Na'vi Novel Writing Month...

Started by Amaya, September 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 12:49:02 PM
(It is also awsome to write a story with someone else. I once wrote a story with 6 other people.)

I TOTALLY agree with that, I write so much better when there's more than just my brain contributing to the story. That'd be an awesome NaNo...take turns writing 1700 words. ;D
Per person per day. :D

We used to be online at crazy times, each of us contributing 2 or 3 characters at least, and write together. Google docs is great for that. Someone writes and seconds later you see what they wrote. We coordinated turns in writing over MSN, and we had a blast as you never know what the next person is going to write.
Really, it's fracking metal!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 12:49:02 PM
(It is also awsome to write a story with someone else. I once wrote a story with 6 other people.)

I TOTALLY agree with that, I write so much better when there's more than just my brain contributing to the story. That'd be an awesome NaNo...take turns writing 1700 words. ;D
Per person per day. :D

We used to be online at crazy times, each of us contributing 2 or 3 characters at least, and write together. Google docs is great for that. Someone writes and seconds later you see what they wrote. We coordinated turns in writing over MSN, and we had a blast as you never know what the next person is going to write.

Sounds insane. Kinda fun, though. ;)

Puvomun

Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 12:59:30 PM

Sounds insane. Kinda fun, though. ;)

it is :-)

Here is a story I wrote with 2 others. The intro is short, to get to know the characters. Chapter 2 and further is written by all 3 authors. "Gillian" is my character. Ashley and Lynne are by one other, and Declan and Buffy by a second other.

The only thing we knew when we started this was that all characters were in a bar (we had picked a real NYC bar, and looked up the floorplan so we knew where everyone was!) and that there would be a guy with a gun (whom I also wrote). Gives you an idea of what happens.

Writing like that is awesome.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Amaya

I co-write all the time in googledocs with a couple different friends, it really is a great way to write, although quite different.  And I totally know what you mean about "reading" your own story as you write it.  Sometimes, too, I go back and read something I've written and think "wow, that was a really exciting scene, I wonder how the author managed to make it flow so well/managed to think of such a thing" and then I remember oh yeah, I wrote that...gee, where'd that come from? HRH ;D

Writing is an amazing transformative process, and I'm so glad to have other author-type people on here to share it with *hugs everyone* :-*

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 01:41:28 PM
Quote from: Amaya on December 20, 2010, 01:36:42 PM*hugs everyone* :-*
Group hug :)

I'm not really an author. :P I can't say writing is ever actually fun for me...

Puvomun

Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 01:48:52 PM
Stick around anyway, dear. We'll corrupt you over time.
And it's nice to have you here. :)

OME, laughing self silly over the Hilda the Witch chapter I am writing now...

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Le'eylan

Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 01:41:28 PM
Quote from: Amaya on December 20, 2010, 01:36:42 PM
gee, where'd that come from?
Oh my Eywa, that sounds so familiar...
It does... :P I don't know whether to continue the story or read it?
I haven't read it all through even once.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ekirä

Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 02:00:14 PM

I don't know, I don't think I'll ever enjoy it. It's difficult and painful and not very rewarding. I can lose myself in drawing, but I never lose myself in writing. :P Some of us just aren't authors. ;)

Le'eylan

Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 02:09:15 PM

I don't know, I don't think I'll ever enjoy it. It's difficult and painful and not very rewarding. I can lose myself in drawing, but I never lose myself in writing. :P Some of us just aren't authors. ;)

What define an author?
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ekirä

Quote from: Le'eylan on December 20, 2010, 02:12:20 PM

What define an author?

I don't know...someone that writes for reasons besides just a challenge? :P

Le'eylan

Quote from: Ekirä on December 20, 2010, 02:23:04 PM

What define an author?

:P I don't know either, but if you write... you pretty much is a pamreltu, kefyak? ^_____^
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Puvomun

What define an author?

For me it is someone who writes because there is an inner drive. It is not always fun. I have written parts that made me cry my eyes out. And when I read these things back, I cry again as I feel the pain in there over and again.

An author for me is someone who has to let out something, if not for others then at least for themselves. To open a vein and bring out what is deep inside.

QuoteI don't know either, but if you write... you pretty much is a pamreltu, kefyak?
Srane. No one writes without the drive, no matter how bizarre or painful it is.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Amaya

Quote from: Puvomun on December 20, 2010, 02:29:51 PM
It is not always fun. I have written parts that made me cry my eyes out. And when I read these things back, I cry again as I feel the pain in there over and again.

OME this.  The beginning of my last chapter is just...*whimper* I had to read over the chapter yesterday to check something and I made the mistake of reading it again and...yeah, just really makes me cry.  Made me cry the first time I thought of if, made me cry as I was writing it, will probably continue to make me cry every time I read it ever, it's just... *sigh*  Sometimes there's sadness in people's lives, and characters are still people too!

Le'eylan

QuoteI don't know either, but if you write... you pretty much is a pamreltu, kefyak?

Like... the supermegawesome Douglas Adams didn't even enjoy writing, and his writing was genius.
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Ekirä

What define an author?

For me it is someone who writes because there is an inner drive. It is not always fun. I have written parts that made me cry my eyes out. And when I read these things back, I cry again as I feel the pain in there over and again.

An author for me is someone who has to let out something, if not for others then at least for themselves. To open a vein and bring out what is deep inside.

I just thought there might be some pleasure in it, some satisfaction. I never get that. :P

Quote from: Le'eylan on December 20, 2010, 02:34:40 PM

Like... the supermegawesome Douglas Adams didn't even enjoy writing, and his writing was genius.

I don't think Heinlein enjoyed writing at all either....

Puvomun

Quote from: Amaya on December 20, 2010, 02:32:43 PM
It is not always fun. I have written parts that made me cry my eyes out. And when I read these things back, I cry again as I feel the pain in there over and again.

OME this.  The beginning of my last chapter is just...*whimper* I had to read over the chapter yesterday to check something and I made the mistake of reading it again and...yeah, just really makes me cry.  Made me cry the first time I thought of if, made me cry as I was writing it, will probably continue to make me cry every time I read it ever, it's just... *sigh*  Sometimes there's sadness in people's lives, and characters are still people too!
Yes. It is the worst kind of pain because it is what comes from inside you and then, when you read it, it is sooo confronting and hitting home so deep inside you. I don't know if there is something worse than this kind of pain you inflict on yourself... :-\

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

The idea is to write so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.

Maya Angelou

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Le'eylan

I was thinking, and crying because of a book is quite.. something.
How do you write something that makes you cry?
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Puvomun

Quote from: Le'eylan on December 20, 2010, 02:40:04 PM
I was thinking, and crying because of a book is quite.. something.
How do you write something that makes you cry?
It happens. I have written things while I cried and told Eywa "I do NOT want to write that!"

Why I wrote it? It was inside me. Perhaps the release of an old personal pain. An injustice that I had to deal with. But I did it. I am sure that many people who write, authors, writers, pamreltu know that feeling.

And I tell Eywa "I do NOT want to read that." And yet, I do. And I cry. Because it is... siltsan...

Ngopyu ayvurä.