Started by Amaya, September 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Puvomun

Quote from: Le'eylan on December 28, 2010, 11:30:10 AM
OK I really need to get going with the writing again. Any advice that can help the motivation?  :-\
There are several exercises for that.

One I like is: take 1 or 2 of your characters and have a written talk with her/himthem, to get back in the story again. Ask them what they are going to do in the next chapter, or the chapter you are writing now.

Or write a few simple short paragraphs about what the story encompasses, where you want it to go.

Maybe that will help you.

I assume you wrote in Swedish, so sending us the start of chapter 1 might not be a good idea. Otherwise we could tell you how good you are! (Because you are good, you just have to be reminded of it.)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

archaic

Write, or I'll bite your legs off.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Le'eylan

Quote from: archaic on December 28, 2010, 02:39:44 PM
Write, or I'll bite your legs off.
Haha OK! ;D
Quote from: Puvomun on December 28, 2010, 11:40:49 AM
I assume you wrote in Swedish, so sending us the start of chapter 1 might not be a good idea. Otherwise we could tell you how good you are! (Because you are good, you just have to be reminded of it.)
I wrote in English actually.. But I think I'll just wait till after edit and all that until anyone can read it ::)
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Amaya

>.< I think I need to scale back my expectation from 50k to 30k words for this month, having my 16-month-old nephew around is making writing a bit...sporadic  ::)

He's cute though so I forgive him ;D

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

cutness should not get you out of anything...but your reasoning is correct for most people.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Amaya

It shouldn't get you out of anything unless you're still too young to talk, which he is, so...

And I did make it to just over 30k words by the 31st, but the chapter isn't quite ready to be posted.  I'm a poor sickie, taking care of another poor sickie (no not the nephew thank goodness)

Puvomun

Oh deary, poor you! Get well as soon as you can! *hands a virtual cup of chicken soup*

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Amaya

irayo, ma 'eylan! *takes chicken soup and adds to her big batch of turkey soup* :-*  

Sadly my mother and I are sick with different things, so I'm really hoping I don't get what she's got since she's worse-off than I am!  I'm trying to make sure I don't catch whatever she's got, which very well might be norwalk or e-coli poisoning...gak!

(edit: I just have a normal cold.  Annoying but not serious)

Puvomun

Quote from: Amaya on January 03, 2011, 01:28:00 PM
irayo, ma 'eylan! *takes chicken soup and adds to her big batch of turkey soup* :-*  

Sadly my mother and I are sick with different things, so I'm really hoping I don't get what she's got since she's worse-off than I am!  I'm trying to make sure I don't catch whatever she's got, which very well might be norwalk or e-coli poisoning...gak!

(edit: I just have a normal cold.  Annoying but not serious)
Good luck getting over the cold, that is bad enough indeed.
And stay away from poisoning stuff!!!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Le'eylan

I'm writing again, like really writing!
Today I just came up with some things to add to a chapter,
and now I can't stop!  ;D
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

Reviving this one again. Who's participating? It's coming up soon!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Oh, ma PeganPaul ;)
you know I have been waiting for this for 10 months now :D
Last year I was too late... This year I defnitely plan to participate but not with an Avatar related story, I'm afraid.

Le'eylan

I cannot wait! I do have some ideas already :)
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on September 09, 2011, 06:12:44 AM
Oh, ma PeganPaul ;)
you know I have been waiting for this for 10 months now :D
Last year I was too late... This year I defnitely plan to participate but not with an Avatar related story, I'm afraid.

Don't be afraid - I am writing non-Avatar also this time. My storywill be in the style of a Blade Runner-like environment this time.

Quote from: Le'eylan on September 09, 2011, 06:19:02 AM
I cannot wait! I do have some ideas already :)
Tewti!! We're so going to kick txìm!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

I'm in. :D Planning on figuring out a plot line *before* I start my story this time instead of after. :P

Seze Mune

Amaya

I'm toying with the idea of doing something with the fable of Tam Lin this year.

Anyone familiar with it?  It's one of my alltime favourites, really!