  They will not jeopardize the mission or delay it.  But they will probably change the way in which we prosecute it." 
   "Any body have another cup of this?  Let's meet in the communal area in three minutes.  I need all the ayeyktan ulte aysamsiyu AND Tedd Demaria as well as aysahik, we will need spiritual guidance."
  "Neytiri is already waiting there for us," said Jake as he handed Tai  another cup of the steaming brew.
  "My coming, kop?!" blurted Ateyo.
"Nìlun! Of course!  You are in the attack!" agreed Tai, as the  group descended from the sleeping area into the communal area below.
   "Oel ngati Kameie, Ma Neytiri.  Rewon lefpon!" Tai greeting the Tsahik.  "Rewon lefpom, ma Tedd."  Tedd Demaria was seated next to Neytiri, and Mo'at and Mendllzong, looking anxious.
  "Lighten up guy.  I understand that you have put a few things together in your head.  Let's hear what you've got."
  "Major, I fear those nutjobs are going to take out a whole lot of you with them, in a blaze of glory, if you try to enter the cave system." sputtered Tedd.
   Tai remained calm. "OK you might have just saved a whole lot of lives.  What makes you think this?"
   "Major. Five times in as many months, they would show us a movie to "loosen us up."  But the movie was always the same."
   "Well I guess that you guys didn't have many movies to choose from."
   "  We had eight.  But he would always show the same one.  It was called Masada." said Tedd.
   Tai gave out a low whistle of surprise, and Mendelson could be heard mutttering, "Woo Boy!" from where he sat. 
   Jake was surprised at the responses from Tai and Gregory Mendelson.  "You two act like you are familiar with the movie."
   Tai responded, " I have studied many important battle plans from Earth history. What you may not know about me is that I cone from a  Jewish and Christian background.   I learned about this siege of the Roman forces against the Israeli stronghold of Masada.  The Israelis were  in a stronghold that was built into a mountain side, out numbered thousands to one.  They were able to defend against the Roman invaders and hold them off for over a year.  They killed many hundreds of the Roman attackers, but in the end, they all committed suicide rather than surrender."
    "Those RDA Commanders were always drilling into us never to surrender.  They were maniacal about it." agreed Tedd Demaria.
   Neytiri calmed the man, by gently placing her fingers upon his arm.  He stopped talking and allowed her to translate to the ayeyktan, who were visibly attentive.  When she had finished, she and Tai urged him to continue.
   "You know, I've been thinking about that helicopter.  None of the pilots have survived the previous attack.  No one is capable of flying it, but it sits in the cave POINTED DIRECTLY at  3,000 gallons of jet fuel.  I think they will do the Israeli's one better and BLOW the place, as soon as you guys all enter the cave complex."
   "Woo boy!  Woo boy!" muttered Gregory Mendelson. 
  "I haven't been able to sleep for three nights, trying to remember this stuff.  I was afraid that you would all think that I was holding out on you."  Tai now recognized the second source of his anxiety and patted his back reassuringly.  "No chance, Tedd, we all know that Eywa approves of your Blue Heart.  But I will tell you one thing; what you have told us today has eliminated their biggest strategic point.  They have lost the element of surprise. "
   Tai's brain was going a thousand miles a minute.  "We will draw out the AMP suits by the harrassment of the Na'vi attackers."  She nodded at Ateyo and some of the others.  She addressed her Rebel pilots.  "The order of the battle will remain the same.  We might need to tighten up the timing and coordination of the separate waves.  We can drop in  three hotshots with chain guns, and straif those fuel tanks."
   "Drain 'em?"  asked Captain Janet Henderson.
   "That's the idea.  We can decrease the chance of an explosion.  And people will be more likely to abandon their post if it is soaked in jet fuel."
   "But one spark could create a fire storm," pointed out Norm.
   "Fire. or explosion.  Neither way is pretty.  There is more chance of their escape if they can run from a fire.  An explosion could collapse the cave with everyone in it.  They will leave that cave if they are ankle deep in jet fuel.  They aren't hardened warriors, like their commanders."
  "Ayoenga ayikran ke new aswayon kxämlä txep." said Eyktan Rolkxu of Titxik-txipxen.
  "Oe omum sì oe mllte. I know and I agree.  Our ikrans will not want to fly through fire. But if we do this right, they won't have to.   Though they will understand our need to rescue the fleeing humans."
   "The RDA commanders could blow up the fuel tanks AFTER we straif the tanks.  We could have an explosion AND a fire." pointed out Norm.
   "That is true.  I am open to suggestion.  If anyone can come up with an alternative plan,  Speak now."  Stated Tai.
   After Norm and Neytiri explained, there was a few minutes of awkward silence.  Eyktan Tsu'akxu of Dark Lake stood up, saying, "I can see no other way to create panic among the prisoner/soldiers and draw them outside, where they can be given the chance to surrender and safely removed from the cave.  But who are these three HOT shots that will get in close enough to cause this panic? Who will cause the fuel to leak?"
   Without looking at each other or anyone else, Major Tai, Sargent Taifa, and Jake Sully raised their hands.  Jake looked at the others and said with a smirk. "Was there any doubt?"
  Neytiri and Mo'at looked at the aysamsiyu and agreed.  "It is a good plan."
  JakeSully slapped his hands together.  "Now that we have a battle and rescue plan, I think we should all eat."  Almost eveyone who was gathered was either an eyktan or tsahik and would be involved in the mission in some way.  The People of Dark Lake Clan prepared a hardy feast of roasted meat rollups and skewers of roasted ayteylu and spxam. grubs and mushrooms.  Somewhere towards the end of the meal, Tai stood up and wiped her mouth.  "Ma Oeyä Aytsmukan sì aytsmuke, I think it is important that we all spend time with our clans in preparation for this last mission.   This might be especially true for ayuniltìrantotx.  I know I want to spend time with ma oeyä sa'sem!"  Ikxeru sì Meykir, both looked pleased to be referred to as Mother and Father. "We should all meet once again at the Kelutral Eana Txe'lan mì aytrr a mevol."   Tai guessed that sixteen days would allow for travel time and family time.  Everyone else was nodding in agreement.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

284)~Tweety and Toby were scaling ropes when they heard the peculiar rotor slap of the vectored thrust choppers.  Sweaty and laughing, they raced each other outside the cave entrance, where the choppers would be landing. 
   "The Dragon is not with them. And I'm only seeing two Samsons. I wonder what's going on?" observed Tovi.
   "Tai says that her chopper is still at the Eastern Sea Clan parked on a cliff." replied Kristi, who was more inclined to remember the where-abouts of her sisters.
   "That's good!  Maybe we will be going with her to reclaim it!" said Tovi with visions of sushi dancing in his head. 
   Captain Janet Henderson jumped out of her chopper and gave Tweety a bear hug.  "Oel ngati kameie, Ma Oeyä Tsmuke! I'm supposed to pick up  you and Toby and take you back to Zongsteng Alor.  Tai and the others are on their ikrans.  They will catch up to us there."
   "And I am going to get my Blue Self down to the Kelutral, flat on my back and out cold. " said Txianna.  "Kxeyo says he is going to watch over me like he used to watch over Gace when he was younger." She was fairly beaming.  "So my human self will be on duty and my Avatar will be at Zongsteng Alor.  So I'm gonna lay down right here when we are ready to sky up." 
   "WOW! OK! But what about Melvin?"
   "Kehe.  I'm not ready to do anything like that. I'll be here."
  "Let's sky up people, I want to get home to my family!" Janet laughed as she climbed back into her chopper.  Being a pilot had its advantages.  She did not have to schedule her Blue Time."
   "Honey," said Txianna to Twiti. "I can let my own self out of my own link chamber,  You go in and find an empty one,  I better see your smiling Blue Face come trotting out of that doorway in five minutes or less!"
  Twenty-five minutes later, Janet Henderson was setting down her chopper in the clearing near the Zongsteng Alor Kelutral.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

285)  "Ayfo zera'u!  Ayfo zera'u!" They are coming! They are coming!"  Shouted a Na'vi Tsamsiyu whom Twiti recognized.  The woman was strong and proud and climbed  with grace and ease.  She named each maktoyu as they came into view:
   "Tse'a ikran Ikxeruyä, Ikran Taiyä, Ikran Taifayä, sì hi'i Ikran te Ateyo!  Ulte lahe ayikran alìm!"  I see Ikxeru's ikran, Tai's ikran, Taifa's ikran and the little ikran of Ateyo's and others at a distance."
   Twiti was panting as she caught her breath.  She had followed the woman up the kelutral at her suggestion.  "Ngaru txur menari!" You have strong eyes, said Kristi as she squinted into  the distance.  She was glad that she had been practicing her climbing, now!
   "Oe lu Pfllmazina. Slä syaw oeru Zina.  Nga lu Twiti, srak?"
   "Srane!" Kristi was flattered to realize that this Tsamsiyu had recognized her and knew her name.  "Oel ngati Kameie!"
   The woman was smiling broadly and gestured from her forehead with the hand that was shading her eyes.  "Oe kop." Me, too.  "S'mon niprrte!" Nice to know you.  Actually, she had taken an interest in Twiti since she noticed Tovrey'itan sulking around the kelutral.  "Srak, nga lu Tsmuke te reypey te Ateyo, kefyak?"
   Kristi tumbled the words around in her mind before she remembered that reypey, life water, means Blood. Blood sister.  "Srane! Oe lu tsmuke-reypey te Ma hona Ateyo! OH! Oe tse'al poti set!" Oh I see her now!"
    Zina knew she had a few minutes before they landed. "Layu taronyu?" Twiti smiled when she realized that Zina had asked if she will be a hunter.  "Oe rangal livu!" I wish to be.  "Oe tskxekeng tsko-swizawhu, fratrr !" I practise with bow and arrow, every day.  "Ulte oe tskxekeng li'u alu tsamsiyu, nìteng"  And I practice the words of the hunter, as well.
    "Txantsan!" remarked Zina. She was pleased to see that this uniltìranyu was moving in this direction.  "Kxawm, moe tsun tskxekeng awsiteng hu tskoswizaw? Srak?"   Perhaps we can practice together with bow and arrow soon, yes/no?"  Zina was hoping that Twiti would say YES.  Twiti didn't remember the meaning of awsiteng, but she hoped it was positive.
   "SRANE! Nprrte'!" Was all she could say before she heard the 'ìley, war whoops, of the aymaktoyu as they landed.  Zina made certain that Twiti was out of harms way when the ayikran landed. "Oel Ngat" was shouted gleefully to one another as the aymaktoyu, stripped the saddles from their mounts.  The ayikran waited to be dismissed before they flew off in search of water, and lunch.  Ikxeru was asking Tai, "How does this saddle fit you, Ma Tsmuk?" 
"It is very comfortably for me and Pìwopx Srewyu.  I hope to have one like this one, which fits this well!"
   "You will.  I will see to it!" said Ikxeru proudly.  "I was thinking, Ma Tai, that you have a number of warriors that will soon be taronyu.  And your lefngapa ayayo will not always be able to fly.  We should spend these next days making certain that they are ready.  Do you agree?"  Eyktan had purposely said this loudly as he approached the communal area beneath the kelutral, so that all the pilots could also hear the suggestion. 
"Oe mllte," agreed Tai, and immediately received many resonating slaps ofapproval upon her back.  Zina made bold and gestured to Tai and Ikxeru.  "Oel ngati kameie!  I was just telling Ma Twiti that we should practice tskow-swizaw together later today.  We should join you!"  Tai noticeed that Kristi's face was redder than she had seen before.  She suspected it had little to do with the exertion of climbing the kelutral.
   "You hunters can all practice after you have cooled down and had something to eat.  Now put those sweaty saddles down and get washed up!" Tsahik Meykir pretended annoyance but was interupted by Ikxeru's embrace.  "Ke lisre meyam ngati, ma yawntu!" Not before I give you a hug, Beloved!"
  His open arms and pursed lips were met by a spoon waggling beneath his nose.  "Get away from from me, you smelly man!!"  Ikxeru pouted his lip and turned away with mock opression.  "Srane, Ma Tsahik!" as Meykir'ite handed him a hot wash towel. This play act was for the benefit of ayevi ulte aytute, who were all laughing.
   "Oel ngati kameie, Ma Sa'nok!" Tai greeted Tsahik Meykir when she was done scolding her muntxatan.  Her husband.  "Pe'liu  txanslusan, fpi oeru" What wise words do you have for  me?"
Tsahik regarded the Major shrewdly.  But couldn't resist the invitation to share her wisdom.
" I will tell you this again, Ma 'Ite:
Kerame samsiyut ngeyä na ayevengit ngeyä, ulte ayfol nayong ngat tsongmì atxukx frato. Kerame ayfot na ngeyä ayitan ayawne, ulte pumìl 'ayì'awn ngahu vay o tì'i'avay krrä.
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you until the end of time."
Tai smiled to herself. She had heard these words earlier, from either Tsahik Meykir, or Ikxeru.
"Ulte Ma Tai ..."  Tai loved into those golden eyes expectantly.
"Sometimes you must remind your children to bathe! PeFahew! What a stench!" said Meykir as she turned away.
Tai knew she had been bested, but turned to the aytaronyu with a wide grin. "You heard the lady. Everybody into the creek! Now!"  As she sprinted to the creek, Tai was heard calling over her shoulder, "Last one in is a rotten TEYLU!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

286)  This part of the river featured aysyanan, a series of small falls that dropped sequentially down a long slope.  There were, consequentially, several good swimming holes and caves hidden behind these falls. Downstream was the famous Kava Stirring Cave. But this middle pool was favored for accessibility. This was the very pool where Tai and Taifa' and Ka'alani were welcomed into the olo'.  That was only the sixth day after Ateyo had played GiveAway with her descent from above.  She and the children were upstream, right now, at a nearby swimming hole doing "cannonballs" into the deep pool. It had been a month, more or less, since the Give Away. So much had happened in that amount of time!  Tai was grateful to be floating, carefree in this pool.  There weren't many opportunities to simply relax with her olo'.  Ikxeru was making remarks to this effect.  But it was hard to hear him, with her ears underwater. Sunlight and shadow dappled her face from the leaves above.  She must have dozed off, because the next thing she was aware of was her kxetse being yanked on. She got up sputtering, missing her footing on a slippery rock. She had assumed it had been Ateyo but all the aytaronyu were laughing.  She shook the water from her ears and tried to regain her sense of dignity.
   " Ma Tai, ngeyä aysamsiyu lu stum alaksi fpì Iknamaya"  Tai, your warriors are almost ready for Iknamaya. 
"Srane, Ma Eyktan." Oel new tse'a fratol ftey ikranit!" I want to see them all chose an ikran.  When they tsaheylu si the first time,  there is always a great fight!"   Tai heard Twiti audibly gulp in horror.  They all had heard of the bloody struggles between tutan si ikran. 
"Oel mok fwa ayoengit hivawl fpì lisre wempongu."  I suggest we prepare them before the war party." Tai was pleased with herself for understanding his words.  "Oe mlltxe, Ma Eyktan.  Trray tayaron." I agree, my Eyktan.  Tomorrow we hunt.
   "After we eat, we should practice skow-swizaw", suggested the Huntress Zina.  "I would like to see how well these ayuniltiranyu can shoot!"  She sent a sideways glance at Twiti, causing her to blush.  But mostly it was the gentle touch of  toes along her instep that caused the water to heat up around her.  Ikxeru noted that a good shot was only one of the skills necessary to make a goood hunter. "It takes tracking skills.  One must learn to think as your prey. One must have a proper attitude, and one must know the words spoken to the one you have killed."
   "OH! I've been memorizing that prayer!  I can recite it!"  Twiti grew somber and solemnly recited the Hunter's Prayer.  When she had finished, she felt Zina give her a surreptitious hand squeeze underwater.  "Ma Twiti!? Have you ever tsaheyl sì with a creature?"  Tovrey'itan let out a loud guffaw and received an elbow from Ikxeru. Zina looked up defensively.  "I am only asking because tsaheylu with a creature is more immediate than tsaheylu at the Tree of Voices.  And once they have tsaheyl si with an ikran, they must take command of the situation, or they could get hurt."  Ikxeru had remained stoney faced. "Fi'u Ngay.  This thing is true, It is necessary that all our new aytaronyu experience tsaheylu with a pa'li.  Most of our aytaronyu have ayfa'li that they can train you with.  You should pair up tomorrow."  He grinned at Zina, who obviously had chosen her partner.  He felt Tovrey'itan stiffen defensively at realizing that "his" Twiti was attracted to another.  Ikxeru slapped him on the  back good naturedly.  He would have said something to him, but at that moment Meykir'Ite, his daughter, appeared at the top of the stream bed.  She cupped her hand to her mouth and shouted above the noise of the river, "Surely you are clean now!  Dinner is ready!"
   She also shouted to Ateyo, who gathered the ayevi admidst calls of, "Oh do we have to?"   Ikeru and Tovrey'itan stood aside to give a hand to the hunters as they climbed up the steep slippery bank from the pool. But mostly, Ikxeru wanted to act as a buffer between Tovrey'itan and Zina and Twiti.  Tai stood across from him and gave Zina a hand up, who in turn gave Twiti a hand up.  As they filed past, Tai glanced at Ikxeru, who had a look of relief in his eye.  As Tai extended her hand towards Daniels, she caught Janet Henderson in the corner of her eye.  Henderson was taller than most women and tall as a Na'vi, as well.  She had reached up to grasp the hand of Tovrey'itan. She momentarily lost her footing, and Tovrey'itan lunged forward and helped to steady her.  With his arms wrapped around her, she was able to regain her balance.  She lingered in his arms, perhaps a moment too long, and said, "Irayo, Ma Tovrey'itan." and gave him a sweet smile.  None of this was lost to Ikxeru and Tai, who exchanged knowing glances.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

287)  Taifa caught up with his CUZ along the mossy path,  and confided in her.  "Shesh, Ma Tai!  First you and Ateyo, now Tweety and Zina! Then the two at the Eastern Sea Clan.  Every where I look, there are Gay couples!  I'm begining to feel outnumbered!" He was laughing but there was an uneasiness about his statement.  Tai grinned to herself as she watched Ateyo playing Follow the Leader with the ayevi overhead.  "Don't worry, Cuz!  It's not mandatory!  It is just more accepted among the Na'vi. A non-issue."
   "But I feel ...SURROUNDED!"
   Tai smirked.  "Now you know how the rest of us have felt.  But no one is telling you NOT to be STRAIGHT, or condemning you because you love who you love. Kefyak?"
   "Yeah!" he said thoughtfully. " I never thought of it that way.  That would really suck. Um, belay that statement."
   "Besides, there is another straight encounter right under your nose, and I bet you haven't noticed!"  Tai indicated with her chin, the new pairing of Captain Janet Henderson and Tovrey'itan, walking ahead of them. 
   "Auwe! Ma Taifa!  You fella don't gotta worry about NO THING!  This wahine being YOURS!"  Ka'alani slipped her arm around his waist and slipped her kxetse around his thigh.  "There are plenty more straight couples than gay couples.  I don't think the Na'vi even have words for that!  You just notice them more because no one is hiding!"  Taifa was pleased to have this sweet reminder and assurance cuddled close to him.  As they walked together along the mossy path, each foot step glowed beneath them.  Soon the whooping children announced their arrival at the kelutral.  And the magical moment was gone.  Smells of roasting riti (stingbat) filled the air.  Taifa's stomach answered the call with a loud gurgle.  "Auwe! You fella sure know how for spoiling a moment!" chided his yawnetu, Ka'alani.
  "Oel ngati kameie, Ma Meykir! Auwe! Txantsan tsnegal!  Oe new tsat yom!" I SEE you Meykir! WOW Great meat! I want to eat that!"  She wanted to say THAT SMELLS GOOD mì Na'vi, and knew that FAHEW meant "a smell", but had only heard the word used in a negative connotation.  Meykir laughingly offered roasted riti on a stick, as well as mushrooms marinaded in kava, and other roasted fkxen (Freggies, as Ka'alani called them) and of course, the ever present crispy teylu.  Soon the conversation was shifted towards pairing up of couples for taronyu training.  Zina unabashedly chose Twiti as her partner.  Tovrey'itan turned to Janet, saying; "Ma KaptaynI oeru meuia txo nga liyu oeyä yawntu~ 'ä'! oey taronyu!."  My Captain, an honor to me if you would be my Beloved. oops! My Hunter!"  It seemed that he was using humor to announce his intention, but her captivating smile was all the answer he needed.  Behind herself, Tai could her Twiti's sigh of relief.  Pxepxi was at Tai's elbow whispering, "Tovrey'itan having MOWAN for Kapteyn!" 
   During  the meal, Eyktan Ikxeru announced that training would begin tomorrow for Iknamaya.  Meykir interjected, "Ma Muntxatan!  We have ayuniltìrantokx fìtseng who have NOT been blooded!  How can we proceed when they have not been initiated into our clan?  We hardly know them!  When did these ayuniltìrantokx arrive at our clan?  Au! Ke tare! Oh it doesn't matter.  Everything has been so confusing this past counting-of-the-moon!"  Tsahik Meykir, took the first unfamilar Avatar and drew him to his feet.  She took the leaf plate of food from his hand and handed it off to her right.  She stalked full circle around the startled Captain Daniels.
   "Pelu tupe ulte pe syaw ngar? Who are you and what are you called?"   Daniel's reached down and grabbed up Lieutenant Bruce Wade by the elbow.
   "Ma Meykir!  Oe lu Kapteyn Mike Daniels, sì fìtutan lu Pxrus Weyt.  Moel tamìng relpey tengtrr nì Colonel Hans Schroeder,zerok?  (Meykir!  I am Captain Mike Daniels! and this person is Bruce Wade.  We gave blood the same day as Colonel Hans Schroeder. Remember?")
   "ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ, KEHE!"  Aaaaaaaah no!" replied the tsahik with a puzzled look on her face. "Slä oe zerok fwa kava lamu txur! (But I remember that the kava was VERY strong!) "Hans? HANS!" she exclaimed.  "Mo'atil  molunge oeyä Hansit sì oeyä Pxatiti!" (Mo'at took my Hans and my Patty.) Tsahik squinted hard at the two, trying to squeeze the memory from her brain.  "Ulte Tshik Tsenu'ite molunge relpey te mefo! (And Tsahik Tsenu'ite took blood from you two!) SLÄ" (BUT) "Menga ke lu mehapxitu te Olo'Yayo Atumpin!" (But you are not two members of Red Bird Clan.) "Mengeyä mekxetse lu oer!" (Your two tails are mine!)  With that, she whipped out her tiny knife and pierced Mike's chest triumphantly. She tasted the crimson droplet and closed her eyes.  "SRANE!" YES! "Ngaru teng relpey te Ma Pforatsu. You have the same blood as Pforatsu!"   Ulte, PESENG lu Pforatsu? "And WHERE is Pforatsu?"
   Of course, she knew that Pforatsu was completed enthralled by Jeanine BlackElk. He was at Dark Lake Clan, at the moment.  She had been pondering this for quite a while.  Koakte would probably not allow Zhanine to leave her olo'. Neither could she actually TASTE whose clan a person belonged to, but she had paid attention early on under the Tree of Voices.  This one was connected to Pforartsu, who was Ikxeru's nephew.  Her forgetfulness and even the kava-tipsiness was all part of her charm and mystique!  Her muntxatan was explaining what she already knew; "Ayoenga Pforatsu lu ta tok Vawma 'Ora, fpì alu Hehaka Sapa."  (Our Pforatsu is at the place Dark Lake Clan, for the sake of Hehaka Sapa.) He was pleased to have remembered her Lakota name.  It was so much more melodic than PxLAK ELKx!    But his wife was commanding attention.
  "Ulte nga kop! Ma 'Eylan! Nga lu tupe? sì Fyape fko syaw ngar?" (And you too, Friend! Who are you and what are you called?)  She was stalking around the pilot Bruce Wade and eying him carefully.  "Oe lu maktoyu te Lefngapa Yayo, Lt. Bruce Wade.  He pronounced the D carefully,knowing that it was an uncommon sound mì Na'vi. Meykir continued her inquest:"Ulte oeru a peng, pelun lu menga fìtseng?" (And tell me, why are you two here?)
  Bruce spoke first.  "Oeru lu kelku, fpì oeyä eana txe'lan. (To me  this is home for my blue heart. "Oe werem fpi Na'vi ulte ayoenga kelku." (I will fight for the Na'vi and our Home!)
   "Oe kop!"  (Me too!) answered Steve Daniels.  " 'Efu fitxen f'yao"  (I feel the same path.)  Meykir and the others smiled at the awkward phrasing. 
  "Fayluta 'efu nìprrte' a oeyä mikun!"  (These words are feel pleasing to my ears!) "Ma frapo!  Kaltxì si ayoenga mipa hapitu alu Olo' Zongsteng Alor!" Everybody say HELLO to to our new members of Clan Zongsteng Alor!) After a good many ayKaltxi and ayOel Ngati Kame, Meykir raised her voice again.  "Ma Morina!" A startled Na'vi huntress stood up. "Nga leru fyawìntuyu fpil Ma Mayk." You will be the guide for the sake of Mike.  "Ulte Ma Pxekka." Another strong woman stood to her feet.  "Nga leru fyawintuyu fpil Ma Pxrus."  (And Bekka, you will be the guide for Bruce.)  As the couples introduced themselves to each other, Meykir exchanged a smug look with Ikxeru.  Not only had she established good matches, but she had  found names which started with the same sound as each others.
   "Ma Sa'nok!" said Tai. Meykir turned with a smile, pleased to be identified as Mother.  "Fula  fiolo' Zongsteng Alor mi lu mrr ayhapxitu. (For this Clan Zongsteng Alor, there are yet more members.)  Tai turned to her group and said, "Alright, front and center as I call your names:  Sargent Steve Williams, Sargent Freddie Petrich and Sargent James Samuels."  The gunners of the other pilots stood up to be recognized.  "Peter Barilla.  John Brandenburg. Lohr Stevens. and Tony Le Brash."  The Avatar-mechanics also rose to their feet.  "Louis Rivroire." The Comm Tech was also in Blue Skin.  "Dr. Threadgoode.  Madelyn Davies. Lesley Savage."  The medical team stood up, though they were in human tokx.  "And our Link Techs, Melvin and Dianna, who are otherwise occupied."  Their human metokx were at Hidden Base, their eana metokx were "resting comfortably", under the watchful eye of Kxeyo and his younger brother, Pxako.
    The festivities continued long through the night.  Each of the mechanics were blooded.  The gunners and medical crew got a taste of life within the Zongsteng Alor Clan and a preview of the intiation oce they received THEIR Blue Bodies.  The kava bowl was circulated, at first with great ceremony and later, more informally.  Laughter and singing resonated beneath the kelutral.  At twenty-two hundred hours, Melvin and Txianna regained consciousness and were immediately draged to their feet.  It wasn't long before they each wore their puncture wounds proudly.  But within the hour, each of the Avatars had turned into Blue Pumpkins while the FTOZÄ progressed merrily without them.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

288)Zina and Kxetsaw were teaching the fine art of bow making to Tai, Twiti, and almost everyone from the Hidden Base.  Meykir'ite was teaching the fine art of weaving wash clothes from the yarn of the EanEan plant to Txianna, Lesley Savage, Madelyn Davies, Melvin,  Dr. Threadgoode and small number of ayevi.  Ateyo was carving wooden ikran heads for the Ikrantsyìp uvan 'u' (Ikran play things)that had been promised to Pxepxi and Kofi.  But the Japanese tech, Tovi, not desiring to become a hunter, was helping Pxepxi and Kofi search for  aynaria ayikran, ikran eyes.  He had traded a package of sewing needles for a handful of glass beads that Tompa 'Ivong had gotten from the Dark Lake Clan.  Tsahik Meykir came over and sat down next to Ateyo and quietly watched her carve the tiny face of an ikran using a sliver of obsidian.  They sat in companionable silence while Ateyo concentrated. 
  "Nìn, Ma Sa'nu!  Oeyä ikrantsyìp layu tuna menari zapxì sì tsa hì'i menari arim uo tsamune!"   Look Mommy! My toy ikran will have two red eyes on the front part and two tiny yellow eyes behind those two!"
   "Txantsam, Ma Pxepxi! Srak nga sunu fì're'o?" Excellent Pxepxi! Do you like this head?"
"Au! Sa'nu! Nìlun!" Oh Mommy, of course!"  The child took it and carressed it and fitted the glass bead eyes into place.  "NÌn, Ma Tovi. Srak, Po lu lam a rusey, kefyak?"  Look Toby. He looks alive, does he not?  Tsahik also praised Ateyo for her dexterity and cleverness.  But the project was taking too long for Pxepxi's patience.  Ka'alani set down her flower leis long enough to send Pxepxi and Kofi out with a basket and instructions to gather ayteylu and Jiffy Pop.  "Piwll Pornalor, Ma Sa'nu." Kofi informed her solemnly. Exploding Beautiful Plant. She laughed as she sent them off.  This was the moment that Tsahik had been waiting for.
  "Ma Ateyo." she said with a tone lacking levity.  "Set furìa mevi lu 'ìn, moe zene pivllte" Now that the two kids are busy, we need to talk." Ateyo dropped her hands to her lap and looked into Tsahikyä menari.  Her mind raced.  What could the Tsahik possible need to discuss with her?  "Srane, ma Tsahik.  Ngaru oey tìng mikyun." Yes Tsahik, You have my ears.
  "I liked how you have dealt with Stxongyu Tetx (Stranger Tedd) and so does, Ma Mo'at.  You showed a lot of compassion in the face of your own fears and disturbances."  Ateyo didn't understand where she was going with this line of thought.  So she merely nodded sagely.
   "I said what Eywa would have me say." murmured Ateyo.
  "And you dealt with Pxepxi most fairly even though you had been pained by her disobedience and your ikraniyä confusion and pain, as well." Ateyo simply nodded. " I did as any mother would have done." Ateyo was becoming increasingly uneasy with these observations.  She resumed her whittling but assured Tsahik Meykir. "Mi tìng mikyun." I'm still listening.  So Meykir continued.  "And you have proven to be a good matchmaker."  Ateyo was beginning to understand where this conversation was leading. She glanced at Kxeyo and Txianna, who had at that moment, stopped what they were doing to listen.   "And the aytute of Hidden Base love and respect you." 
   "Aypo yawne yaymaka po." Everyone loves a fool." came the protest.
   "..and such a fool has seen Ngopa Eywayä (Eywa's Creation) and has shared that vision with all of us." Ateyo was taken aback, could not protest. 
   "...And being that Tai is Eyktan of TÌwan Steng, Hidden Place, she needs a tsahik."
   "Slä, but I am not from a line of tsahik!"
   "Tsalsungay," nevertheless, "Nga lu tsahik".  You are Tsahik.  You have been acting as Tsahik all along.  "Nga li omum ayway," you already know the ancient songs, "Nga kolar fì'ayway a ma oeyä 'ite. You have taught these ancient songs to My daughter.  Ateyo felt her head swirling with many thoughts, but now she protested with a harsh whisper through her teeth.  "Slä Tsahik, oe lu mawsawtute." But Tsahik, I am half SkyPeople!"
    "Eywa has chosen you.  Do you wish to argue with her?"  Ateyo snapped shut her gaping jaw.  "I was chosen?"
   "Who else saw all of Eywa's Creation and Eywa 'Eveng within her belly?"
   "But I am a clown! NOT a tsahik!" 
   "...and you have blessed us with your silliness and happiness, Ma Ateyo."
   "Slä!" But!
   "It is decided! Aysahik mllte." The tsahiks agree.  With that, Tsahik Meykir stood up and turned away.
   "SLÄ! What should I do now that you say I am Tsahik?"
   "Do what you have always done.  You are Tsahik.  Txo nga sìlpey, nga sì oe sì oeyä 'ite kiyä Utral Aymokri. If you wish,you and I and my daughter will go to the Tree of Voices.  You need some time to absorb all of this." 
"Oe mllte." I agree said Ateyo.  "After we have eaten."  Ateyo took up her wooden toy and thoughtfully continued to whittle.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

289)  "Sa'nu, sa'nu! 'En peu!"  Mommy, Mommy! Guess what?"  Pxepxi came running over to Ateyo, breathless with excitement.  Ateyo hardly looked up from her whittling.
   "Pe fmawn zamunge oeru, Ma Evi?" What news do you bring me, Child?"
   "Nìn!  Ma Twiti mowan Ma Zinaru! Twiti has desire for Zina!"  Pxepxi was pleased to be the bearer of this news, as usual.
  "Ììì, kehe!  Oeru lam furia sneyä tskoti ngop Twiti kanfpìl!"  Aah, no. It appears to me that Twiti is concentrating on making her bow."  The child looked again, and the two disappointed her in not displaying affection at the moment.
  "Slä tsamefo lamu! But those two WERE!" Pxepxi protested.
  "Tam, Ma Pxepxi. That will suffice.  Kempe ke nì'eveng.  Don't act immature! Some day you will have mowan for somebody and some little kid will be watching you and pestering you. Just like you pester ever one else!"  Ateyo wondered how much WATCHING her daughter was doing.
  "I wasn't pestering them! I was WAAAY over there hunting for ayteylu. Nìn!" Indeed her basket was squirminng with quite a few of them."
  "Txantsan! You are keeping up your end of the bargain!"
  "Nìlun! Oe new nga oeru ngop ikransyìpit uvan'u!  Of course!  I want you to create a toy ikran for me!" laughed Pxepxi.
  "Kä! Yur ngeyä key sì metsyokx. Tsum krr a yom!" Go!  Wash your face and hands.   It's almost time to eat."  She gave her daughter a playful tap on the butt.
  "Hey!  You gave me a Potch on the Txìm!" she cried.
  "Where did you hear such a thing?"
" From Ma Mendllzong, when he gave Mo'at a little potch on the Txìm!"  Ateyo was taken aback.  This child was FAR too observant!  But Pxepxi was skipping away to wash up before she could think of something to say.  How could she possibly be tsahik?  She didn't even know how to control her own daughter!  This child was related to her, a little cousin perhaps?  She would have to check again at the Tree of Voices.  The Tree of Voices. Ateyo could not picture herself with the same amount of authority and honor as Mo'at, or even Meykir.  And she certainly did not look as stunning as Neytiri or even Meykir'ite.  Suddenly the last ray of sunshine that had pierced its way into the jungle, was blocked.  She looked up to see her yawntu, silhouetted against the bright ray of light.
  "Ngal  nìn furìa sneyä ngop ikransyìp uvan'u nga kanfpìl!"  It looks like you are concentrating on creating a little ikran plaything!"  Tai reached down and helped Ateyo to her feet.  Ateyo nodded as they walked together towards Meykir'iteyä newly woven hot towels.  Automatically, their mekxetse found their places around each others thighs.  Tai leaned down and whispered into Ateyo's ear.
  "We haven't stirred the Kava lately.  I was thinking after lunch ..."
  "Kehe, ma yanetu!  I have already promised Meykir and Meykir'ite that I would join them under the Utral Aymokri."
   "The Tree of Voices?  It must be something important.  Tse, Kxawm mawkrra txona wutso?" Well, after the eveing meal?"   This was accompanied by a very surrupticious nuzzle on Ateyo's throat.  Clear accross the communal area Pxepxi's voice could be heard; "Ma Tai having mowan for Ma Oeyä Ateyo!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

290)   The meal was finished and Meykir and her daughter had already taken off in the direction of the Tree of Voices.  Meykir had only to nod in Ateyo's direction to let her know it was time.  The only information Ateyo shared with her daughter was that she had something impotant to discuss at the Tree of Voices.  Tai and Taifa' and Ka'alani grabbed the mevi by the hands and encouraged them help with the after dinner chores.
   "Ma Pxepxi!  Moe zene set kä a KP !"
   "Peli'u lu Key Pxi?" What word is KP?" asked Pxepxi, craning her neck upwards to catch Tai's eye.
   "We are going to help everyone clean up after our meal.  Go get all those clean washcloths and put them next to the pot of hot water. " The ayfyentu, grownups, of the soaia directed the children with chores.  When tsamefo, those two, had at  last emptied the scrap basket at the edge of the sngel heap, they came back laughing.  Ka'alani had mixed up the words for Sngel, trash, and Tsngal, cup, and they decided to create a quiz to teach her when they got back to the camp.  The ayfyentu discussed amongst each other what they had over heard concerning Ateyo.
   As the three walked towards the Utral Aymokri, Ateyo voiced her concerns again.  "What if I'm not ready?  What if I am not right for the task? Whoever heard of a tsulfätu becoming  tsahik?"
   "Ma Ateyo. The fact that you are humble enough to doubt your abilities is sign enough that your glass is sufficiently empty!  If you had been over confident or self-righteous, we would not have considered you."
  "Ayoeng? Pesu?"  We? Who?"
   "We aysahik have had a lot of time to talk together.  Did you not say, that the ayhumon are like ayorfan on Eywa 'Eveng?  Your work is not done here!" Said Meykir.
Instead of continuing her protest, Ateyo watched the moss glow with each foot step.  Soon they were at the edge of the Utral Aymokri.   Ateyo loved walking beneath the Utral Aymokri, the Tree of Voices.  It was almost as overwhelmingly peaceful as the Ramunong Ayvitral, the Well of Souls.  The tendrils of the Tree created a shimmering curtain, and it seemed to her, as always, that the tendrils almost reached for her, so eager was the Tree to offer its shared energies and memories.  The three women stretched themselves upon the soft, cool moss.  Immediately, their ayswln entwined with the Tree's tendrils that lightly brushed the ground.  They lay head to head to head, with their bodies radiating outwards, much as Mo'at had done with Alekxsi in the cave by the lagoon.  But the three were also the many, as they communed with all aysahik past and present.  But the doubts tried to crowd out the soothing voices in Ateyo's head.  Meykir, ever vigilant, touched Ateyo's hand reassuringly.

Kxamtsengro ngeyä tokxä    At the center of your being
Ngaru livu tì'eyng;    you have the answer;
Ngal omum tsattutet a nga livu       you know who you are
Ulte ngal omum tsat a nga nivew.   and you know what you want*

A flood of memories washed over Ateyo. Memories fresh and ancient. Ayway, ancient songs could be heard, laughter and talking.  It seemed that Ateyo was once again sharing her peculiar vision based on her view of the Galaxies from the Starship.  A blackness she had never known, with thousands of sparkling stars that looked like the glass beads that Hehaka Sapa had shown her.  Eywa 'Eveng nìrum, like a ball.  Prrnen, a baby with her womb.  Ateyo could hear her own voice and the voice of aysahik, koakte ulte aytute, and even a few male voices,  singing a song such as was known before time:
Far far far above us                                ALìM ALìM ALìM IO AYOENG
outside the black of sky               WRRPA LAYONA TAW
Ewya washed her hair                                EYWAL YAMUR SNEYä  NIKRET
Sending droplets of water                ULTE TSAKRR TUNGZUP  AYFAYìVA
To sparkle in the darkness                 NA TEPVI MÌ SìVAWM
And she called them stars                 SYAW AYFORU AYSANHì
She squeezed her hands together         POE  MESYOKXIT AWSìTENG
And made two suns in the sky                 NGAMOP MESAWKETI MÌ SAW
She made these wonderous things       KOSMANA AYFì'UTI NìWOTX
For her pleasure                                            FPI SNEYä TìPRRTE'
But Eywa makes time to listen                 SLä FRAKRR EYWARU LU KRR FTE TIVÌNG MIKYUN
to all hearts who sing of                 NìWOTX AYTE'LANUR A ROL POEYä
wonderful creation                                 KOSMANA  TìNGOPTERI
Each voice accepted Ateyo.  Acceptance flowing all around her, all through her.  Ateyo was glad that she was laying down, because of sudden. it seemed she was falling backwards, or floating.  She caught a quick glimpse of herself, of herself!, on one toe balancing, in a hilarious attempt to convey her floating experience.  Laughter billowed softly around herself.  She experienced diving, as into water, plunging into the depths and resurfacing amidst stars.  She didn't realize that she had come to her knees and was shaking out her hair.  But so were Meykir, sì Meykir'ite.  Laughing and giggling as they accidently struck each other with the wooden beads that were in their braids.  Their ayswin had easily slipped out of connection when they done this, but upon reflection, it seemed to them all that they heard the joyous laughter around them still.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

291)Meykir emerged from beneath the Tree of Voices, holding the hands of her meveng.  Her two children.  The one she had given birth to late in life, the other she had raised as her own since she had been a toddler.  One would grow to become tsahik of Zongsteng Alor, the other would become/was becoming tsahik for the Olo' Tìwan Steng, Clan Hidden Base.  "Srak 'efu seykel?" she asked herself.  "Do you feel proud?"  Not for herself, she concluded.  She was proud  of  these two younger women.   She wondered  how many more years Eywa would grant her to walk on this land, but she had a sense of relief knowing that these two would care for the Peoples quite capably.  She smiled at the two skipping ahead of her; her daughter lean and graceful, Ateyo child-size but not childish.  Child-like but not childish. or immature.  She wondered how much of her childlike qualities and silliness would be sacrificed to achieve a dignified status.  Mo'at had assured her that she, Meykir, was quite capable of guiding Ateyo to a place where she, Ateyo, would be comfortable being wise and being silly.  "Perhaps we could all learn that these two concepts don't cancel each other.  If anyone can show us the sacred through the profane, it would be our Ateyo." she thought to herself.
  "Ma Sa'nu!" called out Meykir'ite to her Mother. "Moe kerä txan win ngaru, kefyak?"  We are going too fast for you, right?"  She only laughed.  The smell of roasting yerik came wafting through the trees.  "Kehe! Fahew te syuve yerikä oeru eyk." No, the smell of food, yerik. leads me!"  They had remained under the Tree of Voices for so long that evening had come and the evening meal was being prepared.
  As they approached the communal area, several cooking fires were turning spits of roasted yerik.  "Oel ngati kameie" was heard as the three walked to their soaia.  The choicest, most tender pieces were offered to them as they emerged, radiant, from their experience.
  Pxepxi was beside herself.  She wanted to know what had kept Ateyo away, but she also wanted to share everything SHE had just learned.  "Ma Tsahik! " 'En pefo taron si tspamang yerik fìtrr?" Tsahik! Guess  who killed a yerik today?"
"ÌÌÌÌÌ, Nga! Srak?" Um, YOU! Yes/No?"
Pxepxi thought this amusing.  "Kehe! Oe taron seylu ni'aw." No! I hunt grubs only!" she replied laughing. She couldn't restrain herself.  "Ma Twiti tspamang yerik!"  Twiti killed a yerik.
  "Seykxel sì nìtram!  Ngeyä awve, srak?" Your first one, yes/no?" asked Tsahik Meykir.
  "Lesngäi!" blurted Twiti with the word that reminded her of lasagne.  It indicated the First of Many.
  "Poe layu taronyu sìltsan txan ye'rin!" She will be a good hunter very soon." assured Zina  with an affirming clap on her Twiti's shoulder.
Tai pointed out that she and her pilots had been given the honor of shooting all the ayerik for the evening meal.
  "Ma Tai!  Ngeyä olo' lu teya hu siltsan saronyu!  Tai your clan is filled with good hunters." said Tsahik Meykir.  "You should be pleased to know that your clan also has its own Tsahik!"  This puzzled them all, though they had overheard the earlier conversation of Ateyo's inclusion.
  "Pefo?"  Who?" asked Pxepxi.  She had been excluded from the earlier conversation.  Meykir smiled indulgently at Pxepxi and then at Ateyo.
 "Ngeyä sa'nok, nìlun!"  Your Mother, of course!"
  This baffled the child for a moment.  But she then placed her hands on her hips and said, "She can't be Tsasik!  She is Tsulfätu and she hasn't finished making my toy ikran yet!"  To her little mind, this was a deciding factor.  She was even more puzzled to hear laughter at her words.  And somewhat annoyed.  She was about to protest further, but turned to find Ateyo brandishing a wooden spoon at her.  "Ewya has bidden me to provide guidance to all my family, nìwotx oeyä soaia!"  But I shall finish your toy ikran with pleasure!"  This caused everyone in the soaia to burst into laughter, as well as Meykir, and even Pxepxi was laughing as her sa'nu crushed her into a hug.
  Ateyo was still self concsious about the honor and the title.  But she clung to the words that Meykir had spoken earlier. "If we had thought you over-confident or self-righteous, we would not have chosen you."  Meykir took her by the hand and stood up by way of introducing the newest tsahik.  Ateyo stammered. "Txo oe plltxe lu txantslusamyu, ral nìngay ke omum ke'u."  If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I Don't Know."*   "Eywati tivìng oeru txantslusam awtute kì'te'e si."  May Eywa grant me the wisdom to serve the Peoples."
 "Fi'u kosmana fmawn!" This thing is good news!" announced Ikxeru.  "This calls for a Kava ceremony."  He dispatched Captain Janet Henderson along with Tovrey'itan to fetch up a pot  of kava. In the meantime, the ayevi presented an Ikran Flyer dance in Ateyo's honor.  Tanis couldn't Fly because her Ikran, Janet, was getting Kava.  But Ka'alani made a fine substitute.   She made certain to keep the child's curious hands away from her tswin.  She was relieved when the joyous Kava Arrival Song was heard approaching.  
  Meykir insisted that Ateyo sing the Kava Blessing, an ancient Way that praised Eywa for the pleasures of losing oneself in the Kava.  It was a song of ascendant spirit, which was lost on most others.  Ateyo partook, but only with little sips.  "Fi'u lu ngeyä ftxozä Ma Ateyo! Näk!  This is your celebration, Ateyo.  drink up!"  Ateyo remembered the headache and the hangover.
"Kehe sì Irayo, ma Tsahik! Tìng sraw re'o ni'aw!  It gives me a headache, only!"  She was asked to give many blessings that night.  She blessed Twiti and the new hunters.
  "Frakrr ngeyä swizaw nìngay tivikuk fpi Na'viru yomtìyìng srak. May your arrows always  stike true, for the benefit of feeding the People."  Everyone was lining up to receive a dose of Ateyo's silly, loving energy.  She moved from taking small sips to merely licking the Kava from her fingertips as she gave each blessing.
**Ngari syuratan livu txanatan. May your bioluminescence be brilliant.

**Ngari sanhì kawkrr ke slu vawm. May your bioluminescent freckles never become dark.
But when she came up to Tai her yawnetu murmured to her, "Ma Ateyo, is it permissible to ask oeyä tsahik to stir the kava tonight?"  Meykir overheard this and answered for the startled new tsahik.  "Ma Tai, not only is it permissible, it is highly recommended!"
  It wasn't long before a parade of well wishers marched the two down to the kava cave.  As the  "Do Not Disturb" staff was planted at the top of the path, Ateyo and Tai could overhear Pxepxi,  "Ma Tai having mowan for oeyä sa'nu!"
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*  Lyrics by  KANSAS from the song Carry On My Wayward Son
** Learn Navi.com. Na'vi Proverbs. from enty #340

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

292) The waterfall created a curtain that separated Tai and Ateyo from the rest of the world.  The constant rush of water drowned out the intrusive sounds of the partying in the camp.  Tai drew her yawnetu into her arms and breathed in the joy of the moment.  The rich scent of woodsmoke had infused her hair.  She murmured softly into Ateyo's ear.
"Oeyä txe'lanìri krra nga tsìsyì, ngal pom oeyä vitralit"  When you whisper into my heart, you kiss my soul." * Ateyo wondered where Tai had learned such beautiful words in Na'vi, but didn't let that thought steal her attention.  The soft sand carressed her skin, but not as wonderfully as Tai's touch.  Dimly, the sanhi, stars, bioluminescent freckles, described Ateyo's luscious form. "Tokx eo tokx",  thought Tai aloud.  It was an expression that meant face to face, but literally meant body to body.  This was the true meaning of the phrase, to Tai's mind.
 "It's hard to kiss your lips when you are smiling, Ma Tai.  Is this funny to you?"
  It took only a few moments before Ateyo got the implication and the surprise, finding this image each time the phrase had been used. But soon that idea was dismissed as they each experienced each other's perception of themselves.  Delicate tendrils of meswin grasped together,  Mind Rush swirling in a chaotic frenzy. Sensation  building layer upon layer, as every inch of skin was carressed, titillated. Their energies surged together in a dance that encompassed more than their physical bodies.  Busting forth in wild passion.  
 They nearly fainted from the exhaustion and wonder of it all.  Tai hoped that the waterfall screened sound coming from within the resonating echo chamber.  "Ma yawnetu?" Ateyo had regained consciousness from her swoon of excrutiating delight.  "You smiling again. I am so amusing?"
  "Srane Ma Oeyä Woka Muntxate!  Yes my Loud Mate!  Your tìrol yawne, song of love, is inspiring!  Just the same, I'd rather no one hear us.  The last thing we need is an audience!"  Ateyo started giggling, with the vision of olo' trooping down to the rescue, Pxepxi at the lead.  " I can't helping myself, Ma Tai!  You inspire of loudliness!  Oeyä txe'lan shouting for joy!  Much happy for being LOVE!"  They spent several hours exploring the depths and layers and facets of their intertwined experience.  "You making woka tìrol tìyawne, nìteng! Is contest for hear who making more loudlier!"  Laughing and giggling, they slipped into the pool just past the waterfall.  The underwater plants swayed and billowed with the rush of water, swirling with syuratan, bioluminescent glow, through their seaweed hair.  Ateyo resurfaced through a cloud of sparkling minnows, and saw the reflection of the jungle on the surface of the rippling water.  "Look Ma Tai!  Aysanhi!  Many stars, look for being like Ewyaä txonä taw!" Eywa's night sky.   She was remembered gazing at the vast expanse of Eywa's  creation from the Starship, but now it was contained within this pool, just for the explicit delight of Ateyo and Tai.
  Within the cave again, Tai glanced at her watch. "Sanhi." Stars!" Exclaimed Ateyo, and glanced at her own.  "We only have half an hour," sighed TaiTaeAo.  With their heads touching, Tai showed where the big hand would be.  But with their heads touching, it was inevitable that they fell to kissing once again.  "Oe rangal fwa ke lolu pum'kin, Ma Tai." I wish that you were not being pumpkin." said Ateyo with a bigger sigh.  "Oe kop, Me too.   Slä it is not yet the will of Eywa!" She wondered once again, what the particulars of that event would be.  But Tai kept themselves tenderly occupied until her spirit left her body.

*LearnNavi.com, Na'vi Proverbs thread, entry #563 on: August 04, 2012, 01:06:15 pm
http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/navi-proverbs/563

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

293) Tai and Ateyo came strolling up the river bank hand in hand, with their mekxetse wrapped around each other's waists.  Meykir invited them to her fire and served them some of her Morning After Tea.  Her pot was almost full because most others were yet dozing in Kava bliss.  "Rewon lefpom. Oel Mengati kameie! ma oeyä eylan. Srak nìltsan hahaw? Did you SLEEP well?"
   "Tse, eventually!" replied Ateyo with a sheepish grin.  She decided to change the subject;
"You are always up so early, Ma Tsahik, even when you get silly with the Kava! How do you do it?  It always gives me headaches!"
    "Ma Tsmuke, through the years I have learned to drink enough Kava to get silly, but not enough to lose my wits. Everyone expects people to act silly when they drink Kava.  So it is fun to simply act like I HAVE drunk too much Kava. I allow myself to remember the experience of drinking too much and just let it take over!  It's almost like being in a trance state, except that you are laughing instead of being quiet.  Kefyak?"
   "Ma Tsahik? Are you saying that you are PRETENDING TO BE INTOXICATED?" asked Tai politely.
   "I am very intoxicated, but not with Kava.  I am intoxicated with being silly!  Tì'efumì oeyä, in my opinion, it is important to be silly.  It relieves a lot of stress. There is much to ponder seriously in life.   Silliness and laughter are a blessing.  This doesn't surprise you in the least, Ma Ateyo, Tsulfätu of Silliness?"
   "Stum ke, almost not! Slä being silly can also be a place to hide your 'efu nìngay, your true feelings." Ateyo turned to Tai. "Before I met you I used silliness for hiding, Not tell of lonely heart, not tell of 'efu hek, of feel odd."
  Twiti grabbed Ateyo in a bear hug and exclaimed, "OH HECK! Nga lu ma oeyä hiyeka tsmuke!  Ayoeng sweylu nong f'yao ayaymak!" We all should follow a foolish path!"  It was phrased awkwardly, which cased amusement, but it was appropriate never the less.  Twiti was brimming with joy, and prattled on mì Ìnglìsì, which Ateyo was obliged to translate.    "Irayo, Ma Tsmuke! Thank you for the fine blessing last night, nobody could do any better work of it than you, my incredible sister! I am proud to have hunted with some of the best and to serve for you, the newest and silliest, greatest Tsahik!"  everyone was laughing as Ateyo seemingly gave her own self the accolades.
  As the various Na'vi regained consciousness, they were awakened to the sound of women's laughter in the morning rain forest.  Twiti was making yerik burritos out of last night's left overs, and passing them around. She wondered if there was anything like ground wheat flour or corn meal for making tortillas.  She remembered watching in fascination as her grandmother and great grandmother slapped out perfectly concentric discs with ancient hands.  They would cook them on a hot skillet and turned them so quickly, that they never scorched their fingertips.           These memories quickly dissipated when Pxepxi and the other ayevi came stumbling over.  They had been allowed to stay up late, as well.  "Oel ngati kameie, Ma Tsahik ulte Ma Oeya Soaia!"  Pxepxi was quick to address Ateyo with her new title.  The children started wandering among the adults, collecting hugs as they went.  Meykir'ite, of course, handed out hot wash towels,  to children and party goers, who were now staggering over to Meykir's cookfire.  And over to Lìnga Rik's cookfire as well.  Kxeyo was pleased to find that Txianna's spirit had reunited with her body.  Kxeyo's younger brother Pxako and Tsapxra were still evidently enamored of each other, much to Melvin's relief.  (Tsapra being the vey young "Sheila" who had earlier taken a fancy to him.)
   The last one to rouse from last night's Ftozä, celebration, was Eyktan Ikxeru.  As soon as he had eaten a half dozen yerik wraps and drunk a gallon of hot tea, he leaned forward on his elbows and addressed his olo':
   "Rewon lefpom sì oel ayngati kameie.  Oeru teya si nìprrte' fwa tse'a awnga oeyä soaia tsawl seri."  Good morning and I SEE you all so well.  It fills me with pleasure to see my family growing.  We have new couples, a new tsahik, we have new hunters ! It seems to me that we should have iknamaya very soon.  The other clans are growing quickly also, and we must go soon before all the good ikrans Have already made their choices and are all gone!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

294) Twiti was rubbing her shoulders and complaining.  "Ma Zina! Oel fpìl fwa oeri tsapang!  I think you are trying to kill me!"  I have never trained so hard!"  She wasn't sure she had said this correctly.  But she was satisfied that the intent was communicated as Zina started laughing.   "Tìsraw lu tìmeyp a tokxit txerìng!"*  Zina's strong hands started to explore the sore muscles in Twiti's shoulders.  "Srak ngaru nivew ikran?"  Yes/no, you want an ikran?"  Ateyo was nearby.  She and Zina had been giving lessons in tracking, climbing and falling.  "Ma Zina tell SAN:  Pain is weakness leaving body! :SIK" quote/unquote
  Tai joined in the laughter,  "Ma Zina! You must have had Army Ranger Training!  WE always say that!"  Ateyo was hard pressed to translate Army Ranger, but settled for Nawma Tsamsiyu. Great Warrior.  Both Zina and Tai gained a lot of respect for each other in that brief exchange.    "Ma Twiti!  I see that you are in capable hands. I am going to excuse myself and check on the progress of the other pilots."  As Tai and Ateyo trotted away, they could hear Zina saying;
"NÌMUM!"  AGAIN!  This was, of course, followed by a pitiful groan from Twiti!
   The evening meal couldn't come fast enough.  It seemed to each of the pilots that their resprective trainers were competing with each other to see which one could inflict more torture on their student.  Ikxeru eyed his new aysamsiyu and their trainers.  He knew that the accellerated pace of the learning was due to the impending pre-battle meet up.  It was important that each uniltìrantokx be prepared  to defend where their hearts lay.  Luckily, the pairing had been made by Meykir, who was highly intuitive with her matchmaking skills.  Already, the aykaryu, teachers, were rubbing the sore muscles of their aynumeyu, students. 
   Each mipa taronyu, new hunter, was required to recite the Hunter's Prayer before they were fed.  Each taronyu recited the words flawlessly.  Eyktan Ikxeru was extremely pleased with this and listened carefully as each karyu described the progress of their students and their suggestions to strengthen the various weaknesses.   He allowed much good natured bantering before he stood up.   "Ma mipa olo'yä hapxitu! My new clan members. You might think that we are training you too hard and too fast. But let me remind you, the day of the battle will be soon.  I don't know right now, what role you will play, but if we train you hard, right now, you will have the skills and the strength to defend Eywa 'Eveng, ulte aytute (Pandora and all People) Most of you are of the warrior clan of the tutesyìp, now you will have the skills necessarry to become aysamsiyu nì' Na'vi!"  He clapped his hands together for emphasis.  "Tomorrow we will begin to train ayfa'lihu, with pa'li." Oe set niwotx ayuniltìrantokx herahaw a  sre aysirea txering.  Omum? Srak?" I want all Dreamwalkers to be sleeping before their Spirits leave! Understand? Yes.No?""
   Tai also stood up to translate and reiterate.  "You heard him, people.  Finish up and hit the hay! No monkey business!
*http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/navi-proverbs/msg557636/?topicseen#msg557636

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

295) Through out the land ayuniltìrantokx ulta Na'viya  were sleeping side by side.  The Na'vi of each olo' had come to appreciate the responsibilty of guarding their own Dream Walkers as they lay, helpless and devoid of spirit.  And to be certain, there were a number of Na'vi who never became comfortable seeing the seemingly lifeless bodies of their mipa ayhapxitu, new members.  Mo'at was among these.  She often wondered how Eywa would permanently join their aytokx aean with their yumona aytirea.  It was a question which troubled her mind, but her heart was confident.  She was awake, and sitting outside of the chamber where sngeyä Mentxllzong lay sleeping.  Her Mendleson, who was sleeping peacefully.  She didn't have to guide his spirit through the eye of Eywa.  Did not Eywa deliver him to her without her guidance?  What could Eywa possibly have in Her Mind for nìwotxä ayuniltìrantokx?  all dreamwalkers
    Below her the techs were emerging from their  link chambers. She watched them as they exercized their yumona bodies, each wearing the odd face masks for breathing.  Her two favorites were side by side climbing a vine hand over hand.  Silently, she called Alekxsi.
  They were getting better at tsaheylu at a distance!  She fondly ascribed that skill to the natural mother/daughter relation. Alekxsi sensed that Mo'at was calling and turned her face joyfully in the direction of the silent voice.  At that moment she was aware that her mannerisms, her smile, were recognizable to Mo'at as those of Sylwanin.  Wade followed her glance just as Mo'at rose gracefully and slowly to her feet.  Moonlight sparkled on Mo'at's aysanhì, her bioluminescent freckles.  Hand in hand, Weyt and Alekxsi waked over to the exterior steps that led from her chamber.  They met at the bottom and shared a three way embrace.  "Moel ngati kameie," We SEE you, said the couple in greeting to Mo'at.  "Kaltxi, Ma Oeyä Meveng."  Hello  My Two Children! Do you have time to sit with me?" Mo'at's questions were more appropriately described as gentle commands.  They sat at her feet on the bottom steps.
    "We have about twenty minutes before we need let our human bodies sleep." 
    "Do you not sleep while you are within, your,,, containers?"
   "Kehe!" Wade suspected that she already knew the reply, but sensed that Mo'at was trying to establish her comfort level with the phenomenon.  "When we are in our "containers" we are busy experiencing everything that our True Bodies are experiencing.  Sometimes, our human bodies are very tired even though we have been laying down with our eyes closed."
   "Ngeyä tokxä nìngay aean?" Your True Blue Body? asked Mo'at with a sly smile.
   "Nìngay! Srane"  True! Yes!" replied Alekxsi. "Ma San'ok! Srak pehrr txo ngaru herahaw a meyp, slä nga lu txen fwa säherahaw? Mother, if when you are sleeping lightly, but you are aware that you are sleeping?  Stum tsat!  It's almost like that!"  Mo'at smiled as she puzzled out the awkward phrasing but nodded sagely. Alekxsi continued,  "We are in a sort of tsaheyl with our eana tokx at all times."
  Mo'at wanted to explore this concept further.  "So when you tsaheyl  with the Utral Aymokri fu fitsap,,,"  So when you Bond with the Tree of Voices or with each other, both your bodies SEE?"
  "Srane!  Metokx slä a'aw tirea ni'aw.  Two bodies, but one spirit only." Mo'at leaned back on her elbows and regarded the two small humans solemnly.  Suddenly she laughed.  It was such as unusual expression from the stern matriarch, that it caught them both unawares.  "Ma oeyä meveng!  I am almost jealous that you can experience these many layers! Kosman! How wonderful!"  They spent a few minutes with the Nawma Mo'at, exclaiming  about the prospect of  being chosen by ikran. When they could no longer stifle their yawns, Mo'at sent them off with this blessing: "May Eywa kiss your eyelids with peaceful slumber."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

296) Zina waited patiently for Twiti's eyelids to flutter.  They immediately fell to kissing. But Twiti was disappointed when Zina abruptly stopped and leapt to her feet! "Zau! Set moenga tìyul!" Come! Now we will run!"  Amidst loud protests, Twiti was hauled to her feet and dragged out for a jog.  But this activity was not what Twiti had in mind and she was somewhat annoyed. Zina was enjoying this sweet torture, and promised that Twiti would be rewarded later.  "Ayoeng zene fäza'u ye'krr furia ayoenga smar txo ayoeng silpey fwa yomtìng Na'viyä. * We must rise earlier than our prey if we wish to feed the people!" said Zina.  Twiti didn't understand all the words but realized this was all part of her training.  
 They trotted past the communal cooking fires, and gestured "Oel Ngati Kameie! as they passed Meykir.  Soon they were joined by Ateyo and Tai, and the other pilots, accompanied by THEIR personal trainers.  
  "Rewon Lefpom, Ma Tsmuke Twiti!" Ateyo performed a flying tackle, but she didn't actually knock her down.  They exchanged Bear Hugs, though Twiti could never explain what a Bear was.  Twiti was laughing in spite of herself, "I certainly was not expecting the day to begin like this!  Boot camp without the boots! I should be sleeping! It's still DARK!" VAWMA!"
 They were trotting in close formation through jungle trails that were padded with thick moss.  Twiti was surprised at her own visual acuity.  But having menari nìNa'vi (eyes like Na'vi) was definitely an advantange.  Zina was pointing out the still warm tracks of various creatures and Twiti was beginning to appreciate the infrared spectrum of light which had been previously annoying.  But now, she was learning to recognize and use her eyes in a new manner, and was delighted to point out various tracks and scat before her human eyes could have ever seen.  "I used to do a lot of hunting when I was on 'Rrta, when the economy took a dive.  I wish that I had had eyes like these back then!"
 Tai was remembering all the hunting she had ever done, on the ever dwindling resources of planet earth.  "You will be ready for iknamaya very soon.  Nga mllte, Ma Zina?"  Zina half smiled, but she had halted with an outstretched hand, her menari and mikun pricked forward.  Through the trees, in a clearing 50 yards away, was a small herd of yerik. So quiet had been the conversation, that they had not heard the approaching hunters.   With hand gestures, Zina indicated that Twiti should take the shot.  Responding with hand gestures, Twiti indicated where she intended to move to get a clean kill.  She remembered what she had always learned:  "You have the right  to take a life, but not to make the animal suffer." She knew that she could fell him with one shot, and he wouldn't know what hit him if she aimed for his eye.  Slowly, so as not to distract with sharp movements, she drew the tsko to it's full.  He dropped instantly, and Twiti leapt from her position.  It was hard to be exultant about her aim, when she realized that she had taken a life.  Quietly and solomnly she recited the words over the body of the yerik.
Oel ngati kameie ma tsmukan/ I see you brother
ulte ngaru seiyi irayo!/    and thank you!
Ngari hu Eywa saleu tire/ Your spirit goes with Eywa
tokx `i`awn slu Na´viyä hapxi!/   your body stays behind to become part of the people!
 When Kristi Castillo looked up from her kill, there were tears in her eyes.  Zina knelt beside her on one knee and placed a hand upon her shoulder. "Nga lu alakxsi. You are ready."
http://forum.learnnavi.org/navi-customs-and-culture/navi-proverbs/870/

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

297)~ Zina walked in silence behind Kristy (Twiti)Castillo as they carried the yerik towards the kelutral.  It seemed to her that Twiti might be too soft hearted to become a hunter. But not too soft shouldered.  They carried the yerik between them, hanging from it's legs on a sturdy pole.  It's head lolled at the end of it's neck, with its tongue dangling out.  And although she was pleased that Twiti had made the first kill, she doubted if she could stomach watching the beast's lifeless form as they returned.  She could see the chaff mark on Twiti's shoulder, even though they had placed several layers of EanEan leaves to cushion the weight. Twiti called a halt.
   "Ma hona taronyu!  Fì'yerik lu txan ku'up! My adorable hunter, this yerik is too heavy!  Shouldn't we field dress him now?"  Zina didn't understand the words.
   "Oel omum!Nga zene tsurokx." I understand!  You need to rest."  But it was obvious to Twiti that Zina had missed her meaning, so Twiti was obliged to pantomime.
    "Nìlun! Nìlun!"  Of course! Of course!" Zina tried to hide her embarrassment.  In her effort to spare Twiti the distress of gutting her kill, she had chosen to return to camp with an undressed yerik.  Just at this moment, the other hunters of their family could be heard approaching. 
*Terìran ayoe ayngane/ We are walking your way                                                                                                         
  Zera'u/ We are coming
  Rerol ayoe ayngane/ We are singing your way
  Ha ftxey/So choose
  Ayngakip  'awa tuteti fxivey./ Choose one among you
  Pesu Na'viru yomtayìng?/ Who will feed the People?
  Pesu Na'viru yomtayìng?/ Who will feed the People?
    The voices of Ikxeru, Ketxsaw, and Tovrey'itan were singing each line and the others were repeating each line, in a cadence that suited the rebels fine.  They all remembered marching and running to cadence.
Ayoe tìftang serì/ Ayoe tìftang serì
Tai almost didn't catch the phrase We Are Stopping because Ikxeru had stated it in cadence!  But she called, "Company HALT!" And the group stopped at once. "AT EASE!"                                 Ikxeru gave Tai an apologetic grin as collisions were neatly avoided.  Taifa was helping Tai carry her yerik, leaving Ateyo the task of weapons bearer.  She trotted forward when she saw her sister, Twiti, stopped just ahead. Encumbered with weapons she had no free hands for gesturing or hugging.
  "Ma Tsmuk!" She said to Twiti after rubbing noses with her. "Pelun, why you carry yerik this way?"
  "Oe ke omum!  I was surprised that we didn't field dress the yerik!  We always dressed the kill before we brought it home; when we hunted on 'Rrta."
   "You being hunter mì 'Rrta? Ma Twiti, srak?"
   "Srane!" she replied.  A lively conversation in Na'vi ensued among Zina and Ateyo, and soon other huntsmen joined in, pointing to the unopened yerik, and gesturing with nods toward Twiti, who was looking confused and concerned. Ateyo's tone of voice was slightly annoyed.  She seemed to be chiding Zina in a good-natured manner.  There was laughter and a statement of finality.  Suddenly, everyone turned to Twiti. Zina and Ateyo looked rather grave and Twiti started to feel VERY nervous.  She was expecting to be corrected for some oversight and was not expecting  what Zina was about to say.
   "Oel ngati Kame, ulte, Oeru txoa livu, Ma Yawntu!" I SEE you and To me forgiveness, Beloved."
"Txoa? Pelun?" Forgiveness? Why?" Twiti was more puzzled than self conscious now. Zina unleashed a flood of Na'vi with very heartfelt gestures.  Twiti caught the word, Tsngawgevìk, crying, and tsngawpay, tears."
   "Her is saying, SAN" When I seeing tears, I thinking Twiti too tender heart for hunter being:SIK  Slä I been tell of her SAN: Ma Oeyä Tsmuke lu taronyu mi 'Rrta :SIK
Another flood of Na'vi  from Zina.  Ateyo slowed her down and translated once more.  "Ma Zina tell me for telling you KE ZOPLO. Not insult of you. For not believe you can 'Field Dress'  yerik. She seeing of your tears. Thinking wrong of you for being tì'Rrta ulte, not tsamsiyu, for being TEK."  At this point Twiti closed her eyes and raised her hand to stop the words.   She realized that Zina was apologizing for stereotyping her as a Tech instead of a soldier. a weak Earthling! She opened her eyes when she felt Zina's hand on her shoulder."  She regarded her mate's golden eyes, which were filled shame and apology.  She was also aware of Ateyo near their elbows listening intently as Zina spoke softly to Twiti.  "Zina say SAN: Her not never think you are not hunter. And Rutxe, nga, you please forgive her for think your tears was nìmeyp, like weak."
  Twiti didn't have time to feel insulted.  In fact, she was impressed that Zina would make such a clear public admission of her own stereotypical thinking.  Who wouldn't feel overwhelmed by this.  She took Zina into her arms to convey her acceptance of the apology.
  "So' ha! Ma Tsmuk!" Great! Sis" Now let's gut this beast and put everything back into balance!" Tai was less than ceremonious and was using gruffness to cover her embarrassment at such an overt outpouring of vulnerability.  Some how, the underbelly seemed like a appropriate symbol for the entire episode.  The yerik was moved off the trail and Twiti produced her knife.  It wasn't long before the burden was once again shouldered, less the entrails, which remained behind to complete the never ending circle of life and death.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

298)The late morning meal was enjoyed by both clans.  There was plenty of meat to share.  The ayevi were given opportunity to demonstrate their skills with their knives, as they were instructed to whittle large chunks of roast into thin slivers for smoking.  Txianna was sharing her spicy jerk sauce by request of her mother-in-law, LÌnga Rik.  She was becoming well acquainted with the various herbs and spices available.  While others were hunting, the techs who chose not to become hunters, were busy collecting fkxen and ayseylu (fruits/vegetables and grubs) Toby, or Tovi, as he was refered to, found the artichoke looking plants.  He was pleased to bring an armload to share.  His new 'eylan, Kayli, insisted he repeat the prayer over each fkxen that he harvested.  He admired her strong lithe body and found himself quite attracted to her.  This puzzled him, but he was enjoying her company too much to question this MOWAN.
   But now the meal was drawing to a close.  Ayevi were gathering scraps and left overs for the sngelsteng, the rubbish heap.  Eyktan Ikxeru sì aytaronyu were planning iknamaya for the mipa hapxìtu, new members.  Meanwhile, Tovrey'itan was teaching Captain Janet Henderson to knap stone to create a razor sharp edges.  He was one of the best tool makers in the clan.  Sharp flakes where flying off the crystaline-like quartz, surrounding the aytaronyu as they sat cross-legged around Tovrey'itan.  Kofi was sitting next to Taifa', learning to make arrowheads along with his father. Ka'alani had joined some of the women in pounding seeds into paste and flour.  She was singing Taro Pounding songs that she had memorized from her childhood in Hawaii.  Her lilting voice was punctuated by the pounding kato, rhythm. "Tsat kato. "That rhythm," staccato," she mused.
   Ateyo was nearby crafting various gifts. She had quickly made the haft for the yerik fan that Kxeyo had presented to Txianna on their first "date." And now she had returned to the meikrantsyìp uvan 'u, two ikran playthings, that she was creating for Kofi and Pxepxi. She had searched through her scrap leather collection to find pieces of appropriate color and texture to become necks and tails.  She would sew these onto the ritiyä ayta'leng, stingbat skins, along with the wooden heads she had carved.
  "Sa'nu!? Rä'ä mun'i sneyä re'o!!"  Mommy!? Don't cut his head!"
  "NÌlun, Ma 'evi! Nari si. Nìn, fi'u!" of course, my child! Watch.  Look at this thing."  Ateyo carefully fitted a Zhaberwoki scale into the slot she had carved along the ikrantsyìpä re'o. The toy ikran's head. Pxepxi was delighted by the resultant steering fin.  She quickly found another scale for her mother to add to the bottom of the chin.  "ATUMOPIN!" Red colored! she exclaimed exultantly.  During this exchange, Tovi had been quietly assembling segments of soft wood together.  He draped a piece of soft flawkxe, leather, over the undulating structure and demonstrated its mobility.  "NÌn, ma 'Teyo. Fpi sneyä pewn.  For the sake of his own neck!"
   "So ha'!" GREAT!"  the tsulfatu exclaimed.  She and Tovi spent some time deciding the best method for stringing the various pieces together.  Ateyo set aside the sketetal armature she had constructed of vines.  It would have to become a different toy.  By this time a crowd had gathered to observe the creative process unfold.  When Twiti saw the jointed figure coming together, she offered a thin strand of sinew. "Fpi 'ärìp!" For the sake of movement." She demonstrated how it coud be attached to the top of the head. Tovi guessed at the marionette idea and quickly attached the head to the jointed segments.  Others were considering the kinetic engineering aspects of the project.  And offering advice.  Soon he and Twiti were assembling cross pieces from branches and connecting the ikrantsyìp to it with more  thin strands of sinew.  Tovi remembered studying the art of Japanese puppetry while delving into his culture.  He took the crosspiece control of the yet unfinished ikrantsyìp and made its wings flap and its jaw bounce up and down.  (Ateyo had hinged it, which had caused his brainstorm in the first place.)
   The ikrantsyìp was quite large, coming as high as his knees with a wingspan half the size of his outstretched arms.  "Mìn nifta ftär" I turn very hard left, he sang. Rotating the crosspiece dropped the left wing and raised the right. The ikrantsyìp flew next to him.  He had been so engrossed in the project that he was unaware of the crowd until they all exclaimed at the wonder of the inanimate object "zera'u ne tirey" coming to life.  Nor was he prepared for the praise that was showered upon him for his cleverness and ability to make the lifeless toy "come to life."  Even Pxepxi was in awe.  She simply forgot to protest that he was playing with HER toy!  As Tovi began to teach her how to maniplate the puppet, Tai came up behind Ateyo.  They watched together, amused and amazed. Ateyo turned to Tai and said, "You ayhumon always making non living things to move!" She shook her own head in wonderment.   And thinking of the Dreamwalkers without spirits.  She almost said, "And living things NOT to move."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

299)~ On the same morning as the puppet making event, Wade and Alekxsi were sitting with their soaia at the Omatikaya Kelutral. Alekxsi was describing her recent dream vision:
  "I was riding on an ikran, over the sea, and my ikran was showing off, skimming over and through the waves, catching fish with his teeth! and laughing!  And I had meswin! as did he!"
 "Meswin?!" Two neural braids?" interrupted Neytiri with a voice of incredulity. "Mune?!" Two?"
  "Kezemplltxe  "of course, needless to say! " was Mo'at's droll reply.  "Ayoengyä Ayuniltìranyu lu puve ayzekwä, nìlun ayngaru mune tswin!"  Our Dreamwalkers have five fingers, it follows that they have two twsin." Nothing phased her about the differences of the Ayuniltìrantokx.  Not even the notion of two neural queues. "Tut." Mo'at used this word to indicate that Alekxsi should continue.  "We were playing over the water doing loops and spins and barrel rolls. Then my ikran showed me a huge payoang in the sea, and dived for it.  But It seemed that I, myself, caught it with my teeth!  I could smell the salt spray and feel it on my skin, and if it makes any sense, I could feel the payoang going down my gullet!"  Flew, throat!"  She had no word in Na'vi for gullet, but her pantomime spoke volumes.
  Neytiri spoke with a distant voice. "I used to experience the same sensations hu oeyä Seze.  The danger in a bond that close is that you suffer their pains as your own, as well."  Her eyes held misty reflections of the fateful day when her beloved Seze was shot out from under her.  But she shook herself from that reverie.  "But I never experienced this BEFORE I even had an ikran!  Ma tsmuke, have you ever experienced tsaheylu with a beast?"  She caught the amusement in Wade's eyes and noticed he was stifling a grin.  Neytiri amended her statement, " as in a pa'li?"  Jake was grinning as he caught the unspoken innuendo.  She cut him a brief, but whithering look, as she turned to her sister.  "Ma Tsmuke, we should remedy that later today."  Jake leaned over to Alekxsi and said in a mock whisper, "Think  KÌ'ONg. KÄ KÌ'ONg. Slow. Go SLOW."  Everyone laughed at the familiar joke.  Jake helped Mo'at to her feet and Neytiri brought her a walking stick. When she was standing Mo'at solemnly averred, "It is decided.  We must go to the home of my grandfather so that oeyä 'ite can claim an ikran from among the Eastern Sea Ikrans."  Smiles were shared all around.  "Slä set aynga zene makto pa'li." But now you all must ride pa'li."
  "Alakxsi, Alekxsi? srak?"  Laughingly, Wade helped her to her feet.  
  "Zerok Ma Alekxsi, " warned Mo'at, "Fpìl, KÌ'ONg." Remember Alekxsi. Think SLOW.