ATEYO TeSYAKSYUK: TSULFATU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, January 10, 2012, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

81)~ "Look at you! Our first Na'vi pilot!" Ateyo was strutting around for Ka'alani and the others to admire.
"Nìn, Look, Ma Ka'alani! Renten, mirror!"  She had balanced Tai's sunglasses on the wide bridge of her feline-like nose. The renten, or flying goggles that the totonyu, hunters, wear were fashioned of wood and large insect wings.  She herself was too small to ride an ikran. Ironically, she had made many renten as gifts for aytoronyu, riders.
  "Tse, Ateyo!?  Well! Ma Ateyo, srane?" Patricia was putting an effort into learning pieces of Na'vi speech. "Kosman! Wonderful! We might have a future pilot with us."
  "Srane! Ma Trisha! Tai letting me fly lefngapa yayo, metal bird kunsip!" Patricia Fenwick raised a surprised eyebrow in Tai's direction.
  "What are you gonna do, Send me to Pandora?" In an earlier century, she might have said Vietnam, a much tougher assignment. "Yeah, I let her put her hands and feet on the controls while I fly.  She has the touch, as long as she keeps her tail out of the way!"  Ateyo clowned around, pretending to scold her tail again. The men from the Mipa Tsray now walked over from their locker rooms, all clean shaven and in fresh clothes.  Ateyo was relieved to see that Krekori had not shaven off his thick grey beard, but it looked fluffy. And he was seated in a chair that moved on rings.  She was exclaiming about that when Patricia suggested they find a table and lead them from the corridor into the mess hall. There was a large table, front and center in the dining hall.  It had been reserved, apparently, for the guests. A large bowl of fruit had been placed as a centerpiece.
  "Pup utu mauti!" exclaimed Ateyo. Short push fruit!, she picked up the large banana which resembled the "push fruit" that she had presented to Tai  earlier.  "PrrFkxenKrrTrr. Daytime fruit pleasure." Norm was the only one who stated cracking up.  He alone caught the inclusion of the F that changed the word Smoke, Kxen, to Fruit, Fkxen.  And seeing the little smirk on Ateyo's face, made him know that she was thinking of the many connotations associated with Push Fruit. At this moment, Norm caught Ateyo's eye.
"You are SO lucky that Mo'at isn't here with her spoon"  Mary and Tai immediately wanted to know what the big joke was, but Norm deferred.  We will have to discuss it later.  But I HAVE to fill you in! "
Yankee pot roast was served and placed before each person at the table. Ateyo was unaccustomed to tables and chairs and was squatting on her chair until she started imitating the humans. "Yom vey." she exclaimed as she pinched off a piece of pot roast and stuffed it in her mouth. As she licked her fingers she caught Tai's reproachful gaze. Puzzled, she stopped chewing and noticed all eyes upon her.
 "Fi'u lu siltsan!" exclaimed Patricia Fenwick, as she pinched off a piece of meat with her fingers and stuffed it in her mouth. "This is good." she wondered what other accommodations she had over-looked in setting up this meeting. " I could eat a horse! Dig in! You know I'M not going to stop!" After she had eaten a plateful, she apologized. "I am just so ravenous!  I wasn't expecting this.  Nor was I expecting you today.  I thought I would have another day to adjust!"
  "Yes, you are right! We are actually a day early. The ayeyktan and aysahik wanted to set up camp and give themselves a day to relax before the the big LAWK." Major Tai was not apologetic. She was simply conveying information.
  "I saw alot of those dragons landing in that big tree. Ikrans, yes?"
  "AY-ikran, Ma Trisha. Srane! Putting AY in front of word means many. AY eyktan means many leaders. AY sahik means many wise women."
  "I am grateful that they have agreed to come here and LAWK with us.  I am VERY excited. There is SO MUCH to learn!  I liked how you greeted me today Ateyo.  This is YOUR HOME and we wish to be good guests to you.  I remember a phrase, after three days the guests and a dead fish grow smelly!  We don't wish to out-stay our welcome!"  She waited a few moments for Ateyo to translate in her head. She saw the grin spread across her face.
  "I have a concern, Ma Fenwick." Tai leaned forward earnestly.
  "Oh, call me Patty! But do tell!"
  "When I first heard the name of your research group, New Earth, I thought, Oh, great. Colonists who want to take over the planet. Why?  WHY did you all choose the name New Earth?" Asked Tai incredulously.
  "I was concerned about the name of this research group too.  But here is what it means to us: We of New Earth, are committed to doing as much right, as the Old Earth did wrong.  Old Earth thinking was Conquer Everything. Rape Whatever You Can". Corporate Greed ruled everything. Corporate greed caused the destruction of  the Omatikaya HomeTree.  We don't want to repeat the Old Mistakes.  We want to take what we can learn from the Na'vi and regrow Earth anew.  The atmosphere on Earth now, is very similar to Pandoran atmosphere. No one can go outdoors without a respirator. But we see how lush and vibrant this place is. We want to learn how to regrow Mother Earth. But first we must start here. If you let us. All Na'vi. That's why we want to have the meeting tomorrow, the LAWK,  with the ayeyktan and aysahik."
  "Ma Pati." said Ateyo.  "How did the ay-ooman change their hearts? How do you know this to be true?"
  "AY yumans? Humans! Yes!  Some of the humans have always had good hearts.  They saw the destruction and greed of corporations like RDA. When news came to us of RDA's destruction of the HomeTree, that was the last straw.  That is when all the people started destroying RDA head quarters on Earth."  She turned to Tai. "Before the labs were destroyed, there were certain agencies that raided the RDA laboratories on Earth.  I will come back to that."  She looked at Max and the other techs from Mipa Tsray.  "The video footage and gun camera footage that you recovered and sent to Earth caused planet-wide rebellion. Eco-riots occurred in every city where RDA had buildings.  People with good hearts want to see the restoration of Mother Earth."  She acknowledged the techs sitting at the table with her.  "Even some people that worked for RDA have good hearts.  That is why all the humans on Earth, AY-UMAN now have cooperation. We need to learn.balance, and responsibility.  We need to find the Good Hearts."
  "Ma Pati! Oeyä ay'eylan have Blue Hearts!  All my friend having Blue Hearts. Tomorrow we talking LAWK with ayeyktan and aysahik. First step!"
  "Srane, Ma Ateyo, Srane!"  Patricia Fenwick was very enthused, and pressed on.  "The documents that were seized were VERY incriminating.  When they were presented to the United Earth Governance Committee, the RDA personnel who survived the riots were immediately tried and convicted and are now spending the rest of their lives on a penal colony on Io.  But the RESEARCH that was obtained from RDA was acquired by OUR research group, which is now funded by a consortium of governments on Earth. Pandora may be the last hope for Earth. We want to learn from you what you know and how to do it.  We want to restore our Mother Earth,whom we almost killed. Ma Ateyo, do you think your AyEyktan and AySahik would be willing to teach us what the Na'vi know?"
  Ateyo pursed her lips and decided how to phrase her response. "All Na'vi know only of Eywa. This place is Child of Eywa, Eywa 'Eveng. Eywa teach all sharing. NOT KREED! When Eywa sees Blue Hearts, Kxawm, she will wish to teach you so that your Mother 'Rrta may live once again. Slä, we will know what the ayektan and aysahik will say tomorrow."
"Irayo Ma Ateyo. Now I have good news for your muntxate."  She turned to Tai and the other techs.  "We know that you rebel fighters and techs have held out because of your love for Eywa 'Eveng and the Na'vi.  We want to repay you for your sacrifices and willingness to fight the good fight. And we know that here, money is meaningless, but we have thought of a payment that is better than money.  Will you all please follow me."
Max and Patricia flanked the doorway as all the members at the table filed into the corridor. As Tai passed Max, she noticed he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat.  "You KNOW something, don't you?"
"Yes!" He replied with an restrained grin. "And so will you SOON."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

82)~ Before long, the entourage was joined in the corridor by Colonel Schroeder and Captain Henderson, of the rebel forces.
  "All quiet at the base, Major TaiTaeAo. Thirty-five sentries are posted at our base, with two scorpions at the ready. I was sort of expecting the remaining RDA to do something stupid."
  "They ARE greatly outnumbered. But they are not known for wise tactics. Have you got guards posted near the Na'vi?"
  "Not within sight of the Na'vi encampment, Major.  We didn't want to spook them with our presence.We have sentries posted high up.  I really don't want to call in gunships if I don't have to.  These people are already nervous about gunships approaching overhead. Our base is probably more of a target than this big LAWK. But don't worry Major.  If they Try, they DIE!"
  Major Tai and Colonel Schroeder both nodded their approval, grateful for the loyalty of the captain towards the rebel forces and the Na'vi.
 Patricia Henderson stood before the door of the lab.  Max and Norm were nearly vibrating with anticipation.  "Once all the RDA remnant is eliminated, you soldiers are going to be out of a job! Maybe we should discuss that later. But I am glad that you are here now, to join us." Patricia then turned to the small group as a whole and addressed them. "You will recall that you provided DNA samples to the RDA science lab before you left Earth. 'Rrta.  This was, of course, for tissue regeneration in terms of medical procedures.  But there is much more." As she entered the science lab, she turned right and proceeded to the incubation chambers.  "As you can see, we have installed two new chambers, giving us a total of four, in this facility.  We have been aware of your hearts and minds through our communiques with Henderson and Max.  Which is good because we took the liberty of generating some Avatars."
  Indeed, within the four glass tube-like chambers, four magnificent blue bodies were held in suspension.  In reverential awe, the humans approached the chambers, peering into each face for recognition.  "Ma Tai! Ma Tai! Is YOU!" Ateyo's face was pressed against the glass." She grabbed Tai's hand again, almost as reassurance. The uncanny resemblance was a little unsettling.  But Tai's face was transformed as she gazed upon the recumbent future parttime home of her spirit..
From an adjacent chamber Ka'alani's voice was heard as a squeal. "Auwe! Taifa', you fella been looking so BIG." Taifa' was now embarrassed to have his Avatar's nakedness revealed.But was awestruck as the sight of himself in blue skin.
Max called out, "Mendelson! Come here old friend!  You had better get used to the idea of running and jumping!"  Mendelson rolled over and locked his wheels.  With Norm's help he struggled to his feet and leaned up against the tank.  He gazed with wonder at the strong lean, YOUNG blue figure.  Staring at the face, he cried, "I have no beard!" Norm's arm was still around his friend. "They didn't want to mess with the genetics of facial hair, so you will have to settle for PAYESS!"  He was referring to the long curly sideburns that the most reverent of Jews wore.  But Gregory was gazing at his Avatar."I never looked so good."
Captain Henderson and Colonel Schroeder were walking from tank to tank, observing the reactions of the other people in the party.  "Keep walking Captain!" said Patricia .  Check out the girl Avatar in the last tank!"  Henderson's jaw nearly hit the floor. "Oh. My. GOD. It's me."  There were actually tears streaming down her face.  "Yes, you are right Pat.  This is far better than any backpay."
"Wait a minute! Wait a minute!" groused Mendelson from his wheelchair. " What about Norm? You said that his Avatar was alive and well."
"Yeah! Where am I?!" Norm could NOT hide his stricken expression.
"Relax, Dr, Spellman! We needed to decant your Avatar to make room for the others! YOU are in the recovery room."
Norm turned heel and burst into the adjoining control room. Looking down from the window he could see is own Avatar on a gurney, dressed in it's pathetic hospital gown. "Whoa! I never SAW my own Avatar. I was always in a link chamber. This is weird!"  
"Now you know what I'm talking about!" Mary punched Norm on the arm.  "One person, two bodies. How do you think I feel?"  Norm couldn't answer her.  Max turned to an adjoining console and started pushing buttons.  He motioned for two techs and thrust his thumb over his shoulder.  "Get in, Norm. Try your old self on for size!
  Norm was giddy with excitement as he climbed into the link capsule.  "Don't worry, Honey. I'll see you later." He gave Mary's startled face a kiss and pulled the device over himself  as the  magnotrons started whirling. The techs started calling out sequences and information to each other and the nurses started attending Norm's recumbent avatar figure.
"Norm uniltìrantokx kehahaw set." Ateyo observed that Norm's DreamWalker Body was no longer sleeping. "Nìn, Mari! Nìn! Look."  Mary was still staring at the steel chamber, perhaps reluctant to see her lover come to life in a blue body. Ateyo grabbed her by the arm and turned her towards the window. "Look Mari. Norm waking up."
"Oy Vey. This feels like looking through the window of a maternity ward. But hoohaw! them babies  never got up like this!"  Sure enough, Norm had staggered up to his feet and placed his long three fingered hands against the glass.
"This is a dream come true! I'm BACK!  Oh Honey! Ma Mari!  This is marvelous!"  He planted his lips against the glass."Look at me! I'm a God!" He raised his arm to flex a muscle and uncovered his nakedness in the process and turned away quickly, in a comical effort to reestablish decency, displaying his striped behind instead.
  "Oh My GOD!" Cried Max through his tears and laughter.  "We've been blue mooned!"
 When the laughter subsided. Patricia turned to the group. "I want everyone is this room to know that they each have their own Avatar, waiting in stasis as they orbit Pandora.  We can only accommodate four at a time, they way we are set up now.  We will be decanting these four later today," and she waved her slender hand towards the tank room, so you four will have your Avatars ready by tomorrow. Even for the LAWK if you so desire." She looked at the group. "But you and the Na'vi will have to decide who the next four are going to be. No. Make that three. I want to be among the next four!" Then she became sober."Of course, I need to know the procedure for selection that the Na'vi have devised. I am being presumptuous. Rutxe.Txoa. Please. Forgiveness.Ma Ateyo." She looked at Ateyo as the ambassador for the entire race of Na'vi.  Ateyo responded by patting her hand reassuringly.
  "Tam Tam Ma Pati. First we must ask Eywa, as we asked for all here. But Eywa will see your Blue Heart and say "YES!"  Ateyo simply enjoyed the woman's presence.  It seemed to her that this was indeed, a foregone conclusion.
  Then Patricia made a statement that greatly impressed Tai.  "I am no different than the others.  I will wait my turn and until Eywa says YES"
"Mo'at saying next time bringing more Tatutsyip, ayumans, to Tree of Souls to hear Eywa. Plenty more times. Plenty."
"Oy! This is a good thing. I just realized Eywa never said YES to me!  I WANT to go to this Tree of Souls. My good looking self will be waiting"
"Taifa' leaned down and draped his arm around Mendelson's shoulder. "No worries, my friend.  In my Na'vi body, I will carry you there!"
"I don't know how many people Eywa can clear at one time, but we might want to take the larger transport vehicle next time. Will we have clearance for its use?"
  Patricia raised her hands as if to surrender control.  "It's OK by me, if Eywa approves. They were already walking into the compound where Norm was impatiently walking around.
Tai looked up at him and said, "I was thinking that we should all walk over to the Na'vi encampment and Lawk with them about what we have seen today."
  "Oh don't even think of excluding me from this, Major.  I've been waiting eight years for this. I've GOT to show JakeSully and Neytiri."
"Whoa, whoa, don't you think you might scare them all off?!"
  "No, I think this is exactly what they need! What do you think, Mary.  Could you get used to me like THIS some of the time?"  He knelt down on one knee and drew her towards himself. Before she knew it, he was kissing her.  Suddenly, it wasn't a foreign body with Norm's spirit, It was her Norm and his sweet lips. She pressed herself against him and enjoyed the kiss while everyone in the compound gave them an ovation and cheered.  But it was hard to remain kissing through laughter.  Because in the background, she heard Ateyo pipe up:
  "PRRFKxENTRRKRR!!"  Daytime fruit pleasure!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

83)~The bus pulled up to the perimeter gate and a motley crew disembarked. Norm had to sit in the stair well because the seats weren't designed with Avatars in mind.  Patricia had found Avatar clothes to fit him, though. And he was looking comfortable, on the outside, at least. Patricia noted that Ateyo was wearing one of the flightsuits with a hole cut in the bottom, and realized that she might need the tailor to alter some clothing for her new friend. Ateyo and Tai had immediately stipped to waist, "Alu Ma Trudy." said Ateyo, remembering that Trudy Chaon always wore her flight suit unzipped in that fashion. Like Trudy.
  Patricia decided to return to the lab and allow the Na'vi to get re-established with the people with whom they were most comfortable first. "I will meet them here tomorrow, with eight or ten others.  We will come hungry around noontime.  Yom 'Auve, Lawk. Mawkrr. Eat first Discuss later!" The samsiyu can lead us to the LAWK tomorrow.  You enjoy yourselves tonight. Are you sure that you want to sleep here?  You won't have to wear your EXO PAK at the lab."
  "Kehe slä irayo, no but thank you.  I want to sleep with oeyä soiaia fìtxon. I want to sleep with my family tonight!" Ateyo gave Tai a spontaneous hug for that consideration. As Patricia climbed on the bus, she turned and waved. "Trray! Tomorrow!" She also was realizing the strength of the family bonds that were already forming here in this place.
As the bus glided noiselessly away, Norm turned excitedly to his group.
  "I can't WAIT to see JakeSully's reaction when he sees me. I am going to BLOW.HIS. MIND!  Ateyo was about to ask whether that mean blow as in explode or blow as in inflate, but was interrupted by a Na'vi voice shouting!
"Nga lu Ma Norm!" The Na'vi guards rode up on their pa'li, monstrously sized six-legged horse-like creatures. "You are Norm! We thought you were dead! We thought only your tsawtute body lived.  The two hunters climbed down and gave him bear hugs and thumped on his back.  "Wait till JakeSully sees you!"
They introduced themselves as brothers from the plains makto pa'li olo'. Horse Rider clan,called Olo' Txìkxtxìpxen.
One rider spoke to his mount, who dutifully bent his four forelegs to the ground. He was speaking quickly to Norm and Ateyo as he climbed his mount, never severing the bond that they had created as pa'li and rider, through their tswin. Ateyo then addressed Mendelson:
  "Ma Krekori! Him telling you ride on back of pa'li with him. You holding tight." Norm was already helping Mendelson out of his wheelchair. He towered  over the old gentleman and was holding him upright under his armpits. "Are you ready, Ma Krekori? UPZY DAIZY!"
"Oy Vey! I was really flying for a moment there!" He landed with a thump behind the pa'li rider, with an apology, but held on firmly.  As Mary parked his wheelchair by the gate he exclaimed, "Some day I will say good ridence to that!" The rider must have warned his mount to move carefully, because mounting was the worst part of the ride. Within minutes they were all walking on the glowing trail towards the encampment.  Within twenty minutes their arrival was announced and hoards of excited Na'vi met them as an escort!
"TEWTI NANG! IT'S NORM!"  JakeSully suddenly lost any decorum that he thought he might have had.  The two were holding each other at arms length and hugging, and holding out at arms length and crashing into hugs while chattering uncohesively.  Neytiri was incredulous. Everyone wanted to touch him and see his bullet holes. "This is the BEST PART!  He stripped open his Hawaiian shirt, superman style.  "TADA! NO HOLES! NEW SKIN! NIN!NIN LOOK This is what they came help us with.  The can make uniltìrantokx AND they can grow new skin, new hands, arms..."
"New tswin? A mother looked expectantly at Norm.  Sheltered in her arms was a shy and sad Na'vi child who had a badly mangled tswin.
"If they can grow an entire person, then they can grow a tswin!  We will ask Ma "Eylan Patricia, trray!"  He took the child and mother in his ams and hugged them both.  He wanted to hug everybody.  We wanted to shout and cheer!
"Step aside!  Let me see if your insanity has been cured!"  Mo'at always made a grand entrance, but this one was purposely designed to commemorate her first meeting of JakeSully, Norm's old time friend.  She dropped her 'Dragon Lady' countenance though and embraced him warmly.  "I can't begin to tell you how overjoyed I feel inside to meet you once again!" And turning to the others, she said, "We have food prepared, come and eat with us."  She turned and lead the way under the canopy of a huge tree, where they all sat together and ate as family.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

84)~"Ma Normun,"  Mo'at addressed him gravely. "I heard what I said to you when I greeted you. I said QUOTE I am happy to see you again UNQUOTE but I had seen you just this morning. In your tutetsyip body.  I realize that it is the same YOU, but this is the way I remember you best."  She indicated his blue countenance with her chin, so as not to point impolitely. But Norm only laughed.
  "Ma Mo'at! I can't tell you how amazing it feels to be in this skin, once again."  He didn't realize that he was carressing Mary's head and face as she sat huddled within his arms. But she murmured contentedly, "You know, I could get used to THIS somehow!"
  Mo'at spoke to Mary in a confiding tone, "It is understandable that you would enjoy his human BODY in more INTIMATE situations.  But someday, you might BOTH have   Uniltìrantokx, your DreamWalker Body, as well. Mary was pleased that Mo'at chose to speak with her on such private issues. It felt, well, like a motherly thing to do.  Mary felt herself blush and cast her eyes at Ateyo.  With a grin, she said, "I was afraid about such things, but Ateyo has assured me that `love will find a way!"  Mo'at took this opportunity to address Ateyo;
  "And you, Ma Ateyo. Have you been behaving yourself or making a fool of yourself?"
  JakeSully laughed suddenly. "Ma Mo'at, that is her Job Description!  She is supposed to play the fool! That's why we love her so much."
  "Tsa, other than finding TWO occasions to use the term PRRFKxNTRRKRR she has been fine."  Tai willingly tattled on Ateyo, just because it was so much fun. Mo'at surprised them and turned toward the Tsahik Meykir of Olo'Zongtseng Alor  shaking her wooden spoon at Ateyo.
  "Set fi'u ngaru vayewng, Ma Tsmuke Tsahik!  THIS is YOUR responsibility Sister Wise Woman!  And don't tell me again that she is child size but NOT A CHILD. When she acts like a foolish child, she should be treated like a foolish child. Like this:" she demonstrated by giving Ateyo one last BOP on the head with the spoon before handing the spoon,with great ceremony to her Sister Wise Woman.
 Ateyo was making a big deal about rubbing the imaginary knot on her head.  "No fair, not childs there when I saying that word!"  Of course, everyone else was watching intensely and giggling when Ateyo was reprimanded by the great Mo'at!
  "Listen to that, Ateyo.  You gots to teach us the proper way to behave!" spouted Mendelson. He was enjoying the antics of his little friend.
  "Mendllzong getting Uniltìrantokx. I am look him body! Is ready TRRAY."(tomorrow) Ateyo couldn't repress herself from sharing that information.
  "MM! But Mendelson wasn't at Tree of Souls with us." Tai interrupted her eating long enough to make this observation. And then continued popping crispy teylu into her mouth.  
  "Ma Mendllzong!'' Mo'at turned her great yellow eyes upon the older gentleman. "We have not spoken together very often, but I know you from the Mipa Tsray, the New Village. Tell me why you think Eywa should give you DreamWalker Body."
  Dr. Gregory Mendelson looked into those deep eyes, into the Well of Her Soul. And easily found the words to speak. "Ma Mo'at, I was raised on Earth, on 'Rrta, to praise the God of Creation, whom we all know as Yaweh, when we are bold enough to even think about addressing him.  Every morning I sit quietly and listen for His voice.  At first I was distressed to think that if I gave praise to Eywa, I would be insulting the God of All Creation, Oeyä Sempul, my Father." This was the first time any one had ever heard Gregory speak about his devotion. It surprised them, and many looked as if they were going to interrupt, so he raised his hand to stop them.  "No, no! Don't stop me. This is necessary.  Every morning I get up and ask him, "Ma Sempul?  Did you not create the entire universe? Did you not create these very stars and this place we are standing on? Would I then be insulting you if I praised Eywa?"
  "And what did he tell you, Ma Mendllzong?" urged Mo'at.
  "It was simple.  Even the name is similar, Ya-Weh; Ey-Wah. I have come to a deep peace here in my soul. Eywa IS Yaweh.  Eywa is the expression of the Motherness of God. I know this with all my heart and soul! On Earth, this would be blasphemy.  I would be stoned to death to even THINK of such a thing let alone SAY it.  But six years, space travel and eight years living here, has given me LOTS of time to think. I speak with the Creator everyday. Yaweh/Eywa! I am certain that this is truth,  I know it in my bones and my spirit.  A blue body would only make this more evident!  I can hardly wait to plug in my tswin and commune directly with the Creator!"
  No one had been expecting a discussion of religion and spirituality.  They all stared goggle-eyed at Mendelson. Not daring to speak. The tension was thick. So Mendelson leaned forward confidentially to the group and said, "And then there is this thing about my legs!"
  Grateful laughter burst forth, especially from JakeSully, who of course, got legs first, and then thought about Eywa. "You have impressed me greatly, Ma Mendllzong.  But it is not for me to decide.  It is for Eywa, who you understand also as Yawyeh. You have expressed a desire to become closer to the Creator.  I find that comforting.  We must find a way to get you to the Tree of Souls." said Mo'at.
 "Mendllzong riding Pa'li with me!"  Shouted Ateyo with delight.
 "Kehe.  Someone taller and stronger. But we will come to that."  Mo'at turned to Tai.  "Ma Eyktan Tai! Tell me, how many tutetsyip have expressed interest in having Uniltìrantokx?"
  "All of us!  Just in conversation, we have each expressed a desire to have Avatar bodies, some for stronger reasons than others, but all with Blue Hearts.  But all of us know that Eywa only can say Yes, No, or You Must Wait and Learn Some More."
  "How many? Interrupted Jake.  How many more can we expect?"  
  "There are forty people from my base and twenty people at Hell's. Scratch that. at Blue Heart Gate. Me and Taifa,' Mendelzong and Captain Henderson all have Avatars that are being decanted right now.  There are fifty-six bodies in orbit.  One for each of us techs and defenders."
 "And these bodies do not have souls?"  Mo'at was suddenly alarmed at the possibility of such a garrish idea.
  "Ma Mo'at," spoke Norm.  "Did you not tell me that you knew that my uniltìrantokx was anxiously awaiting the reuniting of my spirit?"
  "It is true, My Normun, that I experienced your spirit and your desire.  But I cannot truly say where your spirit was at the time, whether in your tutetsyiptokx or your uniltìrantokx."
  "Slä, Ma Mo'at, it would seem that my spirit longed to be in both places." reasoned Norm.
  Ateyo offered her insight.  "Norm Aean Tokx, blue body, waiting eight years for Norm tirea, spirit.  Ma Mendllzong si Ma Pati only waiting few days, to hear Eywa. Is good, srak?"
  "And where will these~bodies~ be kept while waiting for their ~spirits?" asked Mo'at cautiously.
  "Mine was kept in the lab, on a gurney in the recovery room." offered Norm.
  Ateyo was ever helpful.  "Ma Norm sleeping deep. Not snoring. On bed, Not sleep-leaf."
  Mo'at shook her head in disbelief.  "It all seems so unnatural.  And yet I see (Kameie) see deep into Norm tirea, spirit.  This is very good.  Very good only, that Ma Norm is with us in Blue Body. Eywa be blessed, She sees deeper and farther than I."  
  "I don't know about you folks," spoke JakeSully in his casual American English, "But I am looking forward to the excitement of having old friends back with us."
"YES!  Max will be with us soon!" Norm didn't try to repress his joy.
"And new friend like Ma Pati and Ma Ka'alani ! And I being puptokxtsyip!"
"Yeah! Ateyo is always going to be the short body!" laughed Jake, and everyone's laughter was a blessing.
  Mo'at waited for the laughter to subside.  "And you, Ma Eyktan, Tai.  How do you understand spirit and Eywa? I sensed your spirit very strong at the Tree of Souls."
 Tai actually put down her bowl of teylu and cleared her throat.  "I See it, Kame, in this way: our body is like this, our clothing." She plucked at her sleeve. " I put this on over my body, but my clothing is not me.  I put my body on over my spirit, my tirea.  But my body is not me.  My spirit is me.  We all know that the spirit belongs to Eywa, that we only borrow it. Sometimes I will wear a blue body, or a brown body, but my spirit remains the same.  One spirit, moving from body to body."
 Mo'at was thoughtful. "I had once thought that all uniltìrantokx were vrrtep, somehow without spirit.  I had also thought that sawtute had no spirit.  Perhaps some do not.  But I know that some tutetsyip have spirit within, Blue Heart.  JakeSully has shown us this.  He was Torok Makto.  Ma Mendllzong has shown us a deep awareness of tutetsyip spirit this very night.  Toktor Grace had Blue Heart and Blue Body.  We hear her voice through  Utral Aymokri, Tree of Voices.  Eywa chose her to be among us.  We were saddened to see both her bodies leave us.  But we are comforted to know that she is among us still. Trray, tomorrow, we will hear more of how this will all come about. In which skin will you be addressing us, Ma Tai?"
 "With your permission, if you think it is wise, I will go now and change myself into something presentable." She smiled at her own joke. Mo'at smiled at JakeSully who ordered some aytaronyu with pa'li to provide transportation.  "Neytiri? Are you as curious to see this as I am?"                
  "Srane, this is interesting!" She asked Ka'alani to ride with her. Soon Taifa'ana'e was seated behind Jake (Who was a much better Pa'li rider than before!) Someone loaned a pa'li to Ateyo who was joined by Tai. At first, Mendelson and Henderson, decided against leaving, to remain at the campsight.  But Mendelson was swept up in the enthusiasm, and literally, off his feet, by Jake, who had simply forgotten that Mendelson had chosen to wait on his Avatar. The old science tech decided to keep his mouth shut and travel along just to SEE his handsome Avatar once again.
 "We will probably be back at nightfall" said Tai, as they all rode away."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

85)"Oy, vas dis a bumpy ride!"  Some phrases just called for a thicker, heavier Yiddish accent "Hooha!" Exclaimed Mendelson, as the hunter helped him slither down the broad shoulders of the Pa'li.  Pxetaronyu, the three hunters decided to stay outside with their pxepa'li, three pa'li. Security allowed the others access to the exercise area that the Avatars use. They were admitted through the backdoor. Tai thanked the security officer for that consideration, as Patricia Fenwick welcomed them through the door.  As they entered the recovery room, all eyes turned toward the reclining figures.  It was astonishing to be this close to their own blue selves.Gratefully, the  humans removed their face masks. Tai grinned at Taifa'. "This might be the last time we will have to wear these outside, Cuz. At least while we are napping in the link units!"
  "Doppleganger!" spoke Mendelson in a hoarse whisper.  "I am seeing myself!"
  "Well I don't want to stand here watching myself, I want to be All That I Can Be!"  Tai was remembering an old time recruiting slogan she had learned about.  Taifa'ana'e laughed for joy, the excitement was seething over.  He was helping Mendelson to walk. But Mendelson first leaned toward his blue self and said, "See you later, ya handsome mensch!"  They followed Patricia up the ramp into the control room of the lab.
  "Let's get Mendelson situated first.  He will be in this link unit."
  "Are you ready, Ma Krekori?" JakeSully swept the man off his feet and deposited him gently into the capsule.  The techs removed his coat and shoes, and Patricia instructed him to lay back and try NOT to think. "Right!  Like that's going to be easy! "  As she closed his capsule around him the magnetrons started  revolving.  But Taifa' and Tai were already perched in their capsules. Tai called over her shoulder, "Max?!?"
  "Yes, what do you need?"
  "Max I promise not to tear up the facilty with my tail, like Jake did!"  Everyone had heard that TAIL many times from Norm.  It was his favorite story.  Each of them kissed their mates, "I'll see you soon, all in blue, MaYawnete!" Before Ateyo could respond, Tai was being enclosed in her capsule. Ateyo and Ka'alani exchanged worried glances and gravitated towards each other.  Neytiri and Jake came and stood behind them, all four in an embrace that faced the window.  
 The voices of the techs calling out their sequencing procedures was somewhat reassuring.  They spoke with confidence and precision.  All eyes were glued to the window.  Ka'alani and Ateyo both gasped in unison as two pairs of golden eyes popped open almost simultaneously.  "Ma Tai!" "Taifa'!" they squealed.  
  "There's Gregory, called out Patricia.  "It was harder for him to quiet his mind!" Everyone in the control room was focused on the marvelous awakening that was happening in the next room.  Ateyo was nearly dancing in place.  JakeSully was pressing down on her shoulders.  "Mawey, Ma oeyä Ateyotsyip!  You are going to levitate if I don't hold you down."  The nurses and attendants were checking the vitals and reflexes of those new Avatars, and the technicians in the control room were happily reporting their numbers, with growing confidence.  Especially when Mendelson sat up and wiggled his toes. The look of elation out-shone even those of Tai and Taifa', and they were beaming.  
  JakeSully gasped and said, "GOD, how I remember that!"  The three Avatars were obediently allowing the check-up procedures, though they were each expectantly glancing at the window.  Taifa' turned to the window and gave Ka'alani a big thumbs up, as did Tai! The four at the window all returned the thumbs up and shouted almost in unison, "HELL YA"  Soon, all the needles and sensors were removed and Patricia chirped, "Let's go meet them outside!"
  It was difficult to shove four anxious bodies through the door, but they reassembled themselves into a semi patient line and trotted out to the yard. All three Avatars came bursting out of the recovery room, and ran to meet their family and friends.  "Look at dis I'm doing jumping jacks!  And push-ups!  I'm stronk again!"  No one seemed to mind the indecent exposure as the hospital gown flopped around.  Tai and Taifa' were busily engaged in embracing and kissing their mates, Neytiri and Jake were embracing Mendellson.  Then Ateyo hugged Mendelson. Then Tai dropped to one knee, and called Ateyo to her.
  "Come here my blue skinned treasure. We can still see eye to eye!" They were engaged in a long kiss, when Taifa' tapped on Tai's shoulder.  OK BREAK IT UP YOU TWO!  GET A ROOM!"
  "Seykxel si nìtram!" cried Patricia in her best Na'vi. "You are the first graduating class.  Once you get acclimated, I suppose you all want to return to the Na'vi encampment?"
  "Kehe! No. Ma Patricia!" Mendelson looked down at the young woman. "My agreement was that I would not appear in my Blue Body until Eywa approves of my Blue Heart. Why should I get special treatment just because I'm a nice Jewish Boy? No, no, no,no,no. A promise is a promise.  I'll return in my human body along as you promise to tuck in my blue body, safe to sleep.  I got my test drive. I'm satisfied."
  Neytiri spoke, "Ma Krekori!  In the excitement of the moment, I had forgotten that you had decided to wait.  This makes me very sad"
  "I think we all forgot. Ma Tsmukan. I apologize." Jake felt rather stricken by his lapse in judgment.
  "Are yo u kidding? Wild horses couldn't have kept me from being here!  This is exciting!  I'm glad I did it!  Don't you be worried about a thing!"
 Everyone in the group was deeply impressed, and all followed him into the recovery room.  As he lay back on his table, with a smile on his face he said, "I'll meet you all outside with my mask on." Ateyo gave his face a kiss as he drifted off to sleep.
  "Are we going dressed like this?" Said Taifa'ana'e. But he managed to embarrass himself when he said, "My loincloth will DEFINITELY not fit now."  Patricia made certain that they were all  were provided with hiking shorts, suitably stitched with a slot behind for a tail. And they were each provided with especially baggy Hawaiian shirts.
  It was but minutes later that Mendelson hobbled back outside.  Tai picked him up like a sack of potatoes and they all walked out to where the pa'li and aytoronyu remained waiting.
  The Pa'li gracefully bend to the ground and the taronyu helped him up onto the broad back of the creature.  "Ma Tsmukan, brother, why do you not werar the skin of Uniltìrantokx?!"
 "Not until Eywa agrees, Ma Tsmukan.  Soon, but not now.  I'm happy though, I got a good test drive!"  This confused the pxetoronyu and they exchanged puzzled glances, and looked to JakeSully for an explanation.  He only gave a broad grin and said, "Gently Now, makto ko!"And the group paced off towards the Na'vi encampment.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

86) Ateyo beckoned to Tai, after Mendelson was settled behind his maktoyu, his rider.
  "Come, za'u Ma Tai! Set ngayä lu tswin. Now you have a tswin. Nìn fì'u, look at it!"
  Tai grabbed the single braid that emanated from the back of her head.  And examined the pink tendrils that were probing for neural link-ups, once the sheath was bared.  She had seen every Na'vi attach their tendrils to the Mother of the Universe, through the Tree roots and moss.  She had seen, Mothers who were nursing their babies.
  "Climb up on pa'li. And put your tswin with pa'li tswin. All creatures omum, understand through tswin. Is share thinking."
  Tai was astride the enormous beast,  but now, in her ten foot tall Avatar body, it was no effort.  The creature directed its own tswin backwards to its rider.  All the other riders and pa'li had circled over to watch.  
  "OK PLUGGING IN!" Tai was initially self conscious  but the instant that her tendrils entwined with those of the Pa'li, she experienced a wild rush of realization.  "Whoa!"
   All the riders and Na'vi grinned in recognition of that first experience.  Tai could sense the animal sensing her own consciousness. She could feel its heartbeat, its breathing, and knew, KNEW that the creature was experiencing her as well.  Her eyes met those of the other riders.
  "Set, now. me. up!"  Tai bent down to grasp Ateyo by the elbow.  With Tai's added Avatar strength, Ateyo was airborne in a clean arc. Suddenly, she was seated behind Tai, blue arms wrapped around Tai's middle.  Tai was so much taller now.  She leaned over and told Tai, "Now think SLOW FORWARD, FOLLOW." Obediently, the pa'li moved forward at a gentle pace while the other pa'li and riders made a line.  Jake could be heard talking to Neytiri as they formed up. "Why didn't you tell me to think SLOW?"  Neytiri couldn't hide her guilty smile.  She had resented being "saddled" with the responsibility of teaching Jake the Na'vi ways.  Every one had heard of the difficulties Jake had learning to ride pa'li.
  Tai was aware of her hooves, no, her pa'li's hooves on the path, the texture of dirt and moss as she stepped.  She didn't want to speak but was thinking, "This is Awesome"
  Twilight crept into the jungle and slowly all the plants started emitting their bioluminescent glow.  A myriad of soft colors brightened  the trail at each step.  Even the pa'li nodded its approval as Tai realized that her cat like eyes were more receptive to the low intensity light.  Taifa must have been realizing the same because he called out, "Tai this is more better than night vision goggles!"
"Hell Ya" came a chorus from Jake and Neytiri. It was almost as if they too were experiencing everything anew.  As they neared the encampment, their path became lined with plants that the human's called fringed lanterns.  Someone had guided them to their positions, where they seemed to float, gently illuminating the trail in their pink glow.
The sound of laughter and singing was heard, and soon word was out, "They're coming! They're coming!" Sang out all the young hunters who had been stationed as watches. As they were drawn towards the campfires, they could see that a large clearing was established.  Hunters came bounding along side the party as escorts.  The Na'vi fellow who had loaned Ateyo his pa'li noticed immediately that Tai had created the Bond with his own Pa'li. "Nìn, Nìn! Nari Si! Ma Tai lu tsantxan maktoyu!"  LOOK! LOOK! Use your eyes! Tai is an excellent rider!"
  "NO MUD!"  Everyone had fun at Jake's expense.  His mud covered attempts at riding were legendary. All the Na'vi laughed and exclaimed. Riders reclaimed their pa'li and took them away. They were each greeted enthusiastically, especially Tai and Taifa' in their new Uniltìrantokx!  
  "Let me look at these two new blue family members,"  Mo'at stood and gave Tai and Taifa' the once over: Circling them and inspecting them from ear to tail.  With a wry smile, she remembered meeting Jake and inspecting him in this manner.  Suddenly, she withdrew her ceremonial knife and pricked Tai's skin, below her collarbone.  She tasted the blood, it seemed like Na'vi blood. She seemed satisfied to include this as a likely addition to the inaugural ceremony.  So she did the same to Taifa'.  "What are you called and why did you come here?"  This was the very line she asked JakeSully eight years ago. She hadn't really planned how to go about this, but was pleased with herself for incorporating this as a new ritual.
"I am TaiTaeAo from 'Rrta.  I have come here because I love the Na'vi people and Eywa's child. And Ateyo." said Tai, without hesitation. Everyone cheered.  Taifa said likewise, without the Ateyo part, of course, but added. "I have come to know you as a family and I want very much for this to be my home."  Again, cheering.
 She turned to Mendelson who was sitting quietly. "And you, Ma Mendllzong, rushed off with the others, yet you have come back as Tutetsyip, not Uniltìrantokh. Tell us why."
Gregory Mendelson reached up to Tai and Taifa' and they drew him to his feet.  He turned and addressed the Na'vi. "I was sort of drawn by the excitement of the possibility, I even tried on my Avatar self. It's a nice fit!"  Ateyo was translating for him, and allowed for appreciative laughter, at this point.  "But I realized I was jumping the gun, um, rushing too soon, and decided that I must wait for Eywa to approve me. I want to set a good example for the other tutetsyip, to learn patience."  When these words were translated, the Na'vi as a whole gasped with astonishment. Jake and Norm both understood what a sacrifice  he had made.  The fact did not escape Mo'at.
"Ma Krekori!  I have come to know you better today than ever before.  You have impressed me deeply.  When the times come I will be pleased to include you in my family.  It is a good thing to know one who has circled the sun as many times as I."  She turned her eyes toward the Tsahik of the Forst Clan.  It was known that her closest companion was Paul Cameron, who had been an RDA tech whom she had found, wandering and lost after the Time of Great Sorrows.  In that moment she wondered at the possibility if she too would find companionship with a tutetsyip from 'Rrta. All those thoughts passed in an instant and she turned her attention to the many who were gathered at the fires.  These two have Blue Bodies and Blue Hearts. This One," and she indicated Mendelson.  Tse, it is a matter of time before he gets a blue body.  He has shown us all today, that he truly has a blue heart." Again the people cheered and greeted the new family members with 'Oel ngati kameie's. As Mendelson carefully took his seat next to Captain Henderson, She told him, "You have impressed me too.  I couldn't have returned as gracefully as you have!"
  "Oy! It was definitely a sacrifice. I cut such a young and handsome figure in blue! But I'll wait! I'll wait"
  Jake took his place near Tai as food was served.  "Well how does it feel to create the Bond with a Pa'li?"
  "I expected we would talk to each other. but I was NOT expecting to experience the feeling of texture of the dirt under MY hooves. This is SO awesome. I can almost imagine what it would be like to experience flying an ikran!"
Neytiri leaned over and touched her arm, "When you are ready."
  Almost simultaneously, questions and exclamations poured forth.  Taifa' was slightly annoyed that his rider didn't allow him to bond with his pa'li and expressed a desire to do so.
 Neytiri had a mischievous glint in her eye, as she continued to speak with Tai. "Now that you and Ateyo both have tswin, imagine the intimacy that you may now achieve!"
Ateyo felt her blue skin flush red, and Neytiri exchanged a knowing glance with her.  Then Neytiri turned and addressed her mate. "Ma Jake! Oeyä Muntxate! Ask the taronyu if they have found a suitable place for our new couple to express their mowan, their desires, in privacy!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

87) The moss illuminated each step as the four made their way towards the Tree of Aymokri, the Tree of Voices.  There were many of these trees throughout the land, and they were sought out by lovers as a place to seal their fates together. Like the tree within the Well of Souls, luminescent tendrils reached down from the branches above creating a softly illuminated  bower.
  "You will have privacy here, Ma oeyä pxe'ylan, my two friends." Neytiri's voice was a soft hush.
  "Don't over sleep, you two!  We have important goings-on around mid-day.!" Jake Sully was less subdued.  With that they left the happy couple to their own devises and retreated quietly to the encampment.
  Sitting down in the soft moss, Tai held out her hand and said.  "Come here, My Love."   Ateyo was in her arms, feeling overwhelmed for her blessed fortune. And started laughing softly.
  "And what is so funny? said Tai, confused by the amusement.  
  "I thought I would feel tiny, but my love for you feels larger than both of us."  In between kisses Ateyo admitted, "I thought that I would never find someone to love, and who would love me."
  "Everyone loves Ateyo but no ONE loved Ateyo?" Tai had remembered that phrase.  It had struck her poignantly when she had first heard those words.  
  "I was afraid I would find no one, because I am Two Spirit. And I am very short, Deformed, I had imagined. Not designed for intimacy."
   "Well I don't think that you are deformed! And your two-spirit resonates well with me.  I don't think we have two-spirits.  I think that is how others see us.  We each have a well blended spirit, capable of much love. And together we will each have our spirits entwined."
  "Spirits entwined like our tswin."  Ateyo offered her tswin to Tai, and Tai raised her braid to meet hers.  And as the tendrils entwined she thought she understood the old phrase, Heart Strings.   She could sense Ateyo's years of isolation and fear, and recognized it as her own.  She sensed the wonderment and joy of having found the perfect One for herself, and KNEW that Ateyo was sensing the same recognition.  The fears and isolation seemed to be melting like insignificant wraiths of a bad dream.  Only love and joy were present.  Each spirit became totally lost in both spirits, not only in the knowledge of the others' thoughts and emotions, but also the physical sensations of both of them simultaneously.  The two did not become one, each of the two became both.  With this immersion, in the sensations of the total unity of each with the other, physical love making was but a footnote.
  It was sometime later that Ateyo caressed Tai's face and asked, "Where are you going to deep sleep? Here or at Blue Heart Gate place?"
  "I will sleep here all night with you, if you are not frightened, and I will be up with the dawn to awaken you with sweet kisses all over!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

88)  The lid to the link capsule was opened immediately as Alpha brainwaves were achieved.  Tai blinked as she saw Max's smiling face above her.  "OH!  Yours is not the face I expected to see upon awakening."
  "Sorry to interrupt your wedding night and all, but your human body needs sleep too.  And you also need to eat.  You are eating for two, you know!"
  "Hardy Har.  You got anything edible?"
  "How about a microwave burrito?  Those were Jake's favorites!"
    "Ah, Yup!  I'll just pretend they are made of smoked hammerhead beast.  Do you have any microwaved shrimp? I can pretend they are crispy teylu."  Tai wolfed down the boring packaged food as Max plied her with questions.  In the midst of the questioning, Tai heard over her shoulder, "Are you bothering my cousin?"  Taifa' joined them at the table and began the debriefing.  Max was bemoaning the fact that they were no longer required to make personal video logs.  He had to settle for remote recorders videotaping the brief skull session.
 "Don't worry, you fella can make all the video logs you want, when YOU come back."  Taifa' and Tai were each relieved that personal logs were not a requirement.  They had each watched Jake's logs, and had been grateful.  But Max would have to settle for videotaped interrogations.
  As Tai cleaned her plate she said, "I think that the day after tomorrow, we will convene at the Tree of Souls.  Mo'at says that she doesn't want too many lifeless bodies piled around.  She wants each Avatar to meet it's respective soul as soon as possible.  We will work out the details tomorrow.  But each person must meet the scrutiny of Eywa before linking up with their Avatar.  That's why Mendelson left his here.  He wanted to set a good example and wait until everything is copacetic."
  "That's the way it should be!  We don't want to become insensitive to the balance.  You should hit the hay, though. Tomorrow comes early and it's going to be a BIG day". coaxed Max.
 "I could sleep in here.  It's very comfortable, you know."  Tai was only half joking.  She didn't want to be away from the link any longer than necessary.
"Nope!  you each will hit the showers and sleep IN YOUR BUNKS! I'll have you up in time for the Lawk.  Patricia and I will have to get up early anyway to join you there."
  "Max, you have to promise me that you will get me back in link a half hour before sunrise." Tai was remembering her promise to Ateyo.  "I certainly do not want to distress my New Bride by being ABSENT in the morning."
  "Hey Cuz, that's only gonna give you like six hours." Taifa' was a little concerned.
  "Well that's two more than I usually operate on. I'll be fine." Tai just wanted to get back to the link, but bothersome things like sleeping and eating had to be dealt with first. As Tai trotted off towards the locker room, Max called out behind her.
  "OK Major, but I want lights out within twenty."
  Tai returned to the doorway and grinned. "Yes Mother!" before she trotted off.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

89) It was difficult falling asleep. Tai was thinking of that sweet little blue body sleeping next to her on the soft moss surrounded by the luminescent glow of the tendrils suspended above her. She dream that she was sleeping next to that sweet little body and would be awake again. She dreamt that she was trying to reached her link so that she could be reconnected but there were obstacles preventing her from reaching it. And she would be awake again.  She dreamt that she was trapped in a spell like the 'Rrta tale of LadyHawke, where the lovers were cast in a spell where the man was a wolf by night but his lady was a hawk by day, and that she and Ateyo only had a few moments to share before sunlight touched them, reawakening the curse.  She dreamt she was a vampire returning to its coffin of home soil each day waiting to be reawakened, she dreamt that Max had opened the link capsule and had a wooden stake poised over her heart.
  She sat bolt upright in her cot, grasping for the phantom and embarrassed to have seen Max as an enemy in her nightmare.  Her only certainty was that she was anxious to be reunited with her sweet Ateyo.  Realizing that she had to sleep before she could climb back into the link capsule  she tried to erase that nightmare and replace it with loving thoughts of Ateyo.  Her mind kept anticipating the events of the following day, what would be said, what she would say.
Eventually she drifted off to sleep. Only to hear Max saying, "Rise and shine Buttercup!"  The lights came blazing into her eyes. As she muttered her thanks, he told her to be washed up and ready in ten.  She was ready in five.  Wearing her skivvies and a dressing gown, she padded into the link room.
 "Traveling light today, aren't we?"  
 "Everything I need is on the other side of that link!"
He grinned at her and pushed a protein shake into her hand.  "I know that I can't talk you into staying for a sit-down meal, so I made this for you."  Tai gulped it down in two long swallows.
 "Dang,  I had just brushed my teeth! I wonder if I will have morning breath, now?"
 "Don't worry about it Cupcake!" He was accosting her with sweet appellations because he figured she was too distracted to take offense.
  "That's MAJOR Cupcake to you, Sweet Cheeks."
  As Tai climbed in and pulled the sensors and lid down, she told Max, "Remember! NOONISH! You and Patricia and the others.  We will have riders ready for you near the gate."
  "We wouldn't miss it for all the Universe! We will probably be there early, I'll look for you and Taifa'; IF you are not TOO preoccupied with your bride!"  Tai smirked as she lay back, trying to relax and allow her mind to go blank. As she closed her eyes, she experienced a moment of vertigo, and then the rushing sensation of being shot through a tunnel of light.
  The air was surprisingly warm and dry.  She could feel the moss caressing the small of her back, and was aware of Ateyo's warm body curled next to her own.  She leaned toward her and caressed the sleepy little face.  She buried her own face in the nape of Ateyo's neck and nuzzled her lovingly. She started applying little kisses until the corner of her mouth began to smile.  She got a chance to experience her own tail, caressing and tickling Ateyo's thigh.  She was rewarded by a sleepy laughing kiss which they both enjoyed for a long moment.  The worry about morning breath had evaporated and soon they were engaged in some mutual affections.
  "I could hardly wait to returned to your side!  I could barely sleep." admitted Tai.
  "I  waking up and holding you body.  Strange for you not move.  Almost not breathe.  So I sing lullabies to us. So we both sleep."  Tai had wondered where Ateyo had learned  the word Lullaby but smiled at the thought of her own self being lovingly watched over as Ateyo sang lullabies to her still life form. Major Cupcake.  She smirked at the realization of her "soft" side, but was grateful that Ateyo appreciated it so well.  As the first rays of the morning sun peeked into the bower she could hear a voice calling from about fifty yards away.
 "Are you two decent?"  It was Taifa' calling from a safe distance.  
 "Hey Cuz!  When did you link up?" Tai called out good naturedly.
 "I was closing the lid on my link while you were downing your shake. I couldn't wait to get back!"  Once Ateyo had adjusted her twisted loincloth, she joined Tai, Taifa,'and  Ka'alani and walked back to the main encampment.  They situated themselves between the campfires of the Omatikaya and Zongsteng Lora.  Then Eyktan Ikxeru presented an Utu Mauti, "push fruit" to the newly wedded couple. and suggested that they share it as a commemoration of the occasion.  Laughing, they accepted and enjoyed, simultaneously gnawing at both ends of it, which sent everyone into hysterics.  Other couples came up offering delicious treats and saying "Oel ngati kameie, I SEE (into)YOU, with knowing looks in their eyes.  It made them both self-conscious and well-accepted by the ayeyktan and aysahik of all clans. Even those of the the Dark Lake Clan, whom Tai had assumed would be ungracious and suspicious.  It was thought provoking to be accepted as a lover and not a warrior.  Major Cupcake. She thought. And hugged Ateyo close to her side.
  After breakfasting on tidbits from the previous evening, some of the ayeyktan announced that they were going for yerik for the Lawk meal.  The rest of them decided to wash off in the river.  The water was startlingly cold, as the couples well noted of each other.  There were no children present, for this Lawk was meant for the chieftans and wise women. Tai noticed that the elders were more open and playful together.  She wondered perhaps if that flirtatiousness had been inspired by their "wedding" night.  As they dried off in the sunshine, she overheard Ka'alani and Ateyo comparing notes on how it affected them to awaken near their comatose spouses. She grinned to herself when she remembered her thought about the support group for spouses of Avatar drivers.
  Tai suggested that some Na'vi with pa'li should be sent to the Blue Heart gate around noontime to pick up their visitors.  No sooner had she uttered the words, then the hunters appeared on the other side of the river, each with a yerik draped over the withers of their pa'li.  The hunters deposited their kills respectfully, and downstream of the swimmers.  They had been field dressed, and the entrails left in the jungle as gifts for the aynantang, the direwolves, far from the encampment.  The carcasses were washed carefully, the hunters and pa'li washed themselves as well.  Soon the swimmers had tied their knives and accessories, back onto their waists and had joined the hunters. Exclamations of praise for the hunters ensued.  Songs of thanksgiving were sung to each yerik as they were carried to the cooking sites on spits.  Ateyo and Tai pitched in to skin the yerik that Meykir and Ikxeru had brought down with their arrows.  The spits were each mounted over the respective fires. After an inquiry, and a glance at the sun rising in the east, Ateyo decided they had enough time for some grub hunting.  
 She had her small baskets, of course, but Meykir also handed her a larger ones with a request for mushrooms.  As well as being Tsahik of the Olo'Zongsten Alor, Meykir was killed as a cook, 'emyu and had brought several gourds with her favorite seed butters and spices. But Meykir was also reciting a shopping list for Ateyo who immediately turned it into a song. Without losing her words, she tapped Tai, Taifa' and Ka'alani to follow her.
Soon they were all singing the shopping list as the searched the woods for delicious morsels. Ateyo came across a stand of mushrooms that stood twelve feet tall.
SPXAM SPXAM   SPXAM SPXAM   SPAXM SPXAM SPXAM
 Tai was laughing, not only at her antics, but because it reminded her of an ancient Monty Python comedy routine from 'Rrta. Ateyo pretended to be overwhelmed by the giant mushroom, but was pleasantly pleased to find clusters of smaller ones at the base.  SPXAM 'EVENG she announced, and sang a song of praise to the mushroom children for their delicious personal sacrifice for the sustainance and pleasure of the people. She instructed her friends to leave some to grow into maturity.  Before the excursion was finished she had also located a large patch of Popping Seed plants.  At the slightest provocation the large bulbous sacs erupted into a cloud of feather-lite seeds.  "Jiffy Pop!" exclaimed Ka'alani as she inverted her large basket and captured the seeds as they sprang into the air.  
  Ateyo had spotted some likely deadfall on the way to the swimming hole.  Taifa' pounced upon them and carefully split them open, revealing the squirmy grubs inside. TEYLU TEYLU TEYLU he sang,  They found several huge bristly plants that resembled sunflowers.  Using long sticks, she bent the heads downwards to the awaiting baskets.  She sang a song about beating the flower head which was also a praise for the sacrifice of the plant.  She caught her breath though, when she found a huge patch or artichoke like plants.  Tai's long arms were useful in reaching past the long spiky leaves to retrieve those prizes.  Arms laden, they marched home through the jungle, Ateyo's voice piping the words to the finished shopping list.  But everyone burst out laughing as the little fans lizards spiraled down from the trees to snatch Jiffy Pop from Ka'alani's bowl. Taifa, giggled as he tossed seeds to the lizards, who caught them mid flight.
They laid their treasures at Meykir's feet.  She had laid a large mat as her kitchen prep area.
  "You enjoying you lessons?" Ateyo didn't have to translate for Meykir.  She had learned some English from Toktor Grace's school twelve years earlier. "Ateyo always makes songs when she teaches  children to hunt for Fkxen." This puzzled them all because they had assumed that Fkxen meant the "push fruit" of fame. "Fkxen ral syuve ke vey. Not meat."
  "OH FREGGIES!" exclaimed Ka'alani. "Food not meat."  The gatherers then sat with the 'emyu the cook and shared stories about their shopping adventure.  At the next fire Jake was standing up and suggesting that the aymaktoyu, the riders,  should start riding out to the Blue Heart Gate to bring their visitors.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

90) Within the hour, the procession arrived, flush with the excitement of the day.  Patricia was NOT alarmed when MAX saw JakeSully and vaulted off his pa'li. There was nothing formal or decorous about the reunion. For that, she was grateful.  It made her entrance so much easier.Yet even though she had seen the Avatars just yesterday, it was still awe inspiring to actually SEE a human standing next to a Na'vi. It would take a little getting used to! Max was dwarfed by Jake and Norm.  Hands reached up to help her down. As she slid off the broad back of the pa'li, her Hawaiian shirt rolled up to her shoulder blades. She was embarrassed by her grand entrance, but Norm and JakeSully simply grinned as they unfurled her shirt.  They escorted her to where Mo'at was sitting, looking quite regal though she was seated on a log.
  "Oel ngati Kameie!" Patricia almost curtsied as she motioned from her forehead, in a very formal manner.  Mo'at returned the gesture, less formally, "Ngati Kame". Though she was wondering to herself, whether this one understood what it meant to SEE.  Kwawm, perhaps, she thought to herself and patted the log seat next to herself. "Heyn, oeyä ''eylan. Sit, my friend. Oe lu Mo'at, Tsahik of Omatikaya Clan. Fyape fko syaw ngar?" It took Patricia a moment to translate in her head, but she realized that she had been asked to ientify herself.
"Oe lu Patricia Fenwick, of Mipa 'Rrta Research Facility.  Oer syaw Pati."  I am called Patty.  The woman tried not to look nervous.  It was not lost on her that she was seated next to the Great Mo'at of fame. She wanted to make a good impression, in spite of her not so impressive entrance. "Oe lu mauiayu alu fìtsenge."  She hoped that she had said, "I am honored to be here." She must have been close because no one smirked.  "Ayfìpo lu oeyä ayeylan."  These are my friends.  She didn't know how to say associates, so everyone in her cohort were referred to as friends. That worked for her. She had a moment of panic, thinking of the cliche, "How!we come in peace!"  Her eyes danced around the clearing, and momentarily she recognized Jake, Max, Norm, even the group she had met yesterday. And breathed a sigh of relief.
   Jake clapped his hands together and informally strolled forward.  "Well we have the formal stuff taken care of, I suggest we get to know each other over a hot meal. I'm Jake Sully, eyktan of the Omatikaya clan."  He stuck out his hand in the 'Rrta greeting of old. 
   "Oh, yes!  I've read all about you!  You and your people are greatly admired on my planet." she realized though, that he too, was from Earth. She almost apologized but was interrupted by his grin.
  "It used to be my planet, too, but this is now home. How is life on Earth?"  He had meant it to be an offhand comment. Neytiri brought a child size bowl of roasted yerik to their guest and her mother, and sat down next to Jake.  "This is my wife Neytiri, daughter of Mo'at, therefore, Mo'at'ite Neytiri."
"Nprrte!" said Patricia. "I have read about you also! I must admit that I feel humbled to meet meet you three, pxefo. Slä kehe, Ma Jake. But No Jake. Life is not good on earth.  There has been world-wide famine, civil unrest, the ozone layer is depleted.  Wearing a respirator is necessary for survival.  And most inhabitants now live underground because of solar radiation. Our ship left six years ago, and another followed us within the following six months.  As far as we can tell, we were the last of the Interstellar StarShips to leave Earth.  We might be the last ones of our kind".  All of these words came tumbling forth before she had planned to reveal it.
  "Just a moment, I think I need to relay this information." JakeSully stood up and addressed the ayeyktan and aysahik before him. Some talk occurred between several of the Na'vi and Jake  was answering their questions.  Neytiri  then addressed Patricia. "Ma Pati, we are all familiar with the pain of losing ones homeland.  We almost lost ours, too. As you know. What do you propose?"
  " It is simple.  We are begging for your mercy.  We may be refugees.  When we left Earth, 'Rrta, we had imagined that we could establish a small, very small, colony of Avatars on Pandora, Eywa 'Eveng, to study how the Na'vi live in balance with Eywa. We thought that we might seek permission from you, to mine a small amount of the Unobtainium ore, by hand, that the RDA scum left untapped.  So that we could fund this research.  Not only are we capable of growing Avatars, unil tìran tokx, but also skin, eyes, limbs, even tswin, of  those Na'vi who suffered during the War Against the Greedy RDA."
  Tai handed her bowl to Ateyo and stood up.  "Ten days ago, you showed us a transmission from Earth, explaining about the New Earth Research Facility. Explain that. Please."
  "Ma Tai, we received that transmission ten days ago." explained  Patricia. "But eight days ago, we received a transmission of great urgency, which told of the rapid decline of the ozone layer and the destabilization of weather patterns and geologic instabilities as well.  Widespread devastation was occurring due to simultaneous tsunamis.  During the transmission, a severe windstorm was sweeping the entire northern hemisphere.  Transmission was lost. We don't know if an antennae was damaged or a satellite was lost.  If any of this devastation was occurring during the previous transmission, no one was admitting it. We have a recording of the last transmission that we would like some of you to hear."
   The Na'vi were watching the humans' reactions to Patricia and were aware of the grief stricken expressions. And immediately asked for translations.  Jake, Norm, and Ateyo took some time to relay this information as the humans tried to deal with the finality of the situation.
   "It would seem," said Mo'at, "that the sawtute of 'Rrta succeeded in killing their Mother.  And yet you ask for shelter on Eywa 'Eveng.  Many Na'vi do not trust ANY SkyPeople to live in balance with the Mother.  And yet, we have come to realize in the past few days, that not all SkyPeople live by greed and exploitation.  Some have, as we now say, BLUE HEARTS. And some of these Blue Hearts live among us now.  Even as far as to commit to a mated relationship, together!"  Mo'at took the time to assess Ateyo and Tai, and her own daughter and JakeSully, the lovable skxawng! Absently, she wondered whether that union would ever produce a child.  "There are many things for us to discuss. We are uncertain that SkyPeople  can live in balance. We shared among each other, two nights ago, how it might be possible to welcome a SMALL colony of DreamWalkers, to live among us.
   "Eywa has revealed to us, a method by which she can identify to us, those who truly have Blue Hearts.  Only in this manner, would Na'vi even consider welcoming Sky People to live among us, either as tutetsyip, Little People, or as uniltìrantokx, DreamWalkers.  Once Eywa has seen your hearts, then perhaps we can decide who each of you will study with, and whose Clan you would live with for the first year.  Three days ago we experienced such an event at the Tree of Souls.  Now, I would wish our newest family member to tell us of this experience."  Mo'at then turned to Tai, simply because she had sensed the strong connection that Tai experienced with Eywa and the Na'vi. "Ma Tai?!"
  Tai looked at Mo'at and smiled, grateful for the recognition of spirit.  She offered her hand to Ateyo.  As they both stood, she told Ateyo, "You would honor me by translating".
   "Ma Tsahik Mo'at.Thank you for allowing me to speak to the People.  I also want to publicly thank the Olo'Zongtseng Alor for being willing to train me and for accepting me into their clan.   Several days ago, six of us went to the Well of Souls with all the Na'vi who are sitting here now.  While I cannot speak for anyone else's experience in meeting Eywa, it was the most powerful yet refreshing experience that I have ever had in my life.  All six of us who went were accepted by Eywa as being true to what we said, possessing Blue Hearts, and wanting nothing more in our lives than to learn and become part of the people.
   "Earth  has some of the best and some of the worst among humans.  All of us who are here in whatever body we are in, and the few that will arrive later, hated everything that the RDA stood for and have seen first hand, with their own eyes, what greed will do.  Some of us here before you today, fought against the RDA in the great battle that saved the Well of Souls and drove the VRRTEP away for ever.  We are very thankful that Eywa has chosen to bless us by judging us of us truly, and telling Ma Tsahik Mo'at where our hearts truly lie. I do not know for sure, but I do believe, that those of us who got on these ships to come here, were motivated by their desire to live in harmony with nature.  Our deep sorrow over what the RDA greed did to Earth and our Blue Hearts compelled us to risk our lives to fight  to protect the people and the Well of Souls.  I believe that Ma Tsahik Mo'at is wise to require each of us to undergo the scrutiny of Eywa to determine if our Hearts are pure.We SkyPeople who have been living here these eight years, want nothing more than to live as Children of Eywa.  And to be given the opportunity to prove ourselves as worthy neighbors of the Na'vi.  I thank you for allowing me to speak.  Eywa Ngahu."  The two of them sat down, still holding hands.
   "Irayo, Ma Tai." Spoke Mo'at. "Thank you for sharing with us your experience and your insights, and I want to thank oeyä tsmuke si tsmukan, Eyktan Ikxeru si Tsahik Meykir, for accepting this warrior woman into your clan, as well as Ma Taifa'ana'e sì Ka'alani."  This astonished Taifa' and Ka'alani. because they didn't realize that Mo'at knew them by name. But Mo'at continued.
   "We have had our first successful experiment with welcoming yumans among us.  I expect that we will have more of such experiences in the future, to determine who is worthy to live among us.  Now I am curious to hear more from the new tute... yomans from 'Rrta.  Ma Patricia?!"

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

91)~ "Oe lu Patricia Fenwick, of Mipa 'Rrta Research Facility.  Oer syaw Pati." She repeated herself, I am Patricia Fenwick of New Earth Research Facility.  I am called Patty.
She tried to pronounce her name as she heard Ateyo pronounced it, Pa TI , a bit explosively. She wondered if it would be spelled PATxI.but was also aware that she was stalling for time.  Her well rehearsed speech had vanished from her brain. Again, she sensed a panic, but caught a glimpse of Ateyo. Ateyo was seated between Tai's blue feet, and was smiling happily at her. Patricia Fenwick.  It gave her a starting place.
 "When I met Ateyo at the door of the research facility yesterday, she greeted me with the words, 'Welcome to my home!'  I found that deeply important on many levels:
1) a NA'VI was welcoming me.
2) a Na'vi was WELCOMING me
3) a Na'vi was welcoming ME, a human
4) a Na'vi was welcoming me to her HOME.  to her home. to your home.  
As you may know, we have come from 'Rrta. But we all want to consider Pandora, Eywa 'Eveng, our new home, our mipa kelku.  ALL of us here agree that we have killed Our Mother, as a whole.  Some of us, as individuals, have been protesting the greed and exploitation, Kawngsar. (she had purposely memorized the word for exploit) We are NOT nì'RDA, NOT like RDA.  I think that you will find that everyone here has BLUE HEARTS, as Major TaiTaoAo has mentioned.  And I am anxious to learn more about Eywa and how she feels about us coming here.
 "There are kawng sawtute, evil SkyPeople, like RDA. But we hope that through knowing JakeSully, you have come to know that some humans are NOT evil, and are capable of knowing the Mother, and honoring Her.  You know the humans, the aytutetsyip of Mipa Tsray.  And you all remember Trudy Chacon, who as a human, recognized injustice and evil, and died defending the Omaticaya HomeTree and the Well of Souls. You will find that all of us here with me today, are willing to live and DIE, to defend the Na'vi and Eywa 'Eveng.
 She paused, and let Ateyo and Norm catch up with their translations.  Mo'at stood up and with deliberation, addressed the pale-skinned human before her.  "We are pleased to see that you seem to have honorable intentions towards Eywa and the Na'vi.  Your, reception, would have been very different if we had thought otherwise.  We are here today because we are curious to learn how you perceive that you could MAKE this YOUR HOME? We Na'vi are all connected to Eywa. Can sawtute learn to SEE, KAME?"
  Patricia could sense the protectiveness of Mo'at and acknowedged that, right away.  
  "Only those who desire to be ONE with Eywa and the Na'vi have traveled here.  Six light years away. I believe that we are all capable of learning too SEE. Perhaps we already SEE and that is why Greed and Exploitation are incomprehensible to us.  We want to learn more about living in harmony and balance. Not Exploitation and Greed.  We hope that you will come to know us individually. So that you all freely welcome us each, as you seem to have welcomed the tute of Mipa Tsray. ALSO...
  "We do not come empty handed. Begging only.  What we have to share are our medical skills.  The facilities at the lab have been kept up nicely by the skeleton crew." At this point, there was a short exchange between Ateyo and Norm.  There was laughter and confusion. Norm explained to the Na'vi and there was more laughter.  He turned to Patricia and explained that Ateyo had translated the phrase SKELETON CREW quite literally, causing concern that people of bones only, were at the facility, which they were calling Blue Heart Gate.
  JakeSully explained that the Avatars are grown there in that place. And that is where Toktor Grace and Norm and Max all learned about the Na'vi.  At the mention of Toktor Grace, many ears, literally, perked up. Some of the elders in the circle had learned Inglìsì at Toktor Grace's School.  NOW there was a curiosity among the Na'vi to see this place.  Henderson remarked that they would be able to see her Avatar in vitro and Mendelson's Avatar in stasis. Patricia wondered aloud, whether this would be more informative or detrimental.
 So Norm turned to the people, the chieftans and wise women of the Na'vi, and asked them directly, if they wanted to see where the Avatars are grown. There ensued a brief but lively discussion followed by agreement.  They were ALL curious to see where the Unil Tìran Tokx were kept.  It was suggested that the rest of the evening be spent relaxing and get acquainted. And that they would make their excursion in the morning. But it was also suggested by Eyktan Ikxeru, that this part of the Lawk be closed by a Kava ceremony.  This surprised JakeSully, but Neytiri assured him that the wise women had anticipated this outcome and had brought the preparations for the Kava ceremony along with their other gear upon the backs of their ikran. Norm had an image of the ikran loaded up like the family station wagon before a vacation, but decided to keep that image to himself.
  JakeSully and Norm explained the significance of the Kava ceremony to the other humans.  And all treated the ceremony with the dignity that it required, each sip signifying an agreement to proceed with the Lawk the following day.  Patricia was grateful that the Lawk would continue later, because the potent drink was already affecting her clarity and equilibrium. Soon, everyone was feeling relaxed and anxieties drifted away.  Except that Tai was concerned about her human body.  "Who is minding the lab? How will I know when it is time for me to go home?"  She was assured that indeed, someone was home to tuck her in when she fell asleep.  They would know by her brainwaves, which were constantly monitored.
 "You can park it here, KIDDO. Our techs will get your human self up. So you can attend to mundane activities like sleeping and bathing and eating. Ateyo here can keep us all from tripping over you!"  said Patty.
  "That's MAJOR KIDDO to you, Patty", as Tai good naturedly elbowed her in the ribs.
Patty left no room for doubt that she was having fun.  She elbowed the Blue skinned pilot and said, "At least I didn't call you Major CupCake!" "Oh you HEARD about that already! Word sure gets around!"
At that moment, Ikxeru and Taifa approached.  "Mefo lu oeyä mipa soaia."
"These two are my new family," translated Ateyo "And they want to share a dance from their people with us!"
 "Hey Cuz, too bad our Nifo Oti are back on the choppers. We should do our fire dance!" Taifa's enthusiasm had nothing to do with intoxication, not from the Kava, anyway.  He was intoxicated with happiness.
 "Not tonight Brudda!" replied the Major.  "But there will be other opportunities in the future. I know."  Before the evening was out, they had danced three or four times, Ateyo had taught her Ikran Flyer dance, and Mendelson was teaching a song about dreydls. Norm was amazed.
  "Oh I remember these. Vaguely. During Channukkah. We used to spin the top and gamble for candies! Why do you have a dreydl?"
  "Oh this!  I always have my lucky dreydl in my pocket. Just to remember my happy childhood!" So there was a dreydl game happening, and a hula lesson happening, and laughter and singing.  Tai found a deep crevise between two roots and propped her back against them.  Ateyo scrambled onto her lap and they shared a little kiss before she settled down comfortable between her knees.  They sat together and listened to the merriment and watched the group celebrating beneath the pink glow of the bulbous plants that the humans called fringed lanterns.  The jungle sparkled with irridescent splendor as people and Na'vi walked to and fro.  Ateyo had arranged little twinkling plants to mark their sleeping spot.  At some point in the evening, all was quiet and Ateyo had roused from her sleep.  Tai's blue body was eerily silent. And Ateyo realized that she was actually happier when Tai was softly snoring .  She sighed, knowing that before dawn, her wonderful warrior woman would take her in her arms again.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

92)~Tai was accosted by the interior of the link capsule. Which lid was immediately released.  An unfamiliar face grinned down at her.                                                                        
  "Welcome back, Major!" Kristy Castillo greeted the momentarily disoriented Tai.  "I am instructed to insist that you eat, shower, and get six hours of rack time."                                              
  "YES, Yes. and I will only sleep four. Nor will you need to awaken me. I'll probably need to wake YOU up!"
  "I hope that won't be necessary Ma'am. I wouldn't want to miss what you are experiencing if I were in your shoes, um, metaphorically speaking." Kristy heard the slap of Tai's bare feet on the floor and made a mental note of it.  Kristy was walking alongside Tai to her quarters. "Um, Ma'am?! I understand that congratulations are in order? I think your mate is cute! I can understand why you would want to return quickly!"
  "Well, that's not the only reason, Sweet Cheeks! And call me Tai. It looks like the Na'vi are open to the idea of accepting a tour of this facility tomorrow morning.  We were all having a  nice little party when I fell asleep."
  "Major Tai! This is exciting news. I'm so jealous of the others for getting to be there. (The towels are in the cabinet on the left.)  How long will it be before we all get Avatars?"
 "It's too soon to say, but we will learn more tomorrow."
  "When you are done showering, I'll have some chow ready for you and Taifa' and Norm. Those two are probably being escorted to the showers right now.  See you in a few!"  Kristy was pleased to have a nice little chat with the Major.  She wanted to ask all sorts of questions but knew that that would be counterproductive. She also knew that OUT THERE, they were eating all kinds of exotic foods, and an MRE could hardly be enticing.
  The chow room was actually a corner of the multi-function room, but Kristy had taken the time to set the table with a tablecloth and centerpiece. Just to appeal to her overnight guests.  She served the Meals Ready to Eat on plates, instead of their ready-made disposables. She and Tobi Yashihiro were anxious to know more and each expressed their own desires to have Avatars.  They were soon joined by the sleepy looking trio, who each obediently ate their chow without much enthusiasm.  Tai remarked on the extra care that Kristy had taken to set up the table.  Kristy reminded them to bring slippers in the "morning" and hustled them off to bed while she cleared the table.
 Tai had no trouble falling to sleep, knowing that she would soon wake up next to her Sleeping Beauty, Ateyo, with a kiss.  As she drifted off, she seemed to realize that her metaphor was backwards, that SHE was the Far-From Beauty that was cast under a sleeping spell.
 "Sleep tight, Major Cupcake!" came the voices of Taifa' and Norm across the hallway.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

93)~"Major Tai! Are you up?!" Kristy Castillo was pleased to see that TaiTaeAo was indeed on her feet and  face washed.
  "Yup! And I refrained from brushing my teeth until AFTER I have eaten!  What's for breakfast?"
  "I've made a protein breakfast drink for each of you. Join us in the kitchen." Kristy smiled at the tall Samoan woman before marching  into the kitchen with the her.
  "Hey Cuz, maybe when we give that tour we can let the Na'vi know that we need to make more time for our human bodies to rest.  And all this laying around is making me flabby!"
  Tai was going to make a smart retort, but Norm started speaking.  "Well, if my girlfriend, Mary was a Na'vi or also an Avatar, I can see that it would be difficult to ever want to be out of link."  The three Avatars, in their human skins, started discussing the protocols or suggestions for making a good transition. They all agreed that it was important to have rubber slippers on hand, because the floors were so shockingly cold, when exiting the link.
  "Yeah Ateyo was physically uncomfortable walking on this floor and was grateful for the hot shower." Tai was a wee bit defensive, not wishing any discomfort to her Beloved.
  "Well she wasn't the only one, Cuz. We have all been used to living in the Pandoran jungle.  Fa'a Samoa, like Samoa in the old days. Hot and Humid.  We should make the rest of the building warmer and more humid.  At least for our visitors today."
  Tobi voiced his concern: "It's better for the machinery to be kept at a lower temperature. I don't know much about the fusion reactor that powers this place, but if it ever failed, what would happen to those in link? We've gotta keep it cold in here."
  "Hey Cuz! You remember da rubba slippas from when you was da local boy!" Tai was enjoying speaking pidgeon English with her "Cousin".  But a thought popped into her head. "Hey Kristy, can you see about rounding up all the shower clogs and putting them in the hallway for our guests?  And see if it is possible to set the temps in the other parts of the building to like, 80 degrees"
  "80 degrees? Farhenheit? That's awefully hot!" said Kristy with amazement.
  "Maybe, But out in the jungle it is over 100 degrees and very humid.  Give it a try."
  Norm then suggested that most of the meeting be held in the Avatar compound. "And maybe we can incorporate that bunk house as part of the transition where both Na'vi and Avatars can meet.  At least until some clan or another claims them."
 But Norm was interrupted by Tai's impatience; "I'm sure we can discuss all of this later.  I'm gonna go brush my teeth and climb into my link chamber. I've got a hot date!"
  "Hell ya! Let's boogie!"  agreed Norm. They were all content to chug down their breakfast drinks and rushed off to the the locker rooms to "freshen up".  It wasn't long after Kristy and Tobi had washed the glasses that the three returned from the showers, rubba slippa slapping against the floor. Kristy and Tobi  then escorted the three to their respective link chambers.  
  On their way to the link capsules, Kristy was talkative. "Man you guys are all hyped up and raring to go!  I wish that I had a hot romance like you guys!"
  Tai sat down in her link, swung her feet in, reclined in the link capsule, and as she was pulling down the lid from the inside said, "Don't worry!  Before long you might have someone tall, muscular and blue!" She was grinning as she clinked the lid shut.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

94)  Mo'at was smiling at the knot of tails,tswin, arms and legs as the first beams of sunlight peeked into the encampment.  She had been awake for a hour or more.  Out of curiosity, she had checked Tai's breathing, watched her pulse in her throat. She noticed that now it was regaining momentum, whereas earlier, it was sluggish, almost non-existent. So this was it? Na'vi and Uniltìrantokx as mated pairs?  These two were both female but her Neytiri and Jake? Could it be that Neytiri COULD NOT bear children BECAUSE JakeSully was Uniltìrantokx?    And this one; Ateyo.  Her bone structure didn't appear to be one of the People.  She recalled visiting the Zongsteng Alor kelutral and hearing the youngsters teasing Ateyo about being a sawtutetsyip, a little human.  She wondered again how Tsahik Rini had come upon this child abandoned at the Tree of Souls.  Such a thing was unheard of among the Na'vi. How long ago had that been? She herself had been younger than Neytiri when she first learned of Ateyo, the Foundling. That was the title given Ateyo that  Mo'at recalled from the past. Ateyo had been raised by Rini along with her son Ikxeru, who was now the Olo'eyktan of that clan.
  Her reverie was interrupted when Tai regained consciousness.  Had her spirit returned? She had always felt uneasy even when Jake was Uniltìrantokx, sleeping without his spirit.  She unrolled herself from her own sleep-leaf. Most every one else was still ensconsed in slumber.  Though there were numerous forms of young hunters sprawled here and there from excess of Kava.  She smiled to herself, remembering some of her mornings-after.
  She watched through the side of eyes, Ateyo and Tai awakening. She busied herself at the fire ring, building a proper cook fire from the banked coals.  It was easier to have children around to bring firewood and water.  Already she was missing the comforts of her well arranged pots and bowls.  
  "Oel ngati Kameie".  She looked up from her fire to see Tai and Ateyo giving her the greeting.  Which she returned. And invited them to share her fire. "I was trying to remember how old I was when I first met you Ateyo. I was younder than Neytiri. And that must have been forty years ago. You were barely a toddler. You are only a few years younger than Ikxeru, who is like your brother".
  Tai gently nudged Ateyo in the ribs. "Ke tslolam." I didn't get that.
  Ateyo appeared a little bit annoyed but was polite. "Mo'at is asking me about my childhood. I was raised by Ikxeru's mother as his tsmuk.  But I don't remember anything about this."
  "You're an orphan?" Tai was astonished.  "Ateyo's an orphan?"
  Mo'at nodded slowly. "I do not know this word, ORPHAN. But Ateyo was found by Ikxeru's mother at the Well of Souls when she was but a toddler.  It was very strange to us that a child would be abandoned. Troubling also, that no one could SEE her mother at the Well of Souls, though many of us tried to learn of her.
  Mo'at turned to Ateyo, "We have all noticed that you carry a sadness in your soul, Ma Ateyo.  Have you never been able to connect with the spirits of your mother or your father?"
  "Kehe, Ma Mo'at, though I have often tried. I have tried to understand why I was abandoned.  Perhaps I frightened my mother because I resemble a syaksyuk!" Ateyo was trying to avoid a painful topic. "Or perhaps because I am two-spirit, or very short, like a yumon. Perhaps she didn't want to raise a deformed child!"
  Immediately,  Ikxeru and Meykir  positioned themselves upon either side of Ateyo and Tai.  Tai pulled Ateyo closer to her. Ikxeru placed his hand on Ateyo's arm.  "When I was boy I asked my Mother how she had found a grown child for our family.  She always explained that you were a gift from Eywa.  Everyone always accepted this as fact.You are very special to all of us."  Everyone in the growing circle concurred.
 Tai was cradling Ateyo between her knees.  "Then perhaps your mother was blind to the future, not to SEE, to KAME, what a wonderful person her child would grow up to be. Besides, no one knew what a human looked like forty years ago!"
  By this time, Patty Fenwick had shown up, with her face-mask firmly in place. "Kaltxi, ma oeya mipa eylan! Hello my new friends.  Oel Nagati Kameie. Ma Ateyo! You seem to be the topic of conversation.  I just overheard  the last sentence or two.  Tai was saying that no one knew what a human looked ilke forty years ago.  That may or may not be true."
  "What are you saying Ma Pati?"  Nearly everyone who had gathered around Moat's cook fire asked simultaneously. " I had been researching the RDA archives that had been seized back on 'Rrta, before I came out on the Starship.  It seems that first contact occurred about fifty years ago, before RDA had built anything here.  There were survey teams and exploratory mining teams. I had read some of the journal entries from those people.  Apparently, whether by choice or abduction there were, um, sexual interactions between human men and Na'vi women. If there were any offspring, they weren't given much attention by the writers of those journals. A pregnant Na'vi woman might have been too embarrassed to return to her soiaia, her family. If she and her child had been abandoned, they might have sought refuge at the Well of Souls."
  Ateyo squirmed deeper into Tai's arms.  It was somewhat alarming to be the center of attention. Especially because she wasn't clowning around. She wanted to hide, she wanted to run away to the tree tops and live within the Syaksyuk colonies. "Tam tam tam," crooned Tai.   Ateyo broke the silence.
  "So I am NOT Na'vi? Am I Uniltìrantokx?"
Norm burst in at that point. "No No NO!  That would mean there was someone in link operating for you.  Someone would have to be your Dreamer. Or you would be asleep.DEEPLY ASLEEP. All the time. Of course you are Na'vi, you might have a little human DNA thrown in!  That's all!"
  "Kehe! NOT RDA," Ateyo was vehement at the thought that there was anything remotely related to RDA in her body.  Patty decided to explain.  "We don't know anything for certain, Ma Ateyo.  You might have had a human as your father.  But you are definitely Na'vi.  She decided against explaining that the DNA was pre-RDA, but felt that would complicate matters.
  Norm was suddenly struck. "You know, Ma Ateyo.  You are not built like a Na'vi.  Your bone structure is different.  In fact, you remind me of Trudy Chacon!"  Norm was having fond recollections of Trudy, but what he said really brightened up Ateyo's disposition.
 "I like Trudy? My like Trudy?"  Everyone from Mipa Tsray seemed to agree.  And Ateyo was all smiles.
  Mo'at was thoughtful. "Perhaps it is possible for yumons to live among us.  We have already been raising a yumon/Na'vi among us and she is well-loved and accepted". She turned to Patty.  "I am looking forward to seeing this FA CIL I TxY of yours"  She carefully sounded out the word, shooting out the T with emphasis. "We should go after we have all eaten to look upon the place where Uniltìrantokx are born."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

95) "Ma Sa'anok!" Neytiri addressed her Mother, and took a moment to gather her thoughts.  
  "Sran Ma oeyä 'ite" yes my daughter. Mo'at waited patiently.
  "Ma Sa'anok!  Is it necessary?  Are you not distressed simply to know that there are Uniltìrantokx at the Yumon Place waiting without their spirits?  You were very uncomfortable yesterday when Normun and Jake and Ateyo had told you of aytokx waiting for spirit."
  Suddenly Patricia, Norm and Jake, all realized that touring the lab might be detrimental to the situation.  It would be easy to imagine that the Na'vi would be repulsed by the sight of the "Avatar factory" as some on Earth referred to it.  There were many on Earth who protested the "diabolic scheme".  Religious zealots from around the globe insisted that the practice be taken "offworld" which suited Mipa 'Rrta just fine, as Avatars easily developed within six years of space travel.
  "My daughter.  Your words reveal your wisdom.  We knew little of JakeSully's beginnings.  We knew nothing of Ateyo's beginnings.  Yet we Na'vi are blessed to have mefo, these two, among us. And yet it is clear to me, to all of us really, that Eywa has willed this to be so.  Eywa alone can recognize Blue Hearts. Kwawm, perhaps, it is enough that we don't know what goes on within the Yumons Place, the Fa cil itee."
  Mo'at turned to Patricia. "Ma Pati.  For me, it is unnecessary to see the interior of your facilitee.  Others may wish to, but I do not.  I think it is important for us to take more aytutetsyip to see the Great Mother at the Well of Souls.  As soon as possible."
  As Norm translated these words, a tumble of emotions were expressed by the ayeyktan and aysahik. Ateyo and Norm had trouble getting everyone to settle down and take turns speaking.  Eyktan Tsu'akxu of the Olo' Nawma Ora, the Dark Lake Clan, stood up and spoke.
  "I have never felt comfortable with DreamWalkers.  It is unnatural how they come to be.  It is dangerous to have such as these among us.  This is how I feel.  It is an unnatural thing that is done.  They are many.  They could over run us and destroy Eywa 'Eveng as they destroyed 'Rrta."
  Mo'at addressed the Eyktan Tsu'akxu quite sternly.  "It cannot be argued that this is a natural occurrance such as childbirth from the body of a woman, but are you suggesting that Toruk Makto is unworthy to be among us? He is Na'vi now, but when he defended the Well of Souls, he was Uniltìrantokx.  You were with us at the Well of Souls when these here among us were initiated by the will of Eywa. Yet you persist in your doubt.  What can be done to help you understand that these are now our friends?"
 "Ma Mo'at. Am I allowed my discomfort?"
 "Ma Tsu'akxu, you have said that they are dangerous.  Yet none of these yumons are from RDA.  They are NOT kawng, not evil.  They might be skawng, morons, but we love them anyway!"
 JakeSully and Neytiri  burst out laughing as did everyone else who recognized Jake's pet name, which he never outgrew. Even those who were not aware realized that the only difference  between the word for EVIL, kawng, and the word for MORON, skawng, was the letter S.  
  In his own defense, JakeSully commented, "I think I did pretty good for the Na'vi, even as a skawng!"  Who could argue with this fact?  The person whom the RDA had intended to bring the downfall of the Na'vi, was the very person who led the rebellion that broke the RDA's back.
  "Ngari txe'lan mawey li'vu, Ma Tsu'akxu. May your heart be calm, Tsu'akxu."  Mo'at pressed her hand upon his heart, and he immediately relaxed. "This is something that Eywa must decide  to do about our discomfort. We all have some discomfort in this, it is true.  She may decide that your clan NOT participate.  She may decide that YOU are instrumental in helping new DreamWalkers into this world.  The only question is;  will you be obedient to Eywa's will?"
  Tsu'akxu bowed his head in momentary shame. Then he met the golden eyes of Mo'at and said, "Oeru txoa livu." may forgiveness be to me.  "This is something that I must place in the hands of the Mother, because it is beyond my understanding."
   With that Mo'at turned to Patricia and said, "We have decided that we do not wish to tour your facilitee at this time.  We trust these things to you and your people.  We must take Ma Medllzong, and Ma Traci, and the others yet to be," she hesitated, "BORN into their ayUniltirantokx, so that Eywa may help us to understand their Eana ayTxe'lan, their Blue Hearts.  Let us eat and be nourished for the day ahead. Then we will all return to the Well of Souls.  Ma Pati, you must decide who and how many will come with us. You may speak with Norm about this."
  There is no need to describe the elation Norm felt to suggest that Max be given his Avatar.  Norm and Patricia and Mendelson got busy deciding who the others might be. Patricia revealed the number of gestation tanks upon the Starship that was in geosynchronous orbit, and the Starship that was six months behind.  Tai revealed that there were eight link capsules that her flight crew had reappropriated.  (One of which had been greatly damaged by the AMP unit that Quaritch had been manipulating.) An agreement was made to repair the damaged link, and assign a permanent tech or two for that remote unit.  It was suggested that remote link sites be situated near each kelutral who wished to adopt a DreamWalker.
 "This seems like sponsoring exchange students back on "Rrta." Norm was excited.
 "I will have to reassess our resources. I wasn't expecting so quick a resolution." admitted Patricia.  Her enthusiasm was barely restrained. We have to decide how many we can bring to the Well of Souls. Well, Major Tai, can you fit into your chopper in your Avatar body or are we going to need to eliminate your seat?"
 "It would take some reconfiguring. How many Dragons did we leave?"
 "You left us one, Major.  Colonel Schroeder can pilot that one."
 "I can take nine others in my samson," offered Captain Henderson.
 "That leaves me out of a job!" said Tai in mock complaint
 "Don't worry, Major.  I'm providing ikran taxi service for you. Wanna ride?" spoke JakeSully.
 "Hell ya! You don't gotta ask me twice!"
  "I'll bring your Muntxate, Major Tai." Kaman offered. "Remember me? I watched your tskowtsyip at the Well of Souls two or three days ago." Kaman gave the informal gesture for Ngati Kame. "Oeru syaw Kaman!"
 "Irayo! Kaman! Oel swayivon huKaman!" I would wish to ride with Kaman!  Ateyo was nearly dancing for joy. "Nefä, Nefä Kxamla taw aean!" upwards upwards into the Blue Skies; she sang a line from her now popular Ikran Flyer song.
 "Sargent Taifa' have you got the two-way?"
 The well-muscled Avatar now known as Taifa' pulled Ka'alani into his embrace. "No pockets in my loincloth, Cuz!  I've got Ka'alani as my human purse!"
  "I've got the radio right here." Ka'alani handed over the radio unit with her irrepressible smile.
  "Good! I'll call half of my pilots to meet us out by the Well of Souls." Major Tai stepped aside to make her radio call.  
  Patricia was doing likewise. "Max pack up the crew.  Leave only half the people to monitor the links. I will call Schroeder and have him bring those ten in the dragon."

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

96)~ JakeSully smiled to see full mobilization occurring.  The Pa'li riders were taking aytutetsyip to the Blue Heart Gate, where they would catch rides with Colonel Schroeder and Captain Henderson, the encampment was being dismantled, and carried up to the the ikrans.  Campfires were doused, sending ashes flying. The tree was no where near as magnificent as the HomeTrees of either the Omatikaya or the Zongsteng Alor, but Tai was certainly enjoying the ability to ascend from branch to branch with her new found long limbs.  She could see Ateyo assisting Ikxeru with the packing of Meykir's cooking pots and spices.  Soon the skies above the encampment were filled with ikrans, screeching in joy to be finally aloft. MAKTO KO she heard from ayMaktoyu, as the ayIkran took to the skies.
  JakeSully's ikran complained at the double burden, but obediently flapped away, as Kaman and Ateyo playfully dive bombed them.  Jake let Tai sit up front her the heels locked into place.  She was thoroughly enjoying the sensation of the wind rushing through her hair.  It reminded her of the open cockpit replica airplanes she used to fly on Earth, before all Hell broke loose and she was recalled back into service.  She could only imagine the intensity of the Bond with her own ikran sometime in the future.  Though the wind was rushing in her ears, she could hear riders calling to each other. She saw that they were pointing to the flight of three that were joining them from her hidden base.  She had thought that they would have to linger at the rondesvous coordinates, but was pleased to notice that her pilots had mobilized immediately.
 As the ayIkran banked hard to the left she thought she could hear her Sweet Ateyo singing at the top of her lungs, OE MIN NIXTA FTAR . . . I turn very hard left. And Tai caught a glimpse of Ateyo grinning so wide that her cheeks were filling with air.  She wondered what kind of sound effects she was subjecting Poor Kaman. She almost regretted the moment that the ayIkran started circling the Well of Souls.  Too soon the flight was ending, but there was more excitement ahead.  The choppers had allowed the ikrans to outpace them before they brought their birds in, landing in the same place as Tai had landed before.  She wondered how long it would take for the Pa'li to join them. She saw the luminous wings of ikrans furl as the each chose a landing spot on the inside of the Well.  Neytiri and Mo'at flew past them, descending deeper into the Well and closer to the Tree trunk in the Center.  She wondered how she would be able to shift gears from elation to calm.  But that was answered as she dismounted and followed Jake and all the others as they gathered beneath the huge canopy of the entire Tree.  The air was hushed and quiet, heavy with the perfume of blossoms.The mosses and lichens were glowing as each of the ayEyktan and aySahik took their places. The tendrils that draped from the branches filled the area with mysterious light.
  Mo'at was inviting everyone to sit upon and near the "altar" that was formed by the heavy root formations. Tai was pleased to see Taifa's commanding form descend along the path, carrying Mendelson on his back as a father would carry a child. Mo'at was motioning for Mendelson to be seated near her.  The newest "supplicants" were being seated near and on the altar with the newest Avatars and their "sponsoring clans" seated near them.  The pilots from the Hidden Base along with Captain Henderson and Colonel Schroeder where seated near the Zongsteng Alor Clan. The Yumons from Mipa Tsray were seated near Jake and Neytiri.  The techs and Patricia Henderson were seated among the the other clan members whom each had gravitated toward during the previous encampment.
 Tai felt Ateyo's slender hand upon her knee and opened her eyes with a quiet smile for her mate.  Ateyo was displaying her tswin and demonstrated how those tendrils were entwining themselves with the moss and lichens that covered the ground.  Ateyo indicated that Tai should do likewise.  Tai nudged Taifa' and indicated that he should do the same. In the back of her mind, she realized that both she and Taifa' had both intaken their breath in a simultaneous hiss of awe. She could hear Mo'at's voice as she spoke soothingly to the twenty-four yumans who all sought favor from Eywa.  She reminded them that they each had Blue Hearts, but urged them to relax and open their minds and their hearts to the Spirit of Eywa. Tai's mind was aware of the motion and hum of Na'vi around her, she could feel the pulse of blood that they all shared.  It seemed to her that everyone's blood was pulsing in the exact same pattern, the same pattern as that of the Great Mother, Creator of the Universe.  She was aware of the eagerness of those new ones before her, felt Mendelson's busy brain settling down. She could feel the pulse of the ancient ones around her, through her, within her.  It was strange but it was not frightening,  She remembered Ateyo's words to Mendelson, or perhaps felt their meaning: you need to let Eywa hug your heart.  Welcome to our home.  She didn't realize that she was smiling., but felt everyone's radiance around her.  She sought out the energy of the eyktan of the Dark Lake Clan.  She couldn't think of his name, but could picture him clearly. She could feel the pride and dedication of her pilots as they fought for the protection of the Na'vi. Felt their wonderment and awe as they tried to fathom this experience. She could sense the energy around each persons soul. Though her eyes remained closed she could experience golden light emanating from each person, could touch each person's aura, a warm cushion of air, each person like a pomegranate seed, edges pressed against each other separated only by thin membranes. This light within her soul was expressed as the loveliest intense pink color that only pomegranates had.  She wondered vaguely when the last time was that she had ever seen a pomegranate, and knew at that instant that the image was someone else's.  And she knew it as Mendelson. She began to enjoy the dance of energy between Mo'at and Mendelson.  It seemed like an electric bolt that charged between them as she moved around the altar area.  In her mind she heard a familiar voice. "Welcome home, Tai. I knew you would make it here!" Tai could see the pink light reflecting off the Aviator rims, the sunglasses perched on Trudy Chacon's nose.  Tai could hear her own voice saying, "I wish you could have gotten your blue body!" The reply she head in her heart was, "Who said that I haven't?" Immediately Tai was aware of Jake and Norm and Max and even Ateyo, and knew that they also were smiling.  She was aware, once again of the pulsing energy of those around her, of the air around her, of Eywa around her.  Welcome Home.  And her soul was filled with  peace.  
  "Welcome Home" and she realized that Mo'at was actually greeting the newcomers.  She wondered how long Mo'at had been speaking or whether she had just begun.  She almost didn't want to open her eyes, didn't want to lose the delicious feeling of love and acceptance, peace and joy.  She realized that those were traits necessary for an effective warrior to experience.  Recognized the sacred balance, within her soul, within the soul of her pilots and of every Na'vi who defended his and her homeland. Home.
 Her experience was different this time.  She felt a swirl of energies emanating from herself, combining with Ateyo's, with Taifa', with everyone seated, she felt the energies grow and dance in swirling circle and then collapsing into a rain of harmless sparks that skin was absorbing. She could feel the anhi, the irridescent freckles sparkling on her skin.She knew that everyone was sparkling, whether they had blue skin and anhi, or any other mundane flesh tone.  Her eyes became open and she saw the twinkling light emanating or being absorbed by the anhi on everyone's skin.   A fleeting moment of sadness, as she realized that some seated around her could not yet experience the full sensation of sparkling skin. She was aware of Ateyo's energy pressing all around her, recognized the infectious joy.  And listened as Mo'at instructed each person to ground their energies back to Eywa.  She felt layers of reluctance. Some she even recognized as her own!  She became aware of other bodies around her and the gasps of amazement from the mouths of humans who had never before experienced such a collective energy. And a flash of joy from Mendelson that was as bright as a shout.  Suddenly, everyone was giggling and sighing and returning to consciousness, as if from a long slumber.
 Mo'at was speaking, assuring the newly acknowledged ni'Na'vi that they had been welcomed by Eywa as one of the People.  She had remarked  that they each had varying degrees of spiritual awareness, and this was indeed one of the places where they could each become recharged and grow their spiritual energy.
  "When you are ready, you may arise and claim the family or clan to whom you are drawn."
Without even talking, the two other pilots from the Hidden Base rose to their feet and stood facing Eyktan Tsu'akxu and Tsahik Txllkxrey of the Dark Lake Clan. O'lo Yawma 'Oro. They were embraced warmly and the once-cautious Eyktan greeted the two and thanked them for their brave deeds in defending the Mother and the Na'vi.  These things had been revealed and impressed upon his heart.  
  Captain Janet Henderson had gravitated toward the Olo'Zongsteng Alor.  Meanwhile Mo'at claimed Gregory Mendelson and Traci as her own protogees.  Neytiri and Jake and Norm claimed Max, of course, and Jake asked to be honored to teach Colonel Schroeder the fine points being a Tsampsiyu and Taronyu, a warrior and hunter...  Neytiri teased, that she would be responsible for teaching him to ride Pa'li.  Most of the techs from the Mipa 'Rrta Research Facilitee were claimed by the Olo'Txikxtxipxen, the pa'li rider clan.    There were many clans who were left out of the process and expressed their dismay to JakeSully.  "Oh don't sweat it, this is only the first draft.  Only some of the aytutetsyip have come today.  Others are anxiously awaiting at the Hidden Base and Mipa 'Rrta Facilitee.  And the last of them will arrive during the Seasons of Heavy Rains.  And the aytutetsyip may wish to learn from and visit the other clans as well. Nothing is set in stone.  This is a learning experience for everyone.  Maybe we will have an exchange student project where everyone rotates from clan to clan!  It's all informal! But if everyone is ready, lets all meet at the Omatikaya hometree. We will stir up some grub."
 "GRUBS! YES! TEYLU! SRAN!"  shouted Ateyo and Taifa' simultaneously.  Kaman approached Tai. " I was hoping to shoot your tskow once again. Where is it?"
 "Oh, Ma Kaman! It is still in my chopper at Blue Heart Gate. I forgot about it when Jake offered me a ride on an ikran" Tai was climbing easily towards JakeSully's ikran.  She truly did not wish to miss another opportunity to ride that magnificent creature.
  "Kxawm, perhaps there will be another occasion in the future."    It didn't occur to Tai until later, that she didn't need a translator to understand his words or to reply;
  "I look forward to this in the future.  But now I get to try YOUR full sized Na'vi Tskow with my Uniltìrantokx!" She gave a quick kiss to Ateyo before she boosted her into place in front of Kaman. "Hayalovay Ma Ateyo Akalin!" See you later Sweet Ateyo! Joyously, she climbed upon JakeSully's ikran and felt the exhilaration as the ikran dived from the branch.  MAKTO KO! she heard from Jake behind her.  MAKTO KO she heard all the riders respond as the ayIkran screamed for joy.                    

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

97) "Major Tai! Major Tai! Ateyo!"  Two vaguely familiar faces greeted the couple as they descended from the tree tops.   "Max said that we two are going to be assigned to the link chambers at your Hidden Base!  He said that if the Zongsteng Alor Clan had too many yoomans that maybe we could find the eyktan and tsahik of the Yayo Atumpin Clan.
"Excellent, Txantsan! I remember you! You were the tech with the rubber slippers and the home cooked meals. Krissy? "
 "Kristy, but you can call me Tweety! And this is Tobi. Do you remember him, too? He's an expert at electronics and telemetry.  I'll be monitoring vitals and such!  Ateyo! We are going to be neighbors!"
  "Oel meyam ngati!" I hug you! Ateyo declared that the occasion deserved hugs."  In truth, Ateyo had never MET Kristy or Tobi, but they seemed to recognize Tai. And that was good enough.
  "Which clan will you be joining?" Ateyo didn't need to translate her meaning, because all the initiates were experiencing the 'afterglow' of their communal interaction at the Well of Souls.
  "Olo'Yayo Atumpin! Red Bird Clan, right?"exclaimed Tobi. "I didn't know I could speak Na'vi!  I've been trying really hard to learn it. But I guess this will be a full immersion experience."  Ateyo was fascinated by Tobi's hair.  It had the course vitality of Japanese hair.   It was very straight and stood away from his forehead in a springy flattop, that was somewhat overgrown.
  "That's going to make a TweetyBird in a Red Bird Clan." laughed Tobi.
  "Peli'upe TWI-TI BIRD? What word is Tweety Bird?" Is was strange that this word was not translated in her head.  Kristy displayed her Tweety Bird tattoo on her forearm, the cartoon canary was depicted with it's wings folded defiantly across it's chest.
  "Yayotsyip Arimpin. A little yellow bird, explained Tweety.  But the rel, the picture on her arm looked nothing like any bird Ateyo had ever seen.  
  "But what means Twiti?"
   "It's like the sound a baby bird makes." And Tweety started making silly tweeting noises.
   "Oh Fwefwi, whistle?" None of the birds Ateyo had ever seen made any noises that were amusing.  Ateyo had been slowly guiding the two over to the place where she had seen Eyktan Komakxti.  He was hard to miss, wearing his tall crown assembled of red feathers.  Ateyo had always admired the craftsmanship of that headdress. And had always wanted to meet the tsulfatu, the expert craftsman who had created such a magnificent piece.
  "Fimesute new slivu ngeyä olo'ä hapxì!"  These two would like to be in your clan.  "Ma Eyktan Komakxti sì Tsahik Tsenu'ite, ngengaru oeyä meylanit alu Kìristi sì Topxi alu Hawnuyu Ayuniltìrantokxä
" Cheiftan Komakxti and WiseWoman Tsenu'ite, please, these two are my friends Kristi and Tobi; protectors of the DreamWalkers."
 "Tewti! Oe pirawm JakeSullyru pehrr, I was just asking JakeSully when I would be receiving my learners!  I thought I would have to wait much longer than this!  I am pleased to meet you both."
  As the introductions were being made, a group of young hunters approached and politely interrupted.
  "Oel ngati kameie, Ma Eyktan Komakxti! Rutxe tsun mivaku srak?" Please may I interrupt? I promised Major Tai that I would teach her to to use a proper Na'vi Tskow.  May I take her away from you?"
 "Kehe. Kaw'it. Not at all!  Let's all go watch this!"  Together, the group walked to the clearing, where the target logs remained.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

98) "Oh this feels SO unnatural!" Tai was trying to draw an arrow with her palm outward, Na'vi style.  Kaman was gesturing the crowd to step back towards safety. Tai released the arrow awkwardly and it sailed past her target log with ten feet of difference.   The crowd was hooting and hollering."
  "Aw Kaman!  That's not fair!  You know what a good shot she is with her tskow-tsyip!  Fwaki ke Fwefwi! A mantis does not whistle! It is against her nature to hold her hand in such a manner!"  JakeSully realized the ayTaronyu were having fun at the newcomer's expense.
 "YOU learned the Na'vi way, Jake."
  "Only because Neytiri BEAT it into me!  Go ahead, Tai.  Turn your hand as you are used to."
Tai grinned to herself, as she unloosed three arrows in quick succession, all in perfect alignment. Sounds of admiration, emanated from the crowd.  And Kaman slapped Tai upon the back in a congratulatory mode.  "See you can't argue with success!"  Tai was happy that she was able to prove to herself and others that her skills with the bow were translated well from human form to Avatar form, with the compound bow and with a full sized Na'vi long bow.
 "AyTeylu, Ma Tai?!" Ateyo wanted to see the hunters split a log, so that she could snatch up some delectable morsels.  She was rewarded when six hunters including Tai and Taifa' all lined up and unleashed a simultaneous volley that shattered the brittle log into hundreds of irridescent pieces.  Cheering, she grabbed Topxi and Twiti by the wrists and ran towards the target area.  All the hunters were expecting this.  They started putting away their weapons in anticipation of the evening meal.  Already the jungle was gleaming with irridescence as the plants began their nighttime glow.  Children from the Omatikaya Clan came out to meet the procession as they reentered the huge gathering area beneath the awe-inspiring Kelutral, HomeTree, of the Omatikaya. Ka'alani moved close to the newcomers that were walking with Ateyo and Tai.  Tobi started telling Ka'alani of his Uncle Lono's banyan tree on the island of Oahu and how he had cried when the bulldozers knocked it down for a hotel.  "It was maybe the last of the great banyan trees on the island."  Which got those two off on a conversation about Hawaii and segued into electronics.
  It was interesting to note the seating patterns in the Great Meeting Area.  It seemed that taking on new initiates was actually strengthening the interactions of the leaders. At least of the Jungle Tribes.  JakeSully mentioned to Neytiri that none of the Eastern Sea Tribes had received initiates, and the Pa'li Clans of the Plains seemed separated, still.  However, it soon became apparent that splitting up the techs from the Eana Tex'lan Gate, the Blue Heart Gate would solve their problem.
 Tobi was calling to another tech who had once shared his quarters.  "Hey Timothy! Are you in the Horse Clan?  Oeru syaw Topxi, they don't have a B sound.  Kristy syaw  Twiti or Krrsti".
  "Ooh Krrsti has the TIME" mocked Timothy in a suggestive manner.
  "Sla, fyape fko syaw ngar, Timothy?" asked Twiti with feigned innocence.
  "Txìm" muttered Timothy red faced. ALL the young taronyu within earshot started hooting and hollering. "Txìm!  It means BUTT in Na'vi!" he admitted with a shame-faced grin
.  "Oh, THAT's too bad.  Maybe you will outgrow the name in time?!" came the response from one of his coworkers.
  "Oh HIM?? No I doubt it! Txìm seems to fit!" said Twiti with good-natured disdain.  
  "Oisss!" Norm stepped in to tone down the noisy techs, who all dropped their giggling by a few decibels.
  The Omatikaya clan was gracious about serving their guests.  Conversation was NOT interrupted by the need to translate.  Introductions were made, friendships began. The Eastern Sea tribes requested that a remote link be situated by their home encampment, because they were feeling left out of the fun.  It was agreed that two techs could spend time learning the ways of the Eastern Sea even before a link was established.  There were a few techs whose expertise would not be needed until the new links arrived. Those four were dedicated to the Eastern Sea Clan.  The red-painted clan leader suggested that they would have to host a celebration so that the Tai, Taifa' and Ka'alani could share their dance and music.  She was very much interested in learning about the Oceanic cultures from 'Rrta.  To her pleasure, two of the four techs she got were Philipinos that came from fishing families.    
  Neytiri suggested that each set of clan leaders stand and introduce the initiates who were being included in their clans. Timothy was grateful that he was introduced as Tim-oti, but he could hear the stiffled guffaws from his comrades.  He knew he would have trouble ditching his new nickname. After all the introductions were made Puvomun and Amhul stood up and introduced themselves as teacher/singers from the Omatikaya clan.  In honor of the new friendships between peoples he and his wife had devised a beautiful song which wove their voices together, their two students added their voices to the song in a style that was very reminiscent of the songs that Ka'alani, Taifa' and Tai had each heard sung on their islands on 'Rrta. One of Puvomun's students then began a song telling of the legend of Toruk Makto, the warrior who had united the Na'vi in their war against the RDA.  After which Ateyo was invited to share her Ikran Flyer dance, which all the children enjoyed dancing.  And then of course, Tai and Taifa' were invited to do their Samoan War Dance.  Everyone lamented that their Nifo Oti were located in Tai's chopper back at the Blue Heart Gate because everyone wanted a repeat of the Fire Dance.
 As the festivities continued, Norm and the other techs made certain that all the initiates had oxygen emitting twigs for their air masks.  Most opted for sleeping with their new clans, ni'Na'vi out in the open. Norm, Jake, Tai and Patricia, were talking about the Starship Drivers and where they saw themselves in the whole scheme of things.  No one had given them much thought until Tai had mentioned them.  The conversation turned to the realization that all these yumon specialties would soon be obsolete.  Tai was concerned. "All of these techs will need to learn practical skills so that they will make a good contribution to their Olo'. If the Earth was truly gone, there may be no more need for Starships.  And once the fuel was depleted from Blue Heart, the chopppers would no longer be needed. Once the fuel at the facilitee was depleted, the Avatars could no longer depend on link chambers.
  "Kxawm, perhaps Eywa will give you each Na'vi body and spirit before that time,"said Mo'at quietly.  She was getting to the point where she was becoming quite fond of some these yumons. She smiled at Mendelson at her side. But was satisfied to know that the links could probably be supported for an entire lifetime.  "And with your new Uniltìrantokx, Ma Mendllzong, I would hope that we will both be friends for a long, long time!"
 "Would that it be so, Ma Mo'at."  He surprised even himself by kissing her hand.  She colored to a bright purple, but everyone simply smiled.  
  "I just hope that everyone here has the opportunity to spend some of their lives in a glorious DreamWalker body, before Eywa calls us each home."  Mendelson murmured.  He was looking forward to that day, soon, when he would be walking in that handsome blue body that was waiting for him.  Each person nodded thoughtfully.  
  Tai had her mind on other things.  "You know, I will be sad when my chopper has no more fuel. So I hope I have my own Ikran by then!"   Neytiri placed her hand on Tai's arm and said, "When you are READY, Ma Tai!"  Everyone laughed realizing that Neytiri had spoken those same words to Jake, eight years ago.  The phrase was part of Na'vi legend by now!
  But as each person tired, they stifled their yawns and excused themselves, to find a tiny corner in which to sleep.  Tai roused up the sleepy Ateyo and lead her to a likely nook between two roots.  Sadly, she resigned herself to being awakened in a link chamber. Before she and Ateyo were settled, a familiar pair bid them goodnight. Tobi and Kristy said, " We aren't going to be at the link room when you wake up, so give our regards to Melvin and Diana when you come to."
  Tweety placed her hand on Tai and Ateyo's arm.  "Good night, you two.  You make a cute couple."
 In the privacy of their little nook, Tai reminded Ateyo that she was going back to her human body and asked her not to be frightened at her sleeping self.  "I could never be frightened of you Ma Tai, but make sure that when you go to sleep, make certain that you aren't squeezing me in a tight hold. Sometimes I have to get up in the night, you know!"   The two fell asleep amidst giggling.
  Tai became aware of the magnetrons in their slow decaying whine as she regained lucidness.  The lid was opened carefully, and she could hear the other lids being opened as well.
  "Welcome back Major Tai! Long day!"
  "You must be Diana! Tweety and Tobi said to send you their regards!'  She sat up and swung her feet out of the chamber.
  "Tweety made me promise to put these on your feet.  Say, did you know that I had to put away twenty- five sets of Avatar sized rubber slippers today?  She said to expect a delegation of Na'vi, but they never showed!"
  "Yeah, funny thing about that!" Tai let herself be lead to the dining corner that Kristy had set up for them.
  "I'm making some omelettes, have a seat.  Norm and Taifa' will join us soon. Well RIGHT ON CUE!'
  Melvin escorted in Norm and Taifa'.  And they were soon accosted by questions from the two eager techs.  They told of Mo'at's decision to go immediately to the Well of Souls so that Eywa could approve of the the initiates.  Diana and Melvin wondered what they had to DO to prove themselves.  They were assured that love of the Na'vi and their respect for the Balance of Life was all that was needed.  Taifa' told the two that Tweety and Tobi would be at the Red Bird clan so that they could operate the link chambers at the Hidden Base.  Norm told them that four techs were sent to the Eastern Sea and the other four were sent to the Horse Clan.  The only one they knew for certain was named Txìm.  They all had a laugh at that one, both having studied Na'vi.
  "We are going to have to make a chart so that we know who is assigned where.  But mostly I want to know when do we get our chance?" Melvin was compulsive about his charts, which was useful on many levels, if not annoying.
  "Well, I guess we will switch places tomorrow. Only half the crew had a chance to meet Eywa."  Said Norm chewing his omelette thoughtfully. "And we need to find out from Patricia  what kind of schedule she has for decanting the other Avatars."
  "Yeah, every human on Pandora has an Avatar in geosynchronous orbit. Not to mention the second Starship."
  "That's somebody else's problem.  Right now I want to get a work out for this YUMON bodee, how about it Cuz? After our work out, we will hit the showers and hit the hay.  And being that we are two hours earlier than yesterday, we can get SIX hours of rack time.  Don't forget to wake us up!"
  "Wait for me!" Norm followed the others to the weight room and thanked the techs.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

99)~ At the breakfast table, Diana and Melvin were giddy with excitement.
"Will Patricia be back today?"
"When will she signal for the next four to be transferred down?"
"Do you know who the next four will be?"
  "Easy kids. Don't split a gasket!" said Norm. "You need to ask Patricia.  I will have her contact you over the radio comm from the dragon, once we get back!"
  Diana grinned.  "Well don't let us slow you down, don't let your breakfast get cold." She grinned at her own joke, because they were, of course, subjected to a protein shake made of freeze dried ingredients and reconstituted powdered milk.
  "Let's get this show on the ROAD, Cuz!"  Taifa' was on his way to brush his teeth.
Diana was somewhat confused.   "Fresh breath doesn't transfer to your Avatar, right?"  Melvin was aghast,"Don't discourage them from brushing their teeth, Diana!  WE are the ones who will be experiencing their "Morning Breath" when we spring open their lids!"
Norm was perched on the edge of his link chamber. "You two had best be practicing to speak Na'vi. You never who will be tapped next."
Taifa' was closing the lid on himself.  With a very bad Bela Lugosi accent, he said, "You vill excuse me. I must rrreturn to my homeland beforrre daybreak!"
"See you later! Hayavovay! and tallyho!" Tai pulled down her lid and took a trip to Paradise.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

100) "Rewon lefpom ma oeyä yawnete" Ateyo was happy  to feel Tai's lips nuzzling her ear and she rewarded her in turn with a sweet kiss. If anyone else was awake in the Omatikaya Kelutral, it wasn't obvious.  The two snuggled together, just for the sheer joy of experiencing the wonderment of being loved. Eventually, others could be heard rising.  Ateyo and Tai got up and made their way to the campfire, which was only embers, right now.  Quickly, Ateyo stoked it to life and had a proper little blaze going.  She new that Meykir would be around soon, and was careful not to intrude upon her cooking site.
  "Rewon lefpom Ma Tsahik Meykir!" Tai greeted her warmly and added. "Oel ngati kameie." together with the hand gesture, which still looked something like a salute from her military arm.
 "Rewon lefpom, Ma 'ite Tai. Srak, nga hahaw niltsan?"
  "Srane! I slept like a log!' replied Tai.  Ateyo translated for her, because the linguistic afterglow had vanished.  However, it did not escape Tai that Meykir had referred to her as "Ite, daughter.  It warmed her heart, as much as the campfire. Meykir deftly removed a clay pot from the fire.  She was explaining about the tea she was brewing and how it should help everyone wake up.  
  "Ma Meykir? Did you bring these cups with you?" Tai remembered seeing Eyktan Ikxeru lashing down Meykir's cookware on the back of their ikran, for the journey.
  "No, no these are Mo'ats.  I didn't want to disturb THEM. They look quite comfortable!"  She politely indicated with her chin, Mendelson and Mo'at, rolled together in a large sleep leaf not too far from the warmth of the hearth
  "We're awake.  We just haven't decided to get up yet," said Mo'at's sleepy voice.  Mo'at had felt self conscious about being seen with Krekori, first thing in the morning.  But she didn't need to fear condemnation.
  "Ma Tsmuke! I have brought you some tea for you and Your Mendllzong!" Tsahik Meykir said graciously. "Ke zene win zäpìvi! Don't rush, take your time.  You deserve to relax this morning." Meykir's words put Mo'at's heart at ease.  It was truly enjoyable sleeping next to warm body again, even though he was small and his hairy face tickled her as they slept.
 More and more people arrived, making the circle larger.  More pots of tea were brewed, and soon leftover meat was made into rollups and passed around.  Someone found a basket of 'Jiffy Pop' and Ka'alani and Taifa' were telling of grocery expedition and feeding the cute fan lizards on the fly.  Tweety found this delightful and hoped to see some herself.
  "I've seen them from the edge of the Facilitee, But I never wandered off from the perimeter.  I'm still frightened of the jungle.  I hear those thanators screaming and those hyena sounding things, too."
  "AyPalulukan and AyNantang."  Tai was pleased to remember the names of these beasts.
  Ateyo squeezed Tai's hand in acknowledgement.  (Tai had pluralized the words correctly as well.)  "The Na'ring can be dangerous.  It is wise not to stumble around alone in the jungle. Like JakeSully."  Ateyo was playing the clown once again.
  "All Right! All right!  At least I served a good learning purpose for everyone here!' grumbled JakeSully good-naturedly.
 "Oh Yes!  The story is right there on page three of the Handbook!"  Tobi didn't know if that was actually a true statement, but it sounded funny and everyone laughed at Eyktan JakeSully's expense.
  Jake Sully was incredulous, "There's a HANDBOOK?"
  "We are just teasing you, Jake, but it IS a well known story!"  Tweety couldn't help but join in.  Jake had an endearing way of ducking his head in embarrassment.
 "Well.  If you all are quite through, we should discuss what should happen with the rest of our day."  JakeSully had regained his sense of leadership.  "Only half of you guys have been approved by Eywa.  Maybe we can round up the rest of the humans in the next day or two and go to the Tree of Souls once again?  Ma Mo'at, what do you think?"
All eyes turned to the the legendary Tsahik and her small companion.  They had all been watching them indirectly. But now had an opportunity to look directly at the unusual couple. "There are two Uniltìrantokx at the facilitee who need to be united with their spirits.  I would very much like to see that happen today."  Gregory Mendelson was beaming at her side.  Mo'at continued; "And I am certain that Captain would like this too."  She couldn't remember Janet Henderson's name but was aware of her great sacrifice.
  At that point, Tai remembered that she was to deliver a message.  "Ma Pati, the techs Diana and Melvin wanted to know when the next four would be sent down and of course, who the next four will be.  I suggest that we send out a transmission when we get to Blue Heart Gate. We can be on our way to the facilitee in three minutes."