KERÌM, MERÌN

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, November 11, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Trr sì Txon ulte Trr sì Txon   Day and Night, Day and Night

Kerìm. merìn Kxämlaw taw   Spinning, turning, across the sky

Eywayä tiyawn 'iveyk'awn   Ewya's love causes us to remain.

Tirea Aean

Cool! Is this going to flourish into a fanfic story, or is this Na'vi poetry? There is a really cool place where original and translated Na'vi literature goes, including poetry. alu /pamrel-ninavi-niaw

Plumps

Nìngay, fyin sì lor! :D

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on November 11, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

Trr sì Txon ulte Trr sì Txon   Day and Night, Day and Night

Kerìm. merìn Kxamlä taw   Spinning, turning, across the sky

Eywayä tìyawnìl (awngat) 'eykì'awn   Ewya's love causes us to remain.

Instead of kxamlä, I'd use just ka since it's 'across' and not 'by way of the middle'.

awngat, ayoengat, moet, oengat (etc.) – whatever this 'us' entails – of course you don't need it that's why I put it in parenthesis. But as far as I know, the ‹eyk› demands that agent and patient (even if one isn't mentioned) are marked by their case ending.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Ma Tirea!  I didn't take the time to find the above mentioned thread,  I will mark it as a favorite!
It is indeed an except from Chapter 311 of my ongoing saga!

Ma Plumps!  Thank you.  Your notes about <eyk> are useful.  Last week I tried to use it as a verb (!) so I guess I'm improving! (face/palm)  I am also learning lessons in humility as I display my lack of comprehension of linguistic terminology and structure!  So I was half right last week because the inclusion of <eyk> causes the verb to take on transitive characteristics, kefyak?

Plumps

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on November 12, 2012, 10:21:17 AMMa Plumps!  Thank you.  Your notes about <eyk> are useful.  Last week I tried to use it as a verb (!) so I guess I'm improving! (face/palm)

Well, there is a verb eyk which means 'to lead' as in tsu'teyìl tsampongut eyk 'Tsu'tey leads the war party'
but as an infix...

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on November 12, 2012, 10:21:17 AM... the inclusion of <eyk> causes the (intransitive) verb to take on transitive characteristics, kefyak?

You were right there ;) Seysonìltsan!
Don't be discouraged by linguistic babble :P We can always explain it plain and simple, with examples :) The important thing is understanding ;)

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk