Fanfiction feedback friend?

Started by Amaya, April 03, 2010, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzer

Wow, love that chapter - the balance is perfect! I especially love the little extra couple of paragraphs at the end - just when you think everything interesting has finished, suddenly a little extra titbit comes along that's incredibly interesting and just leaves me wanting to read more ;)
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Amaya

hehe thanks!

and Muzer, glad you liked that bit I threw in at the end.  I'd actually been planning another bit after that, but I decided after it was written that it was by far a better ending for the chapter, so that bit got moved to the next chapter.

Writing, it's all about drawing the reader in, kefyak?

The next chapter actually should be up some time this evening, now that I'm awake from my morning nap and fed.  It's 3/4 written, just the final four scenes to finish up!

Ekirä

Finally got around to reading the chapter--excellent! Would love to see another one up tonight... ::)

Amaya

And it's up!  I know, blowing all your minds, aren't I?  I'm blowing my own as well :-*

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Amaya

Watch out, it's about to get blown even more...next chapter is up, and it's a hot one!  So those innocent young things who read my fic might want to avert their eyes at certain points! :-* :-* :-*

Ekirä

Quote from: Amaya on October 30, 2010, 12:09:24 PM
Watch out, it's about to get blown even more...next chapter is up, and it's a hot one!  So those innocent young things who read my fic might want to avert their eyes at certain points! :-* :-* :-*

It's moving along nicely!! ;D And three chapters in what....5 days? It's almost like you're trying to finish Brotherhood before NaNo starts. ;)

Amaya

LOL Finish, no, I'm not that ambitious, but get to the fall of Hometree?  That's achievable, and fits in well with my NaNo, "Histories" ;)

Amaya

Wheee!  Chapter 29 is up just before midnight!  I'm still planning to try and get chapter 30 up in the next couple of days too, to really get through to my starting point for Histories 8)

Ekirä

Woohoo another one! ;D

I bet chapter 30 is going to be painful though....... :(

Amaya

Yes, ma Ekirä you would guess right.  It's up, now, and purged from my heart so I can go back to Histories and enjoy its much more lighthearted air for a little while, until I feel ready to tackle 31.

Amaya

Next chapter is up, with answers to almost all the burning questions the last chapter left you all with (I'm assuming)

I've also been working on Histories and will update it on here soon, perhaps tomorrow or Saturday! ;D

Muzer

We also have a very good remembrance day, FWIW (UK).

Amaya

Yup, yours is the only other "good" one as far as I'm concerned :P :-*  Plus you have white poppies, which I think are more than awesome, so...

Muzer

White poppies? Nope, they're red ;)

And I just finished reading your latest chapter - again, outstanding. Well-balanced against the previous chapter, as well as within itself.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

excellent CH! You should ask JC if you could write the first movie into a novel for him so he could concentrate on making the second. I think next to Bionic arms on Pandora, yours is one of the best stories on the site. Love the writing style.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Muzer

I'm not normally one to hassle people but I'm really in suspense on what's going to happen and have been that way for a while... how's the next chapter coming along? ;) Sorry for being rude like this, but I want to read it so much :D

Amaya

hehe no worries, it's about 2/3 done although I'm behind on my NaNo...gonna be blitzing both over the next week to finish, but the chapter comes first because I have to get it out of my head, so...next couple of days?

;D glad you're enjoying it!

Ekirä

Quote from: Amaya on November 23, 2010, 06:40:48 PM
hehe no worries, it's about 2/3 done although I'm behind on my NaNo...gonna be blitzing both over the next week to finish, but the chapter comes first because I have to get it out of my head, so...next couple of days?

;D glad you're enjoying it!

Good to know you haven't given up on NaNo.... I was starting to wonder. ;) Have fun blitzing!!! :D

Amaya

LOL naw this is my typical.  I finished one year doing 30k words in the last two days, so...