My Navi Poem

Started by neosis666, December 25, 2009, 06:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neosis666

With help constructing the tenses and topics from people on Skype.

I hope you enjoy.

Lu oe Na'vi srak. Kehe. Oe lu uniltìrantokx.
Tawtutel oeyä skola'a tireati.
Oe 'ayì'awn, ma Iknimayani.
Ma Eywal, txoa livu.
Nìftxavang oe tsmukan slayu.
Na'vi srayung.

omängum fra'uti

Nice! :)

Though I have a question....  Is this poem from the point of view of an avatar?  (IE not the person controlling the avatar, but the avatar itself.)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

neosis666

omängum fra'uti

I like it!  An interesting choice indeed, there certainly is that whole unanswered question of what exactly the avatars are, as a person.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Brainiac

I like it  ;D  I'd love to see more.

what's the infix '-iv' mean again? (oel omängum fì'u, oe lu skxawng)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

neosis666

If your refering to "livu" then we dont know what it directly means yet (i think), although the context used in the movie would be asking for forgiveness.

Approx
Oeru txoa livu, maway tsmukan, maway tsmukan.

I ask forgiveness, calm brother, calm brother.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: neosis666 on December 26, 2009, 05:37:53 AM
If your refering to "livu" then we dont know what it directly means yet (i think), although the context used in the movie would be asking for forgiveness.

Approx
Oeru txoa livu, maway tsmukan, maway tsmukan.

I ask forgiveness, calm brother, calm brother.

So good to finally know that, especially yesterday watching Neytiri say it, and feel it.
私は太った男だ。

Taronyu

Lu oeri Na'vi srak. Kehe. Oe lu uniltìrantokx. <- added topic -ri
Oe 'ayì'awn, Iknimaya mì. <- changed adposition to 'mì', 'in', removed vocative 'ma'
Ma Eywal, txoasi oeyä ayli'u. <- +si, to verb, + 'my', + ay+ (plural) for words. 'my' may not be necessary: ayfi'u would work, or fiayli'u, 'these words'. Of course, livu works in the movie, so...
Nìftxavang oel tsmukanti slayu. <- +l, +ti, acc.
Na'viti srayung. <- +ti the people will help. I'm not sure if Na'vi has subject deletion - Oel might be necessary.

Or, you could keep it as Na'vi srayung: the people will help, which doesn't fit with the rest of the poem, I think.

Looking forward to the next one. :)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Taronyu on December 27, 2009, 02:52:33 PM
Lu oeri Na'vi srak. Kehe. Oe lu uniltìrantokx. <- added topic -ri
Oe 'ayì'awn, Iknimaya mì. <- changed adposition to 'mì', 'in', removed vocative 'ma'
Ma Eywal, txoasi oeyä ayli'u. <- +si, to verb, + 'my', + ay+ (plural) for words. 'my' may not be necessary: ayfi'u would work, or fiayli'u, 'these words'. Of course, livu works in the movie, so...
Nìftxavang oel tsmukanti slayu. <- +l, +ti, acc.
Na'viti srayung. <- +ti the people will help. I'm not sure if Na'vi has subject deletion - Oel might be necessary.

Or, you could keep it as Na'vi srayung: the people will help, which doesn't fit with the rest of the poem, I think.

Looking forward to the next one. :)

I think poems this complicated could help people learn, if you would not mind adding the infixes suffixes in an enclosed <ay> <ei> -ti style, so that people who are still learning can get a feel for the way words are coming together.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=51.0#msg537
私は太った男だ。

Taronyu

I'm not sure about addition of markers <> or -. I like the challenge of looking: and, in some cases, we're not sure. Look at Frommer's tswayon for fly. I'm pretty certain that's a future infix. Would marking that be good or bad?

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Taronyu on December 27, 2009, 08:32:24 PM
I'm not sure about addition of markers <> or -. I like the challenge of looking: and, in some cases, we're not sure. Look at Frommer's tswayon for fly. I'm pretty certain that's a future infix. Would marking that be good or bad?

I was thinking more to the way you notated your alterations, it would be helpful for learning, and maintaining the grammar.  Especially when using modified versions of the existing vocabulary.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=374.0
私は太った男だ。