Fanfiction feedback friend?

Started by Amaya, April 03, 2010, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Quote from: Amaya on November 23, 2010, 07:55:11 PM
LOL naw this is my typical.  I finished one year doing 30k words in the last two days, so...

Zomg. :P That's a lot....and I'm complaining about doing 1700 every night. :D

Amaya

HRH I'm the type who's motivated well by panic...I can do 1700 in half an hour but I get lazy... ::)  Oh well, at least I know that about myself :D

Amaya

Rejoice, ma Muzer, for there is now (much) more fanfic for you (and everyone else) to read! :-* :-* :-*

Amaya

Wow, never a good sign when you get the necropost warning when you go to announce another chapter!  Ah well...

Chapter 33 is here!  and it's...kinda sad :'( tissues out, everyone...

Ekirä

Nice!!! You wrote Grace's death really beautifully.

Amaya

Thanks!  It wasn't easy, I can tell you!  But it had to be done, and so I buckled down and did it.  Actually though, the scene that really gets me every time is the very first scene of the chapter.  I actually teared up when I first thought of it and had to force myself to think of other things because I couldn't afford to go on a massive crying jag while I was trying to deliver newspapers.

Amaya

A little pre-snapshot from the next chapter because I really liked the imagery of it:

Her hair, where it brushed against his arm, was cool.  That was wrong, he thought, shaking his head, it should burn like the flames it resembled, like the spirit of her whom it had served as a blazing beacon.  He resolved something then.  He might not be able to rally a people the way Jake had, but he had his own skill with words, and he would put that to use.  He would write a song for her, reminding all those who had known her, and telling all those who would never, now, get the chance, of the spirit of fire that had been Grace Augustine.  He might have been an anthropologist, and perhaps in a way he still was, but he was no longer Tom Sully, avatar driver and PhD, he was Tomsuuly, a Singer of the Omatikaya people, and he would give everything he had to ensure that her song was sung by the People forever.

Puvomun

Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Nusumea Tirea

mllte. very nice. irayo for that one.

Amaya

Glad you liked the snapshot, now the full chapter is up!  Merry Christmas, everyone!

Puvomun

Quote from: Amaya on December 25, 2010, 06:02:15 AM
Glad you liked the snapshot, now the full chapter is up!  Merry Christmas, everyone!
Wootx!! :D
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Nusumea Tirea

Also a merry Christmas to you. Irayo for the chapter.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Merry Christmas all. And boy do I have some reading to do.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Amaya

Just found this did you? ;D  Or am I misinterpreting?

And to all my readers, glad you've enjoyed this latest offering!

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

No, I had started reading this when you first wrote it, but I've been gone for a while.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Amaya

Ahhhhh *nods* well yes, there has been quite a bit added in the last couple of months, so plenty of reading to do!

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

to be honest i stopped at ch. 30 and havent been given the chance to read the rest yet. i think im just going to print it all and read it when i dont have to go to a comp and read the d*** thing. i still think its good though. :-\

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Amaya

*pets Duma* I understand, dear.  Just trust me, you'll enjoy it when you can get to it.

Amaya

Woot!  Yay finally another chapter is out!  I'm over all the sickies and better enough to write again!  Yay!

Nusumea Tirea